PDA

View Full Version : What happened to classy coaching, Sloan?

mando6599
05-27-2007, 02:04 AM
I mean, Sloan's got his main two guys, Williams and Boozer, on the court with 3 minutes left and a 21 point lead? Right before Bonner laid Williams out, I called that play. I was thinking, "what the heck?", someone needs to send a little message that says we don't appreciate keeping your starters in and running up the score which was already out of reach. Pop took Duncan out with what, about 6 minutes to play? Then went Ginobili. Then Parker. Yet those two are still on the court? Classless to me. Pop hates that kind of gamesmanship. Like when Nazr shot and made a 3pointer against Detroit, remember? He ragged on that one play and was ticked off b/c it was at the end of, what, game 2 and we were up by double digits? I just hope that we can regroup come Monday and play better ball.

mando

Tap Dat Ass!
05-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Your in the WCF's and your down 0-2 and your first game is at home? WTF would you do to win?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/SPURS-GROW.gif

mando6599
05-27-2007, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=Tap Dat Ass!]Your in the WCF's and your down 0-2 and your first game is at home? WTF would you do to win?

I wouldn't run up an already out of hand score. Uncalled for. You take your starters out and let some scrubs play the final 3 minutes. They may never get another chance to do so in their careers.

ImpartialObserver
05-27-2007, 02:30 AM
I mean, Sloan's got his main two guys, Williams and Boozer, on the court with 3 minutes left and a 21 point lead? Right before Bonner laid Williams out, I called that play. I was thinking, "what the heck?", someone needs to send a little message that says we don't appreciate keeping your starters in and running up the score which was already out of reach. Pop took Duncan out with what, about 6 minutes to play? Then went Ginobili. Then Parker. Yet those two are still on the court? Classless to me. Pop hates that kind of gamesmanship. Like when Nazr shot and made a 3pointer against Detroit, remember? He ragged on that one play and was ticked off b/c it was at the end of, what, game 2 and we were up by double digits? I just hope that we can regroup come Monday and play better ball.

mando
My guess is that he left them in purely for the experience, not to rub it in the Spurs' face. The Jazz is a young team, and even though they are in the WCF, they haven't beaten any teams with any real playoff experience like the Spurs. I think Sloan was trying to let his burgeoning stars know that they have to have the mentality of finishing games against championship caliber competition no matter what the score is by leaving them out there. I mean seriously, how would the Jazz benefit by intentionally rubbing it in?

DubMcDub
05-27-2007, 02:42 AM

mando

It never fails that after the Spurs suffer a humiliating loss some chump gets on here and whine and cries about the other team "Running the score up".

Grow a fuckin pair. Jesus.

Beno Udrih
05-27-2007, 02:48 AM
It never fails that after the spurs suffer a humiliating loss some mav chump comes and feels the need to "put" spur fan in his place. :rolleyes

Get a fucking life. Jesus.

DubMcDub
05-27-2007, 02:51 AM
It never fails that after the spurs suffer a humiliating loss some mav chump comes and feels the need to "put" spur fan in his place. :rolleyes

Those of us who aren't little whiney girls sometimes like to help out those among us who are. Consider it generosity.

Beno Udrih
05-27-2007, 02:51 AM
Those of us who aren't little whiney girls sometimes like to help out those of us who are.
And yet here you are whining.

DubMcDub
05-27-2007, 02:53 AM
And yet here you are whining.

Point me to where I whined. I dare you. Calling out one of your bitch ass brethren for being a puss != whining.

Course I wouldn't expect a fellow little girl Spurfan to comprehend that.

Beno Udrih
05-27-2007, 03:01 AM
:lol All 897 of your posts are whining. You're nothing special, I've seen better mav posters on this forum. All you do is bitch about spurs fans. If you don't like what you read on this forum, then form an original opinion instead of replying to every ones post. Or get the fuck out. It's quit simple.

Beno Udrih
05-27-2007, 03:03 AM
How fresh, you called me a little girl. :lol

mikekim
05-27-2007, 03:03 AM
Point me to where I whined. I dare you. Calling out one of your bitch ass brethren for being a puss != whining.

I always wonder about this "little girl" insult. I'm sure little girls all around the world would take offense to that.

About the thread...I think when it's all said and done, we just got beat by the Jazz tonight...pretty handily. BUT I do think Sloan should've taken out his starters, if anything to not fuel the Spurs any further for Game 4. And yeah...it's just kind of rude, I guess. I understand why he did it though...the Jazz psyche was pretty damaged and self-esteem was pretty low after the first 2 games. Anything to help them maximize the recovery would help. But I'm not sure it was worth it.

JamStone
05-27-2007, 03:06 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=270526026

4th Quarter Summary

4:11 Jacque Vaughn enters the game for Tony Parker
4:11 Francisco Elson enters the game for Tim Duncan
4:05 Matt Bonner enters the game for Manu Ginobili

3:10 Derek Fisher enters the game for Deron Williams
3:10 Paul Millsap enters the game for Carlos Boozer

mikekim
05-27-2007, 03:12 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=270526026

4th Quarter Summary

Ah...if that's the case, then it doesn't seem like too much to complain about at all. I didn't watch the game, I followed it on espn gamecast and I guess it just seemed longer on there (games sometimes do take forever when you keep up with the bouncing basketballs and text updates on gamecast...i once did it for a full game...haha).

sabar
05-27-2007, 03:17 AM
The way we played, we deserved to have the score run-up against us.

Fast Dunk
05-27-2007, 03:18 AM

mando

Whiny fuck!

Strike
05-27-2007, 03:28 AM
:troll
Whiny fuck!

dav4463
05-27-2007, 05:18 AM
I think it shows the Jazz respect for the Spurs. Down 0-2, they were expecting the Spurs to make a run at them, and the lead didn't feel safe. They wanted to make sure they got this one. Nothing wrong with it.

Johnny RIngo
05-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Don't really give a damn about class. Winning team can do whatever the hell they want. Only thing that puzzles me is why Jazz fans are trying to call the Spurs play in this game dirty when they had Collins and Harpring throwing elbows all over the place.

Corn on the Colb
05-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Maybe it's the hipcheck from Robert Horry, or Bowen's consistent dirty play (hell, he tripped Williams last night) that causes this 'dirty' reputation that is building up.

Not to mention the Jazz played a team who should have had 3 guys suspended due to flagrant fouls that were worse than Robert Horry's, but none of them were even fined, yet Horry was suspended 2 games for a lesser hit, and the Jazz said nothing, came back the next game and closed out the series. Classless my ass.

johngateswhiteley
05-27-2007, 07:13 AM
who cares if we lost by 15 or 30....seriously. wgaf, its a loss.

Girasuck
05-27-2007, 08:52 AM
There's a 1 minute difference between the time Parker/Duncan come out and DWill/Booz come out and you think that's running up the score? I don't have the stats in front of me but how many times did Deron and Boozer score in that 1 minute that led you to think we were running up the score?

I guess when you blow a 22 point 4th quarter lead AT HOME to Seattle and a 12 point lead with 4 minutes left to Sacramento, also at home, no lead is safe in Sloan's eyes.

greywheel
05-27-2007, 09:20 AM
who cares if we lost by 15 or 30....seriously. wgaf, its a loss.

Gamblers. More specifically vgamblers who bet the under on vbookie (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68830) .
Dang you Utah for running up the score!!!
I actually wrote damn but then I felt bad saying that to so many Mormons.

mabber
05-27-2007, 09:22 AM

mando

Pathetic post.

ballhog
05-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Those of us who aren't little whiney girls sometimes like to help out those among us who are. Consider it generosity.

It's the playoffs.....why not lay somebody out? He just chucked up a 3 pointer when they're up by 17. Just a little message to Sloan. Looks like he got the point on that one. D. Will is a pussy for laying around on the floor like that. Even when Parker does that it bugs me.

TampaDude
05-27-2007, 10:08 AM
There's a 1 minute difference between the time Parker/Duncan come out and DWill/Booz come out and you think that's running up the score? I don't have the stats in front of me but how many times did Deron and Boozer score in that 1 minute that led you to think we were running up the score?

I guess when you blow a 22 point 4th quarter lead AT HOME to Seattle and a 12 point lead with 4 minutes left to Sacramento, also at home, no lead is safe in Sloan's eyes.

The Jazz blew a 22-point lead in the 4th quarter to the SONICS at HOME??? No wonder Sloan kept his starters in a bit longer...the Spurs, on a good night, could close that gap and win...but not last night...they just got beat down.

It won't happen on Monday night, I can assure you!

GO SPURS GO!!!

exstatic
05-27-2007, 10:08 AM
What a pathetic life you must have. Lurking around another team's board on a Saturday night/Sunday morning hoping for the occasional loss? Fuck, just hang yourself and get it over with...

SpursFanFirst
05-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Personally, I'm glad the score got as out-of-hand as it did...being run up or not...doesn't matter.
In the end, I hope the guys watch this tape and feel so ashamed that they come out guns a-blazen the next game...turn this loss into a positive!

VegasJazz
05-27-2007, 10:44 AM

The fans are just like Timmy CRYBABIES :owned

Corn on the Colb
05-27-2007, 11:05 AM
It's the playoffs.....why not lay somebody out? He just chucked up a 3 pointer when they're up by 17. Just a little message to Sloan. Looks like he got the point on that one. D. Will is a pussy for laying around on the floor like that. Even when Parker does that it bugs me.

He was open, plus the last time we had a game in the books, Okur had a wide open 3 with 37 seconds left, and about 6 on the shot clock, and he drove instead of shooting the open 3 and got thugged by the Golden State Penal League champions. We call them the Warriors.

So forgive him for trying to avoid another moment like that. Not saying the Spurs would do that, just saying.

As for D-Will being a pussy, Parker takes tiny shots and rolls around like a bitch so long they have to go to commercial. You see him hit his head on Nash's face? He dropped straight to the ground. What a fucking girl. Nash had a gash across his face and didn't budge, but Parker played it out like he had brain damage. TONY PARKER is a pussy. Deron Williams is better than him, too. Deal wit-it.

Corn on the Colb
05-27-2007, 11:06 AM
What a pathetic life you must have. Lurking around another team's board on a Saturday night/Sunday morning hoping for the occasional loss? Fuck, just hang yourself and get it over with...

Says the person with 12,000 posts on an online message board and a nerdy-as-fuck avatar.

:wakeup <------ your entire life.

jazzman12
05-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Sloan took his "big 2" out almost exactly 60 seconds after Pop took out his big guns. Why is this even a thread?? In fact, do we know how long it took to get a dead ball in that 60 second span? For all we know, Sloan had his guys ready to check in right after he saw Pop pull his players. By all means, don't let logic and impartial thinking dictate what you post. Let's just start trashing Sloan because you're frustrated after a bad loss.

It's already been said, but this thread is pathetic. I'd expect this from Suns fans, but not you guys.

With the way Utah has blown late game leads all season long, I'm not suprised at all that Sloan waited for Pop to pull his players first. Once he saw that, he pulled his. I don't think there needs to be any justification that it happened a mere 60 seconds later.

Grow a sack and move on to game 4. Quit complaining about officials and Sloan not pulling his players fast enough to appease you. You're team is 3-time World Champs. Start acting like it!

td4mvp21
05-27-2007, 12:28 PM

At least we're here after losses, bitch. Don't come trolling around acting like you're above us- you practically disappeared after the Mavs lost along with half your other Mavs friends. It's amazing how Mavs fans only come around after the Spurs lose now that their pathetic team is out of the playoffs. Yeah, that's not a bitch move at all. Don't like us? Get the fuck out.

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 12:42 PM
4th Quarter Summary

This demonstrates the needlessness of this thread. I wasn't shocked to see a Spur set a hard pick, either. I'm glad no one got kicked in the nads or achilles yet.

exstatic
05-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Says the person with 12,000 posts on an online message board and a nerdy-as-fuck avatar.

It's MY team's board, and that's over the span of 4 years or so. Surely even a stupid Jazz fan, who was NOT here for the two losses, can see the difference...
:jack <------ your entire life.

bdictjames
05-27-2007, 02:51 PM
That sucks

Remember Game 2 against Phoenix? We were beat big, but we made a comeback. Duncan will dominate once more.

jaespur21
05-27-2007, 03:05 PM
:blah :spin
It's MY team's board, and that's over the span of 4 years or so. Surely even a stupid Jazz fan, who was NOT here for the two losses, can see the difference...
:jack <------ your entire life. :clap :clap

saporvida
05-27-2007, 03:44 PM

you're a fan of the mavs... you will forever be considered whiny.... wait i retract that statement. you will forever be considered a whiny bitch!

mando6599
05-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Sloan took his "big 2" out almost exactly 60 seconds after Pop took out his big guns. Why is this even a thread?? In fact, do we know how long it took to get a dead ball in that 60 second span? For all we know, Sloan had his guys ready to check in right after he saw Pop pull his players. By all means, don't let logic and impartial thinking dictate what you post. Let's just start trashing Sloan because you're frustrated after a bad loss.

It's already been said, but this thread is pathetic. I'd expect this from Suns fans, but not you guys.

With the way Utah has blown late game leads all season long, I'm not suprised at all that Sloan waited for Pop to pull his players first. Once he saw that, he pulled his. I don't think there needs to be any justification that it happened a mere 60 seconds later.

Grow a sack and move on to game 4. Quit complaining about officials and Sloan not pulling his players fast enough to appease you. You're team is 3-time World Champs. Start acting like it!

But you know what? There's an etiquette about running up the score and I wanted to point it out. And Williams jackin up 3's doesn't mean they're running up the score? Please

td4mvp21
05-27-2007, 03:58 PM
4th Quarter Summary

This demonstrates the needlessness of this thread. I wasn't shocked to see a Spur set a hard pick, either. I'm glad no one got kicked in the nads or achilles yet.

I don't really see a big deal out of it, personally. Give us a break though, when you're down that much each minute seems like an eternity :lol.

johngateswhiteley
05-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Gamblers. More specifically vgamblers who bet the under on vbookie (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68830) .
Dang you Utah for running up the score!!!
I actually wrote damn but then I felt bad saying that to so many Mormons.

they didn't run up the score, and if one can't handle the ups and downs up gambling, don't do it.

greywheel
05-27-2007, 04:56 PM
they didn't run up the score, and if one can't handle the ups and downs up gambling, don't do it.

But I start to get the shakes in between vbookie bets. I have lost everything I had so many times but still I don't think I can stop.

GrandeDavid
05-27-2007, 04:57 PM

That was a gay comeback. Piss off.

Strike
05-27-2007, 05:01 PM
If I was a coach of a professional team I wouldn't give 2 shits about "etiquette". If my team got worked in the first two games of a series and was working that same team in game 3, I'd run up the score as far as I could. I'd try to jack the score up to 30 or 40 and take my opponents morale and chuck it in the shitter.

Let the hating begin.

Johnny RIngo
05-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Maybe it's the hipcheck from Robert Horry, or Bowen's consistent dirty play (hell, he tripped Williams last night) that causes this 'dirty' reputation that is building up.

LOL at Jazz fans complaining about dirty play. Hell, Malone and the Jazz were the dirtiest team in the league for years. No team has sent more players to the hospital than the Jazz with their blatant elbows, kicks, and cheapshots. Saw the same shit last night with that bitch Colins elbowing Duncan repeatedly and getting away with it.

UV Ray
05-27-2007, 05:55 PM

:clap :lol

TheSanityAnnex
05-27-2007, 09:03 PM

:lol

jazz4life
05-27-2007, 09:38 PM
We Should Have Left Them In And Ran Up The Score By 40 You Fucking Chump!!bend Over And Take The Loss Like A Whore!!

Strike
05-27-2007, 09:42 PM
We Should Have Left Them In And Ran Up The Score By 40 You Fucking Chump!!bend Over And Take The Loss Like A Whore!!

You're talking like the Jazz have accomplished anything at all. That's damn funny.

SpursIndonesia
05-28-2007, 03:04 AM
Whiney a$$ forum. There's no written rule that you've got to take out your starter when you reach some sort of comfortable lead in the end of the game. Why should they bother ?

You don't want to be humiliated, then COMPETE in the first place not to get blown on the floor like that. Pathetic.

johngateswhiteley
05-28-2007, 03:08 AM
But I start to get the shakes in between vbookie bets. I have lost everything I had so many times but still I don't think I can stop.

johngateswhiteley
05-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Whiney a$$ forum. There's no written rule that you've got to take out your starter when you reach some sort of comfortable lead in the end of the game. Why should they bother ?

You don't want to be humiliated, then COMPETE in the first place not to get blown on the floor like that. Pathetic.

:tu

LoVeNSpuRs
05-28-2007, 10:10 AM

Well said my fellow basketball fan. :toast

GrandeDavid
05-28-2007, 10:24 AM
I think Jerry Sloan is second to last coach in the L to try to classlessly run up a score. Pop would be first, obviously. I didn't see the second half, but I would guess he had motives. Maybe he wanted to try some things in preparation for Game 4. Hell, I don't know. But I seriously doubt Sloan would be a cock, especially with his team still down 2-1.

jazz4life
05-28-2007, 01:40 PM
I Am Happy To See There Are Some Spurs Fans With Half A Fucking Brain!!

laser2kgt
05-28-2007, 01:56 PM
karl maone say, ey tiime you eat a egg, iz like eatin a chieckens bebe. so next time you eat a egg, thank bout eatin bebe.

:toast

MadDog73
05-28-2007, 02:12 PM

:dramaquee

People on computers bitching about other people on computers is probably the most retarded thing ever.

Some people have been here a long time. Look at you, you already have 72 posts in a few days! :drunk

72 posts times 52 weeks = 3,744 posts a year.

If Corn on the Colb posts that rate for 4 years, he'll actually have more posts than exstatic! 14,976! :lol

laser2kgt
05-28-2007, 02:15 PM
to reiterate your point, i think ive been here like two years or so and yet i have something like 5 posts. :lol

samikeyp
05-28-2007, 03:46 PM
This isn't college football. If you don't like losing by 30...work your ass off and prevent it from happening.