PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams

JAZZinSIX
05-26-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm not rubbing it in or starting the CPaul/DWill argument. But tell me right now the guy isn't the best PG in the league. Yeah, the league. Honestly, what can't he do? TParker is quicker, he runs your offense to perfection, and I don't doubt that his experience will come back to haunt us. But DWill is going to be recognized as the best at his position by the end of next year.

He can score AND he's incredibly unselfish. He aint no Iverson.

Extra Stout
05-26-2007, 11:08 PM
There are PG's in Phoenix, New Orleans, and New Jersey who are better.

Medvedenko
05-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I like DW...but the playoffs definitely highlight a player or a team....

HJNTX
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm not rubbing it in or starting the CPaul/DWill argument. But tell me right now the guy isn't the best PG in the league. Yeah, the league. Honestly, what can't he do? TParker is quicker, he runs your offense to perfection, and I don't doubt that his experience will come back to haunt us. But DWill is going to be recognized as the best at his position by the end of next year.

He is one of the best in the league..Not as good as Tony, but definately one of the best ....

SpursWillOwn
05-26-2007, 11:23 PM
look at his game, other than tony's experience and speed dw does his stuff better than tp.. he's big he can shoot 3 he can defend most importantly he draws alot of calls

gtownspur
05-26-2007, 11:25 PM
look at his game, other than tony's experience and speed dw does his stuff better than tp.. he's big he can shoot 3 he can defend most importantly he draws alot of calls

WHat game were you watching? Tim Duncan was not in the game when Dwank tore it up..

SpursWillOwn
05-26-2007, 11:28 PM
well i did watch the game 2nd half he just went off even with td in the paint.. gotta admit he's good

bobbyjoe
05-26-2007, 11:30 PM
D Will is already the league's 2nd best PG behind Steve Nash.

Tony matches D Will as a scorer but D Will is just a pure PG and Tony is a score first PG.

bobbyjoe
05-26-2007, 11:30 PM
well i did watch the game 2nd half he just went off even with td in the paint.. gotta admit he's good

Not to mention DWill is now averaging 30/10 this series. Not one game, but three games.

Johnny RIngo
05-26-2007, 11:31 PM
There's a tendency to overrate players after playoffs games. Everytime Horry hits a game winning shot there's always going to be someone that starts a "Horry for the HOF" type of topic. DWill's good but I'm certainly not going to call him the best PG in the league after one game. Didn't Warrior fans do the same thing with BDavis when they eliminated Dallas a few weeks ago?

LaMarcus Bryant
05-26-2007, 11:33 PM
He's a bad ass point guard from texas on a team that's in the Western Conference Finals.

SpursWillOwn
05-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Not to the extent of inducing him to hof just admiring his game :angel but who'd you rather have D-will or tp?

JamStone
05-27-2007, 12:25 AM

win a championship this year?

Marcus Bryant
05-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Walk past a tattoo parlor?

Leetonidas
05-27-2007, 12:30 AM
He reminds me of Chanuncey Billups. Strong, good court vision, knows how to get his team involved, and can score at will. Guy is gonna be a star soon.

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Even the Utah-hating espn media admit Dwill is the 2nd best PG in the league.

(hint: parker isn't the best.)

Marcus Bryant
05-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Hint: Williams isn't in the top two.

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 01:59 AM
That's odd, because even his simple stats on the year and playoffs demonstrate he LITERALLY is. Not to mention this is his second year. Oops.

Marcus Bryant
05-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Ah yes, scoring average is the best determinant for excellence at the point guard position.

Next troll, please.

slayermin
05-27-2007, 03:41 AM
I know Peter Vecsey agrees with you. He was calling him a young Oscar Robertson today.

But for some reason, Peter has it in his head that Deron is 6'5.

ducks
05-27-2007, 09:39 AM
That's odd, because even his simple stats on the year and playoffs demonstrate he LITERALLY is. Not to mention this is his second year. Oops.
why bring up the second year if you think he is the best now?

ducks
05-27-2007, 09:41 AM
parker does not have to score as much as dw because spurs have the better team

ballhog
05-27-2007, 09:50 AM
He's good but I'd rather not crown him just yet. He still has up and down games like he did with GSW. Still think Nash and Iverson are much better. Also think that Bowen really struggled in game 3.

Girasuck
05-27-2007, 09:56 AM
He's good but I'd rather not crown him just yet. He still has up and down games like he did with GSW. Still think Nash and Iverson are much better. Also think that Bowen really struggled in game 3.

Nash yes. Iverson...not a chance.

Right now Nash is still #1 but DWill is either #2 or #3. If DWill is #2 then Parker is #3. If Parker is #2 then DWill is #3. Just depends on your own opinion. I'd put AI around 6th. I mean would you rather have AI then Parker?

Brutalis
05-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Deron over Tony suddenly cause of these playoffs have proven the fact that people are retarded.

Girasuck
05-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Deron over Tony suddenly cause of these playoffs have proven the fact that people are retarded.

I think it's a valid arguement that some would take Deron over TP. It's not just the playoffs though that have some thinking Deron is better. He was second in the league in assists and when Deron didn't play, we stunk up the place. It just showed us how valuable he really is.

Personally I'd love to have either one of them. Tony Parker is probably my favorite non-Jazz player in the league. Either him or Arenas. I love Tony's game. Because I'm a Jazz fan I'd take DWill over him but believe me if I had to "settle" for Parker, I'd be just as happy.

98Ute1
05-27-2007, 10:11 AM

Steve Nash is better......but D-Will does have the potential to be one of the greats.

exstatic
05-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I don't know what game you were watching, but until Tim went in for his last stretch, he had played a grand total of 18 minutes...thru 3 quarters. He wound up playing 26 minutes, mostly saddled with fouls and playing to stay on the floor. Deron is a great player but if Vaughn were still in Utah, he'd be scoring in the paint with our other big men on the job.

VegasJazz
05-27-2007, 10:35 AM
He is one of the best in the league..Not as good as Tony, but definately one of the best ....

I was working the allstar game here in vegas. Tony came in with his DJ friend from france, and played a few pickup games with some fans. AT first I thought he would go easy, but the fool was sweating and kicked ass against theses girls. Then two average dudes FEDEX drivers wooped his ass. This one dude broke his ankles it was funny shit. So if he is the best in the leauge I need to find this guy and become his agent. Parker is a 5 10 french fry thats all :flipoff

Corn on the Colb
05-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Top Point guards in the league:

1. Steve Nash
2. Jason Kidd
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Deron Williams
5. Chris Paul
6. Baron Davis
7. Tony Parker maybe here?

The fact of the matter is, he's just a big baby back bitch.

michaelwcho
05-27-2007, 11:18 AM

1. Steve Nash
2. Jason Kidd
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Deron Williams
5. Chris Paul
6. Baron Davis

Let's let Deron, Paul, and Davis win something before we crown their asses.

Marcus Bryant
05-27-2007, 11:22 AM
So is Deron Williams in the Hall yet? Or will that be on page 3 of this thread?

spursfan09
05-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe Deron Williams is the better pg, but Tony Parker is not the best player on the Spurs to start out with. Tim Duncan is, and Tim Duncan will be the reason why the Spurs win thats all that matters. No matter how good Williams is, he will never be considered as great as Tim Duncan.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-27-2007, 11:32 AM
:lol @ Dwill > Ai argument.

Dwill hasnt done anything yet. Sure, Ai has no NBA trophy but he got his team to the finals. He has more personal accolades than Dwill has hair on his chin :smokin

Dwill has had a nice season, but 4get the top PG talk UNTIL he does it consistently.

lemming
05-27-2007, 11:33 AM
ai is at least twice the defender dwill is.

DwillBoozKir=dynasty
05-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree that it takes consistency over a long period to be considered above the likes of Nash. I do think DWill, in this series, is playing at a level that is higher tyhan any PG in the NBA.

LakerLanny
05-27-2007, 12:17 PM
ai is at least twice the defender dwill is.

Maybe the dumbest comment I have ever read on this board.

And that is saying something.

AI couldn't carry Deron Williams jock on either end of the floor, sorry.

leemajors
05-27-2007, 12:25 PM

deron williams is playing the matador for tony. he's been able to get in the paint at will. dwill did get away with slapping duncan's arm to get steals last night quite a bit - is that good defense?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-27-2007, 12:31 PM

you just took that title

:lol :lol :lol r u serious?

Only Kobe can hold Ai's jock when it comes to offense

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 12:31 PM
AI a better POINT GUARD? That honestly is laughable. He's a one-man wonder. Not a team point guard. I'd take Williams 10 times out of 10.

Girasuck
05-27-2007, 12:43 PM
AI is a team killer. The only way he's effective on offense is to iso himself and pound the ball into the floor for 15-20 seconds and then flail himself at a defender to get to the line. Either that or jack up off balanced shots after he dribbles the ball for 15 seconds. All the while you have 4 other "teammates" just standing around watching AI.

The guy is tough though. I'll give him that.

SAGambler
05-27-2007, 12:43 PM

You do realize a lot of things can happen between now and "the end of next year".

Just saying that because he is playing like an all star now, doesn't mean anything next year.

SAGambler
05-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree that it takes consistency over a long period to be considered above the likes of Nash. I do think DWill, in this series, is playing at a level that is higher tyhan any PG in the NBA.

Exactly...After he makes a few AS games, wins a couple of MVP trophys, and has some rings for his team, you can talk about him being the best in the world.

Girasuck
05-27-2007, 12:46 PM
You do realize a lot of things can happen between now and "the end of next year".

Just saying that because he is playing like an all star now, doesn't mean anything next year.

Again, he's been playing this way all year. Maybe not scoring as much but DWill has been a top 3 PG all year long. Nobody gets to see it though because Utah is a media hell.

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I can't blame the Spurs fans for not knowing Williams plays like this consistently. The national media has ignored Utah all year (other than their 12-1 start.)

ShoogarBear
05-27-2007, 12:56 PM
LMAO at people forgetting Chris Paul so easily.

T_MONEY_TX
05-27-2007, 12:56 PM
How many shots a game is D Will getting in the three games so far?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Keep this thread in the classics, coz it will be useful in a year or so when Dwill comes crashing back to earth.

You guys still think Jazz trolls aren't bad? How long did it take before Parker got called a great point guard? and yet the Jazz fans are calling Dwill one of the best in the league already :lol :drunk gimme a break.

DAINTX
05-27-2007, 01:22 PM
DWill's potential appears to be unlimited. He's a young Billups, but much better at this stage of his career. He's not the best PG yet, but could be. He's already one of the top scorers at the position, but his game is not complete...particularly his defense. He's getting there though. Let's see what he does the rest of the plyofs and next year before crowning him God at the Point.

resistanze
05-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Deron is nice as hell, but let's not get carried away so quickly.

J Kidd in the playoffs: 14.6 PPG, 10.9 RPG, 10.9 APG

I'd also put Nash and Billups ahead of Deron, and I'm not sold on him being ahead of Parker and CP4. Damn, Chris Paul was hampered by injuries and still average 17/9 with 1.8 steals.

florige
05-27-2007, 09:03 PM
I like DW...but the playoffs definitely highlight a player or a team....

Exactly. This guy is no better than Chris Paul. To say he is the best PG in the NBA is homerism at its finest.

HJNTX
05-27-2007, 09:06 PM

1. Steve Nash
2. Jason Kidd
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Deron Williams
5. Chris Paul
6. Baron Davis

You're ridiculous! :rolleyes You know Tony Parker is WAY at the top..He's better than Williams for sure .. Nash is a titty and cry baby ...You don't see that from TP and he's definately had his share of bumps and bruises since he joined the team ..

HJNTX
05-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Exactly. This guy is no better than Chris Paul. To say he is the best PG in the NBA is homerism at its finest.

Word

HJNTX
05-27-2007, 09:08 PM
He's a bad ass point guard from texas on a team that's in the Western Conference Finals.
:rolleyes

HJNTX
05-27-2007, 09:19 PM

GO HOGS!!

Cry Havoc
05-27-2007, 09:28 PM
:lol @ Dwill > Ai argument.

Dwill hasnt done anything yet. Sure, Ai has no NBA trophy but he got his team to the finals. He has more personal accolades than Dwill has hair on his chin :smokin

Dwill has had a nice season, but 4get the top PG talk UNTIL he does it consistently.

:lol

Yep. nothing like a tiny, undersized "SG" with emotional problems, a history of thuggery, and the ability to shoot over 40% occasionally.

As a player-teammate, I think Williams has already passed Iverson. As a point guard, the disparity between the two is nearly incomprehensible. Iverson isn't even an -average- PG. I wouldn't take him on the Spurs if Denver wanted a late 2nd rounder for him. I'd take Williams for anyone outside of the big 3 on the Spurs.

jazz4life
05-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Its Funny How Jelaousy Sets In After A Loss. I Know Guys I Was There To!!!(in Little League)

florige
05-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah jealously over a dumb comment. I guess you guys will say next that Boozer is the next Malone huh?

cherylsteele
05-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Its Funny How Arrogance Sets In After A Win.
fixed

makedamnsure
05-28-2007, 01:53 AM
best in the league? what about that steve nash guy? or maybe that jason kidd dude?

Man of Steel
05-28-2007, 03:18 AM
He's okay--good enough to carry Eva's Tampax bag.

Fast Dunk
05-28-2007, 03:21 AM
Did you notice eva's reaction when Tony flopped late in the game?

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 03:22 AM
Only women and homosexuals care about that stuff.

SpursIndonesia
05-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Deron's a stud, no doubt. But his rank among other PGs of the league, that's quite debatable IMHO, depending on your POV. Beetween him & Tony, both have their strengths & weaknesses. If i'm a GM looking for a starter PG, i'll take whoever available, and if both are available, i'll get one that's more affordable & suits best with my team need @that spot.

Marcus Bryant
05-28-2007, 08:02 AM
So will a silhouette of Williams replace that of Jerry West in the NBA logo?

GrandeDavid
05-28-2007, 08:39 AM

He's elevated his game, is a very nice young talent. Let's see how he does it over the course of a couple more years, and whether he can lead Utah to a championship. I don't doubt his skills and drive by any means. I'd just like to see how he maintains or improves. I also, and I say this sincerely, hope he stays in Utah. I want more talented guys in small markets. Hopefully he doesn't run toward the allure of LA, New York or someplace else.

GrandeDavid
05-28-2007, 08:42 AM

1. Steve Nash
2. Jason Kidd
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Deron Williams
5. Chris Paul
6. Baron Davis

Chris Paul hasn't done shit but choke in the first round while at Wake and has continued that trend into the NBA. No, its not all his fault and his team is below average, but there's more to the game than stats. Is this guy mentally tough?