PDA

View Full Version : More of a Spurs loss than a Jazz victory

SpursDynasty
05-26-2007, 10:04 PM
First, congrats to Utah for their first Western Conf. Finals victory since 1998. It's always good for a team to take advantage when the other team (the Spurs) are making mistakes, missing shots, and turning the ball over. The Spurs will get it together for next game. Tonight just wasn't their night. It's more about the Spurs didn't do than what the Jazz did tonight. That allows for Utah to get off some easy shots here and there and win the game.

Since Utah is just happy to be here and probably doesn't expect to win this series, they could build on tonight's victory for the years to come. Meanwhile, Spurs must finish out the series in San Antonio in Game 5, and prepare for their Finals rematch with Detroit.

timmydidit
05-26-2007, 10:05 PM
well said

SpursDynastyLooms
05-26-2007, 10:06 PM
The Spurs will win this series in 5.

I think it was more a matter of the Jazz beating a team they were supposed to beat. That said, the Jazz will win this series in 7.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-26-2007, 10:07 PM
I beg to differ. The Jazz beat them, plain and simple. Its not a big deal - just accept it and move on to game 4.

spurs1990
05-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Spin control aside, the Spurs better win game 4 or its going 7.

sanman53
05-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Congrats Jazz on your W.

yavozerb
05-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Dude, the Jazz kicked our ass tonight!!plain and simple. Its called home court and its good to finally see some series where actually means an advantage.

TampaDude
05-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Spin control aside, the Spurs better win game 4 or its going 7.

Yup.

duncan2k5
05-26-2007, 10:17 PM
ummm...missing shots??? turning it over??? maybe that had something to do with the Jazz. okur was OWNING Duncan for a while there

SpursDynasty
05-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I beg to differ. The Jazz beat them, plain and simple. Its not a big deal - just accept it and move on to game 4.

Not really. The Spurs beat themselves.

spursfaninla
05-26-2007, 10:21 PM
fouls were a big issue, but Tim was being limited anyway with 8 turnovers.

Okur was a non-factor, and oberto was better than any of his previous games at salt lake, but even so the best front court player on the court today (at least in terms of impact on the game) was clearly Boozer. He was unstoppable in the 3rd, when the jazz turned a 4 pt. deficit into an 8 pt lead.

With boozer and dwill putting up about 60 between them, it was actually the role players scoring that make the difference. Fisher had about 10, as did harping, milsap and gircek. That adds up.

We can't have the big two for the jazz have a great game AND their supporting players play well. It have to limit it to either-or, I think, unless we excute offensively very efficiently.

they turned the fg% shooting around on us, going for 52% with us shooting 43%.

Ft shots were about even, but they had an extra 10 shots in the game from turnovers and off. rebounds...

L.I.T
05-26-2007, 10:23 PM
19 turnovers and only 17 assists for the Spurs.

texbound
05-26-2007, 10:24 PM
The Spurs will win this series in 5.

I think it was more a matter of the Jazz beating a team they were supposed to beat. That said, the Jazz will win this series in 7.

um....what? Which one is it?

ducks
05-26-2007, 10:25 PM
19 turnovers and only 17 assists for the Spurs.
thanks to duncan 8 turnovers

SpursDynasty
05-26-2007, 10:27 PM
To the genius who said "I hope Utah can make it interesting in Games 3 and 4", congratulations, you got your wish.

dav4463
05-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Jazz played well. Spurs lacked a sense of urgency.

timmydidit
05-26-2007, 10:30 PM
To the genius who said "I hope Utah can make it interesting in Games 3 and 4", congratulations, you got your wish.

well its been a boring series

SpursWillOwn
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
officials really bailed jazz out and it became a blowout because the jazz hit the shots given by spurs d

JAZZinSIX
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Does anyone really believe this was a 'Spurs Loss' and not a 'Jazz Victory?'

No one can be that much of a homer, right?

You kicked our ass games 1 and 2. We kicked your ass game 3. Isn't that what happened?

Borosai
05-26-2007, 10:34 PM
It was a Jazz victory.

SpursDynasty
05-26-2007, 10:36 PM

You kicked our ass games 1 and 2. We kicked your ass game 3. Isn't that what happened?

Not really. The Spurs lost because they played poorly. Not because the Jazz played great. I wasn't impressed by Utah, they were just taking advantage of missed shots.

JAZZinSIX
05-26-2007, 10:39 PM
SpursDynasty needs glasses. We smoked you. That's what happened. It happens. Doesn't mean you're not up 2-1, doesnt' mean you won't kill us in game 4. But you got blasted.

Fast Dunk
05-26-2007, 10:40 PM
SpursDynasty needs glasses. We smoked you. That's what happened. It happens. Doesn't mean you're not up 2-1, doesnt' mean you won't kill us in game 4. But you got blasted.

The Jazz will win game 4

Fast Dunk
05-26-2007, 10:42 PM

There is a difference, The Utah Jazz kept fighting in Games 1 and 2,

That wasn't an ass kicking.

Tonight was an ass kicking!

Borosai
05-26-2007, 10:42 PM
The Spurs got blown out in game 2 against the Suns. Who cares about that now? They won the series, and that's what they have to do again. Focus and win.

Fast Dunk
05-26-2007, 10:44 PM
The Spurs got blown out in game 2 against the Suns. Who cares about that now? They won the series, and that's what they have to do again. Focus and win.

They won't win...

Series will be tied after Game 4

florige
05-26-2007, 10:47 PM
fouls were a big issue, but Tim was being limited anyway with 8 turnovers.

Okur was a non-factor, and oberto was better than any of his previous games at salt lake, but even so the best front court player on the court today (at least in terms of impact on the game) was clearly Boozer. He was unstoppable in the 3rd, when the jazz turned a 4 pt. deficit into an 8 pt lead.

With boozer and dwill putting up about 60 between them, it was actually the role players scoring that make the difference. Fisher had about 10, as did harping, milsap and gircek. That adds up.

We can't have the big two for the jazz have a great game AND their supporting players play well. It have to limit it to either-or, I think, unless we excute offensively very efficiently.

they turned the fg% shooting around on us, going for 52% with us shooting 43%.

Ft shots were about even, but they had an extra 10 shots in the game from turnovers and off. rebounds...

Okur was maybe a non-factor on offense. He gave Duncan all kinds of headaches tonight!!

cherylsteele
05-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Not really. The Spurs lost because they played poorly. Not because the Jazz played great. I wasn't impressed by Utah, they were just taking advantage of missed shots.
You weren't impressed by the Jazz tonight? Please don't be such a blind homer.
Has it ever occurred to you that those missed shots by the Spurs had to do with the Jazz contesting shots much better than in games 1 & 2. Sure the Spurs played poorly but you have to give props to the Jazz too.

That being said, I believe the Spurs take games 4 & 5.

florige
05-26-2007, 10:50 PM
There is a difference, The Utah Jazz kept fighting in Games 1 and 2,

That wasn't an ass kicking.

Tonight was an ass kicking!

You had better start worrying about bron-bron and how you guys managed to blow TWO winnable games to Detroit. We can handle our trust me!!

Fast Dunk
05-26-2007, 10:50 PM
You had better start worrying about bron-bron and how you guys managed to blow TWO winnable games to Detroit. We can handle our trust me!!

At least they didn't get blown out like your boring spurs

florige
05-26-2007, 10:53 PM

D-Williams had us all turned around today. Timmy being in foul trouble most of the game doesn't help matter either. Utah got timely buckets from their bench when we started to chip away in the 3rd. Don't expect them to continue shooting lights out like that. Collins?? Puuulease gimme a break.

florige
05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
At least they didn't get blown out like your boring spurs

Please you guys are ten times more boring than we are. Watching that series is like watching a snooze fest. But you are right, you guys haven't got blown out... YET

SpursDynasty
05-26-2007, 11:07 PM
You weren't impressed by the Jazz tonight? Please don't be such a blind homer.
Has it ever occurred to you that those missed shots by the Spurs had to do with the Jazz contesting shots much better than in games 1 & 2. Sure the Spurs played poorly but you have to give props to the Jazz too.

That being said, I believe the Spurs take games 4 & 5.

Not impressed. The Spurs missing shots were because of the Spurs. Utah has a long way to go before they can make the NBA Finals.

We can't have Boozer, Okur, and Deron Williams in the Finals. That just can't happen or the NBA is over for good.

Cry Havoc
05-26-2007, 11:51 PM

New to the boards, aren't cha. It's okay. You'll figure shit out around here soon enough. :wakeup

BoozerLooms
05-27-2007, 12:00 AM
D-Williams had us all turned around today. Timmy being in foul trouble most of the game doesn't help matter either. Utah got timely buckets from their bench when we started to chip away in the 3rd. Don't expect them to continue shooting lights out like that. Collins?? Puuulease gimme a break.

I hear you about Collins. However, its not terribly uncommon for him to contribute well for 3 - 4 minutes a game. At least its not Ostertag!!

SpursDynastyLooms
05-27-2007, 12:03 AM

Exactly. SpursDynasty....LOOMS!!!!

Fast Dunk
05-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Please you guys are ten times more boring than we are. Watching that series is like watching a snooze fest. But you are right, you guys haven't got blown out... YET

Maybe because we have former Spurs front office/coaching staff..

Go Figure!

MannyIsGod
05-27-2007, 12:16 AM
What a stupid fucking thread.

jazzman12
05-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Look, I have about as much respect for the Spurs as anybody, but to say this wasn't a Jazz victory is aboslutley bias, homerish, and flat out stupid.

Sure, one game doesn't win a series and the Jazz still have a LONG WAY to go if they want to push this to 7 games, but they flat out beat SA's asses tonight.

I love it when a team is missing shots and turning the ball over and homer fans seem to think they are doing that all by themselves. It's like: I guess during Michael Jordan's run to 6 NBA titles, teams just so happened to be missing shots and turning the ball over handing the Bulls victories. What a bunch of weak fucking bullshit.

Man up, realize you got bitch-slapped in game 3 and lick your wounds as you move on and prepare for game 4. End of story.

One note of caution that would make me nervous as a Spur fan: Utah has outplayed SA in the 2nd half of EVERY GAME so far this series. If this trend continues, I think Utah may not be as out of it as some people think. Also, the longer Utah is allowed to hang around in this series, the more dangerous they become.

Just ask Houston. After 2 games in that series, Houston was simply the better team. However, after getting back to SLC and evening up the series at 2-2 things changed drastically. Confidence and momentum are huge for this young Jazz team. When they have both going for them, it's very hard to shut them down.

LavaLamp
05-27-2007, 01:12 AM
When Duncan squeezes that basketball before handing it to a ref after a foul is called, is he checking if the ball is correctly inflated? Is he checking if the reason he missed a shot is that the ball is somehow "loaded"?

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Yeah...It's not like Utah made any defensive adjustments in game 3... OH WAIT. THEY RESTRUCTURED THE DEFENSE TO STOP PENETRATING.

(hint: Check Ginobli's line tonight.)

SpursDynasty
05-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Look, I have about as much respect for the Spurs as anybody, but to say this wasn't a Jazz victory is aboslutley bias, homerish, and flat out stupid.

Sure, one game doesn't win a series and the Jazz still have a LONG WAY to go if they want to push this to 7 games, but they flat out beat SA's asses tonight.

I love it when a team is missing shots and turning the ball over and homer fans seem to think they are doing that all by themselves. It's like: I guess during Michael Jordan's run to 6 NBA titles, teams just so happened to be missing shots and turning the ball over handing the Bulls victories. What a bunch of weak fucking bullshit.

Man up, realize you got bitch-slapped in game 3 and lick your wounds as you move on and prepare for game 4. End of story.

One note of caution that would make me nervous as a Spur fan: Utah has outplayed SA in the 2nd half of EVERY GAME so far this series. If this trend continues, I think Utah may not be as out of it as some people think. Also, the longer Utah is allowed to hang around in this series, the more dangerous they become.

Just ask Houston. After 2 games in that series, Houston was simply the better team. However, after getting back to SLC and evening up the series at 2-2 things changed drastically. Confidence and momentum are huge for this young Jazz team. When they have both going for them, it's very hard to shut them down.

For you to compare HOUSTON to the Spurs is a joke. Houston didn't even belong in the playoffs at all. For you to compare Utah to MJ's Bulls is even worse. The Bulls earned their victories, the Jazz had tonight handed to them. Face it, your team isn't getting any further than Game 5. Series is over in Game 5. The Spurs tonight did lose by themselves. Utah just got all of their shots to go in. I don't respect Utah as a title contender. They got to the conference finals without having to play a top two NBA team. The Spurs got through Phoenix to get here. What has Utah done? An easy Houston team and calls to go their way during the Warriors series. Jazz are a decent team but against the top defensive teams, only luck gets them a win.

Good try Utah for this season, it's been a good resurrection since the end of the Malone-Stockton days. Maybe in 5 or 6 years you can win a championship.
:lol

Fast Dunk
05-27-2007, 01:44 AM
For you to compare HOUSTON to the Spurs is a joke. Houston didn't even belong in the playoffs at all. For you to compare Utah to MJ's Bulls is even worse. The Bulls earned their victories, the Jazz had tonight handed to them. Face it, your team isn't getting any further than Game 5. Series is over in Game 5. The Spurs tonight did lose by themselves. Utah just got all of their shots to go in. I don't respect Utah as a title contender. They got to the conference finals without having to play a top two NBA team. The Spurs got through Phoenix to get here. What has Utah done? An easy Houston team and calls to go their way during the Warriors series. Jazz are a decent team but against the top defensive teams, only luck gets them a win.

Good try Utah for this season, it's been a good resurrection since the end of the Malone-Stockton days. Maybe in 5 or 6 years you can win a championship.

You will cry like a little bitch when Utah wins this series...

Chump!

twincam
05-27-2007, 09:35 AM
What is it with you people and home-court advantage?! Home-court is OVERRATED! Spurs lost, plain and simple. Spurs lead the series.

Jazz must win 3 of the next 4 to advance to the finals.

Spurs only need to win 2 of the next 4 games.

So you tell me, who's ass is against the wall here?

bigfan
05-27-2007, 09:45 AM
I disagree with your statement, we got our asses kicked. Lets not cry about it, lets just pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, learn from our mistakes and come back and issue some payback in game 4. No excuses please.

TampaDude
05-27-2007, 10:15 AM

Chump!

Guess you'll have to root for someone else besides the Cavs after they get SWEPT by Detroit! :lmao

VegasJazz
05-27-2007, 10:28 AM
First, congrats to Utah for their first Western Conf. Finals victory since 1998. It's always good for a team to take advantage when the other team (the Spurs) are making mistakes, missing shots, and turning the ball over. The Spurs will get it together for next game. Tonight just wasn't their night. It's more about the Spurs didn't do than what the Jazz did tonight. That allows for Utah to get off some easy shots here and there and win the game.

Since Utah is just happy to be here and probably doesn't expect to win this series, they could build on tonight's victory for the years to come. Meanwhile, Spurs must finish out the series in San Antonio in Game 5, and prepare for their Finals rematch with Detroit.

We didnt just win we wooped your ass 109 points is more than just easy shots here aand there. The Jazz need to keep Timmy off the floor again. JAZZ in 7 :donkey

romain.star
05-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

FireSternin2007
05-27-2007, 11:48 AM
This thread is absurd. If you lose by 8 or 9, sometimes that is caused by your own self-destruction, when you lose by 26, you got beat plain and simple. If your argument is that the Spurs beat themselves, then that is what the Jazz did by falling asleep in the 2nd quarter of games 1 and 2. Since we know that the Spurs beat the Jazz in games 1 and 2, it is no different that the Jazz beat the Spurs in game 3. Quit making excuses like Phoenix.

jazzman12
05-27-2007, 11:54 AM
What is it with you people and home-court advantage?! Home-court is OVERRATED! Spurs lost, plain and simple. Spurs lead the series.

Jazz must win 3 of the next 4 to advance to the finals.

Spurs only need to win 2 of the next 4 games.

So you tell me, who's ass is against the wall here?

That's a nice attempt to spin the numbers and make it look like there is little hope for Utah.

Here's the only mathmatical fact that remains to be seen:

-If Utah wins their next home game (chances are probable that they will), this series is knotted up at 2-2 and all of a sudden this becomes a 3 game series, with Utah having a ton of momentum.

As for Mr. Spursdynasty: Your blind homerism takes away any credibility you have. Hell, even fellow Spurs fans in here think your an idiot. I'm not comparing Houston to SA. SA is obviously much better. I was merely saying Utah has the confidence to come back from an 0-2 hole. I'm sorry, but it's apparent that the Utah Jazz don't fear the Spurs as much as you think they should. You don't want to give Utah credit for a 26 point victory? That's fine, we don't need validation from Spurs fans.

All I ask is that after this series goes longer than 5 games, you come in here and admit that you are an idiot who doesn't know shit.

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 12:48 PM
The advantage definitely lies with the Spurs at this point, that's certain.

That said, Utah isn't out of it, and I have some confidence in them. If they win game 4 my confidence will rise again.

If Utah wins the series and I come back on the forum and quote everyone who assured a Spurs victory, will I get banned?

SpursDynasty
05-27-2007, 12:48 PM
That's a nice attempt to spin the numbers and make it look like there is little hope for Utah.

Here's the only mathmatical fact that remains to be seen:

-If Utah wins their next home game (chances are probable that they will), this series is knotted up at 2-2 and all of a sudden this becomes a 3 game series, with Utah having a ton of momentum.

As for Mr. Spursdynasty: Your blind homerism takes away any credibility you have. Hell, even fellow Spurs fans in here think your an idiot. I'm not comparing Houston to SA. SA is obviously much better. I was merely saying Utah has the confidence to come back from an 0-2 hole. I'm sorry, but it's apparent that the Utah Jazz don't fear the Spurs as much as you think they should. You don't want to give Utah credit for a 26 point victory? That's fine, we don't need validation from Spurs fans.

All I ask is that after this series goes longer than 5 games, you come in here and admit that you are an idiot who doesn't know shit.

The fact is that the Spurs are a good enough road team that they WILL win one in Utah. Whether its Game 4 or Game 6 (If Utah gets lucky enough to push it that far). Utah will have to win both remaining games in SA to win the series. Not happening. No spin on numbers. I never said Utah should fear SA. There's a difference between fearing a team and not being as good as the other team. Utah just isn't as good.

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Utah will hold homecourt. Book it.

YODA
05-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Did anyone else notice alot of TD's TO's were when he was going up for shots and he was hacked? they wernt major hacks, but all were on his arms, hands. I know he expected fouls, but he wasnt getting them. I dont think he actually had but 1 or 2 actualt TO's. the refs were giving utah the benifit of the doubt.
IT also looked like the Spurs expected Utah to just role over and die. That was sad to see, I expect much more from them cmoe monday.

Yoda

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Utah stripped Duncan cleanly in the paint several times. They weren't all "hacks" and they weren't all "clean." Objectivity.

clubalien
05-27-2007, 03:33 PM
well its been a boring series
It is one thing for the media to call the spurs boring, but a spur fan!

belac2007
05-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Spurs in 6, that's all I know!
Good win for the Jazz and there fans, the point is that the better team will
prevail, in this case the Spurs.

Strike
05-27-2007, 04:38 PM
It's lame to try and take anything from the Jazz. They blew out the Spurs. They deserve credit for that.

That said, they did exactly what they were supposed to do: Beat the Spurs on their home floor.

Expect the Spurs to come out firing on all cylinders.

For the moment, it's a series again!

GrandeDavid
05-27-2007, 05:03 PM

I'm willing to bet Jerry Sloan isn't just happy to be there. Utah has a roster full of professionals as well. I'm sure the Utah players want to win and believe they can win this series. In fact, I'm sure of it.

I hope the Spurs win this series is all I can say. If I had to bet, I would guess Spurs in six.

J.T.
05-27-2007, 05:34 PM
The Utah Jazz are a fluke team, with fluke players, and last night was a fluke game topped off with a fluke win by Utah. Nothing important to see here folks, please move on to the next exhibit.

Dingle Barry
05-27-2007, 06:07 PM
A Cavs fan calling the Spurs boring. Rich.

timvp
05-27-2007, 06:09 PM
The Jazz beat the Spurs down. End of story. Congratulations to Jazz nation.

Now it's time for the Spurs to go get Game 4.

cherylsteele
05-27-2007, 11:09 PM
A Cavs fan on a Spurs board while they are playing the Pistons. The Spurs have never played them in the playoffs (never will, Cavs won't make the finals...again...it'll be Spurs/Pistons)and yet they come here as if we are a rival.

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 12:24 AM
The Utah Jazz are a fluke team, with fluke players, and last night was a fluke game topped off with a fluke win by Utah. Nothing important to see here folks, please move on to the next exhibit.

Man, you are going to be eating so much crow by the time this series is over.

I'm not saying the Jazz will certianly win, but to call them a fluke team, etc. is about as ignorant as it gets.

To clarify: I'm not some asshole Jazz troll, I will gladly back up my statements with substance. I'd like to see you do the same J.T. If this is a fluke win by a fluke team, Utah should not win another game in the series, and should not be a playoff team next year. I hope your ready to stand by what you've just said, even when you are looking like a complete and total jack-ass.

You can book it now: You will be wrong on both accounts. Quit being some blind ass, pussy homer and start giving credit where credit is due.

L.I.T
05-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Man, you are going to be eating so much crow by the time this series is over.

I'm not saying the Jazz will certianly win, but to call them a fluke team, etc. is about as ignorant as it gets.

To clarify: I'm not some asshole Jazz troll, I will gladly back up my statements with substance. I'd like to see you do the same J.T. If this is a fluke win by a fluke team, Utah should not win another game in the series, and should not be a playoff team next year. I hope your ready to stand by what you've just said, even when you are looking like a complete and total jack-ass.

You can book it now: You will be wrong on both accounts. Quit being some blind ass, pussy homer and start giving credit where credit is due.

Uh, I'm almost positive that was sarcasm directed at the thread starter. You may not be a troll, but the asshole part seems apt.

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Uh, I'm almost positive that was sarcasm directed at the thread starter. You may not be a troll, but the asshole part seems apt.

Well, for the record I don't think it was sarcasm, but I could be wrong.

As far as you thinking I'm an asshole, good for you.

L.I.T
05-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Well, for the record I don't think it was sarcasm, but I could be wrong.

As far as you thinking I'm an asshole, good for you.

I like to point out the obvious, keeps me entertained.

Just to help out, SpursDynasty is one of the oddest posters on ST. If searching is enabled, check out a lot of his posts...you'll notice words like "fluke" popping up a lot. I'm not saying that's what J.T. was going for...but it's more than likely.

Just for the record, it might make your short stay more enjoyable if you ignore SpursDynasty. Just a friendly tip...asshole. :smokin

zrinkill
05-30-2007, 10:21 PM

Chump!

Who is the Bitch now boy?