PDA

View Full Version : After game discussion/free agents

stxspurs
05-29-2007, 12:21 AM
what kind of free agents are available that the spurs might want to pick up.
some people out here say Garnett...but i doubt it seriously :nope
well ill be there weds to see the 2007 western conf. champs!! :clap

stxspurs
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
anyone heard anything

bigfish22
05-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Is RC still looking at Pietrus?

GSH
05-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Well, there are some Spur re-tread opportunities, like: Devin Brown, Linton Johnson, Derek Anderson, Shaun Marks, and Jason Hart. None of them are going to happen, but I still think Jason Hart was an adequate backup at the point. Didn't get them into too much trouble, had good numbers the season after he left here. I'm sure I won't get a lot of agreement there, though. (Isn't Malik Rose unrestricted? Let's start that discussion on this forum.)

There are a few big guys who are either getting older, or haven't done much in the NBA: Calvin Booth, Michael Olowokandi, Ronny Turiaf, Vitaly Potapenko, Zarko Cabarkapa, Pat Burke. Chris Mihm might belong in that group, but he might actually earn some decent minutes.

There are a few players who might be able to play some D and/or help on the boards: James Posey, Desmond Mason, Greg Buckner, Luke Walton, Austin Croshere. I believe Eduardo Najera has a player option next year. And I think Marc Jackson, from the Hornets, could fit in and do some decent work.

I don't think Stackhouse has signed, but I could be wrong. And I think Andres Nocioni is coming free. There are a few others that are unrealistic, mostly for money reasons. If there are any other prospects, I don't remember them.