PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the 'Trade Manu' geniuses at now?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Rescued Tim, Tony, and Pop from the fire tonight.

MannyIsGod
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Show me Manu's stat line over the first 3 quarters and tell me again who he rescued?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Show me how many points we were up with your vaunted 4down and 1-4 sets at the end of the third, and show me the final score after we let Manu do his thing for the last 7 minutes of the game.

WalterBenitez
05-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Manu only counts in the 4th q ... the rest is just spending the time :D

T Park
05-28-2007, 10:50 PM
So Pop didn't call any of the iso plays for Ginobili either?

So Ginobili ripped the ball from Parker's hand and said "Fuck pop, Im running the offense" :lol

Martin R
Manu KILLED the Jazz in the 4th. No doubt about that.

He scored 16 of the 28 SA points in the period. He almost outscored the entire JAZZ team (17) in the 4th. WTF.

Solid D
Show me Manu's stat line over the first 3 quarters and tell me again who he rescued?

The stat line in the first 36 minutes doesn't really matter, Manny, if Manu is an offensive difference maker in crunch time against a team that makes a habit of playing great in crunch time.

Robert Horry had a horrible stat line (1 point) prior to hitting a 3 at the end of the third in Game 5 of the Finals vs. Detroit, but he "rescued" the Spurs, no question. It's a fair comparison.

mVp
Manu, the Jazz killer...

IcemanCometh
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
probably hanging out at the same place the "fire pop" geniuses are

spurs1990
Manu is a great player, but his flopping detracts from his game and is frankly embarrasing for the Spurs.

Would love to see SA win a game w/o rampant flopping/complaining on every foul.

WalterBenitez

So Ginobili ripped the ball from Parker's hand and said "Fuck pop, Im running the offense" :lol

Yeah ... Manu told Pop ... Hey Pop... let Tony work in his wedding and let run the team someone with balls :p:

GrandeDavid
Stop rubbing shit in people's faces and enjoy the fucking win. :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 10:53 PM

Yo, circus boy, do you even understand the difference between a 1-4 iso set and a pick and roll?

Question.

upTD
05-28-2007, 10:54 PM

Refs for spurs in 4th, and MANU got free throws. PROPS to MANU

MannyIsGod
05-28-2007, 10:54 PM
The stat line in the first 36 minutes doesn't really matter, Manny, if Manu is an offensive difference maker in crunch time against a team that makes a habit of playing great in crunch time.

Robert Horry had a horrible stat line (1 point) prior to hitting a 3 at the end of the third in Game 5 of the Finals vs. Detroit, but he "rescued" the Spurs, no question. It's a fair comparison.Thats absolutely false Solid. What happens when Manu doesn't bring it early in the game and the game isn't rescueable? The Horry/Manu comparison is like comparing Duncan/Barry; they fill compeltely different roles.

This team needs Manu to bring it the entire game and not just the last six minutes of a game. And its not just about offense, its about all around aggression. The step back jumpers are horrid and I'm flat out sick of them. Manu when he drives is a completely different player than Manu when he waits for his jumper to bail him out.

mattyc
05-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Manu won us the game. Simple as that.

T Park
05-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Yo, circus boy, do you even understand the difference between a 1-4 iso set and a pick and roll?

Question.\

Well first off, I don't work in a circus.

I don't know where you got that from.

Second, yeah I do.

So do you.

Who fucking cares.

The Spurs won.

Enjoy it.

Put your dick back in your pants, quit being a cocksucking asshole, and just fucking enjoy it.

Christ almighty.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I'll give you this Manny, I'm sick of the step back jumpers too. Bottom line though, Manu's role is to finish teams off in the fourth, mission accomplished tonight.

timvp
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Ginobili did what I've been begging him to do since they landed in Utah -- drive the ball to the basket. The Jazz gameplan is to foul you and foul you hard. They weren't going to give up any layup attempts.

Parker going to the line 7 times in the first half and Ginobili going to the line 13 times in the second half is what won the game. The Jazz will foul the hell out of you. You just need to drive it in the lane and give them the chance.

ShoogarBear
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, this thread coming was certainly predictable.

It can't ever be just that Manu had a good game. No, the Church has to denigrate everyone else on the team while doing it.

E20
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Manu stepped up when it most counted. Sure he sucked big in the 1st half, but maybe because he only took 5 shots and didn't have the oppurtunity to take more, that is not the aggressive Manu we know, but when push comes to shove and the Spurs are facing a possible meltdown Manu gears up and plays like there's no tommorow and produced when it really matters.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
\

Well first off, I don't work in a circus.

I don't know where you got that from.

Second, yeah I do.

So do you.

Who fucking cares.

The Spurs won.

Enjoy it.

Put your dick back in your pants, quit being a cocksucking asshole, and just fucking enjoy it.

Christ almighty.

Piss off, simple solution for you is to not read the thread. There were people calling for Manu to be traded during the first round, they deserve to be called out.

MannyIsGod
05-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I'll give you this Manny, I'm sick of the step back jumpers too. Bottom line though, Manu's role is to finish teams off in the fourth, mission accomplished tonight.Hopefully they all come out and finish these fuckers off.

T Park
05-28-2007, 11:03 PM
It can't ever be just that Manu had a good game. No, the Church has to denigrate everyone else on the team while doing it.

Yup.

No props to parker for the great second quarter.

No props to duncan for his defense.

No props to Oberto for rebounding, key baskets, and defense.

Its alllllll manu :lol

AND, he bailed out everyone else.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Thats absolutely false Solid. What happens when Manu doesn't bring it early in the game and the game isn't rescueable? The Horry/Manu comparison is like comparing Duncan/Barry; they fill compeltely different roles.

This team needs Manu to bring it the entire game and not just the last six minutes of a game. And its not just about offense, its about all around aggression. The step back jumpers are horrid and I'm flat out sick of them. Manu when he drives is a completely different player than Manu when he waits for his jumper to bail him out.:tu absolutely! For the first 3 quarters Manu was nowhere to be seen. This is not the Manu its going to take to win this championship. Props for finally showing up in the fourth, but Manu is one of the big three, 1/4 quarters isn't good enough man. I think for the first 3 quarters Manu took it to the rim once... ONCE!! that's just not acceptable, at least not from the Manu I know.

Solid D
You are correct that Manu was not as aggressive as he should be the first 3 quarters, Manny. It was noticeable. The Jazz were sagging and punishing the driver and Manu settled for jumpers. Timmy was off on his game too.

What helped though, was as TP faded in the final quarter, as he often does, Manu and Timmy had to step up. Someone had to lead the team, offensively. They basically took a 1 point lead to a big 3rd win in the series.

Kori Ellis
Spurs fans need to stop arguing like bitches. You see your fuckin team rally together, can't you get over the petty bullshit and do the same.

The Spurs are one win away from the NBA Finals.

Marcus Bryant
05-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Where's the 'Fire Pop' genius now?

timvp

Yep. For some reason Manu Fan can't just be happy with a Spurs win. They have to elevate Manu to above everyone else and act like it was Manu versus the world.

Duncan's defense? Parker's aggressiveness? Bowen's fourth quarter D? Oberto's all around smart play? Finley's overall effort? Horry's defensive switches?

The Church ignores all that and puts Him on a pedestal. It's been that way since Manu arrived in town.

Amazing.

T Park
Piss off, simple solution for you is to not read the thread. There were people calling for Manu to be traded during the first round, they deserve to be called out.

:lol

So should we call the pop haters out tonight since they won, for wanting him fired after every loss?

Oh thats different......

Johnny RIngo
Manu really needs to get his finishing back. His hustle and energy were nice and really bailed out Timmy and Parker but he needs to make those easy layups. We need Manu playing 100% to beat Detroit in the Finals(assuming we make it there of course).

T Park
05-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Yep. For some reason Manu Fan can't just be happy with a Spurs win. They have to elevate Manu to above everyone else and act like it was Manu versus the world.

Duncan's defense? Parker's aggressiveness? Bowen's fourth quarter D? Oberto's all around smart play? Finley's overall effort? Horry's defensive switches?

The Church ignores all that and puts Him on a pedestal. It's been that way since Manu arrived in town.

Amazing

I guess Parker and Duncan and Pop didn't bail out Ginobili in the first half when he shot 2 of 6.

2centsworth
05-28-2007, 11:08 PM
It was a total team win. Manu's role is just a little more in the limelight, because he gets the ball down the stretch. However, the real difference to me was the fantastic defense Bruce played down the stretch. That won the game IMO.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Yup.

No props to parker for the great second quarter.

No props to duncan for his defense.

No props to Oberto for rebounding, key baskets, and defense.

Its alllllll manu :lol

AND, he bailed out everyone else.

That is so weak Tpark. You were one of the ones calling out Manu constantly earlier in the playoffs, saying he was done, over the hill, and all that other stupid shit.

Oberto played well tonight, hell of a game for him.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
I can forgive this one to a guy who's not a spurs fan but I can't do that to a spur fan. Spurs fans who don't see what Manu brings to the team and dont' appreciate the magic he has don't know apples of basketball and will be better off if they just disappear. Sorry if this hurts feelings but it's true. You know you are out there.

Kori Ellis
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
This thread and the reactions in it are a prime example of how fuckin spoiled Spurs fans are.

The Spurs are poised to go back to the Finals and you guys are sitting arguing with each other. Go argue with the Jazz fans that are acting dickless and complaining about fourth quarter officiating.

If you want to prop a Manu - go ahead - he deserves it. But there's no reason to tear up other players in the process.

Learn something from the team you follow.

Team wins.

Team losses.

gilmor
05-28-2007, 11:10 PM
THe biggest A-shit in this forum has to be Aggies..

He continuously bashed Tony and said that he was not comparing Manu vs Parker.. and when Manu played well (like in this game), he came out with a blow-job Church faggot loving shit like this..

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Manu really needs to get his finishing back. His hustle and energy were nice and really bailed out Timmy and Parker but he needs to make those easy layups. We need Manu playing 100% to beat Detroit in the Finals(assuming we make it there of course).

I can't comprehend this post.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 11:15 PM
THe biggest A-shit in this forum has to be Aggies..

He continuously bashed Tony and said that he was not comparing Manu vs Parker.. and when Manu played well (like in this game), he came out with a blow-job Church faggot loving shit like this..

Yeah, I'm the asshat, yet you're the one talking about fags and blow jobs. Good call there.

So fucking what? I enjoy watching Manu play more than Tony right now. Tony is the future of the franchise. It just pisses me off when he gets hellbent on doing it all on his own, this team is much better when he's getting everyone involved.

If you can't deal with that, maybe you're the one who needs to roll on down to sixth street and find some fag to give you a BJ.

smeagol

Amazing.
Not every member of the Church acts that way.

MaNuMaNiAc

Amazing.
man, I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of getting lumped into the fucking "Manu Fan" stereotype bullshit. Suddenly, ALL Manu fans are blind fucking idiots that can't get a clue huh? I'm a Manu fan, and I want you to show me when and where have I done that which you say?? Now because of some idiots stuck on the whole tp vs Manu bullshit, every member of the Manu church is that same way? Man, it just gets on my nerves.

WalterBenitez
05-28-2007, 11:16 PM

That's the way everything looks for me ... Manu played well ... you know those 3q ... sucks .. but Manu took control, he even coached the team, sent that tall boy #21 to the bench ... (also sent a couple of Jazz's boys to shower :D).

Marcus Bryant
05-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Manu was awesome in the 4th. The Spurs needed someone to step up and take that game over. I don't give a shit how he played in the first 3 quarters. When it's winning time, you want your best players doing everything they can to win. Now close it out and proceed to the money round.

2centsworth
05-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Not every member of the Church acts that way.
most are not.

E20
Fuck the Spurs, it should be called the San Bahia Antonio Manu's. As far as I see it it's 1 on 5, Manu against the Jazz, and it's 0 on 5 when Manu's on the bench.

SequSpur
yeah.. it's bout got damn time manu did something.. he has been playing like manure. :D

timvp
05-28-2007, 11:21 PM
To clarify, I wasn't talking about every Manu Fan on earth. Some Manu Fans are great Spurs fans. Although there is a sect that acts how I described above. What other sect of fans in Spurs history have seen a player in such a singular way as those over the top Manu Fans?

Solid D
It was great win for the Spurs against a great 2nd half team. Bruce Bowen led the scoring for the Spurs in the 3rd quarter with 5 points (TP had 4 and Timmy had 4) of the 13 total points for the quarter. Fourth quarter scoring was led by Manu (16), Tim (5), Fab (3), Parker (2), Finley (2 tech FTs). Spurs got some key stops and forced Utah to take some jumpers and fortunately, some of them didn't fall for the Jazz.

Gritty win by the Spurs. Great team win.

powerpower
PLEASE SHUT UP MANU HELPED US WIN THE GAME

OVERALL it was a TEAM effort so please be happy and let's hope we win the next game

E20
05-28-2007, 11:22 PM
The Spurs are one win away from the NBA Finals.
That gives me chills and gave me a phat grin.(and a boner)

Spur fans rejoice! WHOHEOHOEHOEHOEHOEOEHOEHOEHEOHOHEOHEO

The_Worlds_finest
05-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Manu is the reason spurs are not tied up and as Phil jackson noted in 2003 "we have no answer to this ginobili guy". Your an idiot to believe Manu's numbers pre fourth quarter should be any reason he is not great....fucking idiot plain and simple...THE GAME IS WON IN THE FOURTH champ

Marcus Bryant
05-28-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm Protestant.

Now that I have my church affiliation out of the way, Manu was huge tonight. When you have a player who can play at that level and frustrate the opponent to the point of being stupid, you should be a little happy about it.

WalterBenitez
05-28-2007, 11:29 PM
To clarify, I wasn't talking about every Manu Fan on earth. Some Manu Fans are great Spurs fans. Although there is a sect that acts how I described above. What other sect of fans in Spurs history have seen a player in such a singular way as those over the top Manu Fans?

I won't demand an explanation in what category am I ... :oops but yeah, some of us got crazy when Manu play in that way ... :p:

The_Worlds_finest
05-28-2007, 11:29 PM
does this guy really have a million post?

Kori Ellis
05-28-2007, 11:30 PM
By the way, the other Argentinean was a freakin savior tonight too.

:tu Oberto

WalterBenitez
05-28-2007, 11:30 PM
For the record, just taking a look in espn.com ... there are many beautiful picture to mak the next caption show, anyhow ... I got to sleep is 01:30 am here .. see you boys, don't burn the Church and be good citizens

Marcus Bryant
05-28-2007, 11:31 PM

Yes, and with all of my SpursTalk.com Rewards Points plus $2 I can get a doppio espresso at Starbucks.

wildbill2u
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
When you have one of the greatest players in the game today on your team BUT you put the ball in the hands of someone else all through the 4th quarter to win the game, it says something about the grit and competitiveness of that player.

Manu is simply one of the greatest clutch players in the game today.

ducks
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
GOD DAMM IT THE SPURS FUCKING WON the GAME

The_Worlds_finest
05-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes, and with all of my SpursTalk.com Rewards Points plus $2 I can get a doppio espresso at Starbucks.

Why do that when you can get a free won at valero tommorow :blah

The_Worlds_finest
05-28-2007, 11:36 PM

Why do that when you can get a free one at valero tommorow :blah

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 11:39 PM
GOD DAMM IT THE SPURS FUCKING WON the GAME

Cute, one of the 'trade Manu' posters finally showed himself...

ducks
05-28-2007, 11:40 PM
cute yourself

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2007, 11:43 PM
cute yourself

Kobe would never fit in the spurs team. It's just too selfish of a player.

Secondly, you know nothing about Manu and what he can do.

Keep posting.

manubili
05-28-2007, 11:43 PM
In the church of manu we adore several saints. Saint Tony is one of the greatest. You shall not bash to your brother Tony in vain. Saint Tony = San Antonio : everything conects in Manu's church.
Yeah. I'm drunk.

Fabbs
05-28-2007, 11:44 PM

When you have one of the greatest players in the game today on your team BUT you put the ball in the hands of someone else all through the 4th quarter to win the game, it says something about the grit and competitiveness of that player.
:toast :toast

ducks
05-28-2007, 11:46 PM

Amazing.
yeah manu has a good game gets three threads about it
tp has a good game no threads

The_Worlds_finest
05-28-2007, 11:47 PM
By the way, the other Argentinean was a freakin savior tonight too.

Oberto

I remember a time when i crinched at the sight of Oberto on the court...Now Im saying look oberto is wide open! Now seeing Obertos jersey for sale in an athletic show store at north star is beginning to make sense...

ducks
05-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Thats absolutely false Solid. What happens when Manu doesn't bring it early in the game and the game isn't rescueable? The Horry/Manu comparison is like comparing Duncan/Barry; they fill compeltely different roles.

This team needs Manu to bring it the entire game and not just the last six minutes of a game. And its not just about offense, its about all around aggression. The step back jumpers are horrid and I'm flat out sick of them. Manu when he drives is a completely different player than Manu when he waits for his jumper to bail him out.
good post
all three need to bring it for 48 minutes

gilmor
05-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I'm the asshat, yet you're the one talking about fags and blow jobs. Good call there.

So fucking what? I enjoy watching Manu play more than Tony right now. Tony is the future of the franchise. It just pisses me off when he gets hellbent on doing it all on his own, this team is much better when he's getting everyone involved.

If you can't deal with that, maybe you're the one who needs to roll on down to sixth street and find some fag to give you a BJ.

The most coward thing about you is that whenever you bashed tony, you would not admit that it is about your fucking obsession with Manu.. You are always about Manu is better than TP, and all that fucking idiotism that persists in this forum.. But you always hide behind that 'Tony pisses me off shit'..

Recognize that you can't stand Parker stealing Manu's thunder.. that's what you are about.. and that's why you have people calling you out..

MaNuMaNiAc
05-29-2007, 12:07 AM
yeah manu has a good game gets three threads about it
tp has a good game no threadsman, this shit has to stop! Enough already with the Tp and Manu comparisons, GET A FUCKING LIFE! this goes to everyone out there still stuck on this idiotic discussion. It gets on everybody's nerves and it serves no fucking purpose.

No offense Aggie, but the hate you have for Parker is damn near palpable, and a few "Parker is the future of this franchise" comments don't do nearly enough to cover it up. Same goes for ducky boy here, who thinks he's actually fooling anyone. You people need to get a life. Criticising is one thing, but you seem to derive pleasure from bashing the living shit out of Tony and Manu respectively. Its getting old really.

baseline bum
05-29-2007, 12:07 AM

MB's been posting here since the seventies when timvp was running spurstalk as a mailing list over the ARPAnet.

Marcus Bryant
05-29-2007, 12:10 AM
http://www.nea.com/UploadedImages/ImageGallery/old%20computer%20image.jpg

>whottt: stop giving the ball to gervin. stupid moe! rick barry, man. rick barry.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2007, 12:11 AM
This has turned into a stupid fucking thread.

Manu and Tony like each other.

Every Spurs fan should like both of them.

And even if you don't, then I am no longer going to tolerate posts ripping one of them to prop another.

Not from ducks, Not from AHF, Not from Anyone.

The Spurs just had one of the best victories they've had in a long time and you guys are battling Tony vs Manu?

Pathetic Spoiled Bitches

This thread is over and so is this topic.

In the future, anybody who starts this crap or perpetuate it, the posts will automatically get deleted.

If you insist on continuing to do it, then you won't post here anymore.

End of story.

Did y'all know the Spurs just had a fuckin awesome win?

Celebrate. Have a beer. Get laid. Have a donut.

Something. But STFU about Manu vs. Tony.

Have a nice night :toast