PDA

View Full Version : Manu quote on Fisher

nkdlunch
05-29-2007, 09:17 AM
"I don't know why he got upset," said Ginobili, who scored 15 of his 22 points in the fourth quarter, 11 of those from the foul line. "I can't recall doing anything for that to happen, but if that helps the team win and get a couple of easy free throws, I'm ready to do it." :tu

Yeah Manu pushed off a little, but Fisher flopped. and then got stupid.

:owned

ArgSpursFan
05-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Fisher just go tired of being owned once again by Manu Ginobili,thatīs all,He tried to get him out of his zone and pushed and hited him the whole game.Another guy mentally outplayed by manu in a playoff series.

boutons_
05-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Manu and Derek slightly jostling each other was not a foul, so the tech was bogus. We'd all be pissed if it had gone the other way. Bad reffing, very inconsistent, 3 qtrs of rough housing permitted, then 4th qtr much more delicacy expected. weird.

LilMissSPURfect
05-29-2007, 09:22 AM
he got MANUUUUUUUUED!

nkdlunch
05-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Manu and Derek slightly jostling each other was not a foul, so the tech was bogus. We'd all be pissed if it had gone the other way. Bad reffing, very inconsistent, 3 qtrs of rough housing permitted, then 4th qtr much more delicacy expected. weird.

don't tell obstructed_view this....

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 09:28 AM
don't tell obstructed_view this....
It's really sad that you think that the fact that boutons agrees with you somehow strengthens your position. :lol

Jimcs50
05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Manu out flopped the Master Flopper, and that was why Fisher got pissed....because he might have lost his title of best actor in the NBA.

:lol

thousandth
05-29-2007, 09:30 AM
"I don't know why he got upset," said Ginobili, who scored 15 of his 22 points in the fourth quarter, 11 of those from the foul line. "I can't recall doing anything for that to happen, but if that helps the team win and get a couple of easy free throws, I'm ready to do it." :tu

Yeah Manu pushed off a little, but Fisher flopped. and then got stupid.:owned

:elephant

JamStone
05-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Manu says a big "fuck you" to Devin Harris, Dwyane Wade, Anderson Varejao, and the Phoenix Suns. Y'all still know who the biggest fucking flopper in the league is.

nkdlunch
05-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Manu says a big "fuck you" to Devin Harris, Dwyane Wade, Anderson Varejao, and the Phoenix Suns. Y'all still know who the biggest fucking flopper in the league is.

'sheed?

WalterBenitez
05-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Manu is acertified Flopper by Argentinean League and European Union, Fisher has anything to shown?

JamStone
05-29-2007, 09:34 AM
'sheed?

Sheed what? Sheed rarely flops. He bitches and whines.

If you're going to say anything about flopping with respect to the Pistons, talk about Rip Hamilton's drama flopping or Chauncey Billups flopping when he's shooting jumpers and not getting hit.

Sheed? Not really a flopper.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 09:34 AM
So how many flops did he have in the fourth quarter?

JamStone
05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
So how many flops did he have in the fourth quarter?

Didn't count and didn't watch the entire quarter, just the final 8 minutes. Maybe 3 or 4, maybe more. 2 definitely in the final moments.

Soul_Patch
Has anyone ever watched argentinean soccer?!?

I remember watching the world cup in 98 when they were playing england in one of the later round games.

I was in england at the time, and the pub i was at was absolutely livid with the ridiculous flops all over the pitch. They not only flop on the pitch, they roll around for like 2 minutes afterward holding some body part...It was hillarious. They would show the replay, and all the English player did was run by him and brush his shoulder, the argentinean would be on the ground holding his ankle and rolling around crying...whoa...

hahah...it pissed me off, i really thought that was Englands year.

picnroll
Sheed what? Sheed rarely flops. He bitches and whines.

If you're going to say anything about flopping with respect to the Pistons, talk about Rip Hamilton's drama flopping or Chauncey Billups flopping when he's shooting jumpers and not getting hit.

Sheed? Not really a flopper.
Hamilton

hater
05-29-2007, 09:37 AM

yeah manu does flop a little. But to put him in level of Wade, Harris is plain fucking retarded.

Manu does not flop any more than Hamilton, Billups, Shweed. :rolleyes

hater
05-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Didn't count and didn't watch the entire quarter, just the final 8 minutes. Maybe 3 or 4, maybe more. 2 definitely in the final moments.

that's about as many flops as Hamilton does. so STFU

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I knew you didn't watch the game and just came here to troll. It's a little pathetic, considering your team is still in the playoffs.

JamStone
05-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Hamilton

Hamilton is a huge flopper and drama queen. It annoys me.

But, Manu flops more.

bdictjames
LOL that's revenge for .4

JamStone
yeah manu does flop a little. But to put him in level of Wade, Harris is plain fucking retarded.

Manu does not flop any more than Hamilton, Billups, Shweed. :rolleyes

Sheed bitches. When does he flop?

ArgSpursFan
I bet you all,that Manu yearterday gat fauled more times tham the fauls they called.Maybe He flopped once or twice at most,but I saw at least 4 fauls on him that did get no calls whensoever.
Fisher grabed and pushed him the entire game.

ThomasGranger
Yeah, I knew you didn't watch the game and just came here to troll. It's a little pathetic, considering your team is still in the playoffs.

I doubt they would be if they were in the West.

JamStone
05-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Uhhh, I did watch the game, not just the entire game and not that closely.

And, how does having an opinion that Manu is a huge flopper being a troll?

picnroll
Hamilton is a huge flopper and drama queen. It annoys me.

But, Manu flops more.
Unlike Hamilton Manu takes the hits going to the basket.

MadDog73
All players act a little... look at Nash's flop that cost Horry two games!

So Manu's a great flopper - as long as the refs reward it, players will keep doing it.

It would be stupid not to take advantage of it.

JamStone
05-29-2007, 09:42 AM
that's about as many flops as Hamilton does. so STFU

I admit Rip flops and is a drama queen.

You guys don't even want to accept the fact that Manu is a huge flopper.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 09:43 AM
LOL that's revenge for .4

Yeah I think Fisher was mad cause he looked up at the clock and he knew he wasnt going to get another chance at .4.......so he decided to get himself thrown out.

hater

he is a flopper but no more than Hamilton.

and not even close to Wade level.

I admit that.

hater
did anyone notice Fisher was about to cry as he entered locker room?

ShoogarBear
The technical on Fisher was a horrible call. Manu flopped, just like Nash did.

Beware of game 4 flops.

leemajors
05-29-2007, 09:44 AM
fisher's reactionary flop to ginobili's flop to get fisher that tech was hilarious. i did like ginobili being aggressive and going to the rim no matter what. he was taking a lot of hits in the 4th. fisher on ginobili is not a good matchup for fisher, but i guess they would rather have him on the court than giricek.

Jimcs50
Unlike Hamilton Manu takes the hits going to the basket.

Rip flops when he is sitting on the bench.

leemajors
did anyone notice Fisher was about to cry as he entered locker room?
dude has way more on his mind than this series.

WalterBenitez
05-29-2007, 09:45 AM
So we outscored them flopping?

sa_butta
05-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Rip flops when he is sitting on the bench.:lol

Jimcs50
05-29-2007, 09:46 AM

Beware of game 4 flops.

It was not a flop...he was pushed and he went sideways, then Fisher had an even more exaggerated movement in the opposite direction. I would say that Fisher flopped, and Manu just slightly had an over exaggeration.

:p:

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 09:50 AM

Typically a flop is pretending there was contact where there was none, or pretending there was severe contact where there was minimal contact. Let's use Verajao's flop against Rasheed at the end of game 2 as an example, because that was a textbook flop.

Manu hasn't flopped nearly as much this year as he did in the past, and most of you don't even watch Spurs games enough to realize it, which is why I personally take issue with the accusations, because it's not only lazy but intellectually dishonest. The fact that you would look at the box score, see the number of free throws he attempted, and just say that he flopped his way into the victory is retarded, and frankly, it's beneath you.

Manu went to the line four times off frustration fouls, was fouled once on a three pointer and shot a couple of technicals. He was aggressive and got hit hard to go to the line the other times, and had no need to sell any of those calls. Manu took the hit from Fisher that he could otherwise have avoided, but if Fisher was going to be stupid enough to try to get away with it right after his own flop, he deserved the technical.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 09:53 AM

Beware of game 4 flops.
Nash's play wasn't so much a flop as selling legitimate contact, and it would have been a great play if his own team hadn't bought it. Nash turned a trip to the foul line into an ejection for Horry, two shots and the ball. He sealed the game with that flop.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I know a Pistons fan, with Rip Hamilton on the team, is not crying about flops. That would be complete hypocrisy.

Marcus Bryant
05-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Who gives a shit? They won. Manu nutted it up and took the ball to the rim. He took the abuse dished out to get to the line and bring the Spurs their 1st ever playoff win in the Salt Palace...er, Delta Center...er, Energy Solutions Arena.

ArgSpursFan
05-29-2007, 10:04 AM
So now we need another BLACK EYE on manu in order to say it wasnīt a flopp??????????come on you all,Fisher(like many more)got frustrated coze he tried to get manu out of his zone,by pushin,grabbing,etc. and couldnīt do it.

JamStone
05-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I know a Pistons fan, with Rip Hamilton on the team, is not crying about flops. That would be complete hypocrisy.

No, it's not. Not, when I readily admit Rip is a big flopper.

It's just that some--not all--Spurs fans are trying to make it sound like Manu hardly flops at all when he, in fact, is still one of the biggest floppers in the league.

It's like Spurs fans complaining about a player on another team being dirty when the Spurs got Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry. It doesn't mean Spurs fans can't complain about dirty plays by other players.

It's not hypocrisy.

cheguevara
05-29-2007, 10:06 AM
No, it's not. Not, when I readily admit Rip is a big flopper.

It's just that some--not all--Spurs fans are trying to make it sound like Manu hardly flops at all when he, in fact, is still one of the biggest floppers in the league.

It's like Spurs fans complaining about a player on another team being dirty when the Spurs got Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry. It doesn't mean Spurs fans can't complain about dirty plays by other players.

It's not hypocrisy.

correction, manu WAS one of the biggest floppers in the league. He was since been dethroned by guys like Harris, Wade, Kirilenko, etc.

Manu is not one of the biggest floppers in the league anymore. watch the games. and stop talking out of your ass

JamStone
05-29-2007, 10:09 AM
correction, manu WAS one of the biggest floppers in the league. He was since been dethroned by guys like Harris, Wade, Kirilenko, etc.

Manu is not one of the biggest floppers in the league anymore. watch the games. and stop talking out of your ass

Correction: until he came out of retirement last night.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Except that he isn't. He's not even the biggest flopper on his own team. He might not even be second anymore. It's okay if you haven't been watching; your opinions make it sort of obvious, but to imply that he somehow got to the line last night by flopping is downright disingenuous. And implying that you meant anything other than that when you came in here calling him a flopper is just an outright lie.

cheguevara
05-29-2007, 10:12 AM

watch the game. he did not flop more than Fisher or Kirilenko

JamStone
05-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Except that he isn't. He's not even the biggest flopper on his own team. He might not even be second anymore. It's okay if you haven't been watching; your opinions make it sort of obvious, but to imply that he somehow got to the line last night by flopping is downright disingenuous. And implying that you meant anything other than that when you came in here calling him a flopper is just an outright lie.

First, I've watched every Spurs playoff game this post-season, just not intently, and just not every single play and every single minute.

Next, based on last night's fourth quarter, Manu is still a huge flopper, and he proved that he will do it if he believes he can fool officials into helping the Spurs.

I didn't say every foul call he got was a flop. I didn't even say he didn't deserve to go to the line as many times as he did. I'm just saying he's still ready and capable of flopping big time. And, he did last night.

Happy?

JamStone
05-29-2007, 10:14 AM
watch the game. he did not flop more than Fisher or Kirilenko

Quote any of my posts saying that Fisher and Kirilenko did not flop. I haven't talked about Fisher and Kirilenko and their flopping. I've been talking about Manu's flopping. Tangental to the discussion.

cheguevara
05-29-2007, 10:16 AM
I haven't talked about Fisher and Kirilenko and their flopping. I've been talking about Manu's flopping.

so you are clearly singling out Manu, even though other players flopped as much. shows how much of a hater you are. thanks for clearing it up.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I've been talking about Manu's flopping.
Yet you won't give examples. Why don't you quote boutons or Mike Golic to support your argument. There are plenty of guys out there giving the same flawed opinion for you to cross-reference.

picnroll
05-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Specify the flops please.

LifeOnaPlate
05-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I realize every team has a flopper. I hate when Jazz guys flop, I yell "play REAL defense." That said, Ginobli's flop during the timeout while running offcourt was amazingly ridiculous, and I believe, sets a whole new precident for flopping. And it resulted in a T for Fisher? Unreal.

GSH
05-29-2007, 10:25 AM

Sorry, but that's bullshit. First, they didn't jostle each other. Fisher came over to give Manu a little playoff bump, because he was frustrated. Your way makes it sound like they both did something, only Fisher got tagged and Manu didn't. Manu had nothing to do with it.

Second, Fisher was stupid enough to do it out in the open, and in front of a ref. You can't be that obvious when you're giving someone a playoff bump.

Third, the contact was definitely not hard enough to merit a tech...if that was all that was happening. The game was getting "chippy", as the announcers like to say. The fans were already throwing shit on the floor. At those times, the refs have to get control of the game before things get out of hand. If the ref doesn't call a T there, Manu probably gives Fisher a bump the next possession. That's how suspensions evolve.

The next foul Fisher committed was a shot to the head, against a player who was in the air. The ref was able to call a second T, and get Fisher off the court. Otherwise, he would have had no choice but to call a flagrant, and the league would have had to review it. Fisher is a lot better off the way things happened.

The ref thought the game was about to get out of hand. And he was right.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Every time this argument comes up there seem to be people who believe that either everything Manu does is a flop or that he earns every foul he draws because he takes so many hard ones. I think that the reason Manu's flops are so effective in drawing fouls is because he legitimately takes so many hard shots. If a guy takes three hard fouls in a quarter I think a ref is more likely to give the guy the benefit of the doubt on a possible flop.

Manu flops sometimes. It happens, but he does it because he gets the calls. Don't hate the playa, hate the game, suckas.

cheguevara
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
I realize every team has a flopper. I hate when Jazz guys flop, I yell "play REAL defense." That said, Ginobli's flop during the timeout while running offcourt was amazingly ridiculous, and I believe, sets a whole new precident for flopping. And it resulted in a T for Fisher? Unreal.

LMAO, Kirilenko's flop on last play vs. Warriors was 100000000x times more ridiculous.

he flew 20 feet!

:lmao :lmao

spurster
05-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Manu is to flopping as Fisher is to crying.

TMTTRIO
05-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Manu does flop a little but he does get a lot of contact and exaggerates the contact more. He really hasn't flopped very much this year. He's not even in the top 20 at drawing offensive fouls so I don't know why people keep using this as an excuse.

http://www.82games.com/charges0607.htm

Rank Team Player Off.Fouls
Drawn
1 CLE Varejao 99
2 DAL Harris 77
3 MIL Bogut 74
4 PHO Bell 72
5 GSW Ellis 64
6 PHO Nash 62
7 IND O'Neal 57
8 CHI Nocioni 50
9 HOU Battier 50
10 Gs/Ind Dunleavy 49
11 MIA Posey 46
12 NJN Collins 45
13 UTA Fisher 45
14 CHI Wallace 44
15 Phi/Den Iverson 43
16 Den/Phi Joe.Smith 43
17 NOK Mason 42
18 CHI Hinrich 40
19 NJN Moore 37
20 LAL Parker 37
21 CHA Wallace 36
22 NJN Nachbar 35
23 DAL Howard 35
24 WAS Daniels 34
25 MIA Haslem 34
26 Ind/Gs Harrington 34
27 TOR Parker 33
28 TOR Bosh 33
29 NJN Carter 32
30 SAS Oberto 31
31 SAS Ginobili 31
32 SAS Bowen 31
33 PHO Barbosa 31
34 SAC Martin 31
35 UTA Collins 31

MaNuMaNiAc
05-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Has anyone ever watched argentinean soccer?!?

I remember watching the world cup in 98 when they were playing england in one of the later round games.

I was in england at the time, and the pub i was at was absolutely livid with the ridiculous flops all over the pitch. They not only flop on the pitch, they roll around for like 2 minutes afterward holding some body part...It was hillarious. They would show the replay, and all the English player did was run by him and brush his shoulder, the argentinean would be on the ground holding his ankle and rolling around crying...whoa...

hahah...it pissed me off, i really thought that was Englands year.
are you fucking serious!?? as if the English team doesn't flop, give me a fucking break! Everybody in football flops! EVERYONE! and don't even start blaming the Englands loss to Argentina on flopping. The English got out played, plain and simple.

picnroll
05-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Bottomline Fisher was a dumbass and showed less intelligece and composure than any other player on the court. Pretty amazing for a seasoned vet. He was assigned to rough house Ginobili, get a few flops in to get players out of the game. He failed, got pissed and lost it. Keep up the good work Derek.

2centsworth
05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
The biggest flopper in the league is Raja Bell and it's not even close.

LifeOnaPlate
05-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Manu rarely flops while playing D, imo. His flops come while on offense.

SequSpur
05-29-2007, 10:43 AM
:lmao at this flopping argument

ShoogarBear
05-29-2007, 10:47 AM
are you fucking serious!?? as if the English team doesn't flop, give me a fucking break! Everybody in football flops! EVERYONE! and don't even start blaming the Englands loss to Argentina on flopping. The English got out played, plain and simple.Yeah, let's stop this heated basketball discussion and go to something about which we can have a nice reasoned argument, like England vs. Argentina soccer.

SpursFanFirst
05-29-2007, 10:52 AM

I thought it was a weird tech too, but here's what I'm wondering...a timeout had been called just prior to that little hit by Fisher, right? Maybe they considered it "unsportsmanlike conduct" or something and issued the T?
Anyone?

LifeOnaPlate
05-29-2007, 10:55 AM
If anything, it should have been a double technical. Otherwise, leave it alone. Javie lets his emotions rule his officiating decisions, no matter the team.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-29-2007, 03:37 PM
First, I've watched every Spurs playoff game this post-season, just not intently, and just not every single play and every single minute.

Next, based on last night's fourth quarter, Manu is still a huge flopper, and he proved that he will do it if he believes he can fool officials into helping the Spurs.

I didn't say every foul call he got was a flop. I didn't even say he didn't deserve to go to the line as many times as he did. I'm just saying he's still ready and capable of flopping big time. And, he did last night.

Happy?

Dude.. where did you come from? You probably just didn't watch the game at all and are repeating what others said. Read what you wrote and think again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

ClingingMars
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
If Manu gets poked in the eye, and the refs don't blow the whistle, then I for one think he has a RIGHT to flop.

-Mars

BeerIsGood!
05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
I watched the DVR HD recording of last nights 4th quarter for fun and paused and slow motioned forward and backward every foul called in the quarter. For the 1st time in my life I can honestly say the refs did not get one call wrong in the 4th. Even the tech on Fish was correct - he was watching Manu start to run up court and then turned his head before bumping him. Completely pre-meditated and the ref saw it the whole way.

It was apparent that the Jazz just lost complete control. The fouls were obvious, and Okur even ducked out of the game like a chicken shit by hacking Oberto across the arm on a fade away jump shot. They lost composure, hacked virtually every shot, and got called for it.

~~Ice Man 2000~~
05-29-2007, 03:58 PM
The biggest flopper in the league is Raja Bell and it's not even close.
Agreed, he totally took the torch in that last series. Also what was the dif between 06 finals and manu in the fourth?

ArgSpursFan
05-29-2007, 04:12 PM
anyone realized here that manu weighs 195 lbs????
the guy is skiny for crist sake.... :fro

mVp
05-29-2007, 04:30 PM
You wanna talk about flops? talk about Fisher's Biggest Flop of the Game

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/emotionless2007/fisherflop.gif

We got a winner! :lol

BreezeHillBill
05-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I doubt they would be if they were in the West.
Absolutely. Pistons are just the best of the worst in the weak conference.

BreezeHillBill
05-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Doesn't a player have to end up on the floor for it to be a flop? Manu just stumbled to the side when Fisher ran into him.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Manu is the best flopper in the NBA. He sells it so well it's hard to distinguish when he's doing it.

Obviously, guys like Sideshow Bob do it more, but no one does it better than Manu.

The Truth #6
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Of course Manu is a huge flopper but when Fisher bumped was not one of those times. Manu moved out of the way to avoid an escalation. The flop was when Fisher mysteriously dove out of the way when he heard the whistle. It's like Pavlovian response with him. Hear whistle=flail, just to be safe. I wonder what its like when he goes to other sporting events? The ref blows the whistle at a football game and Fisher spills his beer all over his lap while going into a seizure?

Fisher was totally trying to bump Manu for cheap effect. Manu does lots of stuff but nothing I EVER remember after the play is over. Manu would never bump into someone while running down the court. No, Manu would elbow you in the face while taking it to the rim. I personally find a difference in that. Others, perhaps, don't.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 04:54 PM
:lol at pistons fans trying to get in their complaints now just in case Manu starts to own them in the Finals.

timvp
05-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Manu is one hell of a flopper and uses that attribute well. I don't think any Spurs fan can say otherwise.

Although last night against the Jazz (outside of that Flop that led to the Fisher technical), Manu earned his free throws by getting hammered repeatedly. So yeah, one of his 13 second half free throws was because of flopping.

05-29-2007, 05:02 PM
:lol at pistons fans trying to get in their complaints now just in case Manu starts to own them in the Finals.

It's not a complaint, it's the truth. Just like Chauncey palming the ball, Rip traveling and flopping as well, Sheed whining, etc.

The only call where I couldn't really tell if MG got hit was the on the first 3 shot foul. All the others looked like good calls, IMO.

And complaining about Manu doing it makes no sense. He isn't the one who blows the whistle...

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 05:11 PM
It's not a complaint, it's the truth. Just like Chauncey palming the ball, Rip traveling and flopping as well, Sheed whining, etc.

The only call where I couldn't really tell if MG got hit was the on the first 3 shot foul. All the others looked like good calls, IMO.

And complaining about Manu doing it makes no sense. He isn't the one who blows the whistle...
That one looked legit to me. The sixth Fisher foul looked like he anticipated the contact and fell, but someone said Fisher made contact with his head. I didn't see that part.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Manu is one hell of a flopper and uses that attribute well. I don't think any Spurs fan can say otherwise.

Although last night against the Jazz (outside of that Flop that led to the Fisher technical), Manu earned his free throws by getting hammered repeatedly. So yeah, one of his 13 second half free throws was because of flopping.
Didn't he get four free throws for that one? :spin

05-29-2007, 05:18 PM
The flopping in the NBA is at an all-time high, but it still doesn't bug me as much as all the palming/carrying the ball and traveling they let go. It's horrible. I don't think I can remember a time where Chauncey or CP3 brought the ball up court without palming the ball, repeatedly.

It's such an easy call, much easier than flopping, yet they don't call it anymore.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 05:31 PM
The problem with flopping is that some guys are doing it place of playing good defense. Devin Harris has become downright embarassing to watch. It's like someone told him to become a bad imitation of Duncan and Manu's worst traits. It's too bad because he's quick enough to draw real charges. Nash throws himself in front of a moving guy while he's already falling backwards and gets calls the league should never give him because he's a "superstar" now. It's no coincidence that when the league sent out the video of the proper way to draw a charge, that Manu was on it.

The only travelling that I see has nothing to do with the game. It's the same with palming. If you call Billups for palming the ball when he's bringing it upcourt, or if you call Duncan for travelling when he gets a pass at the top of the key, they don't really gain any advantage and suddenly calling it after letting it go so long is going to screw them up. They are real infractions, though, and the league should probably make it a point of emphasis this summer and call it tight during the preseason, but they'll probably be too busy fighting Sarver over the leaving the bench rule to give it any time.

Cry Havoc
05-29-2007, 05:34 PM

Dude, you're one to talk. Do you not remember the 2005 Finals, when Tony Parker sent BEN WALLACE (along with several other Pistons) flying across the court? Repeatedly? Where were you then?

05-29-2007, 05:54 PM
That was a charge.

:lol

greens
05-30-2007, 12:08 AM

It was obvious that Fisher was frustrated with Manu the whole fourth quarter. And he already had a bunch of fouls and Ts and then he shoved Manu for no reason...why risk any contact at all when you're already in a bad situation? Either way, Fisher lost his composure completely. He got his second T for pushing Manu...simple as that. All he had to do was "walk" but he decided to shove into him as he was walking, all on purpose.

And honestly, I think by this time, the refs were fed up with Fisher. He was complaining non stop the whole game. After every single foul, he came over to talk to the ref. He was whining and complaining like I've never seen him before. So I think the second T was just a combination of his attitude the entire game, especially the fourth quarter.

I have a lot of respect for Derek Fisher. He's a great player...and a good person, I think. I've always liked him. But he just really surprised me in the latest game. His whole attitude was just not like himself or as I've ever seen him. And I do feel bad for his family situation, it's a horrible ordeal. And I hope all goes well for his daughter. I just didn't like Fisher's constant complaining in Monday's game. It's like he completely lost his composure. And Manu did nothing to him all game. Yet, Fisher looked ready to fight him. And in the previous game, there was that elbow that he threw to Tony Parker...

I guess all players loose their cool once in a while. Nothing wrong with it. I was just a bit surprised that it was Fisher, that's all. But I don't think he is a horrible person, but someone who was frustrated the past few games.

Man In Black
05-30-2007, 01:45 AM
That video needs to be slowed down, Manu does what he always does, he dribbles with a high off arm to protect the space he wants and Fish took a pointy elbow to the chest, not a shoulder like everyone surmises. That's why he took offense and sought out Manu as he was coming back up the court. That's why Fish got the T. Because he sought him out.
http://www.rfi.fr/actufr/afp/001/spo/SGE.FHL39.170806161148.photo01.quicklook.default-245x318.jpg

greens
05-30-2007, 02:32 AM
That video needs to be slowed down, Manu does what he always does, he dribbles with a high off arm to protect the space he wants and Fish took a pointy elbow to the chest, not a shoulder like everyone surmises. That's why he took offense and sought out Manu as he was coming back up the court. That's why Fish got the T. Because he sought him out.
http://www.rfi.fr/actufr/afp/001/spo/SGE.FHL39.170806161148.photo01.quicklook.default-245x318.jpg

Fisher gave a quite an elbow to Tony Parker in the previous game...and I didn't see Tony seeking him out or getting frustrated or even looking like he wanted to fight him.

It's all about control and keeping your cool. The Spurs players (esp Tony/Tim/Manu) gotten pretty beaten up all game long by the physical play of Utah. And I saw no complaints from them. They didn't look like they wanted to fight anyone...

Either way, I think it's just wasn't Fisher's game. I still like the guy. He's a veteran and a champion. And not to mention, he's going through a lot right now with his family. I just didn't like his recent attitude, that's all...but overall, he's all right.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 05:28 AM
You guys don't think that Baron Davis elbowed Fisher high for no reason, do you? Fish gives as good as he gets. There's no victim here. He lost his cool and gave the Spurs at least ten free throws in the fourth. The only thing he accomplished besides sealing the Spurs' win is gave the whiny loser portion of the Jazz fandom an opportunity to blame the officiating for the loss.

SouthernFried
05-30-2007, 05:56 AM
oh, screw this...

Manu get's hit harder than anyone else in the league...night after night. People set out to take his head off. Jazz were beating the shit outta the guy, like most teams do...Manu takes it night after night. A more fearless driver in the league can't be found. The man takes some serious punishment out there...and comes back for more. A competitor's competitor.

If he flops occassionaly...he's fucking earned the right. Man gets beaten up every time he takes the court.

Sometimes I worry if he hasn't been hit in the head too many times. But, as long as he keeps hitting FT's :toast

smeagol
05-30-2007, 08:02 AM

95% of Manu's flops are on D. He rearely flops on O.

ArgSpursFan
05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
95% of Manu's flops are on D. He rearely flops on O.

true.He is the master of the Of. fouls.

Jelly
05-30-2007, 08:58 AM
There is a difference between drawing a foul and flopping. The Spurs legitimately drew all those fouls in the fourth by taking it to the rim. Your guys only got two fouls because you played stupidly. Don't believe me? Ask Wilbon, S.A.Smith, Greg Anthony, Legler even Tony Rome. All have said those 4th qtr FTs were legit.

In any case, all this flopping hurts the integrity of the game and it never used to be this bad. I think in game 3 one of the announcers even said he'd had it with all the flopping going on. I think there is a hell of a lot more flopping going on now because of the influence of all these international players. Americans have picked up their bad habits. That's not to say that foreigners have not enhanced the game, but they've also hurt it by so much fakery. This is why I hate soccer (besides the fact that it's dead boring). I absolutely love Manu, but I wish he would leave his Euro flopping FIBA ways behind him. He's better than that.

Jelly
05-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Also, if everyone would stop this girly flopping and get off the fucking floor LIKE MEN we'd stop getting all these whistles every two seconds and we'd get back to nice, fluid exciting basketball.

cherylsteele
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
If anything it was just a foul, and not much of one, but a tech.....what exactly did Fisher do to receive a tech anyways? My fisrt thought when I saw it was....a tech, for what? I don't remember him complaining any and in reality both Fisher and Manu tried to sell the foul to the ref.

LilMissSPURfect
05-30-2007, 09:16 AM
oh, screw this...

Manu get's hit harder than anyone else in the league...night after night. People set out to take his head off. Jazz were beating the shit outta the guy, like most teams do...Manu takes it night after night. A more fearless driver in the league can't be found. The man takes some serious punishment out there...and comes back for more. A competitor's competitor.

If he flops occassionaly...he's fucking earned the right. Man gets beaten up every time he takes the court.

Sometimes I worry if he hasn't been hit in the head too many times. But, as long as he keeps hitting FT's :toast

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! talk about da BRUISE BROTHA!
not even KOME would dare enter! GO MANU BRING IT!

ArgSpursFan
05-30-2007, 09:52 AM
).

I absolutely love Manu, but I wish he would leave his Euro flopping FIBA ways behind him. He's better than that.

Euro flopping(like you call it)or taking advantage,and huge knowledge of BB rules(like I would reather call it)gave the spurs 2 championships rings,and have putted the spurs franchise on top of sports in the US.
But you have to be smart to play like that.Itīs just another legal tool to play the game.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 11:03 AM
If anything it was just a foul, and not much of one, but a tech.....what exactly did Fisher do to receive a tech anyways? My fisrt thought when I saw it was....a tech, for what? I don't remember him complaining any and in reality both Fisher and Manu tried to sell the foul to the ref.
Fisher lined him up and threw his shoulder into Manu as retribution. I told my wife it was going to happen before it happened, and I'm sure the officials saw it coming. Fisher wasn't fooling anyone that was paying attention. In the replay you can see Fisher find Manu, run into his path, turn his head, stiffen his shoulder and throw his arms up wildly after the whistle. It was blatant and badly acted.

Findog
05-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Fisher just go tired of being owned once again by Manu Ginobili,thatīs all,He tried to get him out of his zone and pushed and hited him the whole game.Another guy mentally outplayed by manu in a playoff series.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/212/510321630_1f2a8ed6d2_o.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 11:25 AM

Duh. Why do you think Manu enjoyed making Fisher his bitch?

ArgSpursFan
05-30-2007, 11:30 AM

Another Mavfan living in the past.Nice try,but go back to the fishing things,LOSER.

Findog
05-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Another Mavfan living in the past..

So we don't have to hear about 99, 03 and 05 anymore? I'll make that trade.

dickface
05-30-2007, 11:46 AM
So we don't have to hear about 99*, 03 and 05 anymore? I'll make that trade.
fixed

BlackFlagg
05-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Whaddya mean, "just in case?" :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
There is a difference between drawing a foul and flopping. The Spurs legitimately drew all those fouls in the fourth by taking it to the rim. Your guys only got two fouls because you played stupidly. Don't believe me? Ask Wilbon, S.A.Smith, Greg Anthony, Legler even Tony Rome. All have said those 4th qtr FTs were legit.

In any case, all this flopping hurts the integrity of the game and it never used to be this bad. I think in game 3 one of the announcers even said he'd had it with all the flopping going on. I think there is a hell of a lot more flopping going on now because of the influence of all these international players. Americans have picked up their bad habits. That's not to say that foreigners have not enhanced the game, but they've also hurt it by so much fakery. This is why I hate soccer (besides the fact that it's dead boring). I absolutely love Manu, but I wish he would leave his Euro flopping FIBA ways behind him. He's better than that.
:rolleyes again with the stupid "foreigners infected us with the flopping bug" bullshit argument. How do you explain Lambeer, Rodman, Malone, etc?? What foreigner taught them how to flop??

Mavs<Spurs
05-30-2007, 02:28 PM

what .04?

I don't recall any .04 in 2004 or otherwise.

Let's practice counting, shall we.
After the decimal comes the tenths place, then the hundredths place.

Well, better stop the lesson here. I don't want to give you too much material for one day.

:reading

:lmao

Mavs<Spurs
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Next lesson will be over the numbers 0, 1,2, 3 and 4.

0 is the number of championships the Mavericks have won.

1 is what round that they got to this year.

2 is how many games they won against Golden State.

3 is how many trophies Tim Duncan has

4 is how many trophies Tim will have before June is over.

:fro

Mavs<Spurs
05-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Sorry, but that's bullshit. First, they didn't jostle each other. Fisher came over to give Manu a little playoff bump, because he was frustrated. Your way makes it sound like they both did something, only Fisher got tagged and Manu didn't. Manu had nothing to do with it.

Second, Fisher was stupid enough to do it out in the open, and in front of a ref. You can't be that obvious when you're giving someone a playoff bump.

Third, the contact was definitely not hard enough to merit a tech...if that was all that was happening. The game was getting "chippy", as the announcers like to say. The fans were already throwing shit on the floor. At those times, the refs have to get control of the game before things get out of hand. If the ref doesn't call a T there, Manu probably gives Fisher a bump the next possession. That's how suspensions evolve.

The next foul Fisher committed was a shot to the head, against a player who was in the air. The ref was able to call a second T, and get Fisher off the court. Otherwise, he would have had no choice but to call a flagrant, and the league would have had to review it. Fisher is a lot better off the way things happened.

The ref thought the game was about to get out of hand. And he was right.

Good post. That's my take too.