PDA

View Full Version : positives

td4mvp3
05-27-2007, 08:13 AM
i think the big uproar with this loss was the margin. that 20-points came out of nowhere, which i hope is a good sign. no one looked at this series and thought anybody was winning by blowouts. plus, duncan's 26 minutes isn't likely to be repeated. what else actually worked for the spurs to give them hope that the blowout was an aberation.

TampaDude
05-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Positives? NONE. The Spurs got thier ass kicked just like Chuck Liddell.

CubanMustGo
05-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Positives: /dev/null

Tigole Bitties
05-27-2007, 09:38 AM
/usr/sbin/fsck that.

Only positive -- free coffee after a Spurs win on a weekday

EastsBeasts
05-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I didn't really get to watch a lot of the Spurs first two games because of work but your team's interior defense looked like it got exposed pretty badly. I'm sure it had something to do with Duncan's foul trouble. Nobody else on your team can block a shot.
Good luck on Monday homers.

iflyabeech
05-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Positives: I get to go to game 5 and watch the Spurs close this one out!!!

TampaDude
05-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Positives: I get to go to game 5 and watch the Spurs close this one out!!!

That's what I'm talking about! :toast

Jimcs50
05-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I just saved 25% on my car insurance from Geico.

rr2418
05-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I think the positives have to be that the Jazz scored most of their points when TD was already in foul trouble. The whole complexity of the game changes when TD is playing with 4/5 fouls and can't be aggressive. There was a point in the game that the Spurs were called for fouls like 4 times in a row, all it seemed on either Duncan, Oberto, or Bowen.

exstatic
05-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Positives? After the Jazz were virtually headhunting all game, we finally knocked one of them, Deron, on his ass after a gratuitious 3 to run up the score. That's about the only positive from last night.

Don't be surprised if the league reviews that Fisher clothesline of Parker and assesses a flagrant 2.

romain.star
05-27-2007, 10:34 AM
positive: a Spurs sweep would have meant huge loss in Game 1 against the Pistons

98Ute1
05-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I just saved 25% on my car insurance from Geico.

:downspin:

positives for the spurs:
They kept it close most of the game until the 3rd quarter
They were able to get to the free throw line until the end of the 3rd quarter
They were able to attack the basket until the end of the 3rd quarter
....and......Eva Longoria looked hotter than ever
...yeah that's pretty much it

SAGambler
05-27-2007, 10:46 AM
The positive is that the Spurs have been through this before, only to come back the next game and kick ass.

I fully expected them to lose game 3. Just thought the refs would let them play more since that's the way this series was called in SA.

All those whistles disrupted the flow, not to mention pretty much took Tim out of the game.

But I would have almost bet the farm the Utah would win the first game there, so I'm really not too disappointed in the Spurs.

Still think they finish them off in 5.

Budkin
05-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Positives: it's one fucking loss and we are still up 2-1 and have been in this situation plenty of times.

bigzak25
05-27-2007, 03:06 PM
the positive is that the jazz made the series interesting.

maybe a little bad blood can boil over to game 4 and we can even have a close game the final minute for a change...

boutons_
05-27-2007, 03:15 PM
One positive better be that the Spurs learn that the Jazz are much stronger, often win in the second half.

Been like that in so many season games, and in all 3 playoff games vs the Spurs.

The Spurs being ahead at the half doesn't discourage the Jazz as much as it encourages the Spurs to let up.

Plenty of pressure on Spurs to get the split, NOT lose HCA, esp against the Jazz, and NOT come back to SA with a new 3-game series.

ducks
05-27-2007, 03:20 PM
one posive manu and duncan played like shit
so hopefully next game those 2 will be on

SouthernFried
05-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Positive?

Well, Jazz didn't do anything different then what they were doing the first two games. The difference this game was...the Spurs didn't stop them like they did the first 2 games. Looked like layup drills out there.

Spurs just gotta play D like they did in first 2 games, which they've already proven they can. Jazz can play the same D, the same O they did in this game...and Spurs will win if they just play their normal good D.

This was not normal Spurs Defense.

Positive.

Dingle Barry
05-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Vaughn is one day closer to not wearing the silver and black

GrandeDavid
05-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Positives = its the Utah Jazz and the Spurs have home court advantage. Just as the Spurs have had historical trouble winning in Utah (although I don't buy into the losses in the 90s as being factors, they were two entirely different teams), the Jazz are owned by the Spurs in San Antonio. Plus one can expect the Spurs to bring their best possible game on Monday, meaning I wouldn't expect the Spurs to get blown out again. I think the Spurs will win on Monday.

florige
05-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Positives? After the Jazz were virtually headhunting all game, we finally knocked one of them, Deron, on his ass after a gratuitious 3 to run up the score. That's about the only positive from last night.

Don't be surprised if the league reviews that Fisher clothesline of Parker and assesses a flagrant 2.

I want ALL of their player PLAYING in every game. I don't want to hear anymore of this * crap.

florige
05-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Positives Duncan only played 26 minutes. Thats all I need right there.

Budkin
05-27-2007, 09:18 PM

Here here!

Strike
05-27-2007, 09:29 PM
:lmao

boutons_
05-27-2007, 09:49 PM
"Jazz didn't do anything different then what they were doing the first two games"

BS. They shot 54% vs 40's in the first 2 losses, while the Spurs shot 43% vs 54% in the first two wins.

The Jazz were just hot in Game3 while the Spurs were cold.

T Park
05-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Alot fo the reason they were hot, was because the Spurs defense was shit, and they once again didn't defend the damn pick and roll.

Hopefully Michael Finley feels good tommarow so he can unleash about 5 threes on em, and play better defense on guys like Giricek than the choking stiff Brent barry.

I doubt the Spurs win tommarow though.

The Jazz I think have got the confidence, and they now know how to win...

jazz4life
05-27-2007, 10:05 PM
The Only Positive Thing Is Seeing You Guys Get Your Ass Kicked Again!!