PDA

View Full Version : Is this joke legitimate?

trueD
05-29-2007, 12:20 AM
The Trinity

Jesus said, Whom do men say that I am?

And his disciples answered and said, Some say you are John the Baptist returned from the dead; others say Elias, or other of the old prophets.

And Jesus answered and said, But whom do you say that I am?

Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Logos, existing in the Father as His rationality and then, by an act of His will, being generated, in consideration of the various functions by which God is related to his creation, but only on the fact that Scripture speaks of a Father, and a Son, and a Holy Spirit, each member of the Trinity being coequal with every other member, and each acting inseparably with and interpenetrating every other member, with only an economic subordination within God, but causing no division which would make the substance no longer simple."

And Jesus answering, said, "What?"

This could only be funny in context, and admittedly I chuckled because it seems a little ridiculous, in light of what the Holy Bible states...which is the following (from King James Version):

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Does anyone know if the answer of Peter (in the joke) is from The Book Of Mormon?

trueD
05-29-2007, 12:21 AM
This, of course, is in honor of Spurs playing the Utah Jazz. You know, "Know your opponent". :)

E20
05-29-2007, 12:25 AM
"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."
:wtf

Son of the Living God, the only time when God could have been living is during when Christ was alive, because he was 'God' in the flesh, but then doesn't make that him his own Son....... and Dad as well, it's like yeah I have son that's me or yeah I have a Dad that's me? :lol
That would raise the comment of him doing his own Mom or going inside her and coming back out.

That is one confusing statement/answer/hard to comprehend.

trueD
05-29-2007, 12:34 AM

Son of the Living God, the only time when God could have been living is during when Christ was alive, because he was 'God' in the flesh, but then doesn't make that him his own Son....... and Dad as well, it's like yeah I have son that's me or yeah I have a Dad that's me? :lol
That would raise the comment of him doing his own Mom or going inside her and coming back out.

The theory is difficult, to be sure. That wasn't my question. :p:

PakiDan
05-29-2007, 11:10 AM

God could have been 'living' during other dispensations, not just this one. According to Mormons. To further expound: Jesus is therfore the son of the 'living' God.

AlamoSpursFan
05-29-2007, 03:29 PM
"You sayin' Jesus Christ can't hit a CURVE BALL???"