PDA

View Full Version : So I've decided to suck it up and give you guys some props..

98Ute1
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
I've been so damn pissed after the loss last night that I haven't said really much of anything to anyone but here is my take....

The Spurs had their way with the Jazz through the first 2 1/2 quarters of the game. Utah could not keep SA out of the lane and other than D-Will the Jazz refused to drive to the hole. We dug ourselves into a deep enough hole that it made it tough to come back.

But comeback we did....because we were fortunate enough to make jumpshots (still not going to the hole) and we pulled within one. That is when the Jazz shooting went cold. (like we all knew it would) The Jazz could not keep the Spurs out of the paint and were too inexperienced to know what to do when the game was on the line and we were missing shots. San Antonio's experience showed.

Steve Javie
Steve Javie is an absolute tool. I would be happy if he never officiated another game in his life. The officiating was downright awful, but it is not the reason the Jazz lost. We lost because the Spurs are the better team....

Hook Dem
05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Props to you 98Ute1

lebomb
05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
I've been so damn pissed after the loss last night that I haven't said really much of anything to anyone but here is my take....

The Spurs had their way with the Jazz through the first 2 1/2 quarters of the game. Utah could not keep SA out of the lane and other than D-Will the Jazz refused to drive to the hole. We dug ourselves into a deep enough hole that it made it tough to come back.

But comeback we did....because we were fortunate enough to make jumpshots (still not going to the hole) and we pulled within one. That is when the Jazz shooting went cold. (like we all knew it would) The Jazz could not keep the Spurs out of the paint and were too inexperienced to know what to do when the game was on the line and we were missing shots. San Antonio's experience showed.

Steve Javie
Steve Javie is an absolute tool. I would be happy if he never officiated another game in his life. The officiating was downright awful, but it is not the reason the Jazz lost. We lost because the Spurs are the better team....

I agree with all you have said except the bad officiating......I saw some still images of the fouls and some of the Spurs were slapped in the face and head as they went to the hole. Photos do not lie.

Thanks for the props though.
:toast

LilMissSPURfect
05-29-2007, 09:28 AM
and you are the better fan for not using the ref card......thanks it's refreshing!

Jump shots or lack there off is what did the jazz in!!

manubili
05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Classy. Utah has some glory years to come in they learn the right lesson from this. Just keep Deron Williams in your rooster.

The series isn't over yet, we'll see.

Soul_Patch
05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Ive always hated Javie...always...but last night he made up for the years of disdain.

Although i do think the Spurs aggresiveness garnered a lot of the calls, Javie definately was being extra aggresive himself in calling them.

Unfortunately, i think the Jazz crowd had a lot to do with that. They got the refs fired up, and that is never a good thing.

tsb2000
05-29-2007, 09:31 AM
The funny thing is- we as Spurs fans hate Steve Javie almost more than Joey Crawford....almost.

WalterBenitez
05-29-2007, 09:40 AM
The Jazz could not keep the Spurs out of the paint and were too inexperienced to know what to do when the game was on the line and we were missing shots. San Antonio's experience showed.

Agreed ... you know we are gonna face each other soon :toast

boutons_
05-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Except for Fish, Jazz have almost no playoff experience. Jazz will be back and better.
Deron and Carlos are an excellent foundation for years to come.

ATRAIN
05-29-2007, 09:53 AM
props for being a man.

implacable44
05-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Okur has a ring with Detroit.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Okur has a ring with Detroit.
So he has as much playoff experience as a Pistons season ticket holder.

Darkwaters
05-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Classy. Utah has some glory years to come in they learn the right lesson from this. Just keep Deron Williams in your rooster.

The series isn't over yet, we'll see.

Agreed. They'll be good, really good with some experience.

...just watch out for Portland.

TampaDude
05-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately, i think the Jazz crowd had a lot to do with that. They got the refs fired up, and that is never a good thing.

Yup...you know that had to affect the calls there at the end...Javie was just looking for an excuse to drop the hammer on the Jazz.

The_Worlds_finest
05-29-2007, 10:19 AM
It cause what ever sloan did in game 3 the second half pop adjusted to and over came it...playoff basketball what a game

ambchang
05-29-2007, 10:53 AM
I mean, going through the ignorant fans the previous series, and then getting knowledgable basketball fans who knows the game is so refreshing.
There were a few calls that I first thought were questionable, and I understand why the fans were so frustrated during the game, because they can't see clearly from 400 feet out, but replays did show that the calls were mostly on the money. Just that the game has been quite physical throughout, and I felt the refs were trying to avoid another Palace incident and decided to put a lid on it. The Spurs got out of it because they kept their mouths shut and adjusted their play. The Jazz are still young, and with experience, they will learn when to complain, and when to put their heads down.
As much as I hate the Jazz franchise of the 90s, I can't do anything else but to give props to the current Jazz group.
Not to rub it in, it is so sweet to finally beat the Jazz in a playoff game at SLC.

Budkin
05-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for being classy. Utah is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years. But finally winning a playoff game there was so sweet for us Spurs fans.

tmtcsc
05-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I thought the technical fouls against DFish weren't necessary. I've seen much worse. I also thought Okur had an offensive foul called on him that was questionable.

Other than that, the officiating was even. This is the type of game that I thought we would see for the entire series. I have no doubt that Utah would take Phoenix to seven if not beat them in 6.

Utah is tough, Phoenix is a bunch of sissies.

wildbill2u
05-29-2007, 12:46 PM

But comeback we did....because we were fortunate enough to make jumpshots (still not going to the hole) and we pulled within one. That is when the Jazz shooting went cold. (like we all knew it would) The Jazz could not keep the Spurs out of the paint and were too inexperienced to know what to do when the game was on the line and we were missing shots. San Antonio's experience showed.... We lost because the Spurs are the better team....
I think you might have missed what the Spurs do. They take you out of your game and make you into some other kind of team. Utah has been known as a typical Sloan team--one that wins by executing its plays and game plan after controlling the offensive boards.

You'll notice that the Jazz wound up as a jump shooting team while losing the battle on the offensive glass. Meanwhile, they tightened the screws a little on defense, changed a few looks, and suddenly the young Jazz weren't as confident, made some bad passes, and bingo they were out of their game.

You have some great young players, but this year I think you are a little short of the experience and consequent confidence that the Spurs have.

Life in the West Conference is a bitch--and now it gets worse.

mVp
05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey... This series isn't over yet

howbouthemspurs
05-29-2007, 01:17 PM
JAzz SucK!.... but you're allright:)

conversekid
05-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Steve Javie

Next time might I suggest the entire arena not yell "Javie Sucks, Javie Sucks" ... bad calls will happen against your team when you do that.

sa_butta
05-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree with all you have said except the bad officiating......I saw some still images of the fouls and some of the Spurs were slapped in the face and head as they went to the hole. Photos do not lie.

Thanks for the props though.
:toast
Exactly what I would have said. I thought the refs did pretty good last night.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Yup...you know that had to affect the calls there at the end...Javie was just looking for an excuse to drop the hammer on the Jazz.
Except that he didn't call the offensive fouls that the Jazz were committing. Bowen got thrown to the floor, Williams cleared out with his left hand on Duncan, and Manu drew a charge on Boozer after the block on Duncan. The officials weren't calling a lot of those things, and if they'd had a vendetta against the Jazz, there were a ton of opportunities that they passed up. The fouls Manu and Duncan drew in the fourth quarter were almost impossible not to call. The officials would have lost their jobs if they'd swallowed the whistle much more than they did.

Sloan got two technicals for arguing two completely clear calls. The first one he argued was a blocking foul that they'd never have called a charge in a million years, and the other was Fisher's flop and check. Sloan should have done a better job of picking his battles, and Fisher should have been smart enough not to put his coach in that position.

BeerIsGood!
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
A couple of key Jazz players and the head coach lost composure, and the rest of the team went down with the ship.

SpursFanFirst
05-29-2007, 01:40 PM

Steve Javie

Thank you, 98Ute1...that's not always easy to do after a loss. Very nice post!

hater
05-29-2007, 01:42 PM
fuck the Jizz

Oh, Gee!!
05-29-2007, 01:43 PM
mature