2 - turnovers
3 - the refs
4 - very poor D on 2nd half

TampaDude
05-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Uh...because they SUCKED tonight???

Jimcs50
05-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Utah has kicked the Spurs' asses every 2nd half. This is quite disconcerting....hope the Spurs stop this trend, or they will be joining Dallas in the huge under achieving chokers club.

ducks
05-26-2007, 10:23 PM
manu shooting like barry on the road and not stepping up when duncan was off
finely back acting up

spursfaninla
05-26-2007, 10:24 PM
reasons we lost:

1) Their stars played better: boozer and dwill had great games, be fair. They killed us.
2) fouls: td and bowen played limited minutes because of fouls
3) aggression: they shot 52% to our 43%, had more free throws and more fg attempts.
4) td had 8 turnovers

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Typical game 3 road game performance after going up 2-0 by the Spurs.

dav4463
05-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Spurs were flat. You can't win them all.

Warlord23
05-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Elson, Vaughn and Barry getting a combined 42 minutes is never a good sign

Jimcs50
05-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Vaughn's play is making me miss Nick VanExel.....

:p:

Budkin
05-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Shitty fucking game. It happens but it's over now.

duncan228
05-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Spurs played lousy.
Jazz played good.

We forgot to write "Go Spurs Go" on our family white board.

None of this will happen again!

HJNTX
05-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Shitty fucking game. It happens but it's over now.

I kept hearing "sweep, it will be a sweep," from my famly, co-workers, and friends and all the while I was telling them to mark my word, the Jazz will get a game at home...Tonight was their game...I absolutely am not surprised they lost ...If nothing else, coming down off of the high from the previous win ...Sometimes we forget ---- they are human ....

HJNTX
05-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Spurs played lousy.
Jazz played good.

We forgot to write "Go Spurs Go" on our family white board.

None of this will happen again!

Yep, and when I don't watch every play of a game they lose .. You can bet I won't miss anymore ... Second quarter had to drive my daughter and her friends to the movie and missed watching some of the game ..

florige
Vaughn's play is making me miss Nick VanExel.....

:p:

:toast

JAZZinSIX
Jazz have been incredibly resilient and have LEARNED in every series this playoffs. We hung with Houston, we beat GS at their own game, and most importantly--WE NEVER QUIT.

Doesn't mean you won't win. But Spurs fans better be afraid...very afraid.

duncan228
05-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Yep, and when I don't watch every play of a game they lose .. You can bet I won't miss anymore ... Second quarter had to drive my daughter and her friends to the movie and missed watching some of the game ..

All right, everyone gets it together for game 4. All superstitions are to be followed.

Kori- what bra were you wearing? :lol

HJNTX
05-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Jazz have been incredibly resilient and have LEARNED in every series this playoffs. We hung with Houston, we beat GS at their own game, and most importantly--WE NEVER QUIT.

I'm not surprised they won tonight but, the SPURS will win the series..No way they can win 4 games ...

HJNTX
05-26-2007, 11:02 PM
All right, everyone gets it together for game 4. All superstitions are to be followed.

Kori- what bra were you wearing? :lol

:downspin: :lmao

MemphisSpursFan
05-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Not to start a 'flame war' here, but I think the Spurs were 'supposed' to lose this game. Financially speaking (and the NBA IS a business), it makes sense for the Spurs to lose game three. By doing so, it ensures that Utah will have a second sell out (or near sell out) for this series. If the Spurs won this game, many Utah fans might feel the series is over and not 'bother' attending game four.

Losing game three leaves the door open for the Spurs to win game four and take the series home to San Antonio for a (near) sell-out. This Spurs loss is a win-win for SA/Utah, two financially viable games in Utah and three games in SA.

In this loss, many of the Spurs players are smiling...

CubanMustGo
05-26-2007, 11:25 PM

I think not.

mikeanthony21
05-26-2007, 11:49 PM

Of what?

ALVAREZ6
05-26-2007, 11:55 PM
WTF???

Where was no limit army commander tonight?

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Not to start a 'flame war' here, but I think the Spurs were 'supposed' to lose this game. Financially speaking (and the NBA IS a business), it makes sense for the Spurs to lose game three. By doing so, it ensures that Utah will have a second sell out (or near sell out) for this series. If the Spurs won this game, many Utah fans might feel the series is over and not 'bother' attending game four.

Losing game three leaves the door open for the Spurs to win game four and take the series home to San Antonio for a (near) sell-out. This Spurs loss is a win-win for SA/Utah, two financially viable games in Utah and three games in SA.

This is just idiotic, no offense. The Spurs will purposefully throw a game so the NBA can make more money? If it was about money the Spurs and Jazz would have been sent packing, and bigger market teams would be playing the WCF. This is one of the lamest theories I've ever read.

MemphisSpursFan
05-28-2007, 10:58 PM
It isn't about the NBA... however, it is about the Spurs. Even though basketball is entertainment, ultimately, it is a business and each team is a franchise within the NBA. Each franchise has a fiduciary responsibility to make the shareholders money... period! The best way to increase profits is to maximize home game exposure (= ticket sales + concessions + television $$$) while minimizing risk to key players (Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili). The best way to do this is to ensure a 5-game series by providing the opposing team s 'complemenary' win. It is convenient that DW suddenly got sick (to provide plausible deniability) for game four.

This is not a conspiracy, it is a matter of a team controlling events to maximize profits (which any business is all about.)

No offense taken or intended. I am not putting down the Jazz. I'm just saying business is business. I don't see Stern as the 'Big Brother' of basketball. However, I do see every franchise aiming to maximize their profits. (lookup Riley's comments after the Heat got swept.) In a business environment, it is not uncommon to have executives (coaches) bonuses tied to performance metrics such as revenue generated, games won, etc.

This is not a theory, it is just my observation and it is based on sound business practices. I'm not an idiot, I have a registered IQ of 154.

btw - the Jazz lost tonight...