PDA

View Full Version : No worries...been there before

Jimcs50
05-26-2007, 10:17 PM
If you remember in 2005 NBA Finals, SA won games 1 and 2, looked fantastic, and nobody was giving Detroit a shot to get back into the series(sound familiar?) Detroit then blew SA out in game 3, then blew them out again in game 4. SA came back to win a close game in game 5, and then won the series in 7.

It seems SA makes a habit of reading their press clippings and get ahead of themselves, and lose their focus sometimes. I think this game will wake them up, and they will come out with renewed passion in game 4 on Monday.

TampaDude
05-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm still calling for the split in SLC...and the Spurs to close it out at home in Game 5.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-26-2007, 10:19 PM
They need to recapture the "Eye of the Tiger".

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Yup, no worries.

We'll come out fighting in game 4.

Borosai
05-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Complacency leads to pink socks. The Spurs got reamed. I hope it hurts. I hope they apply ointment. I hope they come out with fire in game 4.

Jimcs50
05-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Complacency leads to pink socks. The Spurs got reamed. I hope it hurts. I hope they apply ointment. I hope they come out with fire in game 4.

I guarantee that Tim will come out on fire and when he is playing great, the whole team seems to pick it up.

Jimcs50
05-26-2007, 10:35 PM
At least TD will be well rested, since he played only about half a game tonight.

Russ
05-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Too much rest. Too many press clippings.

Williams and Boozer were partying on the bench for all to see -- let's see how they respond.

The quick turnaround should help.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2007, 10:36 PM
All day long i thought the Jazz were going to win but i never saw a blowout coming. Maybe i thought the Spurs had matured past the point of going up 2-0 and getting whipped in the next game.

duncan228
05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I guarantee that Tim will come out on fire and when he is playing great, the whole team seems to pick it up.

I'm with you. It's Duncan's team and when he rises they rise with him.
He's pissed, it will work in our favor in game 4.
Spurs in 5.

Jimcs50
05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
All day long i thought the Jazz were going to win but i never saw a blowout coming. Maybe i thought the Spurs had matured past the point of going up 2-0 and getting whipped in the next game.

Spurs have to play a 2nd half. They have been killed in 2nd half every game. Williams seems to get better and better as the game goes along. Maybe it is time for Horry to take out another player. :)

Budkin
05-26-2007, 10:44 PM
I just don't get why they do this same thing year after year. They know it's going to happen and they just let it. Getting blown out though will fire up the Spurs and force them to clamp down.

Budkin
05-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Only thing that really sucks is that Okur and AK47 played terrible and they still win by 26. What happens when they break out?

Fast Dunk
05-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Jazz will win this series...

Kill yourselves bitches!

dbreiden83080
05-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Spurs have to play a 2nd half. They have been killed in 2nd half every game. Williams seems to get better and better as the game goes along. Maybe it is time for Horry to take out another player. :)

No they played a good 2nd half in game 2, game 1 was the real problem in that area. We just need to come out hard in game 4 and hope some of the calls go our way.

mikeanthony21
05-26-2007, 10:51 PM

Kill yourselves bitches!

Hey, does you mommy know that you've slipped out of your pj's and are flashing the neighbors again? :ihit

duncan228
05-26-2007, 10:52 PM

Kill yourselves bitches!

Nice.

JAZZinSIX
05-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Get used to the idea you're going to be 2-2 going back to SA. Doesn't mean you wont' win. But once we get you 2-2, we'll see how your experience holds up.

Jazz got DWill. Guy doesn't know anything about being intimidated.

Budkin
05-26-2007, 10:54 PM

Kill yourselves bitches!

We lose and a new troll registers? No fucking way! :lmao

duncan228
05-26-2007, 10:58 PM
If you remember in 2005 NBA Finals, SA won games 1 and 2, looked fantastic, and nobody was giving Detroit a shot to get back into the series(sound familiar?) Detroit then blew SA out in game 3, then blew them out again in game 4. SA came back to win a close game in game 5, and then won the series in 7.

It seems SA makes a habit of reading their press clippings and get ahead of themselves, and lose their focus sometimes. I think this game will wake them up, and they will come out with renewed passion in game 4 on Monday.

One difference tonight was Duncan's body language. When they lost game 3 in Detroit he was on the bench slumped shouldered and dazed. Not tonight. He was smiling and square shouldered the whole night, even on the bench.

I watch Duncan closely. His body language says a lot about his state of mind.
We're going to be fine on Monday. The series is ours.

JamStone
05-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Why compare tonight to the 2005 Finals unless you expect this series to go the full seven games?

boutons_
05-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Jazz have been a good second half team all season, often well down at that half,and win it anyway.

efrem1
05-26-2007, 11:27 PM

Kill yourselves bitches!

Fast Dunk has his own movie out. :lol

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/troll/index.html

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Yup, Spurs have been here before, getting their asses handed to em by a shit fuck Utah Jazz team.

Beno Udrih
05-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Why compare tonight to the 2005 Finals unless you expect this series to go the full seven games?
Um, experience.

td4mvp21
05-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm worried. The Spurs play like shit in the second half and it finally caught up to them tonight. They didn't have their little second quarter boost to give them a cushion. Until they characteristically show up in the second half, I'm going to be worried. I think we are better than Utah but they can very well win this series.

mikeanthony21
05-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Get used to the idea you're going to be 2-2 going back to SA. Doesn't mean you wont' win. But once we get you 2-2, we'll see how your experience holds up.

"Once you get us 2-2?" A little premature, don't you think? The Jazz caught the Spurs on an off night. I doubt that'll be the case again Monday night.

Jimcs50
05-27-2007, 01:24 AM
"Once you get us 2-2?" A little premature, don't you think? The Jazz caught the Spurs on an off night. I doubt that'll be the case again Monday night.

Me too. I seriously doubt that SA will offer up this same kind of effort. TP was the only one who played as well as the first 2 games, and that will not get it done.

x_roux_x
05-27-2007, 03:16 AM

Too bad about the rest of ur team...and lets face it...D williams is not a consistant 20 or 30 point scorer....I am not even worried in the least even if the jazz take game 4....its spurs in 6 like I always said...

Strike
05-27-2007, 03:20 AM

Kill yourselves bitches!

:lol

And Cleveland will continue to lost to Detroit.

milkyway21
05-27-2007, 03:42 AM
One difference tonight was Duncan's body language. When they lost game 3 in Detroit he was on the bench slumped shouldered and dazed. Not tonight. He was smiling and square shouldered the whole night, even on the bench.

I watch Duncan closely. His body language says a lot about his state of mind.
We're going to be fine on Monday. The series is ours.
yeah Duncan was actually SMILING. I watch his reaction in the 4thQ and after the game...I'm not worried. If we are playing against Detroit or the 2002/03 Lakers I will be.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/05/27/jazz.game3/T1_0526_timmy.jpg
NO WORRIES...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/05/27/jazz.game3/index.html

TampaDude
05-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Duncan is smiling because he knows it's gonna be Spurs in 5...they gotta drop one so they can close it out in front of their home crowd. :toast

duncan228
05-27-2007, 10:13 AM
yeah Duncan was actually SMILING. I watch his reaction in the 4thQ and after the game...I'm not worried. If we are playing against Detroit or the 2002/03 Lakers I will be.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/05/27/jazz.game3/T1_0526_timmy.jpg
NO WORRIES...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/05/27/jazz.game3/index.html

Nice article. I like the last lines:

"The Jazz essentially knocked Duncan flat on his back in this game, but the league's finest across-the-board star is going to be back on his feet Monday with a clear head and something to prove. Momentum is irrelevant."

Duncan is the league's finest. He will come out on fire Monday.
I'm looking forward to watching him.

clubalien
05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
detriot was a better team than jazz.

Lakers scary me. This utah team there is no mental ownage. We win this series.

Leetonidas
05-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I think Duncan's foul trouble really set the Spurs off course. As long as he stays out of foul trouble in the next game, we'll be fine.

florige
05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
detriot was a better team than jazz.

Lakers scary me. This utah team there is no mental ownage. We win this series.

Exactly, you stop Williams from doing whatever and we win this series. It seems like the Spurs are starting to get all caught up on the hype of this punk.

Budkin
05-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Even if we can't win in Utah, the Jazz can't win in SA. So they are the ones who need to worry.

Jimcs50
05-28-2007, 02:13 PM
More hope:

Since Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili became a trio in 2002-03, the Spurs have lost nine other playoff games by at least 12 points. They are 5-4 in the following game, including a bounceback win last round against Phoenix.

More importantly, the lopsided losses have come in eight different series -- and San Antonio has recovered to win six of them.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=270528026

florige
05-28-2007, 02:22 PM

F D-Will. I really hope Bowen shuts this punk down tonight! :ihit

BreezeHillBill
05-28-2007, 04:28 PM

Kill yourselves bitches!
You again? Go away and be quiet.

Jimcs50
05-29-2007, 08:30 AM

:smokin

See? No worries.....same old Spurs. Once again, they prove that they are human and when everyone tells them that they are so great, and the 4th championship is theirs for the taking, they start to believe it. The Spurs think all they have to do is show up, make an appearance and the opponent will just lay down....then they get a wake up call, and get smacked in the mouth. Oh snap, they then realize that they actually have to play 48 mins of good Spurs' bball in order to get that championship. duh!

:)

It never fails