PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M Big 12 Baseball Champs

johngateswhiteley
05-27-2007, 05:15 PM
:elephant

http://www.aggieathletics.com/index.php?SID=MBA

...and we are hosting a regional, sweet.

johngateswhiteley
05-27-2007, 08:07 PM
srhusker,
...no comments about A&M hosting a regional?

leemajors
05-27-2007, 08:31 PM
damn that's 3 regionals in texas this year - UT, A&M, Rice.

MajorMike
05-27-2007, 09:44 PM
May 27, 2007

Kendall Rogers
Rivals.com College Baseball Editor

Rivals.com Tourney Central
Tournament Scoreboard
Rivals.com Tourney Tracker
Rivals.com Top 25

It's Regional host selection time, which means some will be happy while others enter the postseason disappointed with not earning a host.

Louisiana-Lafayette and Texas A&M present a polar opposite of emotions.

The Ragin' Cajuns put together one of the most impressive overall records in college baseball, while the Aggies lost just two non-conference games.

On Sunday, the Cajuns were snubbed as a host while Texas A&M earned a host.

Luke Anders and the Aggies welcome a Regional host.

"As the committee, we're committed to doing what we can to make things work from a geographic standpoint," NCAA committee chairman Larry Templeton said. "Louisiana-Lafayette was discussed, but geography hurt them a bit. Texas A&M wasn't at the front of the line, but they were on the board."

Surprising to some, it appears the Aggies entered the Big 12 Tournament as a favorite to host – quite the opposite of what we initially thought. Meanwhile, Louisiana-Lafayette's title game loss to New Orleans in the Sun Belt Tournament hurt its chances.

Interestingly enough, Wichita State was granted a host despite losing the Missouri Valley title game to Creighton.

"Louisiana-Lafayette was a team we spent much time on, but when the dust settled losing its conference title game to New Orleans was a knock against them," Templeton said. "Facility was never a concern with the Ragin' Cajuns."

Templeton also discussed Wichita State's host.

"The biggest advantage for Wichita State was its geographic location," he said. "When we looked at possible sites, it was tough to find teams with the ability to host in the Midwest and Northeast."

Looking at the Aggies, there was some doubt about their Regional hosting chances entering the conference tournament with a .500 conference record and a fifth place finish in the league standings. However, some might be surprised to see where the Aggies stood with the selection committee.

"The Aggies put together an impressive run at the Big 12 Tournament, so that certainly helped their case," Templeton said. "In addition, the Aggies had one of the best non-conference records in the country and their geographic location helped."

The Aggies finished non-conference play with a 28-2 record and didn't lose a single midweek game.

There was some speculation on our part that the Aggies might be sent to TCU. But upon further review, geographic location hurt the Horned Frogs.

"TCU was a strong consideration, but geography hurt them," Templeton said. "If we could, we would've picked a few more host sites, but we can't. Several of the proposals we received this year were much larger than in previous years."

MajorMike
05-27-2007, 09:46 PM
May 27, 2007

Kendall Rogers
Rivals.com College Baseball Editor

With conference tournaments coming to a close, the Road to Omaha has officially begun with the NCAA's announcement of the 16 Regional host sites Sunday afternoon.

There were few surprises as hosts, but Wichita State and Texas A&M earning hosts did raise a few eyebrows.

The Shockers put together an impressive overall record, but lacked marquee wins. Meanwhile, Texas A&M finished .500 and was fifth in the Big 12 Conference.

Louisiana-Lafayette was not one of the announced hosts.

johngateswhiteley
05-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Capt. Mike-
...exactly. what the hell was srhusker smoking?

MajorMike
05-28-2007, 08:56 AM
He was mostly correct. No one cares who wins (on a Nat'l level) and UT would have still gotten a regional if they had gone 0-3. Baseball post season is nothing like the Basketball or Football. I would venture to say that atm would have gotten a regional anyway with their .500 record.

Why? RPI.

johngateswhiteley
05-28-2007, 09:14 AM
He was mostly correct. No one cares who wins (on a Nat'l level) and UT would have still gotten a regional if they had gone 0-3. Baseball post season is nothing like the Basketball or Football. I would venture to say that atm would have gotten a regional anyway with their .500 record.

Why? RPI.

every time i think you've turned the corner, you say something ridiculous.

A&M would not be hosting a regional if they had not won the tourney.

Ballcox
05-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Just to help you out there jgw, you guys are not the Big XII champs, you're the Big XII tournament champs, congrats.

You got swept by us when it actually meant something, and the back to back Big XII championship trophies are sitting in Austin, Texas. Get your fucking facts straight for once.

And also pray to God you don't have to face us in the college world series, if you guys even get that far. :lol

MajorMike
05-28-2007, 12:19 PM
every time i think you've turned the corner, you say something ridiculous.

A&M would not be hosting a regional if they had not won the tourney.

atm has been top 10 in RPI all year. That's the reason they have been ranked, even after losing the series to every team above them in the B12.

johngateswhiteley
05-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Just to help you out there jgw, you guys are not the Big XII champs, you're the Big XII tournament champs, congrats.

You got swept by us when it actually meant something, and the back to back Big XII championship trophies are sitting in Austin, Texas. Get your fucking facts straight for once.

And also pray to God you don't have to face us in the college world series, if you guys even get that far. :lol

eat shit. we beat you when it mattered...and now we are Big 12 Champions. deal with it.

K-State Spur
05-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Actually, he's right. A&M is big 12 tournament champions. Basketball and baseball have separate championships. Football has one (whoever wins the championship game is THE champion, no qualifiers).

StylisticS
05-28-2007, 11:34 PM
eat shit. we beat you when it mattered...and now we are Big 12 Champions. deal with it.

on the big 12 website....it will list TEXAS as big 12 champions. It's more impressive to win the regular season championship than some sorry ass money making conference tournament.

Texas = Big 12 Championsips
aggies= Big 12 TOURNAMENT champions

johngateswhiteley
05-29-2007, 05:57 AM
on the big 12 website....it will list TEXAS as big 12 champions. It's more impressive to win the regular season championship than some sorry ass money making conference tournament.

t.u. = Big 12 regular season Championsips
Aggies= Big 12 Champions

whatever helps you sleep at night.

Ballcox
05-29-2007, 08:55 AM
^I knowing being wrong the majority of the time helps you sleep, so you should be out like a rock tonight. And I know even in your demented little world you understand the difference between a regular season champ and a tournament champ.

You can now stop sucking your thumb and grow up, it's ok-you have permission!

degenerate_gambler
05-29-2007, 09:21 AM
here's the deal...

little brother aggy played well this past weekend and won the tourney and in the process beat big brother finally.

now aggy actually has a chance to make a trip to the Omaha for the first time since 1999, a place UT knows very well having won 2 NC's in this decade alone.

knowing aggy, they'll find a way to fuck it up...they always do don't they?

StylisticS
05-29-2007, 11:51 AM

Or whatever makes the big 12 sleep at night, right? They are the ones that will claim Texas as Big 12 Champions because they believe the regular season championship is much better than some conference tourney that's only alive for money and for teams that wants to host a regional or make it in the field. Take it up with them. Not anyone else on this board. I wonder if the people on Texags are as indenial as you.

Holmes_Fans
05-29-2007, 09:14 PM
People on texags are worse

beachbarbie948
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
People on texags are worse

I don't think TexAgs is so bad. I think though that some of the most vocal people on there don't want to hear anything that's not pumping sunshine about A&M. I'm an Aggie and I got banned by an admin for criticizing Fran one time...they thought I was a troll or something. I went back though and most of the people on there are cool....most, but not all.

MajorMike
05-30-2007, 08:47 AM

....didn't you just say (when you were predicting atm would win in basketball) that winning the regular season was the REAL championship that was coveted?

Ballcox
05-30-2007, 11:24 AM
jgw not being consistent? Are you crazy!? :lol

johngateswhiteley
05-31-2007, 12:42 AM
....didn't you just say (when you were predicting atm would win in basketball) that winning the regular season was the REAL championship that was coveted?

i did say that it was a more important championship, i think. so? i can't rub it in these t-sips faces? and, obviously, its important as well.

johngateswhiteley
05-31-2007, 12:42 AM
jgw not being consistent? Are you crazy!? :lol

i am consistent.

BeerIsGood!
05-31-2007, 12:59 AM
who cares? All that matters is who's in Omaha and who wins the last game. UT and Rice have a long coming battle in the making me thinks...

Ballcox
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
i am consistent.

Yeah, consistently full of shit. Look, go ahead and prop your ags as much as you want for winning the Big XII tournament, but don't go around spouting out bullshit about the ags being Bix XII champs, they're not, we are for the second year in a row.

Thos trophies also look nice next to our 2 national championship trophies that Garrido has won. How many you guys got in baseball?

Oh, that's right, NONE. Enjoy your little tournament trophy, I think you can get about 5 dollars for it down at the local pawn shop. :lol

Holmes_Fans
05-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Texas has won one less national championships in baseball this century than A&M has ever in any sport. Yes, have fun rubbing it in Texas' face lol.

RonMexico
06-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Hahahaha --- aggy wins Big 12 Tourney.... rofl rofl rofl.

Bigger ROFL is that LaMarcus Aldridge is now the most worthless player on the Blazers' roster.

Next big ROFL is that UT fans must downplay a TAMU victory in order to make themselves feel better about their team choking when it mattered. Hilarious that a sweep earlier in the B12 season matters more than turning it on when it counts.

RonMexico
06-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Oh yeah, A&M had a terrible season last year in baseball and they bounce back to win B12 tourney and host a regional... can't rip on that too much when the program has been irrelevant for years.

leemajors
06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Next big ROFL is that UT fans must downplay a TAMU victory in order to make themselves feel better about their team choking when it mattered. Hilarious that a sweep earlier in the B12 season matters more than turning it on when it counts.

that sweep more than likely locked them in as a top 8 seed. there was nothing to choke for in the big12 tourney, was there?

degenerate_gambler
06-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh yeah, A&M had a terrible season last year in baseball and they bounce back to win B12 tourney and host a regional... can't rip on that too much when the program has been irrelevant for years.

amazing what a couple of JUCO's will do for you.

but they've had a nice year so far and they've got a very good 1-2 punch in Nicholson and Newman, which you absolutely have to have to get to Omaha.

A&M's problem will be what it's been all year long...the bully. And you have to have a reliable pitcher or two down there to make any noise at all in the CWS.

leemajors
06-02-2007, 11:40 PM
now today was an example of losing when it matters.

MajorMike
06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
now today was an example of losing when it matters.

For whom? Both atm and UT lost... at home.

leemajors
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
For whom? Both atm and UT lost... at home.
i hadn't seen the a&m score when i posted that.

MajorMike
06-04-2007, 11:50 AM
UT not out of woods yet. Well, neither is atm, but UT in a world of hurt.

leemajors
06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
the lack of coverage of college baseball is amazing. you can't hardly find it on espn, but the cstv game trackers are pretty nice.

degenerate_gambler
06-04-2007, 01:36 PM
UT imploding right now...

stick a fork in 'em.

BeerIsGood!
06-04-2007, 02:57 PM
who cares? All that matters is who's in Omaha and who wins the last game. UT and Rice have a long coming battle in the making me thinks...

Guess that shows how much college baseball I watch. UT decides to suck at wrong time, props to UC Irvine (whoever the hell they are) for extending their season.

RonMexico
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Guess that shows how much college baseball I watch. UT decides to suck at wrong time, props to UC Irvine (whoever the hell they are) for extending their season.

That's exactly what I said - now A&M hasn't started playing yet, but going from .500 and 5th in the conference to tourney champs, hosting a regional and possibly winning tonight - it's a little better than you all made it out to be.

leemajors
06-04-2007, 08:05 PM
k. russell totally disappeared.

johngateswhiteley
06-05-2007, 12:16 AM
eat shit t.u. and go A&M!

johngateswhiteley
06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
wait, where are all the t.u. fans? like i said, eat shit...cock suckers.

Beaverfuzz
06-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah, eat shit you cock suckers.

Pac-10 has 3 out of their 4 teams who made the playoffs advance to the Super Regionals, if only Arizona had won another game.

leemajors
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
wait, where are all the t.u. fans? like i said, eat shit...cock suckers.
we're all riding mopeds like you!

johngateswhiteley
06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
we're all riding mopeds like you!

i love me some motorcycles...

RonMexico
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I can't wait for the mookie - "hahaha, aggy advances to super regional... UT doesn't even want any of that... dumb aggy can have real success while we can gloat about sweeping them in the regular season... hahaha aggy aggy aggy"

Willinsa
06-11-2007, 01:10 AM
OOPS, cancel the aggy trip to the CWS. How many times in the last 5 yrs have they been to the CWS, and how many has Texas gone too?