PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Wants Jerry West Back In L.A. Or He'll Demand a Trade

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Just heard right now on ESPNEWS. It's in the little breaking news box in the bottom right corner too.

Strike
05-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Well boo fucking hoo.

I like Kobe but a whine like that is fucking D'Antoni-esque.

johngateswhiteley
05-27-2007, 04:48 PM
thats just stupid.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah, Jerry did such an awesome job in Memphis.

He could surround Kobe with Troy Bell, Robert Archibald and Cezary Trybanski.

And Stromile Swift....twice....

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-27-2007, 05:33 PM
C BYNUM/KWAME/MIHM
PF COOK/TURIAF/RADMANOVIC
SF ODOM/WALTON
SG KOBE/VUJACIC/McKIE
PG FARMAR/SHAMMOND

Smush is not going to be resigned and McKie is contemplating retirement so until he does I'll keep him there. They need a combo guard, need to get rid of at least 2 of their bigs and replace them with a quality big man. But no good players to trade for a another spot in the draft or for another superstar or good role player. They're doomed!

judaspriestess
05-27-2007, 05:43 PM
damn kobe is bitchy today!! :)

ChumpDumper
05-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Kobe wants Brian Cardinal or he will threaten to vacation in Colorado again.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-27-2007, 05:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2884339

Kobe wants West to return to Lakers with full authority
ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 27, 2007, 5:53 PM ET

Kobe Bryant isn't happy with the Lakers' direction and wants Jerry West back in Los Angeles to fix things.

Bryant told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that he wants the Lakers to bring West back to the organization and give him full authority. If the Lakers don't want to do that, Bryant said he wants to be traded.

Bryant is frustrated that the team has not made any significant moves since it re-signed him.

"I want to see us get to a contending level," he told The Los Angeles Times. "I want to see us become a championship contender. It's been a frustrating process for me and I'm sure it's been a frustrating process for all Laker fans. I'm just hoping we can get to that level. I'm still frustrated. I'm waiting for them to make some changes."

Mitch Kupchak is the current Lakers general manager.

West, who spent five seasons in Memphis, will leave his post as the Grizzlies' director of basketball operations July 1 at the end of his contract. West helped build the Lakers' dynasty in the '80s and engineered their rebirth in the '90s, overseeing seven NBA championship teams -- including back-to-back champions in 1987-1988 and three consecutive crowns from 2000-2002.

In Memphis, West never had the advantages he enjoyed in the large market of Los Angeles, where he signed Shaquille O'Neal and traded Vlade Divac for Bryant.

Bryant averaged 31.6 points per game in 2007 as the Lakers qualified for the seventh seed in the Western Conference with a 42-40 record. Los Angeles lost in five games to the Suns, however, and the Lakers haven't won a championship since O'Neal was traded to the Heat.

judaspriestess
05-27-2007, 06:00 PM
but, but I thought ole phlippy jackson was the greatest coach ever!!

Isn't that enough kobe?

E20
05-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I and a lot of people were expecting this from Kobe. Kobe is gonna want a big name with the Lakers wheter it be player or staff. Why else would he want to stay? If I was Kobe I would say to the Lakers FO:

WTF are you guys doing? I'm in my prime, get a decent player so we can win a championship or trade me.

I would consider offering Bynum and Odom plus whatever for KG.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Why did Kobe want shaq gone? Now he wants direction?

resistanze
05-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Kobe to Toronto for Rasho.

E20
05-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Why did Kobe want shaq gone? Now he wants direction?
Too many arguements/disputes. I guess Kobe felt like that Shaq wasn't giving 100% and he was, yet Shaq got all the credit and Kobe was in his shadow. One of them had to go after their Fab Four 2004 diaster in the Finals, the Lakers simply couldn't hold both their egos on one roster and the Lakers kept the younger player, but IMHO if Kobe was traded, Shaq would be in the same hole as Kobe is in. Shaq wouldn't be able to win another ring without another all-star guard. He'd probably get to the 2nd round though.

JamStone
05-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Carlos Delfino + Dale Davis for Kobe Bryant

johngateswhiteley
05-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Carlos Delfino + Dale Davis for Kobe Bryant

i'd do that trade.

gtownspur
05-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Gino for Kobe

exstatic
05-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Kobe is forgetting that the coach he begged to come back basically ran West out of town. Phil and Jerry are not buds.

Budkin
05-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Kobe wants young white girls bent over in his locker room after every game or he'll demand a trade.

itzsoweezee
05-27-2007, 10:01 PM
kobe's an idiot for not signing with the clippers. quite bitching and collect your paycheck.

ducks
05-27-2007, 10:56 PM
kobe for paul gasol
you heard it first here

SRJ
05-28-2007, 05:08 AM
Welcome to real life, Bean.

First, you made it very clear that you weren't going to play for Charlotte, so they traded you for Vlade Divac. Then, you got nice on the job training as a teenager while veterans like Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel held it down in the backcourt. Next, Phil Freaking Jackson drops into your laps while one of the five greatest centers of all time stirs your drink to the tune of three straight titles. You were one hell of a Robin during those three years, but there was no mistaking who Batman was on that team.

Of course, this bothered you. Winning doesn't feel so good if you're not The Man, right Bean? So you chase Batman away and suddenly, the fifty, fifty-five, sixty win seasons stop. Championships stop. Hell, second rounds stop. In other words, real life in the NBA happens. Great players don't win by themselves.

Three straight championships almost never happens - the feat has only occurred five times in the NBA's long history. A duo like Shaq and Kobe almost never happens. Baylor/West, Stockton/Malone and Jordan/Pippen are the most comparable examples in league history. Kobe Bryant was part of a three-peat and a top-notch NBA duo, and he was tired of it.

It's too bad for Kobe that #24 wasn't able to travel back in time to advise #8. Maybe Shaq would have stayed. Maybe the Lakers would have returned to the Finals, maybe won another ring. Almost certainly, the Lakers would be no worse off than they are right now.

Kobe got what he wanted in 1996 and in 2004. Now that Kobe has played the Batman role without much team success to show for it, would it really be wise to give him what he wants yet again?

dg7md
05-28-2007, 05:28 AM
Kobe to Toronto for Rasho.

Kobe in Toronto = new NBA league interest internationally with new markets and teams

mikejones99
05-28-2007, 05:30 AM
Kobe to Denver for K Mart and JR Smith

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-28-2007, 07:38 AM
To hell with West as a GM. I think the Lakers would probably be better off with West in a jersey.

HJNTX
05-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Kobe gets what Kobe wants...Before they lost Kobe, they sent Shaz packin' ...

BacktoBasics
05-28-2007, 09:32 AM
He's possibly the worst professional athlete of our time behind Micheal "The Dog" Vick.

Not even Jim Valvano was as cancerous as Kobe.

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2007, 09:43 AM
dude wanted to be batman, creates all this men, and if not carried out according to his plan, he wanna bolt? fuck him...laker fans must be feeling shit now for worshiping this dude

Medvedenko
05-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes, we feel like shit for the leader of our team stating he wants change and possibly make the team better....I guess he can be like KG and say shit...and miss the playoffs year over year. Shaq was the same way and even worse when he was in LA. He removed EJ, Elden, basically acted like the GM while he was here....guess what it worked and we won. Superstar players can stay idle and just let things slide.

BUMP
05-28-2007, 09:58 AM
He's possibly the worst professional athlete of our time behind Micheal "The Dog" Vick.

Not even Jim Valvano was as cancerous as Kobe.

T.O. might have something to say to that

Yes, we feel like shit for the leader of our team stating he wants change and possibly make the team better....I guess he can be like KG and say shit...and miss the playoffs year over year. Shaq was the same way and even worse when he was in LA. He removed EJ, Elden, basically acted like the GM while he was here....guess what it worked and we won. Superstar players can stay idle and just let things slide.

good point.

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2007, 09:58 AM

yeh he help remove shaq, and wherer has it left the lakers? wait since shaq left the lakers he has gotten himself another ring, while kobe is gettin knockd out of the first round each year.

kobe = robin

BacktoBasics
05-28-2007, 10:04 AM
More like Kobe = Catwomen

Medvedenko
05-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Funny boys, funny....Shaq=retired.

trueD
05-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Welcome to real life, Bean.

First, you made it very clear that you weren't going to play for Charlotte, so they traded you for Vlade Divac. Then, you got nice on the job training as a teenager while veterans like Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel held it down in the backcourt. Next, Phil Freaking Jackson drops into your laps while one of the five greatest centers of all time stirs your drink to the tune of three straight titles. You were one hell of a Robin during those three years, but there was no mistaking who Batman was on that team.

Of course, this bothered you. Winning doesn't feel so good if you're not The Man, right Bean? So you chase Batman away and suddenly, the fifty, fifty-five, sixty win seasons stop. Championships stop. Hell, second rounds stop. In other words, real life in the NBA happens. Great players don't win by themselves.

Three straight championships almost never happens - the feat has only occurred five times in the NBA's long history. A duo like Shaq and Kobe almost never happens. Baylor/West, Stockton/Malone and Jordan/Pippen are the most comparable examples in league history. Kobe Bryant was part of a three-peat and a top-notch NBA duo, and he was tired of it.

It's too bad for Kobe that #24 wasn't able to travel back in time to advise #8. Maybe Shaq would have stayed. Maybe the Lakers would have returned to the Finals, maybe won another ring. Almost certainly, the Lakers would be no worse off than they are right now.

Kobe got what he wanted in 1996 and in 2004. Now that Kobe has played the Batman role without much team success to show for it, would it really be wise to give him what he wants yet again?

:clap Great post!

Lakers would be better off without Kobe. Sure they would miss his scoring, but how much better can Odom, Walton, Sasha .... hell, even Kwame be without His Royal Assholeness? Plus, how much is he liable to alter young Bynum's and Farmar's progress just by being a little biatch and causing drama? How much has he already fucked up Luke's game by having to be "the man"?

This is Lakers' golden opportunity to get rid of the sour grapes-type leader.

I wonder how West feels about the Kobe-art of manipulation, expressed by Kobe's words that he will ask for a trade unless West returns?

Dear Dr. Buss: Trade Kobe THEN fire Mitch and bring on Jerry. :p:

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2007, 10:51 AM
did the moron kobe forgot there is a no trade clause in his contract? hahahaha clown

Medvedenko
05-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I'd rather have a superstar express his desire for winning than standing pat. Is it bold, yes it is...the team was supposed to be designed around Kobe...was it really in the last few years.....Injuries were huge for the team last season...also a lack of talent and no true #2. Oh, and Walton, Odom were having career years prior to the injury.

LakeShow
05-28-2007, 07:56 PM

True, and Magic did the same thing with Haywood and Nixon. He also came out with the Fire Wesphal or trade me comment. Once again it worked and they won so maybe it's Kobe's turn?

How can the league salvage a ratings nightmare and loss of interest in the NBA playoffs? Bring in Kobe and the most celebrated NBA franchise, the Los Angeles Lakers! Make every statement by Kobe top billing. "Kobe wants to be traded", "Kobe wants West or trade me", "Kobe doesn't want to be traded", "Kobe just suggested West should be GM and made no demands", blah, blah, blah..... Once again the league brings in the Lakers even though they're not in the playoffs to save them. Now we have Fans in LA and NY and everywhere following the NBA. Way to go NBA!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2884792

dallaskd
05-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Devin Harris for Kobe.

trueD
05-29-2007, 12:50 AM
How can the league salvage a ratings nightmare and loss of interest in the NBA playoffs? Bring in Kobe and the most celebrated NBA franchise, the Los Angeles Lakers! Make every statement by Kobe top billing. "Kobe wants to be traded", "Kobe wants West or trade me", "Kobe doesn't want to be traded", "Kobe just suggested West should be GM and made no demands", blah, blah, blah..... Once again the league brings in the Lakers even though they're not in the playoffs to save them. Now we have Fans in LA and NY and everywhere following the NBA. Way to go NBA!

Kobe makes the news because he's an ass, pure and simple. That isn't the NBA's fault. "The league" following Kobe around waiting for dumb, ignorant statements because the playoffs are slow is laughable.

Although, the theory wouldn't appear to be a huge waste of time in this instance, because there is a story and it has "Kobe Is An Ass" written all over it. Only problem with the story is how bad it makes him and the Lakers look, and thus how it makes "the league" look.

Oh, Gee!!
05-29-2007, 10:05 AM
maybe we can trade manu for kobe

LakeShow
05-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Kobe makes the news because he's an ass, pure and simple. That isn't the NBA's fault. "The league" following Kobe around waiting for dumb, ignorant statements because the playoffs are slow is laughable.

Although, the theory wouldn't appear to be a huge waste of time in this instance, because there is a story and it has "Kobe Is An Ass" written all over it. Only problem with the story is how bad it makes him and the Lakers look, and thus how it makes "the league" look.

Of course Kobe haters will take these false statements and run with it. If anybody looks bad it's Ric for fabricating a statement. Even in his video attached to his first story, kobe never said hire west or trade me. The league doesn't need any help in looking bad right now, their Conference finals makes them look bad enough!

LakeShow
05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
http://news.kb24.com/#301

May 28 :: 2007
The Truth: I haven't asked for a trade
What's up you all.

Haven't checked in in a while,

I'm sure you guys have been hearing all this and that and are not sure what to think or believe.

The Truth section was created for times such as these.

So here's tha deal:

I have NOT asked to be traded, I don't want to be traded and I have given no ultimatums or demands of being traded.

I love it here in LA, my family loves it here.

I've been a Laker fan my whole life. A REAL Laker fan! I'm talkin Silk Wilks days, and know the history of the Lakers going back to George Mikan era. I WANT to retire a Laker and contend for titles.

It is my opinion that Mr Clutch, one of the greatest GMs the game has ever seen would b able to get us to back to that level sooner rather than later.

If he is available, then it makes sense to give him the reigns and let him do what he does BEST. I KNOW I can trust him to build us an elite team.

I'm tired of losing and I'm sure you guys are tired of it as well.

Now is the time to step up and make some things happen. We have all have waited patiently for three years...Let's GO!

- Strength and Honor

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 01:55 PM
"Honor"

:lmao

SRJ
05-29-2007, 02:00 PM
He's such a fan of Laker History that he doesn't even know it's spelled "Wilkes".

I hate the Lakers and I know that.

Soul_Patch
05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
http://news.kb24.com/#301

May 28 :: 2007
The Truth: I haven't asked for a trade
What's up you all.

Haven't checked in in a while,

I'm sure you guys have been hearing all this and that and are not sure what to think or believe.

The Truth section was created for times such as these.

So here's tha deal:

I have NOT asked to be traded, I don't want to be traded and I have given no ultimatums or demands of being traded.

I love it here in LA, my family loves it here.

I've been a Laker fan my whole life. A REAL Laker fan! I'm talkin Silk Wilks days, and know the history of the Lakers going back to George Mikan era. I WANT to retire a Laker and contend for titles.

It is my opinion that Mr Clutch, one of the greatest GMs the game has ever seen would b able to get us to back to that level sooner rather than later.

If he is available, then it makes sense to give him the reigns and let him do what he does BEST. I KNOW I can trust him to build us an elite team.

I'm tired of losing and I'm sure you guys are tired of it as well.

Now is the time to step up and make some things happen. We have all have waited patiently for three years...Let's GO!

- Strength and Honor

what a tool.

I seriously wouldnt trade beno for this asshat...

HE should have went to college to at least get a bit of an education, would have done him some good.

TheNextGen
05-29-2007, 04:26 PM
what a tool.

I seriously wouldnt trade beno for this asshat...

Riiiiiiggght. I bet you'd be the first one in the "welcome to SA Kobe!" bandwagon.