PDA

View Full Version : I would rather have a great off. than a great def.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Did you guys hear what I think it was Mark Jackson say. HE is a f'n idiot.

lebomb
05-29-2007, 07:48 AM

LOL......yeah, all the teams with a great offense are already eliminated from the playoffs.......... :lol :lol

smeagol
05-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Yep. Heard it and I agree with you.

sa_butta
05-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Thats probably why he has all those championship rings.

MrChug
05-29-2007, 07:58 AM
He was a point guard. Point guards facilitate the OFFENSE. He just happened to be a point guard who forgot about the other part of the game. Fuck him...him AND JVG made the telecast a joke.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Oh yeah and who was suprised on what Stephen A Smith said...........WOW he is a TOTAL spurs hater.

sa_butta
05-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Oh yeah and who was suprised on what Stephen A Smith said...........WOW he is a TOTAL spurs hater.He is an idiot too, anybody could say it is over and the Spurs will win when they are up 3-1. I would like to know what he said before the game.
Quite frankly I dont give two shits for him.

hater
05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Stephen Smith is the worst analyst in history in the NBA. what is the point of the screaming? and getting pissed and Kirilenko and Okur?

when did he ever get pissed at non-white players? that's right, he's a racist piece of shit.

BUMP
05-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Stephen Smith is the worst analyst in history in the NBA.
no he's not, he's one of the best. he doesnt jump on bandwagons and obviously gives his true opinions. every other ESPN analyst flip-flops and always says the obvious and not is always what is on their mind. Take Kiki Vandeweigh for instance. (not to pick on him cause they all do this).

during the middle of the season he said the Suns are prime for their first ring, and then right before the playoffs he said Dallas would win, then after the Spurs went up 2-0 on the Jazz he picked them to win. What kind of crap is that? what are the qualifications for being an ESPN 'nba expert'? cause im sure me and 95% of the people on here qualify.

and getting pissed and Kirilenko and Okur?

because they need to freaking step up.

Summers
05-29-2007, 08:28 AM
My observations...

1) at some point (2nd quarter?) Tim had 6 blocks, but when Kirilenko blocked his 2nd or 3rd shot, Jackson was talking about what a great shot-blocker Kirilenko was. :lol

2) I think I detected some annoyance from Michael Wilbon when SAS was on one of his pregame rants. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was funny, and it made me like Wilbon even more.

romad_20
05-29-2007, 08:33 AM
My friend, who is a diehard Rockets fan, was asking me during the game how deep the announcers had the Jazz's collective cock down their throat. I thought it was only Spurs fan's who noticed this. Their bias during this game was awful. Watching the highlights on Sportscenter you would have thought the Jazz were up the entire game. It's getting pretty bad with the coverage.

Jimcs50
05-29-2007, 08:43 AM
If I had Jordan, Ice, Kareem, Magic and Larry Kenon as starters and Pistol Pete, Benard King, Alex English, Kevin Johnson and Moses Malone coming off the bench...then yes, I agree with your statement.

:)

Nikos
05-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Both are equally important at the team level.

Testing
05-29-2007, 08:47 AM
JVG laughed when Marc Jacksons aid that and pointed out that he'd rather have both.......the smart thing to say.

And to think Marc Jackson is up for the coaching job of the Magic. :lol

CubanMustGo
05-29-2007, 08:50 AM
The WFAA sports announcer, Dale Dickwad Hansen, once again slammed the Spurs for not being "exciting" during his 10PM driveby coverage, and of course showed only Jazz highlights and said how nice it would be for Utah to get to the finals. Way to rep your fellow Texas team, Dickwad.

"Exciting" Dallas = the two worst collapses in NBA playoff history.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 09:40 AM
The WFAA sports announcer, Dale Dickwad Hansen, once again slammed the Spurs for not being "exciting" during his 10PM driveby coverage, and of course showed only Jazz highlights and said how nice it would be for Utah to get to the finals. Way to rep your fellow Texas team, Dickwad.

"Exciting" Dallas = the two worst collapses in NBA playoff history.

I wonder if Brent is ashamed to call Jon his brother....even though he picked the Spurs he has been against us the whole time.

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-29-2007, 09:53 AM

How many rings does Mark Jackson have? :rolleyes

Vito Corleone
05-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I wonder if Brent is ashamed to call Jon his brother....even though he picked the Spurs he has been against us the whole time.

Best quote was one of the ESPN announcers referred to Brent as the Barry Brother with talent and can shoot. I laughed.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Best quote was one of the ESPN announcers referred to Brent as the Barry Brother with talent and can shoot. I laughed.

hahah so true

LilMissSPURfect
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Spurs are easy targets!! u can't kick a dog when he's down so they chug down the haterade!

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Spurs are easy targets!! u can't kick a dog when he's down so they chug down the haterade!

We need to get out of the Hatetrix hahaha sorry couldnt help it.

Solid D
05-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I heard Jackson say that too. Hey, at least he's being real and not hypocritical. His comments match what played-out on the court over the course of his career.

Mr. Body
05-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Can't stand Mark Jackson.
Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.Can't stand Mark Jackson.

Him and Stephen A Smith can eat a big fat ........................

Solid D
05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
You have to understand that Mark Jackson wants to get an NBA coaching job. He isn't Bill Walton on the microphone by any means but I cut him some slack in that he played the game, sees the game and gets respect for being ranked 2nd all-time in Assists.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
And to think Marc Jackson is up for the coaching job of the Magic. :lolI'd have to think twice now before I'd consider hiring him for a job. Sounds like he wants to be D'Antoni II.

twincam
05-29-2007, 10:38 AM
NBA greats make terrible head coaches. NBA greats make terrible commentators. I'd rather listen to Stephen A. Smith commentate. Atleast he knows what he's saying and he's never played organized basketball in his life. All it takes is overall knowledge of the game. He's not biased. He calls them well.

Budkin
05-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Mark Jackson sucks as a color guy but he did make one good point about Timmy playing soft and wilting at times during the game. But he was slobbering on Deron William's nutsack the whole game.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Mark Jackson sucks as a color guy but he did make one good point about Timmy playing soft and wilting at times during the game. But he was slobbering on Deron William's nutsack the whole game.

They all were.......No wonder Williams was battling the flu.......poor guy didn't have any energy.....he was sucked dry.

(before you comment yes I know it was a stomach bug.)

td4mvp21
05-29-2007, 10:47 AM
He's an idiot. ESPN is a total joke when it comes to basketball, at least. I wish the WCF's AND the Finals would be covered by TNT. They are the best analysts with great basketball insight and they are pretty funny together. The ESPN on ABC shit is ridiculous as well. ABC just got worse with its basketball coverage.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 10:48 AM
NBA greats make terrible head coaches. NBA greats make terrible commentators. I'd rather listen to Stephen A. Smith commentate. Atleast he knows what he's saying and he's never played organized basketball in his life. All it takes is overall knowledge of the game. He's not biased. He calls them well.

Are you kidding me.....he is totally biased.......thats why I was shocked.

Oh, Gee!!
05-29-2007, 10:50 AM
I would rather watch great offense

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Go ahead and chalk up those Orlando games as wins (if he gets the gig) :lol

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Go ahead and chalk up those Orlando games as wins (if he gets the gig) :lol

LOL poor Dwight.......his defense is going to be phased out. Looks like he should come over to SA so we can utilize his skills to the max potential.

michaelwcho
05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Marc Jackson...well at least he said what he thinks. Just what he thinks is....stoopid :)

Offense beats defense? What is there to say about that gem?

Duncan being an idiot and having the worst game of his career? I've seen him play worse. I haven't seen him be stripped that many times though.

DDS4
05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Mute button, people.

tmtcsc
05-29-2007, 11:03 AM
The most ludicrous thing he said was that Tim would be happy to get out of Utah w/ the win because he was having the worst game of his career:

19 pts, 9 rebs, 5 blks

WTF ? I know he had 5 Turnovers but c'mon !

K-State Spur
05-29-2007, 11:09 AM
when did he ever get pissed at non-white players? that's right, he's a racist piece of shit.

well, in 2005, he did go off on the Big Dog for figuratively not showing up for a game. the moron didn't realize that Robinson literally didn't show up for a game to attend his mother's funeral...

ShoogarBear
05-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Stephen Smith is the worst analyst in history in the NBA. what is the point of the screaming? and getting pissed and Kirilenko and Okur?

when did he ever get pissed at non-white players? that's right, he's a racist piece of shit.As someone already pointed out, he hates Glenn Robinson, and didn't like David Robinson, either.

Maybe it's the name.

samikeyp
05-29-2007, 11:51 AM
As someone already pointed out, he hates Glenn Robinson, and didn't like David Robinson, either.

Maybe it's the name.

I am not sure DRob was "street" enough for Screamin A.

Of course it was all Dave's fault. Not having a woman and kids in every NBA city, no tattoos, no drug issues, going to church. Obviously doing or not doing those things is what makes you a great NBA player. :rolleyes

ATXSPUR
05-29-2007, 12:14 PM
He's an idiot. ESPN is a total joke when it comes to basketball, at least. I wish the WCF's AND the Finals would be covered by TNT. They are the best analysts with great basketball insight and they are pretty funny together. The ESPN on ABC shit is ridiculous as well. ABC just got worse with its basketball coverage.

Well wcf yea. But the reason the finals are on abc or other regular networks is so everybody has a chance to see it.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Did you guys hear what I think it was Mark Jackson say. HE is a f'n idiot.I like his "airspace" theory

Mr. Body
05-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I like his "airspace" theory

Better than his insisting that a good player has an 'iPod in his head'?

:dizzy :wtf