PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Jazz

Kori Ellis
05-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Nice win.

The Spurs sucked. :drunk

Pop was a big part of it.

How long was he going to run the Tony/JVaughn backcourt? The Spurs were only down single digits when he decided that was the way to go.

Did Vaughn break a record for getting crossed over so many times?

One thing though -- Why did Sloan leave his starters out there for so long when the Spurs had already waved the white flag with Beno and Bonner in the game?

florige
05-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Why wasn't Findog playing too much??

td4mvp21
05-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Pop's lineups sucked. No Horry, no Finley (but people are saying he had a tight back?? :pctoss). Our defense was horrible in the second half, our offense was horrible in the second half, and we quit rebounding. The refs were horrible but that wasn't the reason we lost. I'm kinda pissed though because it's not like we were being pussies and not driving to the hole. We just didn't get the calls. Hope we can win the next one in Utah.

florige
05-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Pop's lineups sucked. No Horry, no Finley (but people are saying he had a tight back?? :pctoss). Our defense was horrible in the second half, our offense was horrible in the second half, and we quit rebounding. The refs were horrible but that wasn't the reason we lost. I'm kinda pissed though because it's not like we were being pussies and not driving to the hole. We just didn't get the calls. Hope we can win the next one in Utah.

You have to admit that Utah did a better job tonight of cutting off the lane. Parker had to settle for alot more jumpshots tonight than in games 1 and 2.

duncan228
05-26-2007, 11:05 PM
One thing though -- Why did Sloan leave his starters out there for so long when the Spurs had already waved the white flag with Beno and Bonner in the game?

The $20,000 question.
It couldn't be to have them "play hard to the end" like he did in game one.
It is always an injury risk to have guys out there. I can't imagine what he was thinking.
Was it for the crowd? Let them cheer their guys longer?

missmyzte
Good game for Utah. I will post game report and pictures but not tonight, I'll wait until I get home tomorrow night. Great start to the day and seeing the Spurs lose that badly hurt. At least the fans that were next to me were nice and respected me supporting the Spurs.

T Park
Spurs better figure out how to defend the pick and roll.

They haven't yet.

The Spurs better bring it monday or this series is in serious serious trouble.

td4mvp21
05-26-2007, 11:06 PM
You have to admit that Utah did a better job tonight of cutting off the lane. Parker had to settle for alot more jumpshots tonight than in games 1 and 2.

Yes they did, but the Spurs got hacked several times and no call. Oh well, that's still not why they lost.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Nice win.

How long was he going to run the Tony/JVaughn backcourt? The Spurs were only down single digits when he decided that was the way to go.

:wow Look out, you're going to have Tpark questioning your coaching credentials.

In all seriousness though, earlier throughout the season some of us (myself included) had called out Pop for his curious fetish with small ball. Well, tonight it bit us in the ass.

If I ever see Parker and Vaughn in the backcourt again, Pop should be taken out back and shot.

T Park
BTW Pop

Im gonna think you were punishing Barry and Vaughn tonight leaving them out there to play more than Finley and Horry.

Thanks for putting in Beno, it let me let off a little steam at the GTG.

Budkin
05-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Nice win.

I'm glad he did that because it will fire our guys up on Monday.

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Look out, you're going to have Tpark questioning your coaching credentials.

Why dont you crawl into the road and die.

Kori Ellis
05-26-2007, 11:08 PM
The Spurs have frickin sucked for 3 second halves in a row. :drunk

Beno Udrih
Yes they did, but the Spurs got hacked several times and no call. Oh well, that's still not why they lost.
:lol I liked the in game slo mo's of it.

Aggie Hoopsfan

Pure class :tu

Fast Dunk
05-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Nice win.

That's called being competitive...Just like they did in Games 1 and 2 they are not quitters like the Spurs..

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
The Spurs have frickin sucked for 3 second halves in a row

Yup.

Their defense has blown ass completely.

Pop better fucking tighten up the reigns and quick.

Buddy Holly
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM

Wow... :cry :(

florige
05-26-2007, 11:11 PM

Really our offense too lost all rhythm once Duncan went out with those fouls. It was almost like we lost all our zeal once Utah kept countering us everytime we made a run. It was almost like we were waiting for them to lie down or something. I try not and worry about the non-calls. I lost all hope in worrying about the refs after that Dallas debacle last playoffs. They are going to call it how they are going to call it you know.

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Wow...

He can always dish it, but can never take it.

TampaDude
05-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Congrats to the Jazz...you played really well tonight...you totally outplayed the Spurs...enjoy the win...it's the only one you're going to get.

Spurs in 5. BOOK IT!!!

Buddy Holly
05-26-2007, 11:15 PM

:rolleyes

wolf754life
05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Bob Delaney

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Mama's basement getting leaky again? Better get out the pots and pans.

Oh, and fuck the jazz.

Congrats for nothing.

Tonight was 1994 and 1996 all the fuck over again.

Christ.

timvp
05-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Props to the Jazz and their fans. They obviously wanted this game. The Jazz fans were as loud as ever and it looked like they came ready.

The Spurs have a lot of work to do. Part of the problem is the Spurs and their fans were ready to bust out the brooms. And like always in the playoff run, whenever the Spurs and Spurs fans are overconfident, the Spurs lose.

Time to put on hold the Finals preparation and start concentrating on this opponent. The Spurs unconscious shooting in the first two games won't be seen again. Take out the Spurs on fire touch and it'd be safe to say the Jazz have played the better series.

Time to buckle up and get this thing done.

Buddy Holly
05-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Props to the Jazz and their fans. They obviously wanted this game. The Jazz fans were as loud as ever and it looked like they came ready.

The Spurs have a lot of work to do. Part of the problem is the Spurs and their fans were ready to bust out the brooms. And like always in the playoff run, whenever the Spurs and Spurs fans are overconfident, the Spurs lose.

Time to put on hold the Finals preparation and start concentrating on this opponent. The Spurs unconscious shooting in the first two games won't be seen again. Take out the Spurs on fire touch and it'd be safe to say the Jazz have played the better series.

Not to mention Okur and the monster game he had. Sorry, had to.

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Take out the Spurs on fire touch and it'd be safe to say the Jazz have played the better series

Yup.

The Spurs should thank their lucky stars the Jazz forgot to show up in 2 straight second quarters, or else it owuld be the Spurs staring a sweep in the face.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Yeah, I mean I wish you horrible deaths every fucking day. Ass.

Fast Dunk
05-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Keep hoping...

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:20 PM

Want a kleenex?

You dish your fair share, and when its thrown back you crawl into the old ball.

Kori Ellis
05-26-2007, 11:21 PM
The Spurs fans fighting among themselves are acting like cunts.

Do yourselves a favor and log off. You'll feel better in the morning.

timvp
05-26-2007, 11:22 PM

So the Spurs concentrating on stopping the player that has killed them before in Utah was a bad thing?

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Do yourselves a favor and log off. You'll feel better in the morning.

Getting blown out by the jazz lasts a little longer.

Buddy Holly
05-26-2007, 11:23 PM
So the Spurs concentrating on stopping the player that has killed them before in Utah was a bad thing?

Okur didn't need anyone to stop him, dude was missing wide open shots. He's been complete garbage this series.

T Park

stick to planting flowers in parks....

timvp
Okur didn't need anyone to stop him, dude was missing wide open shots. He's been complete garbage this series.

Glad you posted this before the game. Good insight :tu

Buddy Holly
05-26-2007, 11:24 PM
stick to planting flowers in parks....

I do that? :wtf

Buddy Holly
05-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Glad you posted this before the game. Good insight :tu

Would I have been off on saying he was garbage in games 1 and 2? I don't think there was any need for me to post that.

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:25 PM
You must with such riveting basketball insight as that :lol

Buddy Holly
05-26-2007, 11:26 PM
You must with such riveting basketball insight as that :lol

Really, and what have you brought here tonight besides a ginormous appetite and wishes of death?

SpursFanFirst
05-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Congrats to the Jazz and their fans...that team played a good game tonight!

Hopefully, the Spurs will watch the game and come back stronger next time!
'Til Monday :toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Want a kleenex?

You dish your fair share, and when its thrown back you crawl into the old ball.

I call you out and make fun of you for having the basketball knowledge of a garden flower. That's a fire cry from wishing death on someone (which is now the second or third time you've responded like that - pretty fucking pathetic).

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:28 PM
I call you out and make fun of you for having the basketball knowledge of a garden flower. That's a fire cry from wishing death on someone (which is now the second or third time you've responded like that - pretty fucking pathetic

Cool, when you decide to grow up, I guess I'll stop.

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:29 PM
eally, and what have you brought here tonight besides a ginormous appetite and wishes of death?

I stated my opinions on the game.

Better than the Okur statement you blurted out Dexter :lol

Kori Ellis
05-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Are you guys all on the rag or what? Where's that Tampon troll when you need him.

You are whiny, nagging little bitches.

TheSanityAnnex
05-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Really, and what have you brought here tonight besides a ginormous appetite and wishes of death?
:lol , ginormous.

Buddy Holly
05-26-2007, 11:33 PM
I stated my opinions on the game.

Better than the Okur statement you blurted out Dexter :lol

Really, what about the Okur statement was so damning besides your ill attempt at being LJ's lacky?

TheSanityAnnex
05-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Are you guys all on the rag or what? Where's that Tampon troll when you need him.

You are whiny, nagging little bitches.:lol

Kori Ellis
05-26-2007, 11:34 PM
:lol

I'm intoxicated. Whatever I say is golden for the night.

Thank the waiter at Hooligans for giving me free beers for some reason.

ShoogarBear
05-26-2007, 11:36 PM
timvp needs to take advantage.

florige
05-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Probably too busy with the report cards.

timvp
05-26-2007, 11:37 PM
timvp needs to take advantage.

I'm wearing my Brent Barry jersey so don't expect much . . .

ShoogarBear
05-26-2007, 11:38 PM
:lmao

TheSanityAnnex
05-26-2007, 11:40 PM
:lol

timvp
05-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Update: timvp goes for the long distance connection ... and air balls by four feet.

:depressed

E20
05-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Meh.
Jazz played okay, Spurs could have won this, but failed with some petty mistakes and stubborn moves, somethings were just uncontrollable tonight.

My thoughts:
-I'm not even the slightest bit of worried, we were virtually in the game with Duncan in foul trouble.

-Pop has to give a message to Vaugh. No shot attempts except point blank layups.

-I can't say anything about the Spurs defense, because the anchor, Tim Duncan, was in foul trouble in the 1st half and onward. As well as Bowen.

-Too many hurried shots and bad plays on offense. At times Spurs played like the Golden State Warriors, that is a No No.

-Too many amateruish mistakes, ticky-tack fouls, carelessness, bad shot attempts, etc.

-With all that the Spurs were still in the game. Spurs better watch as much game film as possible.

Also, the Refs sucked hard long d*** today, a baby with a whistle could have officiated better and I'm not talking about FT's.

florige
05-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Meh.
Jazz played okay, Spurs could have won this, but failed with some petty mistakes and stubborn moves, somethings were just uncontrollable tonight.

My thoughts:
-I'm not even the slightest bit of worried, we were virtually in the game with Duncan in foul trouble.

-Pop has to give a message to Vaugh. No shot attempts except point blank layups.

-I can't say anything about the Spurs defense, because the anchor, Tim Duncan, was in foul trouble in the 1st half and onward. As well as Bowen.

-Too many hurried shots and bad plays on offense. At times Spurs played like the Golden State Warriors, that is a No No.

-Too many amateruish mistakes, ticky-tack fouls, carelessness, bad shot attempts, etc.

-With all that the Spurs were still in the game. Spurs better watch as much game film as possible.

Also, the Refs sucked hard long d*** today, a baby with a whistle could have officiated better and I'm not talking about the huge FT disparity.

I think that Vaughn was still on cloud 9 from those two wide open lucky shots he drained against Phx in game 6.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Blaming the refs is lame i said, Spurs lost this because Duncan could not adjust to the way the game was called and Jacque Vaughn saw extended minutes and Barry missed shots that were too open and Finley played most of the game on the bench.

i said.

whottt
05-27-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm wearing my Brent Barry jersey so don't expect much . . .

Not funny at all...

Go ahead...kick Barry when he's down.

Marcus Bryant
05-27-2007, 12:17 AM

Utah needed that lone win.

timvp
05-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Not funny at all...

Go ahead...kick Barry when he's down.

Barry would have laughed. You take Barry more serious than Barry takes himself :dizzy

UV Ray
05-27-2007, 12:24 AM
He can always dish it, but can never take it

Why don't you two get a room and make up.

aaronstampler
05-27-2007, 12:25 AM
OMG, you guys need to get a grip. It's just one loss and anyone who didn't think this game had "L" written all over it before it even started it clearly doesn't understand the Spurs.

We don't sweep people. We just don't. Every series is 4-1 or 4-2. Why does this surprise anyone?

Personally, I think the way this loss went down is great for us. Usually we lose the Game 3s close and then come back and get our asses royally beat down in Game 4s. Maybe Pop wanted to try something new this time, get the beat down out of the way in Game 3 so the team can reach their nadir quickly and move on.

I expect a much closer game, possibly even a win, in Game 4.