PDA

View Full Version : Do these numbers concern you Spurs fans?

Dipship31
05-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Game 1:

FG% discrepancy - +12% Spurs
Final score discrepancy - +8 Spurs

Game 2:

FG% discrepancy - +11% Spurs
Final score discrepancy - +9 Spurs

Game 3:

FG% discrepancy - +9% Jazz
Final score discrepancy - +26 Jazz

I'm not looking to bash here just pointing out some numbers that would concern me if I was a Spurs fan. I know a lot of those points in Game 3 were garbage, but when the teams were still trying we were up 20. Just wondering if you guys would be concerned if both teams shoot a similar FG%?

jazz4life
05-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Oh Go Climb Back On The Tullip Truck You Pansy!!your One Of Those Guys Who Sits By Me At The Game With Your Thumb Up Your Ass And Wont Even Stand Up!!!!!!!!!1

ducks
05-27-2007, 11:21 PM
no
what concerns is spurs think they do not have to play 48 minutes anymore
they need to against the pistons

twincam
05-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Do these numbers "concern" you?

Spurs 2

Jazz 1

texbound
05-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Honestly, I would be concerned if the Spurs were down 2-1. I'm not trying to be a smartass, but all that matters is who wins. Jazz won game 3 by a wide margin, but it's still only 1 win. I'll throw out another stat, the Pistons averaged 86.7 pts while the Spurs averaged 84.8 for the finals in 2005. Who won the title again?

Dipship31
05-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Spurs 2

Jazz 1

Obviously, but it's not impossible at all as we were able to handle it just 3 weeks ago. Again I didn't post these to bash, just saying if my team was on the other end of it I'd be just a bit concerned.

Leetonidas
05-27-2007, 11:31 PM
A lot of that has to do with Tim getting into early foul trouble. A lot of the Spurs' offense is predicated on Tim Duncan being out there. He opens up the lane, he closes the lane on defense, he passes to shooters, and he scores. Not having for the majority of the game killed us.

lemming
05-27-2007, 11:33 PM
i think it's more a function of the spurs being up bigger early than anything else. Utah started to roll with duncan on the bench, and when he did get back in the game it was hard to stop the bleeding.

texbound
05-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Obviously, but it's not impossible at all as we were able to handle it just 3 weeks ago. Again I didn't post these to bash, just saying if my team was on the other end of it I'd be just a bit concerned.

You're right, it's not impossible for the Jazz to come back. However, please don't compare the Spurs to the Tracy McGrady led Rockets. That current collection of players has never made it passed the first round.

dbreiden83080
05-27-2007, 11:34 PM
no
what concerns is spurs think they do not have to play 48 minutes anymore
they need to against the pistons

The Pistons have sucked against the Cavs so far, they are not as good as they were in 2005. The Cavs should be up 3-0 in that series.

Dipship31
05-27-2007, 11:35 PM
i think it's more a function of the spurs being up bigger early than anything else. Utah started to roll with duncan on the bench, and when he did get back in the game it was hard to stop the bleeding.

They were definitely within striking distance though. I was very impressed with most of our 2nd unit at the start of the 4th. You guys still had TD and Manu out there I believe and we were somehow able to extend the lead.

BoozerLooms
05-27-2007, 11:36 PM

Spurs 2

Jazz 1

Those number concern me. Being down 2 to one against one of the premier teams in the league without home court advantage?? Yes, I'm quite concerned. I think the Jazz can do it but as I've said before it will all depend on whose bench shows up. Saturday the Jazz bench showed up.

ducks
05-27-2007, 11:36 PM
pistons are coasting and so are the spurs
they know they will face each other and are saving their a game to face either

FromWayDowntown
05-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't find the numbers so alarming. I thought that Utah's shooting percentage in Game 3 didn't really reflect how well they shot the ball for the bulk of that game. That is to say, the overall percentage is significantly deflated by how poorly they shot in the first quarter. I didn't go back and calculate the number, but it seems to me that the Jazz shot well above 60% in the 2nd half of Game 3. Even when the Spurs were running out to big leads in Games 1 & 2, they weren't shooting THAT kind of a percentage. If a team is going to make 60+% of its shots for more than half the game, there isn't much the opponent can do to win or even to stay close. The Jazz shot it well and the Spurs capitulated to the Jazz offense with a lack of defensive energy and effort in the 2nd half.

As I've said elsewhere, if the Jazz shoot 60+% in subsequent second halves and outscore the Spurs by 30 in those halves, I think the Spurs will have major problems. If the Spurs can only end up +1 in the Duncan shots-to-turnovers comparison, they're unlikely to win. If the Spurs choose not to challenge the defense and force Utah to foul or make plays, they're going to struggle.

Game 4 will be interesting.

Chris
05-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Jazz got some homecourt cookin' for Game 3 so the numbers don't concern me at all. What should concern you is how the Spurs respond to losing a game, whether it be regular season or playoffs, it's almost always a "W". Throw in the fact we've never won a playoff game in Utah, and that's all the incentive for the Spurs to completely work your team come Game 4.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2007, 12:15 AM
pistons are coasting and so are the spurs
they know they will face each other and are saving their a game to face either

With Ben Wallace off their team they don't play the post D they used too. Duncan will go off in that series, like he was not able to in 05.

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 12:32 AM
As a Jazz fan, I am concerned about being down 2-1, but unlike most Spur fans, I feel the Jazz have a wonderful shot at winning game 4.

There is an issue that would concern me if I was a Spurs fan: Utah has outplayed SA in each and every 2nd half of this series so far. It's not a fluke people. If it happened once, it obviously would have no bearing, but it's been a constant. Pop is a great coach, but IMO, Sloan and Co are doing a better job at half-time adjustments and the numbers tend to show that.

What that tells me is that if Utah is within single digits of the Spurs at the half (be it home or away), they are going to have the confidence to finish out a game.

In all seriousness, and I'm not talking shit or anything: If I were a Spurs fan, I would be praying they find a way to pull out game 4 because if not, I really believe that Utah becomes an extremely dangerous team as far as the Spurs are concerned.

Chris
05-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Pop is a great coach, but IMO, Sloan and Co are doing a better job at half-time adjustments and the numbers tend to show that.

No the Spurs just have the tendency to let off the gas in the 3rd and 4th quarter when they are dominating. There aren't any half time adjustments Master Sloan is making, just Pop throwin in scrubs to give his big 3 rest.

twincam
05-28-2007, 12:47 AM
As a Jazz fan, I am concerned about being down 2-1, but unlike most Spur fans, I feel the Jazz have a wonderful shot at winning game 4.

There is an issue that would concern me if I was a Spurs fan: Utah has outplayed SA in each and every 2nd half of this series so far. It's not a fluke people. If it happened once, it obviously would have no bearing, but it's been a constant. Pop is a great coach, but IMO, Sloan and Co are doing a better job at half-time adjustments and the numbers tend to show that.

What that tells me is that if Utah is within single digits of the Spurs at the half (be it home or away), they are going to have the confidence to finish out a game.

In all seriousness, and I'm not talking shit or anything: If I were a Spurs fan, I would be praying they find a way to pull out game 4 because if not, I really believe that Utah becomes an extremely dangerous team as far as the Spurs are concerned.

Well atleast you're mature about it...I'll give you that. Welcome to the boards

dbreiden83080
05-28-2007, 12:48 AM

Game 2 you did not outplay the Spurs in the 2nd half. Everytime they needed a big hoop they got it you never had a shot at winning game 2.

slayermin
05-28-2007, 01:27 AM
If point differential was a factor in winning the series, I would be concerned.

But it's not, so no.

makedamnsure
05-28-2007, 01:55 AM
not really. I only care about 2 and 1 right now. oh and 4. that's become my favorite number.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 02:12 AM
http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 02:15 AM
No the Spurs just have the tendency to let off the gas in the 3rd and 4th quarter when they are dominating. There aren't any half time adjustments Master Sloan is making, just Pop throwin in scrubs to give his big 3 rest.

Ok, first of all, I didn't insinuate that Sloan was a "master". I merely said my OPINION was that he was doing a better job of making half time adjustments. Utah has outscored SA in every 2nd half- the numbers support my opinion.

Your answer to this is that the Spurs "let off the gas" when they are dominating. This reasoning is flawed for a couple of reasons:

- Did they let off the gas after halftime in game 3? They only had a small lead, and certainly weren't dominating, so they really wouldn't have a reason to let off the gas now would they?

- If they indeed are "letting off the gas", one must wonder why. Bird's Celtics, Magic's Lakers and MJ's Bulls were all what you might call dynastys, and when they had somebody down, they kept them down. If San Antonio is mentally capable of letting opponents back into games, that's just the sort of hope Utah fans need.

If I were a Spurs fan, I would hope that the 2nd half surges in this series have more to do with Utah fighting back into the game as opposed to San Antonio coasting. IMO, that would show a mental weakness in your supposed "tough" team.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Did they let off the gas after halftime in game 3? They only had a small lead, and certainly weren't dominating, so they really wouldn't have a reason to let off the gas now would they?Right. Duncan was just taken out of the game. That's all.
If they indeed are "letting off the gas", one must wonder why. They get complacent. if you watched them at all the last four years you'd know they routinely let teams back into games.
If I were a Spurs fanYou aren't, so don't tell us how to think.

Fast Dunk
05-28-2007, 02:21 AM
touchy?

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm always this way.

So go fuck yourself.

Displaced Spurs Fan
05-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

I'm not looking to bash here just pointing out some numbers that would concern me if I was a Spurs fan. I know a lot of those points in Game 3 were garbage, but when the teams were still trying we were up 20. Just wondering if you guys would be concerned if both teams shoot a similar FG%?

Yes, they do a bit. But the Spurs are resilient and Pop is better than any other coach at making adjustments. Look for the Spurs to be as tough as ever for game 4. If I was a Jazz fan, I would be worried about what the Spurs are going to bring for Game 4.

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Right. Duncan was just taken out of the game. That's all.

Utah made their biggest run while Duncan was ON THE FLOOR.

Next excuse please.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 02:38 AM
Utah made their biggest run while Duncan was ON THE FLOOR.In foul trouble.
Next excuse please.Jazz are a good team.

I know that's a lame excuse.

Now fuck off.

ATXSPUR
05-28-2007, 02:44 AM
The Pistons have sucked against the Cavs so far, they are not as good as they were in 2005. The Cavs should be up 3-0 in that series.
Detroit stills scares me. They looked like crap against the heat in 05. But those guys have a way of turning on the magic switch. Us Spurs fans should know.

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 02:44 AM
In foul trouble.Jazz are a good team.

I know that's a lame excuse.

Now fuck off.

Before this series started, I had a lot of respect for Spurs fans. Now, I still respect most Spurs fans, but you my friend are quite the little cunt.

And a retarded one at that. I can just imagine all of the intelligent Spurs fans reading your posts and collectively slapping their foreheads.

I know as a Jazz fan, I hate seeing some idiot spewing pure retardation out of his mouth in the name of the Utah Jazz. What are ya gonna do though? Every fanbase seems to have a few village idiots.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Before this series started, I had a lot of respect for Spurs fans. Now, I still respect most Spurs fans, but you my friend are quite the little cunt.Thanks, frontrunner. That means absolutely nothing coming from you.
And a retarded one at that. I can just imagine all of the intelligent Spurs fans reading your posts and collectively slapping their foreheads.They're probably laughing.
I know as a Jazz fan, I hate seeing some idiot spewing pure retardation out of his mouth in the name of the Utah Jazz. What are ya gonna do though? Every fanbase seems to have a few village idiots.It would help if you didn't acknowledge me and show me the attention I crave by responding, dumbass.

Thanks again. You complete me.

jazzman12
05-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Thanks, frontrunner. That means absolutely nothing coming from you.They're probably laughing.It would help if you didn't acknowledge me and show me the attention I crave by responding, dumbass.

Thanks again. You complete me.

Over 24,000 posts and I'm sure not one of them is worth a shit.

Go take a shower, clean yourself up, step away from your computer for just a few hours and try to get some pussy. You'll find out that it is much more fun than sitting at your computer racking up over 24,000 posts.

Ok, I've grown tired of you and I'm going to sleep now. See you after a game 4 loss for the Spurs!

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 02:59 AM
Over 24,000 posts and I'm sure not one of them is worth a shit. You read them all?
Go take a shower, clean yourself up, step away from your computer for just a few hours and try to get some pussy.I got some pussy quite recently. Now own up to the fact you were trying to make a joke about it or shut the fuck up. Come on. Do it now! :madrun :madrun :madrun

SAGambler
05-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Here is a number you might want to think about.

Jazz are home. Practically a must win situation.

And they score 15 whole points the first quarter.

If the Spurs put up their normal 25 - 30 first quarter points, Jazz are already down double digits and probably the fight is over.

Russ
05-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Duncan -- 3 fouls in the 1st Half.

That (alone) concerns me.

boutons_
05-28-2007, 09:17 AM
3rd seed Jazz had the 6th worst WC road record, under .500 at 20-21 (smells like EC playoff team! :lol ).

That condemning road kill record continues in the playoffs and even worse, as the Jazz go, 2-6 on the playoff road.

When the Spurs bounce back and win tonight, the series will be over, since the Jazz will have to win 2 games @SA to win the series. Ain't gonna happen.

Like Nuggs, Mavs, and Suns trolls, all y'all mofo Jazz trolls get your fishing tackle in order, eat my shit, and go fuck yourselves.

exstatic
05-28-2007, 09:22 AM
For the series, the Suns out shot and outscored us. What mattered was that ol' 4-2 score.

Duncan barely played, so the Jazz got a chance to crawl back all over their offensive glass. Look at the FG attempts.

CubanMustGo
05-28-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm sorry, but even with Duncan out the second half rebounding showed a total lack of effort, poise, and focus. You gotta step up when you're star is struggling (for whatever reason) and the Spurs did not.

ALVAREZ6
05-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

I'm not looking to bash here just pointing out some numbers that would concern me if I was a Spurs fan. I know a lot of those points in Game 3 were garbage, but when the teams were still trying we were up 20. Just wondering if you guys would be concerned if both teams shoot a similar FG%?That's just how the Spurs play. They'll let any team back in it, as long as they win in the end. I would much rather have them kill a team early, blow them out, get scrubs in and rest the starters, but it doesn't happen too often.

DarrinS
05-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I love how Jazz fan keeps pointing out their "26 point" margin of victory as if it means something. It doesn't mean any more than a 1 point victory.

GrandeDavid
05-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Not really concerning to me. It will be if the Spurs get their tails kicked again tonight. But I think Game 3 was a wake up call. I've pretty much thrown stats out the window.

DarrinS
05-28-2007, 10:33 AM
There is an issue that would concern me if I was a Spurs fan: Utah has outplayed SA in each and every 2nd half of this series so far.

And Spurs have outplayed Jazz in the 1st half of each and every game. All that matters is the scoreboard when the clock hits 0:00.

ArgSpursFan
05-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I donīt really care about FG% as I do care about the refs calls.They defenetly want these series to get to 7 games,So I would focus on the spurs home games,cause the way the refs are calling in Utah,its not gonna be the same as in S.A

noles1983
05-28-2007, 11:08 AM
dont compare the spurs to the houston mcgrady's..ever again.... :rolleyes