PDA

View Full Version : Glad the series got tough

conversekid
05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Phoenix was a series that required the Spurs to be as "mentally" tough as any in recent memories - with all the whining and complaining. It was fast paced, it was a hard fought tough series. I disagree it was physical - at least not from Timmy's point of view. But it required the Spurs to dig deep, come together, and play out of their minds to win. The spill over was Game 1 and 2 where we dominated Utah. My fear was meeting an inferior Utah team that would be easy for us to beat down, may leave us unprepared to play Detroit. As much as the mental toughness spilled over into games 1 and 2 of Utah, which was key, IMO, to coming out mentally tough with the throttle on. My worry after game 2 was we would lose that edge if Utah continued to roll over. I am glad we were blown out and that last night required us to dig deep, come together, trust each other, play mad D at the end to lock it down, and be forced to hit big shots. Hopefully game 5 will be the same. We need to be mentally sharp and play physical ball, because Detroit will play that way. We need to go into the Finals mentally sharp, tough, and ready.