PDA

View Full Version : Tim's chance of breaking record snuffed out.

Jimcs50
05-27-2007, 10:11 AM
The worst part of yesterday's loss was Tim's steak of 20pts/10rebs in one playoff run is over and stops at 11 straight games. Now, Shaq's record of 12 straight is intact. I was sure that TD would break the record or at least tie it, as Utah had shown no hope of stopping Tim from dominating the game.

Alas, the refs were the only men who could keep TD from the setting the record. TD never really had a chance as he was on the bench most of the game watching rather than playing.

:depressed

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Shit.

duncan228
05-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm sure Duncan didn't care as much as we did.
He's all about winning.
As long as the Spurs take the series he'll never even think about it.

Jimcs50
05-27-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm sure Duncan didn't care as much as we did.
He's all about winning.
As long as the Spurs take the series he'll never even think about it.

Yes, but when he is retired, he would enjoy some things to look back on and be proud of and tell his kids and grand kids about. Seeing his name in the record books would be one of them. TD will not really have that many records when all is said and done, and that one would have been a keeper more than likely....

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm guessing he can show his grandkids how he is one of only eight players ever with multiple Finals MVPs if he's looking for personal glory.

Also, I'm pretty sure Tim can get a steak anytime he pleases.

duncan228
05-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes, but when he is retired, he would enjoy some things to look back on and be proud of and tell his kids and grand kids about. Seeing his name in the record books would be one of them. TD will not really have that many records when all is said and done, and that one would have been a keeper more than likely....

I see your point but Duncan just doesn't strike me as that kind of man.

I think the Finals MVPs, the championships, even the league MVPs will mean more to him than any "stat" record.

He's a team guy, he's never shown us that individual records mean anything to him. His league MVPs reflected how good his team was those years as much as how good he was. Same with his Finals MVPs.

Of course it's all just speculation on my part, I only know what I see him project. And I see a team guy.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Duncan does not care. Literally. It's not that he thinks about it and then says "the team and winning is more important". It doesn't even occur to him to think about it or care.

Corn on the Colb
05-27-2007, 10:54 AM
The worst part of yesterday's loss was Tim's steak of 20pts/10rebs in one playoff run is over and stops at 11 straight games. Now, Shaq's record of 12 straight is intact. I was sure that TD would break the record or at least tie it, as Utah had shown no hope of stopping Tim from dominating the game.

Alas, the refs were the only men who could keep TD from the setting the record. TD never really had a chance as he was on the bench most of the game watching rather than playing.

:depressed

Tim shouldn't have fouled so much then, huh? If you say the foul that sat him in the 1st half for good wasn't one, then take off your homer glasses.

jman3000
05-27-2007, 10:57 AM
i think tim is more likely going to tell his grandkids about that time he reached a level 55 elf in world of warcraft then he is telling them of his NBA accolades.

jman3000
05-27-2007, 10:58 AM
"it was a rainy day in ravenholm......"

boutons_
05-27-2007, 11:36 AM
"the team and winning is more important"

When Tim racks up large double-doubles (excluding TOs), the team does better.

When Tim has his head up his ass, like last night (TOs and PFs), the team does worse.

Tim failing is the team failing.

At no other time than in the playoffs is Tim playing at MVP levels more important FOR THE TEAM.

8 TOs, most of which were Tim getting bitch slapped passively instead of actively trying to make a play, resulting in the team failing.

How many playoff games do the Spurs win when Tim plays down so the team can do better? Do such games even exist?

Tim getting his stats is the best chance for Tim to lead and help THE TEAM.

JamStone
05-27-2007, 11:47 AM
that was the "worst" part of last night's loss???

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I thought the "worst" part for Spurs fans would be the blowout loss, but apparently this happens a lot to the Spurs. They get a little down and then mail it in, come back next time and give twice the effort.

Jimcs50
05-27-2007, 01:20 PM
that was the "worst" part of last night's loss???

Actually yes, it was the worst part about the loss

There were no injuries to any of our players...the loss was a loss, the Spurs have been blown out many mnay times in a series that they were up in and lost focus in...that was nothing new.

Yes?

Jimcs50
05-27-2007, 01:22 PM
I thought the "worst" part for Spurs fans would be the blowout loss, but apparently this happens a lot to the Spurs. They get a little down and then mail it in, come back next time and give twice the effort.

I seem to remember this happening to your team as well, in your hey day.....short term memory loss, eh???

itzsoweezee
05-27-2007, 01:37 PM
that was the only thing i was pissed off about in yesterday's game.

Budkin
05-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Tim and the Spurs played like shit last night. Yeah there were a lot of shitty calls but they also played like ass. You gotta be able to play through it.

bdictjames
05-27-2007, 02:53 PM
These are things you really dont pay attention to.

Who cares. Records are for stat nerds

bigzak25
05-27-2007, 02:58 PM
"it was a rainy day in ravenholm......"

:lol

i can hear him saying it too...

clubalien
05-27-2007, 03:28 PM

I don't feel sorry for tim or his multi millionare kids. I mean millionare, athlitic, maried to amy duncan. Cannot feel sorry.

But I do feel sorry for us spurs fans because when someone brings up how young player XXXX is better than Timmy. You have soemthing to show them.

Like t he post that asked woudl you take tim over the dream if building a team. I owuld take david robinson!

saporvida
05-27-2007, 03:46 PM
i forget what game it was but duncan almost had the most blocks ever in a game( most for him or most overall i dont know) but the refs fucked that up too by calling the last block a foul or some shit when clearly it was all ball. i hate these old ass, short, white refs... when is the league going to hire ex-nba players as refs?

YoMamaIsCallin
05-27-2007, 04:28 PM
"the team and winning is more important"

When Tim racks up large double-doubles (excluding TOs), the team does better.

When Tim has his head up his ass, like last night (TOs and PFs), the team does worse.

Tim failing is the team failing.

At no other time than in the playoffs is Tim playing at MVP levels more important FOR THE TEAM.

8 TOs, most of which were Tim getting bitch slapped passively instead of actively trying to make a play, resulting in the team failing.

How many playoff games do the Spurs win when Tim plays down so the team can do better? Do such games even exist?

Tim getting his stats is the best chance for Tim to lead and help THE TEAM.

You're missing my point.

I said that Tim doesn't care about individual records, only about the team and winning. Not only doesn't he care, it doesn't even really enter his thought process.

This does not mean that Tim does not play aggressively and get his points, rebounds, blocks, etc. to help the team win. Those are two different things.

But, the fact that he didn't string together yet another consecutive 20-10 game (or whatever this bogus "record" was), has nothing to do with anything on Tim's mind.

Johnny RIngo
05-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Tim shouldn't have fouled so much then, huh? If you say the foul that sat him in the 1st half for good wasn't one, then take off your homer glasses.

That 5th foul was BS. The announcers even called the refs out on it.

duncan228
05-27-2007, 05:45 PM
i forget what game it was but duncan almost had the most blocks ever in a game( most for him or most overall i dont know) but the refs fucked that up too by calling the last block a foul or some shit when clearly it was all ball. i hate these old ass, short, white refs... when is the league going to hire ex-nba players as refs?

Just an FYI:
Duncan had a career high 9 blocks in game six against the Suns.

The record in a playoff game is 10, so if his last block hadn't been negated by the foul he would have tied it.

GrandeDavid
05-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Tim played like shit last night. He deserved to have that record snapped. Having said that, he restarts it tomorrow and I don't see him retiring any time soon. Hopefully he can get it sometime next year.

ballhog
05-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Worst thing about it.....Spurs will not sweep.

jmard5
05-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Worst thing that could happen? It might make Tim furious and be "really" prepared for his upcoming game.

Remember what happened to the Suns' last game?