PDA

View Full Version : Dirty part 2!!

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Fisher should adopt Amare's nickname for game 5, ill be at the game who is with me?

WalterBenitez
05-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Fisher should adopt Amare's nickname for game 5, ill be at the game who is with me?

I wish I could, please make the appropiate noise!!!! and enjoy it.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 07:16 AM
I wish I could, please make the appropiate noise!!!! and enjoy it.

I will and will be yelling loud.....hopefully it will catch on. Let me warm up......DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY!!

freemeat
05-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Eh, I don't think it was really "dirty." I think he obviously meant to bump Gino, but not quite as hard as Horry bumped Nash. That being said, I think Nash flailed and flopped way over-board (he did pretend to be hurt until he saw there was some conflict as a result), but so did Gino. Neither play, in my opinion was "dirty." I think both players (Horry/Fisher) were just trying to send a message that the series isn't over and that they're ready to get physical...the Pistons were notorious for that during their run in the 'Bad Boy' era. The difference here is that the Spurs are much more ready to get down and physical than the Jazz. Horry really sent the message, but Fisher's foul was weak. Dirty? No. In neither case. If he wanted to send a message to Manu and the Spurs, which I really think he did, he should have laid Manu completely out and risked a suspension.

The difference is that the Spurs are much more poised to play at that level than the Jazz. Win...no matter what it takes.

Bill Lambier was a big dumb oaf, but he made sure no one wanted to drive into the lane while he was there. He made sure that you knew that if you did it once, you weren't doing it again. That's the message Horry was sending Nash. The Suns got that message. It seems that was the same intent Fisher was trying to give Manu and the Spurs, but it's like giving a slap when your opponent is willing to punch.

I don't like Fisher. I wanna see him cry again (like in '05) when his team loses on Wednesday.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Eh, I don't think it was really "dirty." I think he obviously meant to bump Gino, but not quite as hard as Horry bumped Nash. That being said, I think Nash flailed and flopped way over-board (he did pretend to be hurt until he saw there was some conflict as a result), but so did Gino. Neither play, in my opinion was "dirty." I think both players (Horry/Fisher) were just trying to send a message that the series isn't over and that they're ready to get physical...the Pistons were notorious for that during their run in the 'Bad Boy' era. The difference here is that the Spurs are much more ready to get down and physical than the Jazz. Horry really sent the message, but Fisher's foul was weak. Dirty? No. In neither case. If he wanted to send a message to Manu and the Spurs, which I really think he did, he should have laid Manu completely out and risked a suspension.

The difference is that the Spurs are much more poised to play at that level than the Jazz. Win...no matter what it takes.

Bill Lambier was a big dumb oaf, but he made sure no one wanted to drive into the lane while he was there. He made sure that you knew that if you did it once, you weren't doing it again. That's the message Horry was sending Nash. The Suns got that message. It seems that was the same intent Fisher was trying to give Manu and the Spurs, but it's like giving a slap when your opponent is willing to punch.

I don't like Fisher. I wanna see him cry again (like in '05) when his team loses on Wednesday.

Yeah I agree, I dont think it was "DIRTY" but I just was sad to see the Suns series end cause we werent going to have anyone to chant dirty too :). Thats why I am giving Fisher the honorable mention for it :).

spurs1990
05-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Looking at the highlights this morning, both times Gininobili preceeded the Fisher fouls with elbows.

Really overblown and Fisher didn't deserve either tech much less an ejection.

Extra Stout
05-29-2007, 07:59 AM
I'll be there tomorrow.