PDA

View Full Version : May 28, 2007

SPARKY
05-29-2007, 08:45 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/55/fullj.getty-74165841ab063_spurs_jazz_12_18_09_am.jpg

May 28, 2007

The Utah Jazz had splintered another Spurs lead, bumping and clawing their way within a single point as the frenzied sellout crowd filling EnergySolutions Arena roared its approval.

Manu Ginobili, apparently, had seen and heard enough. Having watched the Spurs wither under Utah's physicality just two days earlier, he cradled the ball with both hands and barreled into the lane, crashing into Jazz forward Paul Millsap before dropping to the court.

Ginobili picked himself up, then stepped to the free-throw line, a process he would repeat time and again for the remainder of the game. Drive. Crash. Free throw. Drive. Crash. Free throw.

By the time Ginobili was done Monday, he had scored 16 of his 22 points in the fourth quarter, sent Utah coach Jerry Sloan and Derek Fisher marching to the locker room in frustration and pushed the Spurs to a 91-79 victory that left them on the edge of the NBA Finals.

"I just tried to do the same thing," Ginobili said. "Play as tough as them."

That was enough to give the Spurs a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference finals. They will attempt to close out the best-of-7 series Wednesday at the AT&T Center.

ArgSpursFan
05-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Great post dude!BTW Utah Fans wont forget this game for a LONGGGGGG TIMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
GO , SPURS ,GO!!

VaSpursFan
05-29-2007, 08:55 AM
it was a beautiful thing to watch the spurs use utah's aggression against them. by attacking and forcing the refs to make calls, we won this game. we're probably a little battered and bruised but...we're 1 win away from the finals.

GrandeDavid
05-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Yep. Ginobili played tough in the fourth. I was proud of his effort. Props to Fabricio as well. Damn they showed tremendous heart.

nkdlunch
1 game suspension

IX_Equilibrium
edit

GrandeDavid
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Sparky, you got that quote from Johnny Ludden of the Express News, right?

ctpsb
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/55/fullj.getty-74165841ab063_spurs_jazz_12_18_09_am.jpg

May 28, 2007

The Utah Jazz had splintered another Spurs lead, bumping and clawing their way within a single point as the frenzied sellout crowd filling EnergySolutions Arena roared its approval.

Manu Ginobili, apparently, had seen and heard enough. Having watched the Spurs wither under Utah's physicality just two days earlier, he cradled the ball with both hands and barreled into the lane, crashing into Jazz forward Paul Millsap before dropping to the court.

Ginobili picked himself up, then stepped to the free-throw line, a process he would repeat time and again for the remainder of the game. Drive. Crash. Free throw. Drive. Crash. Free throw.

By the time Ginobili was done Monday, he had scored 16 of his 22 points in the fourth quarter, sent Utah coach Jerry Sloan and Derek Fisher marching to the locker room in frustration and pushed the Spurs to a 91-79 victory that left them on the edge of the NBA Finals.

"I just tried to do the same thing," Ginobili said. "Play as tough as them."

That was enough to give the Spurs a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference finals. They will attempt to close out the best-of-7 series Wednesday at the AT&T Center.

Absolutely. Everybody's complaining about the free throw differential. This post is correct. A consistent pattern has developed the last few years.

Spurs win first one or two games of series. Other team vows to get more physical and a lot of times do. Spurs fight back by being just as physical and drawing fouls. Other team gets frustrated that physical play stops working and with no other way to win starts losing their cool (ie Denver 2005, 2007; Seattle 2005, Denver 2007, Phoenix, Utah 2007). Also Lakers did get more physical in 2004 with Parker and it worked.

stepmonkey
[QUOTE=SPARKY]

flop

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 09:03 AM
It's too bad that ESPN allows people like Mike & Mike, who clearly didn't even watch the game, to have a Phoenix Suns player as a guest while they discuss how Manu flopped through the entire game and stole it from the Jazz.