PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs' Win Tonight...

monosylab1k
05-28-2007, 10:50 PM
http://www.bellalino.com/Gifts/Bella%20Gift%20Wrap.JPG
courtesy of the refs.

And preemptively, stuff all your typical and very expected "Mavfan" crap up your ass because you guys obviously don't have shit else to say. You know it's the truth.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah, it's not like Utah got away with mugging Duncan all night long. You came off objective over the last couple of weeks, but now you've shown your true face. Lame.

gtownspur
05-28-2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.bellalino.com/Gifts/Bella%20Gift%20Wrap.JPG
courtesy of the refs.

And preemptively, stuff all your typical and very expected "Mavfan" crap up your ass because you guys obviously don't have shit else to say. You know it's the truth.

YOu live and die by physical basketball, you die by physical basketball.

SCoreboard

SpursDynasty 100 Monoslob 0

Mavfan.

Mavfan,.....

Mavfan.

CubanMustGo
05-28-2007, 10:54 PM
If anyone would know about giftwrapping it would be Mav Fan.

Stuff your preemptive crap up you ass because you obviously have nothing else to say. You know it's the truth.

Enjoying your fishing?

gtownspur
05-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Fishing with Dirk

Or Fisting with Dirk.,.......

Decisions Decisions for Mavfan.

Spurologist
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't be giving the mavs fan so much shit. They got the 3 pt challenge trophy via DIRKIE

zekes
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/zekes1010/mavsbi6.jpg

courtesy of the warriors...

monosylab1k
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
LOL and my point is proven. Other than AHF, everybody else would rather gloss over things and just say "fuck you Mavfan!" instead of looking at the obvious truth, that the Spurs got a victory gift-wrapped for them by the refs. Enjoy another bullshit win. OOH OOH HERE'S WHAT SOMEONE'S GONNA SAY NEXT - "At least we're still doing some winning unlike your MAVS YOU MAVFAN!" HOW DID I GUESS!!?!?!! i'm a FUCKING PROPHET!!!!

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm curious how you figure that. The Spurs shot a bunch of 4th quarter FTs, but are you arguing that the Jazz didn't really foul? Or that the officials shouldn't have called contact on shots? or are you suggesting that the Jazz attacked the basket in the 4th and didn't just settle for jumpers?

I mean, if you're going to argue that the officiating cost the Jazz the game -- always a weak argument -- I'd figure you'd at least have to come with some sort of explanation for that statement -- something more than 41 FTA to 20 or whatever it ended up being.

The Spurs attacked the rim and forced the officials to make calls. The Jazz make no bones about the fact that they intend to play physically and dare officials to make calls. Tonight, when the Spurs attacked and the Jazz played physically, the officials made the calls. What's conspiratorial about that?

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2007, 11:06 PM
LOL and my point is proved. Other than AHF, everybody else would rather gloss over things and just say "fuck you Mavfan!" instead of looking at the obvious truth, that the Spurs got a victory gift-wrapped for them by the refs. Enjoy another bullshit win. OOH OOH HERE'S WHAT SOMEONE'S GONNA SAY NEXT - "At least we're still doing some winning unlike your MAVS YOU MAVFAN!" HOW DID I GUESS!!?!?!! i'm a FUCKING PROPHET!!!!

In other news, you'd think a Mavs fan would recognize that game -- it looked a whole lot like Game 3 of the Spurs/Mavs series last year. The Mavs lived at the line in the 4th and even though the Spurs shot better than 70% in the 4th, they couldn't ever get over the hump. The difference tonight is that Utah didn't shoot 70% in the 4th.

ShoogarBear
05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
LOL and my point is proved. Other than AHF, everybody else would rather gloss over things and just say "fuck you Mavfan!" instead of looking at the obvious truth, that the Spurs got a victory gift-wrapped for them by the refs. Enjoy another bullshit win. OOH OOH HERE'S WHAT SOMEONE'S GONNA SAY NEXT - "At least we're still doing some winning unlike your MAVS YOU MAVFAN!" HOW DID I GUESS!!?!?!! i'm a FUCKING PROPHET!!!!Only one point has been proven by the above post.

monosylab1k
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm curious how you figure that. The Spurs shot a bunch of 4th quarter FTs, but are you arguing that the Jazz didn't really foul? Or that the officials shouldn't have called contact on shots? or are you suggesting that the Jazz attacked the basket in the 4th and didn't just settle for jumpers?

I mean, if you're going to argue that the officiating cost the Jazz the game -- always a weak argument -- I'd figure you'd at least have to come with some sort of explanation for that statement -- something more than 41 FTA to 20 or whatever it ended up being.

The Spurs attacked the rim and forced the officials to make calls. The Jazz make no bones about the fact that they intend to play physically and dare officials to make calls. Tonight, when the Spurs attacked and the Jazz played physically, the officials made the calls. What's conspiratorial about that?

I felt that there were alot of calls that went SA's way that didn't go Utah's way as well. And to me, a team as composed and playoff experienced as Utah (especially Sloan and Fisher) wouldn't go apeshit unless they really believed some serious bullshit was going down? I understand that the way Utah plays can bite them in the ass at times (as it very obviously did tonight) but the fact that the Spurs were able to play rough with the Jazz but not the other way around in the 4th really irritated me.

And why is it that Free Throw disparity is complete bullshit and needs to be ignored unless it's how many the Mavs get over the Spurs? Talk about not being objective...

td4mvp21
05-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Uhhh, the Jazz hacked the Spurs. Considering your own team petitions for more fouls called, particularly your owner, you might want to think about what you're bitching about. The refs called it pretty fairly, there were of course a few bad calls against the Jazz, but so what there were even more against the Spurs. They hacked Duncan all night and the refs decided to call it only in the fourth for some reason. Coming from someone who's team got 50 to its opponents 32 one game in last year's playoffs, you should probably shut the fuck up. Our team didn't go into pussy mode like yours did and jack up jumpshot after jumpshot, hoping to win. They drove it to the whole like men and got rewarded. Go cry over your pathetic team, bitch.

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I felt that there were alot of calls that went SA's way that didn't go Utah's way as well. And to me, a team as composed and playoff experienced as Utah (especially Sloan and Fisher) wouldn't go apeshit unless they really believed some serious bullshit was going down? I understand that the way Utah plays can bite them in the ass at times (as it very obviously did tonight) but the fact that the Spurs were able to play rough with the Jazz but not the other way around in the 4th really irritated me.

The Jazz weren't called for anything, really, other than making contact with shooters and drivers in the 4th. Are you contending that the Spurs were making contact with the Jazz's jump shooters in that period? Really. Is that your argument?

And why is it that Free Throw disparity is complete bullshit and needs to be ignored unless it's how many the Mavs get over the Spurs? Talk about not being objective...

Curiously, I didn't bitch about the free throw disparity in the Mavs/Spurs game. I just pointed out the fact that this game was similar. The Spurs lost Game 3 in Dallas because they fouled too much and didn't play well enough before the 4th. I guess the Jazz are somehow immune from having themselves to blame for losses, though -- at least in your world.

Nice whining.

Warlord23
05-28-2007, 11:17 PM
This is how a veteran, half-court team handles a younger, faster jump-shooting team.

Too bad AJ was too busy being deer in the headlights to realize this

monosylab1k
05-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Curiously, I didn't bitch about the free throw disparity in the Mavs/Spurs game. I just pointed out the fact that this game was similar. The Spurs lost Game 3 in Dallas because they fouled too much and didn't play well enough before the 4th. I guess the Jazz are somehow immune from having themselves to blame for losses, though -- at least in your world.

Nice whining.

Fair enough. The majority of Spurs fans I see bitch endlessly about how many more FTA's the Mavs shot over the Spurs, yet find a way to make that stat completely irrelevant when the Spurs get the benefit.

And it doesn't necessarily have to be shooting fouls. I saw plenty of moving screens, push offs, and other rough things away from the ball that shocked me because it never got called.

And does anybody really have the guts to say that Oberto didn't commit basket interference?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 11:22 PM
a team as composed and playoff experienced as Utah (especially Sloan and Fisher) wouldn't go apeshit unless they really believed some serious bullshit was going down

Fisher has a history of being a punk ass bitch when his team is down and obviously going to lose a big game. What's so surprising about his bitch performance at the end of the game tonight?

Sloan decided to go to work early on getting his team all the calls in game 5.

Nothing too surprising about either of their actions.

td4mvp21
05-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Fair enough. The majority of Spurs fans I see bitch endlessly about how many more FTA's the Mavs shot over the Spurs, yet find a way to make that stat completely irrelevant when the Spurs get the benefit.

And it doesn't necessarily have to be shooting fouls. I saw plenty of moving screens, push offs, and other rough things away from the ball that shocked me because it never got called.

And does anybody really have the guts to say that Oberto didn't commit basket interference?

Oh, that basket interference changed the game! Dumbass. Kirlenko goaltended two layups. So it's an eye for an eye. Quit bitching.

monosylab1k
05-28-2007, 11:24 PM
And it's great to see all the "I have no opinion, I just think the Spurs are awesome and I think that anytime they win it's cuz they're the fuckin best and whenever they lose it's cuz the refs fucked us over" crowd join in unison for a nice "Fuck you Mavfan, HAHA Mavfan, you're a Mavfan, you fucking Mavfan, go fishing you Mavfan fucking piece of Mavfan shit! I say this because I didn't really pay any attention to the game and I have no other argument." session. It's been great. Good night to you all.

Spurminator
05-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I concede that Oberto's illegal 14-point tip-in won the game for the Spurs.

SpurForLife
And a good night to you too. Dumbass!!!! :p:

FromWayDowntown

But way to generalize. Really. Excellent job with that.

Are you seriously saying that the Jazz didn't get away with moving screens and push-offs tonight? I thought the officials basically let the players play and didn't call much on either end that happened away from the ball. Remarkably, that tends to be how late round playoff games go.

What's with your insistence on using the word "rough?" Are you Mike D'Antoni? It sounds really sillified to complain that the Spurs were just too rough on the Jazz tonight. It's not like the Jazz didn't do their share of pushing and shoving and hacking and things like that. Physical play off the ball is a hallmark of playoff basketball -- particularly with teams like the Spurs and the Jazz.

Wow -- the officials missed a call?!?!?! Those damned human officials! It's really too bad that the game turned on that missed call. Really unfortunate.

T Park
Adios.

Hope you catch something.

Cause obviously the fish aren't biting if your watching such a "boring" series

monosylab1k
05-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Wow -- the officials missed a call?!?!?! Those damned human officials! It's really too bad that the game turned on that missed call. Really unfortunate.

Well it's great to be told that the refs actually missed one call but the Spurs and the refs were both absolutely perfect for everything else. It's also nice to see a Spurs fan admit that the Spurs actually might have gotten away with one thing. First time in Spurs history that they got away with something.

monosylab1k
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Oh goodnight for real this time. I truly love you all. Enjoy the win. Keep shitting on the Mavs despite it being completely irrelevant to the conversation, I love the stupidity!

monosylab1k
05-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Adios.

Hope you catch something.

Cause obviously the fish aren't biting if your watching such a "boring" series

Actually I think the series has been decently entertaining. Unlike the boring ass ECF series, where 46 minutes is the most dull experience ever, and the last 2 minutes are pretty good.

Ok last post of the night for real. G'nite. Remember everyone, don't ever think that the Spurs had anything given to them by the refs. They win every game despite being the most screwed over team in NBA history. I'm just a trolling Mavfan piece of shit! Add that to ur sigs everyone!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Stupidity? You mean like singling out a non-goaltend call to try and validate your weak ass take? :lol

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Well it's great to be told that the refs actually missed one call but the Spurs and the refs were both absolutely perfect for everything else. It's also nice to see a Spurs fan admit that the Spurs actually might have gotten away with one thing. First time in Spurs history that they got away with something.

I didn't say that they were absolutely perfect. Officials miss calls every night. For the most part, though, they do a pretty solid job. The missed calls tend to balance out. You focus on one missed call. I'm saying that while the officials missed some calls -- as they always do -- they called the game pretty consistently all night long. The Spurs did a good job of attacking the basket in the 4th, drawing early calls, getting themselves into the bonus, and exploiting that. Utah did a good job of settling for mid-range jump shots, which rarely nets calls -- as a Mavs fan, I'd expect that you're keenly aware of that (though a couple of years ago, your brethren were insistent that such play should nevertheless result in equalized FTA).

It's not the first time that the Spurs might have gotten away with something, but it's also not as if the Spurs have never had a bad call go against them. Equilibrium.

But I'm not sure why we're still discussing your weak take -- I thought you were out of here a while back.

samikeyp
05-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Oh goodnight for real this time. I truly love you all. Enjoy the win. Keep shitting on the Mavs despite it being completely irrelevant to the conversation, I love the stupidity!

Yes and keep generalizing all Spurs fans as being of one mindset.

BUMP
05-28-2007, 11:40 PM
i actually did go fishing today instead of watching this game. :lol

its Memorial Day after all, lots of stuff to do

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2007, 11:40 PM