PDA

View Full Version : A Spurs win tomorrow

Walton Buys Off Me
05-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Will go down as one of my personal top five all-time victories. Watching the Jazz kick us in the balls last night brought back some nasty memories that made me sick to my stomach and made me realize that the Lakers and the Mavs aren't shit compared to these guys. The Jazz are our nemesis, always have been and until we finally win in Salt Lake City, always will be.

A series win over these guys completes me a Spurs basketball fan and I can retire a happy son-of-a-bitch.

The Spurs need to get this game tomorrow. For me, at least who just simply cannot bear to witness another playoff loss in Utah.

slayermin
05-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I would feel much better about tomorrow if we had an enforcer like Kevin Willis or Tony Massenburg on the bench ready to lay some wood on Boozer and Williams.

Ely or Butler would be perfect. But instead, we have two point guards with limited talents when we need at least one more player with some girth.

deepsouth
05-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Dont worry wbom, spurs will winn tomorrow by 30.
Mark my words.

slayermin
05-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Mark my words.

We are not going to win by 30.

Capt Bringdown
05-27-2007, 08:50 PM
A win tommorow and this series is virtually in the can.
A loss and we're almost in "anything can happen" land, given the Spurs inability to win playoff games in Utah.

TampaDude
05-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Spurs in 5. Book it.

Budkin
05-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I want to beat the shit out of the Jazz but I'll be just as happy if we win by 1.

dmac
05-27-2007, 09:44 PM
...will make the perfect end to my birthday!:king

T Park
05-27-2007, 09:47 PM
I'll be shocked if the Spurs win tommarow.

jazz4life
05-27-2007, 09:55 PM
I Would Bet My Left Nut That The Jazz Will Kill The Spurs Monday!!

jag
05-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Mark my words.

:drunk ?

win? hopefully...30? naw

Fast Dunk
05-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Will go down as one of my personal top five all-time victories. Watching the Jazz kick us in the balls last night brought back some nasty memories that made me sick to my stomach and made me realize that the Lakers and the Mavs aren't shit compared to these guys. The Jazz are our nemesis, always have been and until we finally win in Salt Lake City, always will be.

A series win over these guys completes me a Spurs basketball fan and I can retire a happy son-of-a-bitch.

The Spurs need to get this game tomorrow. For me, at least who just simply cannot bear to witness another playoff loss in Utah.

Get used to lose bitch

Fast Dunk
05-28-2007, 01:27 AM

Kill yourself

Fast Dunk
05-28-2007, 01:28 AM
Spurs in 5. Book it.

Loser

get ready to lose...don't book

Fast Dunk
05-28-2007, 01:29 AM
Mark my words.
Go play soccer

Kori Ellis
05-28-2007, 01:34 AM
"Fast Dunk" - please come up with some better contributions. Thanks.

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 02:27 AM
A ton of Spurs fans seem to be automatically assuming they will have a bounce back win in game 4, yet I'm not seeing a lot of reasons being listed as to why.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Spurs could win the game if Utah doesn't bring their best effort, but I'd like to know why so much confidence on the Spurs side considering that:

-Jazz have yet to lose at home in Playoffs.
-Spurs have yet to EVER win a Playoff game in Utah.
-Spurs have yet to win in SLC this season (0-3)
-Spurs "mailed in" almost the entire 2nd half of game 3.

What I'm looking for is some acutal reasoning as opposed to the all too common: "Spurs in 5, book it".

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 02:28 AM
I think the Spurs could win the game if Utah doesn't bring their best effort.

Beno Udrih
05-28-2007, 02:29 AM
spurs in 5 book it.

AnkleBreaker21
05-28-2007, 02:58 AM
We are not going to win by 30.
:lol :lol its going to be close

Sense
05-28-2007, 03:04 AM
A ton of Spurs fans seem to be automatically assuming they will have a bounce back win in game 4, yet I'm not seeing a lot of reasons being listed as to why.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Spurs could win the game if Utah doesn't bring their best effort, but I'd like to know why so much confidence on the Spurs side considering that:

What I'm looking for is some acutal reasoning as opposed to the all too common: "Spurs in 5, book it".

You have to realize that it doesn't really matter if the Jazz have yet to lose... in the playoffs... because its just that.. the playoffs. The fact that the Spurs haven't won in Utah in a playoff game doesn't say much for the preset. and you have to throw away the season stats too... this is obviously a different spurs team than the one they saw during the season.

Idk.. I guess we're just probably cocky and arrogant... thats why we say Spurs in 5 or what not...

Fast Dunk
05-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Fact of the matter is that this series is going to last for a while..

5 Games? give me a break!!!

6 or 7 are likely

BUMP
05-28-2007, 05:12 AM
fact of the matter is, Jazzfan, that you may have a pretty good home record, but its a lot worse for you, because you guys have lost 18 straight in San Antonio. im pretty sure the Spurs streak in your town isnt nearly as bad. you guys are the ones that have to win atleast one road game.

Spurs in 6. book it

mikejones99
05-28-2007, 05:18 AM
Spurs are a one point underdog tonight

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2007, 05:20 AM
isnt deron williams out with a stomache virus?

RADECK
05-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Spurs in 5!

GrandeDavid
05-28-2007, 07:28 AM
I Would Bet My Left Nut That The Jazz Will Kill The Spurs Monday!!

Please do! Then your left nut can join the Bodies The Exhibition world tour.

http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/

GrandeDavid
05-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Get used to lose bitch

So what are you really trying to say, aside from the fact that if you are indeed from Cleveland you are a live testament to the utter collapse of their public school system?

GrandeDavid
05-28-2007, 07:44 AM

I hear you. Many fans, including myself, tend to just post the "Spurs in 5" blast without more substance. Let me address your points, which will reveal my optimism toward tonight's game:

1. The Jazz have yet to lose in the playoffs, but they faced Houston and Golden State. Saturday's game against San Antonio was a statistical must win. No way the Jazz would come back from down 0-3. Having an off night with Duncan in foul trouble, the Spurs were still up 4 at the half.

2. The Spurs are 0-1 in Utah in the playoffs. The other 8 losses were from a different era. Yeah, Tim was on the team in 1998, but he was a rookie playing on a badly sprained ankle and not one player from that team remains, and if they did, they'd be a dinosaur.

3. Spurs have yet to win in SLC this season. True. But there's a first for everything. Recently the Spurs won like 18 straight against Utah. Sure, they were a different team, but obviously Duncan, Parker and Ginobili can win in any arena, regardless of how hostile. Check the Spurs' recent playoff runs and the numerous big playoff road wins. Tonight will be far from the most difficult if Duncan gets to go to the line for all those arm hacks.

4. The Spurs had an off night in Game 3. Duncan committed stupid fouls. The team was uncharacteristically sloppy in the second half. I consider that more of an anomaly. The Spurs have proven over the the years that they almost always bounce back with stronger performances after a bad loss. But this loss was misleading. Its not like San Antonio was blown out from the tip. They were WINNING by 4 at the half!

Bottom line, I don't see Duncan getting into the same foul trouble, and the rest of the guys should bring a much greater focus. They've already broken the ice, so to speak, and know what to expect from the local fans. The Spurs will show up tonight.

If the Jazz win, it won't really surprise me. It will a little, but the Jazz are at home and its the conference finals. I do expect a much closer game, nonetheless, with the Spurs in position to win it late in the 4th. Hopefully they won't choke!

DarrinS
05-28-2007, 07:54 AM
If Tim get quick fouls and sits half the game, if Pop plays Tony and Vaughn at the same time, if Finley has back spasms and doesn't play much, and if Jazz shoot well from the perimeter, the Jazz will win.

Otherwise, the Spurs win.

I like our odds.

td4mvp21
05-28-2007, 09:53 AM

Spurs are a very good road team. They can win in very hostile environments. Duncan won't necessarily be in foul trouble the whole game if he plays smarter. Our defense is pretty damn good. Expect Pop to tighten the reins this game in the second half. I think the Spurs realize that if they lose this game they are facing a tough situation. Their experience can definitely help them win this one. The Jazz are going to be tough (or maybe they will be overconfident? They are a young team and they are probably excited to get their first win in Utah). They still are the favorites to win this one.

Girasuck
05-28-2007, 10:14 AM
IF (and I bold that for a reason) we win tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see most of the Spurs fans still pick them to win the series in 5 games.

If you look at this series, we've played 2 horrible second quarters, 1 semi bad quarter (game 3 first quarter), and have played just as well or outplayed the Spurs in every other quarter yet this doesn't warrant any respect from most Spurs fans. It's mind-boggling.

GrandeDavid
05-28-2007, 10:15 AM
IF (and I bold that for a reason) we win tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see most of the Spurs fans still pick them to win the series in 5 games.

I guess that doesn't say alot about the regard in which you hold Spurs fans.

td4mvp21
05-28-2007, 10:19 AM

If you look at this series, we've played 2 horrible second quarters, 1 semi bad quarter (game 3 first quarter), and have played just as well or outplayed the Spurs in every other quarter yet this doesn't warrant any respect from most Spurs fans. It's mind-boggling.

The Spurs outplayed the Jazz in:
-The first and second quarters of every game this series.
-They got stops when they had to in the fourth quarters of Games 1 and 2.
-The Spurs defense has been vastly superior to that of the Jazz.
-The Spurs offense has been just as good, if not more efficient than the Jazz.
-The Spurs are up 2-1

That's why we still are picking the Spurs to win the series. The Jazz are an excellent home team, but not a very good road team. Championship caliber teams always are able to win on the road in the playoffs. So far, the Jazz have only won 2 games on the road. Not good. The Jazz can still win the series, but until they do, we are probably going to pick the Spurs. It's just like you are probably pikcing the Jazz :)

MadDog73
05-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Ouch. No, you'll see most Spurs fans convert to "Spurs in 6" IF Utah wins... :rolleyes

Why should Spursfan "respect" you?

You've had a pretty easy time in the Playoffs so far: 1st round matchup with the Houston Chokets.

Lucky Warriors in second round. IMO, Spurs are the first real challenge you've faced. Spurs had won 4 straight playoff games before Game 3, they were bound to lose eventually.

I'm not guaranteeing a Spurs win tonight, but I will be very, very surprised if the Jazz beat the Spurs in the Series. Then they will get my respect.

michaelwcho
05-28-2007, 10:52 AM
One win over the Spurs, no matter how good, does not earn you the respect of a Lakers or the Pistons. You beat two average teams, Houston and GS, to get here. Your respect will come if you take us to the limit or beat us, preferably over a period of several seasons. Otherwise you're just a one-hit wonder.

TampaDude
05-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Spurs haven't lost two in a row so far in the playoffs this year. That streak will continue tonight. Spurs will win tonight. Spurs in 5. Done deal. Book it and take it to the bank.

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Championship caliber teams always are able to win on the road in the playoffs. So far, the Jazz have only won 2 games on the road. Not good.

A little misleading. While the Jazz have only won 2 road games this playoff season, they broke through and got a road win in each series. If you can win 1 road game each series, you are doing your job. I believe they are closer to getting over the mental block that they have for some reason when it comes to playing in San Antonio.

Not quite predicting a series victory, but I will stand by what I've been saying: Spurs fans better hope for a game 4 victory, because if Utah manages to tie this series up, your going to be in a bigger dog fight than most of you want to admit.

duncan228
05-28-2007, 11:36 AM
... your going to be in a bigger dog fight than most of you want to admit.

Duncan said they knew it was going to be a dog fight after game 2.
No surprise, whether the Jazz tie it up or not.

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2007, 11:41 AM

What happened to that optimism, TPark?

baseline bum
05-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Spurs by 5. As long as Duncan can stay out of foul trouble the Spurs should win tonight.

td4mvp21
05-28-2007, 12:22 PM
A little misleading. While the Jazz have only won 2 road games this playoff season, they broke through and got a road win in each series. If you can win 1 road game each series, you are doing your job. I believe they are closer to getting over the mental block that they have for some reason when it comes to playing in San Antonio.

Not quite predicting a series victory, but I will stand by what I've been saying: Spurs fans better hope for a game 4 victory, because if Utah manages to tie this series up, your going to be in a bigger dog fight than most of you want to admit.

It's not misleading at all. Utah plays worse on the road, noticeably worse, and cannot win with consistency. Their regular season record was 20-21 and their playoff record is 2-6. You are fooling yourself if you think the Jazz are a good road team. The 1-1 record against Golden State was good, but the 1-3 against Houston? Not too good. They can steal a game in San Antonio, no doubt, but that doesn't make them a good road team.

Martin R
05-28-2007, 12:34 PM
according to Manu, Popovich has never been so MAD after a loss. They spent 3 hours watching videos of last game, specially edited for each player. He really was ALL OVER each of them.
I guess they had enough and they will fight their ass out tonight.

MadDog73
05-28-2007, 12:36 PM
according to Manu, Popovich has never been so MAD after a loss. They spent 3 hours watching videos of last game, specially edited for each player. He really was ALL OVER each of them.
I guess they had enough and they will fight their ass out tonight.

Where did you read that? I thought Pop didn't show film, or even practice yesterday.

duncan228
05-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Where did you read that? I thought Pop didn't show film, or even practice yesterday.

That's what I've heard too.

From the Ludden article:

SALT LAKE CITY — The Spurs gathered one by one in the ballroom at their hotel Sunday afternoon: Tim Duncan sporting a welt under his right eye; Michael Finley slowed by his sore back; Fabricio Oberto and his bandaged right wrist; and another dozen or so bruised egos settling into their chairs.
Gregg Popovich didn't have to look too deep into his audience to know the Spurs had absorbed enough of a beating for one 14-hour period. Making them watch film of their most lopsided loss in nearly two years, he said, would merely add to the torture.
"It's tough to watch a massacre," Finley said. "Especially when you're the ones being decapitated."

Rather than rewind their way through the 109-83 defeat, the Spurs instead discussed what they did wrong and, more importantly, what they'll need to do better against the Utah Jazz when the Western Conference finals resume tonight at EnergySolutions Arena.

Martin R
05-28-2007, 12:48 PM

Simple answer.

- Because Spurs are a better team.
- Because they have way more playoff experience than the Jazz.
- Because Spurs have HCA.
- Because we are the best on road playoff team of the NBA of the last 5 years.

need more?

- Spurs only need to win 2 out of the next 4. Jazz need to get 3 out of 4.

need more?

watch the game tonight and you'll get it.

Martin R
05-28-2007, 12:49 PM

Manu told me. But maybe I get it wrong. He told me they were discussing on every play of game 3 and they did it during 3 hour time.
My bad. I thought they had reviewed it on DVD. (can't find a way to do it differently)

smeagol
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Manu told me. But maybe I get it wrong. He told me they were discussing on every play of game 3 and they did it during 3 hour time.
My bad. I thought they had reviewed it on DVD. (can't find a way to do it differently)
Nice!

Direct line to Manu!

zrinkill
05-31-2007, 07:35 PM

This bitch disappeared quickly .....

GrandeDavid
05-31-2007, 07:41 PM
This bitch disappeared quickly .....

Uh, yeah! :lol