PDA

View Full Version : RNC Not Down With Dubya in 08

Nbadan
05-28-2007, 02:23 AM
May 27, 2007

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), a loyal supporter of President Bush, indicated Sunday that Republicans will be ready by September to look at bipartisan efforts to draw down the troops that were part of the surge to help secure Baghdad.

“We have to be realistic,” Sessions said on CBS’s Face the Nation. “We have to know that we can’t achieve everything we’d like to achieve. We have a limited number of men and women we can send to Iraq, and we can’t overburden them.”

The senator added that, when General David Petraeus is reporting back on the progress of the surge in September, “I think most of the people in Congress believe, unless something extraordinary occurs, that we should be on a move to draw those surge numbers down.”

Sessions is advocating that the Iraqi government step up its efforts to defend their own country so that the U.S. military can move from a combat role to a support and training role.

Linky (http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/sessions-time-to-draw-down-troops-is-coming-2007-05-27.html)

Should be more like, 'We'll play nice with Dubya now, but if it's him and us going down in 08, it's gonna be him'.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2007, 02:26 AM
You're right.

I don't think George W Bush will get a single vote in 08.

Nbadan
05-28-2007, 02:40 AM
With all the election rigging going on, I still wouldn't be surprised if he won.

boutons_
05-28-2007, 07:43 AM
"I still wouldn't be surprised if he won."

In Ohio, that's a given.