PDA

View Full Version : Mark Jackson, horrible.

mando6599
05-27-2007, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry, but this guy makes me want Walton on the telecast. He's so overstated and melodramatic with all his "greatest ever" comments and his hyperboles. At least with Walton you know from the get go that he's goofy at his job and comments so you don't take him too seriously. But it sounds to me like Jackson wants to bury himself in cliched hyperbole and it frankly, sucks. Breen isn't much better. Why didn't TNT get the West and ABC get the East finals? And this rant is not just because we lost either. I've always thought this ever since I heard him as color.

whottt
05-27-2007, 02:18 AM
Yeah....he does suck ass.

I was wishing for him to get injured.

zekes
05-27-2007, 02:20 AM
i enjoy counting how many times he says "air space" in a game...

mando6599
05-27-2007, 02:21 AM
Yeah....he does suck ass.

I was wishing for him to get injured.

Funny one.

duncan_21
05-27-2007, 02:31 AM
This just in...ABC/Disney sucks at NBA, TNT pwns....

mikekim
05-27-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm sorry, but this guy makes me want Walton on the telecast. He's so overstated and melodramatic with all his "greatest ever" comments and his hyperboles. At least with Walton you know from the get go that he's goofy at his job and comments so you don't take him too seriously. But it sounds to me like Jackson wants to bury himself in cliched hyperbole and it frankly, sucks. Breen isn't much better. Why didn't TNT get the West and ABC get the East finals? And this rant is not just because we lost either. I've always thought this ever since I heard him as color.

I totally agree. I've learned to find Bill Walton somewhat entertaining...I don't think I could do the same with Mark Jackson.

td4mvp3
05-27-2007, 07:51 AM
i was just glad they have jvg to call things straight. i don't know if there's some sort of school announcers go to so they can find a way to spin things, but jvg at least said straight out when he thought horry flopper and the foul on parker when the ball was going out of bounds.

L.I.T
05-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Eh, I find it kinda entertaining, in a trainwreck sorta way. Should have a vBookie on when JVG finally loses it and goes off on him. We were getting close yesterday.

VaSpursFan
05-27-2007, 08:42 AM
jvg...calls the game fairly and ecalls the bullshit fouls/calls when he sees them. mark jackson is an nba shill who will agree with every call made even when it's obviously the wrong one.

E20
05-27-2007, 09:48 AM
His voice is so Monotonous and I don't fucking care what he has to say, because of that.

Girasuck
05-27-2007, 10:14 AM

"Marc Jackson is the worst announcer in the history of modern civilization"

- Bill Walton

I actually agree with you. I can't stand the guy and it goes back to his year he spent with us thinking he deserved to start over Stockton and wrecking the locker room because of it.

JVG isn't much better though. What about is asinine comments saying the league should change the rule so players have 7 fouls or the idiotic comment about the 3rd foul in the first half being overrated? I miss Bill Walton and Steve Jones.

td4mvp3
05-27-2007, 11:35 AM
"Marc Jackson is the worst announcer in the history of modern civilization"

- Bill Walton

I actually agree with you. I can't stand the guy and it goes back to his year he spent with us thinking he deserved to start over Stockton and wrecking the locker room because of it.

JVG isn't much better though. What about is asinine comments saying the league should change the rule so players have 7 fouls or the idiotic comment about the 3rd foul in the first half being overrated? I miss Bill Walton and Steve Jones.
eh, they're announcers, they've got to say something. but when it comes down to actively trying to put the nba in the best light (in this case, the refs) despite ample evidence to the opposite, it is really, really annoying. i'm watching parker drive for a layup and williams shift over to meet him and the offensive call get made and jackson starts talking about how your feet don't have to be set and even though the guy is moving it's still a good charge. jvg just yells, i don't know what game you guys are watching but that was a block. amen.

angel_luv
05-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Jeff Van Gundy was seriously getting on my nerves with his broadcast last night.

The only part I liked was when Van Gundy said, in his squeaky voice, that one of the Jazz players should take contact like a man ( or something to that effect).

But other than that... :pctoss

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 12:34 PM
The fact that both Utah fans and Spurs fans hate Jackson's commentary speaks volumes. He sucks.

That said, I'm really tired of Barry being involved. The fact that his little brother plays for the Spurs is a terrible conflict of interest for the broadcast, imo, as is the JVG commentary, as he was ousted by the Jazz this year, though I liked his in-game comments.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Jeff Van Gundy, I believe, is doing a good job handling the commentating. He is a lot better than Mark Jackson. I hope that JVG stays, but if he coaches again oh well...

bdictjames
05-27-2007, 02:58 PM
JVG's funny.

SouthernFried
05-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I loved after MJ commented on how Deron got a charge...JVG said "that was a flop man!!"

He called it on Horry as well...and he was right.

MJ sucks ass...JVG is better than most.

Johnny RIngo
05-27-2007, 05:28 PM
The whole ESPN/ABC crew sucks ass. And they wonder why basketball ratings are going down when they have:

-those ugly ass low camera shots that completely disrupt the game
-that annoying pop song that's been playing over and over again.
-sensationalist commentators that are clueless half the time
-crappy half time shows

GrandeDavid
05-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I recall during David Robinson's last season, after the Spurs had just played Jackson's team for the last time (Indiana?), Jackson spoke so highly of him, calling him perhaps the "classiest person to ever lace em up". So I'm glad I didn't watch last night's broadcast in English otherwise my stellar regard for him might be....here comes the word....tainted.

mikekim
05-27-2007, 06:33 PM
The fact that both Utah fans and Spurs fans hate Jackson's commentary speaks volumes. He sucks.

That said, I'm really tired of Barry being involved. The fact that his little brother plays for the Spurs is a terrible conflict of interest for the broadcast, imo, as is the JVG commentary, as he was ousted by the Jazz this year, though I liked his in-game comments.

Jon Barry hates the Spurs. That guy was the most biased, horrible commentator who never passed up an opportunity to kiss the Suns' ass in their series with the Spurs. He was more like a Suns fan commenting on the game than a neutral commentator. And, if the word on the street is true, he and Brent are not that close and haven't been for a while.

I miss NBC...

But most of all?? I want the Spurs to just win....that was the most annoying part of game 3 (I just watched a recording of the game).

exstatic
05-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Mark Jackson is as difficult to listen to as his game was to watch. Who wants to see a fat, six foot PG back down his man in the paint?

florige
05-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey look at it this way, at least they didn't have that stupid camera angle on too much Saturday. You can't do anything about that. But at least you can turn down the volume on those idiot commentators. Where is Marv Albert when you need him.

carina_gino20
05-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Jackson's commentary is just so flat and he probably spends more time talking about himself than the game.

JVG was pretty okay, and I think he called it pretty evenly for both teams. I liked it when he would not so subtly take a punch on whatever Jackson's saying. :lol

Beavis
05-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Mark Jackson is definitely awful, but he's not even close to as bad as Isiah Thomas was. All that little bitch did was self-gloss about how wonderful his punk-ass was.

PM5K
05-28-2007, 02:36 AM
I like JVG, especially when he asked the other two guys what game they were watching, he sees it like it is and calls it like it is, Horry flopped and Jeff didn't have a problem calling it what it was, and he's done that a few times in this series.

And for those that don't agree, what is the difference between getting a foul in the last minute of the second, or first minute of the third?

AnkleBreaker21
05-28-2007, 02:55 AM
yah he sucks really bad, we need kenny and charles