View Full Version : Duncan Says D-Will's College Days Paid Off

duncan228
05-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Some funny stuff in here too.

http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660224675,00.html

Duncan says D-Will's college days paid off

By Loren Jorgensen
Deseret Morning News
San Antonio Spurs power forward Tim Duncan is one of the rare NBA superstars who spent four years playing college basketball. Duncan, a Wake Forest graduate, is a believer that playing several years at the college ranks can help a player develop once he gets to the NBA.
He points to Utah point guard Deron Williams as an example. While Williams didn't go the University of Illinois for the full four years, he did get three years of experience with the Illini — even playing the the national championship game — before entering the NBA draft.
"The experience of having those years in college has really been paying off," said Duncan of Williams. "He's got a good handle on the game and for a young player he has a lot of experience for only being his second year (in the NBA) ... He's obviously played very well against us."
Duncan's teammate Michael Finley agrees.
"(Williams') college career has definitely helped his progress here in the NBA," said Finley, a Wisconsin alum. "He played in the Big 10 Conference — which is the best conference in college basketball. So from that standpoint, he was very mentally prepared to come in and play."
Williams is averaging 30.3 points and 9.0 assists in the three games against the Spurs during the Western Conference finals.
"He's playing with a lot of confidence right now," said Spurs point guard Tony Parker on his Jazz counterpart.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich seems almost resigned to having Williams put up big numbers against his team.
"It looks like (Williams) is replacing (Phoenix's) Amare Stoudemire for us," said Popovich. "In the last couple of series against Phoenix we've held Amare to about 38 a game. It looks like it's going to be holding Deron to 31 or 32 a game."
THE EYES HAVE IT: Duncan showed up to Sunday's interview session with a red, black and blue shiner under his right eye.
"On a rebound someone threw an elbow and hit me in the face," explained Duncan, who simply rolled his eyes when asked if a foul was called on the play. It was reminiscent of the cut Duncan's teammate Manu Ginobili had under his eye earlier in the playoffs.
"Honestly, I thought it was sexy when (Ginobili) had it, so I thought I would try it out," joked Duncan. "I'm just trying to get to his level. I think it's a sexy look."
FINLEY'S BACK: Finley has been playing with a sore back during the playoffs. He re-injured it in practice between Game 2 and Game 3. He scored just three points, 11 below his playoff average, on Saturday.
"It was a little bit painful, but it was bearable," said Finley of playing on Saturday. "I was able to go out and give it my best. Hopefully (Monday) it can be even better ... I should be O.K. It's not that bad."

FOUL TROUBLE: Both of the Spurs' first-team NBA All-Defensive Team members, Duncan and Bruce Bowen got into early foul trouble on Saturday night, which was one reason for San Antonio's 26-point blowout loss
"We started thinking about the officials too much and getting frustrated, and that is always bad for you," said Ginobili.
Bowen agrees that his team needs to needs to get over calls more quickly — even if they don't agree.
"Officials are going to make calls and they are going to miss calls, it's going to happen, during the course of a game and the course of a series," said Bowen. "You still have to play. That's something we didn't do. We didn't play with the energy that we needed."

SURPRISE HERO: It seems the Spurs knew it was going to be the Jazz's night on Saturday when a certain member of Utah's bench knocked down a couple of shots.
"It was just not our game," said Parker. "Everybody was hitting shots on their team — even Jarron Collins." Collins entered the Saturday's game averaging less than a point per outing during the playoffs. He had seven points on Saturday, making two of his three shots from the field an all three of his free throws.

Leetonidas
05-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Sexy look? :lmao

duncan228
05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Sexy look? :lmao

That was great!

duncanchick21
05-28-2007, 01:52 PM
:spin :clap They're bringing sexy back!

florige
05-28-2007, 01:53 PM
The only thing I want to hear about D-Williams from now on is how ineffective he's been since Bowen took over responsibilties on guarding him. The kid is okay don't get me wrong, but the way the media is praising this guy you would think he is the second coming of Nash or something. He is Chris Paul in the WCF nothing more nothing less.

missmyzte
05-28-2007, 01:56 PM
:ttiwwp:

duncan228
05-28-2007, 01:59 PM
:ttiwwp:

Sexy pics?
Of Duncan? Manu?

spursgrl20
05-28-2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.spursdynasty.com/uploaded_images/manuscratch-727400.jpg

Summers