PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Officially Worst Team In MLB

monosylab1k
05-29-2007, 01:55 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/standings

that is all.

but hey we've got Blalock, Young, and Teixeira. We got rid of that bum Soriano, the expendable Adrian Gonzalez, the weak armed Chris Young, and the mentally unstable Francisco Cordero. things should be looking up anytime now.

leemajors
05-29-2007, 02:23 PM
keep off the stros turf. we're the worst.

BeerIsGood!
05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
The Rangers are god-awful. I still like going to the occasional game, but now it's basically to kick back and relax while waiting to see the other team's role players blast shots over the wall.

Melmart1
05-29-2007, 05:13 PM
If they make you so goddamned miserable then forget about them and stop fucking whining. Seriously, if you have been a Rangers fan as long as you say, you should be used to this.

monosylab1k
05-29-2007, 05:17 PM
If they make you so goddamned miserable then forget about them and stop fucking whining. Seriously, if you have been a Rangers fan as long as you say, you should be used to this.

So you're saying Rangers fans should be satisfied with being the worst team in the league?

Tippecanoe
05-29-2007, 06:08 PM
the rangers have talent. offensively, they're among the top teams in runs scored and HRs (though their avg is among the lowest). but its their pitching thats killing them. they have the second worst ERA in the MLB (at least they're better than tampa)

dg7md
05-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Yaaaaaaaaay.

Melmart1
05-29-2007, 08:31 PM
So you're saying Rangers fans should be satisfied with being the worst team in the league?
No, but what is bitching about things that can't be undone going to help? You are either gonna watch, or you are not. But stop whining like a little girl and see what happens.

tlongII
05-29-2007, 09:11 PM
No, but what is bitching about things that can't be undone going to help? You are either gonna watch, or you are not. But stop whining like a little girl and see what happens.

C'mon Mel, that's ridiculous! You gotta give the team a swift kick in the ass in order to get them to do something different. Their current strategy clearly isn't working. I've gone to M's games every year for at least 15 years. However, that doesn't exempt them from my criticism when they are sucking ass.

Melmart1
05-29-2007, 09:22 PM
C'mon Mel, that's ridiculous! You gotta give the team a swift kick in the ass in order to get them to do something different. Their current strategy clearly isn't working. I've gone to M's games every year for at least 15 years. However, that doesn't exempt them from my criticism when they are sucking ass.
Fans dont' give anyone a swift kick in the ass. GM's and Managers do. I have never understood fans who think that they actually make a difference in anything. That rarely happens. The people of DFW have given the team all the swift kick they need by not showing up at games.

Plus, the guys he is talking about, two are pitchers in the NL, in pitcher-friendly parks. They would NOT be putting up those numbers at hitter-friendly Arlington. The arguments about them are ridiculous. If you think Chris Young and his flyball tendencies would be the savior of the Rangers right now, you are delusional. The same goes with Cordero. Otsuka/Gagne are just as good. But why let facts get in the way when you can just bitch and moan like it means something.

tlongII
05-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Fans dont' give anyone a swift kick in the ass. GM's and Managers do. I have never understood fans who think that they actually make a difference in anything. That rarely happens. The people of DFW have given the team all the swift kick they need by not showing up at games.

Plus, the guys he is talking about, two are pitchers in the NL, in pitcher-friendly parks. They would NOT be putting up those numbers at hitter-friendly Arlington. The arguments about them are ridiculous. If you think Chris Young and his flyball tendencies would be the savior of the Rangers right now, you are delusional. The same goes with Cordero. Otsuka/Gagne are just as good. But why let facts get in the way when you can just bitch and moan like it means something.

Fans DO make a difference. If they stop showing up for games the manager and GM gets fired.

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Mike Wood is a god.

Melmart1
05-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Fans DO make a difference. If they stop showing up for games the manager and GM gets fired.
And if the Rangers fire their GM Jon Daniels, guess who they get? John Fucking Hart, the former GM who ran the team into the ground in the first place. :dizzy

And we already fired our manager last season. You want to fire this one 50 games in? :rolleyes

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Bases loaded for sammy. 2-0 count...

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Im not giving up yet. Trade Tex, Blalock, Lofton or Gagne to Miami for Willis and a prospect.

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Plain and simple, we need pitching. Do what ever it takes. Even if trading Tex. He's gonna run anyway. And i dont mean prospects. Im tired of prospects, thats all it ever is. Good young Prospects! we never see them and when we do they are sucking it. We have Chris Young. What do we do?? We trade him. Had we kept Adrian Gonzalez it might be easier to trade tex because we have a good replacement at 1b. Trade tex and blalock for REAL pitching.

tlongII
05-29-2007, 10:41 PM
And if the Rangers fire their GM Jon Daniels, guess who they get? John Fucking Hart, the former GM who ran the team into the ground in the first place. :dizzy

And we already fired our manager last season. You want to fire this one 50 games in? :rolleyes

I didn't say I wanted to fire anybody. But the Rangers are sucking ass. You can't expect a team to stop sucking by doing nothing.

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
We have been waiting for the DVD trio for years now. now its DV and neither is impressing me.

Melmart1
05-29-2007, 10:45 PM
I didn't say I wanted to fire anybody. But the Rangers are sucking ass. You can't expect a team to stop sucking by doing nothing.
I agree... but mono is just bitching, he isnt making suggestions or trying to start an intelligent debate or discussion. He is just talking out of his ass and whining like a little bitch. That annoys me. Let's talk about what needs to be done, complain, whatever. But whining about shit that can't be undone is useless and stupid.

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:46 PM
hey, we're up 4-0 and Mike Wood is looking great.

Melmart1
05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Plain and simple, we need pitching. Do what ever it takes. Even if trading Tex. He's gonna run anyway. And i dont mean prospects. Im tired of prospects, thats all it ever is. Good young Prospects! we never see them and when we do they are sucking it. We have Chris Young. What do we do?? We trade him. Had we kept Adrian Gonzalez it might be easier to trade tex because we have a good replacement at 1b. Trade tex and blalock for REAL pitching.
We can't trade Blalock becaue unless we got an INF back, because there is nobody who can really play that position on the farm long-term, and certianly not right away.

At this point, I have little hope that Tex will consider re-signing with the Rangers, so I am all for trading him.. IF the pieces are right. There are rumors the Yanks want him, but the only piece I would want from them is Hughes, the rest of their staff sucks ass. I highly doubt they will give him up though.

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
We can't trade Blalock becaue unless we got an INF back, because there is nobody who can really play that position on the farm long-term, and certianly not right away.

Ramon Vazquez baby. :lol

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:54 PM
:lmao

I didnt relize Colby Lewis was still around.

Bear Grylls
05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
We have been waiting for the DVD trio for years now. now its DV and neither is impressing me.

No, its not DV

The new three are Hurley, Volquez, and Mathis.

BeerIsGood!
05-30-2007, 12:24 AM
For some reason (hot weather, balls flying out of the park in those conditions like crazy) pitchers don't want to play in Arlington. If the team had known and could have built a park with a retractable roof for the hot summer days and nights we could have gotten some pitching by now. I honestly can't see how they can turn this around when all pitching just gets blasted to hell in that park. No respectable pitcher wants to ruin his rep and career by going to Arlington, they are all afraid of getting "Chan Ho'd".

leemajors
05-30-2007, 12:27 AM
isn't the stadium a wind tunnel to the outfield?

Bear Grylls
05-30-2007, 12:44 AM
isn't the stadium a wind tunnel to the outfield?

Thanks to the morons who decided it was a good idea to add the "Gold Club".

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 02:07 AM
If you think Chris Young and his flyball tendencies would be the savior of the Rangers right now, you are delusional. The same goes with Cordero. Otsuka/Gagne are just as good. But why let facts get in the way when you can just bitch and moan like it means something.

you've got to be FUCKING KIDDING ME! First off, Chris Young pitched pretty damn well in his first full season in Texas until he hit the wall that every young picher hits in their first full season as a starter. Pedro hit it, Dontrelle Willis hit it, EVERYONE hits it....and somehow Jon Daniels in his infinite 29 year old wisdom decides that Young will never be able to pitch and decides to trade him for ADAM FUCKING EATON???!?! A guy who has a LONG history of injuries and who was very publicly against going to Texas in the first place, which of course meant he would never sign a long term deal with the team, effectively meaning that once the season ended that we gave up Chris Young for NOTHING!!!! You'd think maybe the GM would DO SOME RESEARCH and SCOUTING to find out that Adam Eaton thinks Texas sucks and is a shitty place to play before TRADING FOR HIM and GIVING UP ONE OF OUR BEST YOUNG PITCHING PROSPECTS IN YEARS FOR HIM!!!!!!

We get rid of Cordero, a guy who had an ALL-STAR YEAR as a closer for this team but went through ONE BAD MONTH at the start of the season, and who do we get? Carlos Lee, who we rent for half a season and then DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO TRY AND RE-SIGN and now he's beating the shit out of the baseball for a team not named the Rangers. Gagne may or may not be as good as Cordero, but WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO WASTE MONEY ON GAGNE IF WE KEPT CORDERO IN THE FIRST PLACE! Now Tom Hicks can use his bullshit excuse of "hey! I went out and signed Eric Gagne! See, I really do give a shit about this team!" as he then goes and writes 30 million dollar checks like it's monopoly money for Liverpool instead.

And then of course we just HAD to get rid of that cancerous presence, Soriano, because he was bad for morale and a butcher at second base....meanwhile Ian Kinsler is picking up in 50-some games almost as many errors as the butcher Soriano picked up in AN ENTIRE SEASON. And aside from a nice first few weeks, Kinsler's bat hasn't done for shit what Soriano did for this team.

seriously, do you even pay attention to what's going on out there or are you too distracted by the Red and Blue Pom-Poms you're waving about?

John Hart was horrendous, I agree, but Jon Daniels is in WAY over his head. He's running this team like it's his MLB 2K7 franchise, except he can't push the reset button every time one of his mad scientist deals fucks up. And I'm glad Ron Washington can spit cliche after cliche about "taking it one game at a time" and how "the guys in the clubhouse haven't quit on me" but the guy obviously has ZERO respect from this team and doesn't know what the fuck he's doing out there either.

And this all reflects on ownership, which is the big problem with this whole thing. This team will continue to suck until Tom Hicks sells it. And I think fans bitching about how shitty the team, the manager, the GM, and the owner are CAN make a difference. You don't think public opinion and the absolute hatred everybody had for John Hart didn't influence him leaving? You're crazy. It had everything to do with it. John Hart and Tom Hicks were as good of buddies as you can imagine, but Hicks knew that it would be complete PR suicide to bring Hart back as GM.

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 02:15 AM
I agree... but mono is just bitching, he isnt making suggestions or trying to start an intelligent debate or discussion. He is just talking out of his ass and whining like a little bitch. That annoys me. Let's talk about what needs to be done, complain, whatever. But whining about shit that can't be undone is useless and stupid.

You can't have intelligent discussion when you're looking at the most poorly run baseball team in the major leagues. I can throw out all the trade scenarios in the world, but it won't matter because Daniels doesn't have the smarts to make the right moves, and Hicks doesn't care enough about the team to sign a truly quality free agent. Anybody who wants to bring up Chan Ho or Millwood can stop right now - Chan Ho was always considered a #2 starter AT BEST and Millwood is a tough pitcher but he is nowhere near "ace" status and anybody with half a fuckin' brain knew that BEFORE he got signed here.

BITCHING ABOUT THE CONSTANT FAILURES OF THE PAST shows that NEW OWNERSHIP and NEW MANAGEMENT are the ONLY things that will help improve this team....you can't talk about how to make this team better when the people in charge aren't even concerned with making this team better.

But yeah, GO RANGERS!

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Oh yeah, while I'm bitching, let's not forget the deal involving Hank Blalock, John Danks, and I forget what else, that was on the table that would have netted us Mike Lowell and Josh Beckett....I'm really glad that management had such high regard for Blalock that they decided that this trade wasn't a good idea...

Melmart1
05-30-2007, 02:49 AM
You can't unspill milk, so why cry over it? If it makes you so mad, stop watching the fucking team. You already gave up on your basketball team, why not your baseball team, too?

I am not waving pom poms around, I just know that any turnaround they are trying is going to take time. There are good prospects and talent, it just hasn't come together and it's not going to with a 2nd yr GM and a brand-new, first-time manager. To start crying for heads to roll at this point is ridiculous. Trying to reverse the culture of failure that has plagued the Rangers for years does not happen overnight. The first step was getting rid of Hart, the second was Showalter. Now you have to give it time to sink in. It doesn't happen overnight, and it doesn't happen in 50 games.

And crying over rumored trades? Nobody knows for sure what went on but there are two sides to every story, adn one of them was that Beckett did NOT want to go to Texas and the deal fell apart. But you go ahead and believe the Rangers didn't wan to get rid of Blalock, since it supports your ranting. Truth is, the Rangers have endlessly shopped Blalock and can't seem to get a deal done. There are reasons for that, and I don't think that its because the Rangers weren't willing.

BeerIsGood!
05-30-2007, 02:59 AM
And crying over rumored trades? Nobody knows for sure what went on but there are two sides to every story, adn one of them was that Beckett did NOT want to go to Texas and the deal fell apart. But you go ahead and believe the Rangers didn't wan to get rid of Blalock, since it supports your ranting. Truth is, the Rangers have endlessly shopped Blalock and can't seem to get a deal done. There are reasons for that, and I don't think that its because the Rangers weren't willing.

That's the big problem as I see it. No pitcher worth a damn wants to come here and see every warning track or even short of warning track fly ball they give up in other parks fly over the walls in Arlington. Pitching wins in baseball, even the Astros made a world series with a batting lineup that would get out hit by the Redhawks because of pitching. The taboo is set on the Ballpark in Arlington, and unless they get a new park (or fix this one) that doesn't include a jet stream for fly balls to clear the wall they will never have the caliber of pitching to win a World Series.

ATRAIN
05-30-2007, 08:00 AM
keep off the stros turf. we're the worst.

Yeah what the hell.......doesnt a 9 game losing streak count for something.

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Trying to reverse the culture of failure that has plagued the Rangers for years does not happen overnight. The first step was getting rid of Hart, the second was Showalter. Now you have to give it time to sink in. It doesn't happen overnight, and it doesn't happen in 50 games.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. It sure took the Detroit Tigers a shitload of time to reverse the culture of losing....OH WAIT it took them ONE YEAR. First step wasn't getting rid of Hart (though I applauded it), Daniels is not the answer, and Washington is not the answer....these guys were put in their positions by the person MOST RESPONSIBLE for ushering this new culture of failure - Tom Hicks.

And it does appear that this will be the first time that a team who fired Buck Showalter won't win the World Series the VERY NEXT YEAR.

And I've seen PLENTY of reports about Texas backing out of the Beckett deal because they didn't think Lowell could perform as well as Blalock and they didn't want to give up John Danks (that is until mad scientist Daniels decided to dump him for another unproven prospect).

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 08:29 AM
That's the big problem as I see it. No pitcher worth a damn wants to come here and see every warning track or even short of warning track fly ball they give up in other parks fly over the walls in Arlington. Pitching wins in baseball, even the Astros made a world series with a batting lineup that would get out hit by the Redhawks because of pitching. The taboo is set on the Ballpark in Arlington, and unless they get a new park (or fix this one) that doesn't include a jet stream for fly balls to clear the wall they will never have the caliber of pitching to win a World Series.

1. There's still 81 games played outside of The Temple.
2. There's no bigger whore for money than baseball players. They'll pitch in Siberia for the right price.

The problem is when your team scouts pitching free agents and comes to the conclusion that CHAN HO PARK can be a staff ace. The problem is when your owner makes PUBLIC statements like "I've got to stop writing checks" and makes it well known that making a profit is more important than winning.

leemajors
05-30-2007, 08:32 AM
The problem is when your team scouts pitching free agents and comes to the conclusion that Kevin Milwood can be a staff ace.

BUMP
05-30-2007, 08:45 AM
for left-handed hitters its the best hitters ball park around. even better than Coors, cause the jet stream blows right out to the short porch. Bonds would be jesus if he played for the Rangers, he'd have atleast 900 by now.

the thing that frustrates me as a longtime Ranger fan is that we always give up early on players and they turn out to be all stars elsewhere or we trade some of our best ones for prospects. we had Travis Hafner for a couple of years and now look at him. we got rid of Rick Helling and he does well in Arizona. Chan Ho Park was an all star in LA, then he comes to Texas and has like three good starts in four years, then we trade him to San Diego and he's an all star again. :rolleyes we had Adrian Gonzalez, and he's gonna be a great player someday for the Padres. we had Soriano who had good numbers but turned out to be an MVP candidate for the Nats. and then of course we had Chris Young who's career was just getting started and now he's flourishing with the Padres. :pctoss :pctoss :madrun

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
What really irritated me is the way Hicks and Co. sold DVD on us....about how DVD was gonna be the next Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz and how all we was just WAIT and BE PATIENT because DVD was on it's way to save the Rangers! Come to find out, our three "saviors" were only considered "above average prospects" by scouts for every other team. And now in the year where DVD was supposed to emerge, we trade off Danks and decide "eh Diamond and Volquez really aren't all that great..." without even giving them a chance.

And now suddenly it's HURLEY...the new pitching savior that I'm sure in a few years we'll dump to Toronto for AJ Burnett in his contract year where he can give us half a crappy season before signing with the Yankees.

Melmart1
05-30-2007, 09:14 AM
What planet are you on where McCarthy is "another prospect"? This is his third year in the majors, he is hardly a prospect. And Danks got rocked pretty bad and has seen his ERA consistently increase. 50 games in is too early to be judging that trade but so far it seems almost like a wash.

And how on EARTH do you think Volquez has "not been given a chance?" Are you smoking crack, the boy has been given plenty of chances, to the point where they had to give him the Roy Halladay treatment this season to try and straighten the boy out. It's working so far, btw but you have no patience and don't want to hear about progress. I know we have been sold a bill of goods before but this is a new regime and if you can't give it more than 50 fucking games to try and work it out, then there really is no reasoning with you.

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Throwing Volquez out there to the wolves, seeing him get eaten alive, and then tossing him back into the minors with a swift kick in the ass and a note saying "you suck" year after year isn't giving him a chance in my opinion.

I guess that as long as Tom Hicks is running things, I don't see it as a new regime. But honestly I hope you're right about this, I'd rather the Rangers win and I eat crow than they be fighting with Kansas City for worst team in the majors and I bitch about it. I just see no evidence that this team will ever get better, in fact, I see this thing going into an "early nineties Mavericks" tailspin that they wont get out of unless they get an owner who gives a crap.

Melmart1
05-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Throwing Volquez out there to the wolves, seeing him get eaten alive, and then tossing him back into the minors with a swift kick in the ass and a note saying "you suck" year after year isn't giving him a chance in my opinion.

I guess that as long as Tom Hicks is running things, I don't see it as a new regime. But honestly I hope you're right about this, I'd rather the Rangers win and I eat crow than they be fighting with Kansas City for worst team in the majors and I bitch about it. I just see no evidence that this team will ever get better, in fact, I see this thing going into an "early nineties Mavericks" tailspin that they wont get out of unless they get an owner who gives a crap.
The ownership isn't going to change, and I am partially with you on that. Hicks is aware that Rangers/Stars fans are apathetic right now, he said as much in the Liverpool press. I don't think it matters to him, but I am not going to let it get in the way of watching the team.

Thing is, the parts are there, I honestly just believe its going to take time. While I agree some trades Daniels has done are queestionable, he has had very little to work with. Nobody (especially pitchers outside of Millwood and Crazy Vicente) wants to come here, so the Rangers have to mostly build up with draft picks and trades.

There are signs of life in A/AA, some good prospects. By season's end, most will be in AA/AAA and perhaps a spring invite. Yes, Hurley is one of them but there are others and I don't understand why they don't fucking give Jason Botts a chance to get his ass up here and try to show us something for more than five fricken games (most of which are spent on the bench). :madrun

I think in our desire to see the team as better, we are on the same page. We just see the learning curve as different -- I think we are on it as we speak, and you do not. As Michael Young put it "winning is not as important right now as the process." Now, this doesn't mean MY doesn't think its not important to win. What it means is, its going to take time to get through the 'process' of learning to win, and that means some bad streaks along the way. This is one of them.

For the record, I think the Rangers won't be worst in MLB at end of the year. Hell, after last night's win, that's back on the Royals. It may only be half a game, but its a start.

BUMP
05-30-2007, 12:48 PM
For the record, I think the Rangers won't be worst in MLB at end of the year. Hell, after last night's win, that's back on the Royals. It may only be half a game, but its a start.

i agree and i think the Rangers will finish above .500 barely. they are on the right start but it takes some adjusting to the new style and injuries have not helped either. just stay on course and deal with tough times. waving the white flag after 50 games with a new manager will never get you anywhere. i believe they will begin to play better near the end of the year

dallaskd
05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
as of right now Kansas City is the worst!

Kevin Blackistone
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
1. There's still 81 games played outside of The Temple.
2. There's no bigger whore for money than baseball players. They'll pitch in Siberia for the right price.

The problem is when your team scouts pitching free agents and comes to the conclusion that CHAN HO PARK can be a staff ace. The problem is when your owner makes PUBLIC statements like "I've got to stop writing checks" and makes it well known that making a profit is more important than winning.

That means there are 81 games in it if you pitch for the Rangers. Pitchers know that coming to Arlington is just asking to get your ERA blasted to 7.00. If you want to live in a box and believe that all of these pitchers WANT to come to Arlington then go ahead, but it's obvious that the good ones avoid this place like the plague. That leaves unproven kids and down trodden veterans who are trying to grasp on to their former glory but can't break the rotation with most teams (the #2 in your post) as the pitching options for the Rangers. The Rangers should just say fuck it and go out to find 5 sinker ball pitchers to at least try to keep the ball on the ground because anything in the air hits the seats.

Kevin Blackistone
05-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I mean damn, this ball park is turning Sammy Sosa into a home run hitter again.

BUMP
05-30-2007, 02:30 PM
^ :lol

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
with the humidor at Coors Field. this stadium is definitely the best hitters park out there. and when it's hot outside its ridiculous. there is a reason the Rangers hit the most homeruns in the majors every year, and there is a reason that the only very good pitcher they've ever had was Nolan Ryan. why do you think Millwood led the league in ERA (2.65) one year, and then gets traded and his ERA balloons to over 5? this place is hell for pitchers, and until they do something about the stadium they will never get the right pitching they need. why do you think Clemens didnt want to come here?

j-6
05-30-2007, 03:49 PM
with the humidor at Coors Field. this stadium is definitely the best hitters park out there. and when it's hot outside its ridiculous. there is a reason the Rangers hit the most homeruns in the majors every year, and there is a reason that the only very good pitcher they've ever had was Nolan Ryan. why do you think Millwood led the league in ERA (2.65) one year, and then gets traded and his ERA balloons to over 5? this place is hell for pitchers, and until they do something about the stadium they will never get the right pitching they need. why do you think Clemens didnt want to come here?

Nolan Ryan never played in the Ballpark. He retired in '93 and it didn't open until the next year.

Melmart1
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
i agree and i think the Rangers will finish above .500 barely. they are on the right start but it takes some adjusting to the new style and injuries have not helped either. just stay on course and deal with tough times. waving the white flag after 50 games with a new manager will never get you anywhere. i believe they will begin to play better near the end of the year
Couldn't agree more. It will take time, but I don't think they will finish the year 15 games under .500 either. And believe it or not, I haven't entirely given up on this season like most. If they start to gel as a team, this season was hardly a waste. The bullpen is awesome. We have some real mashers, although the OF could use a big upgrade. But (most of) the pieces are there, its just gonna take time. And I still think Ron Wash is the man for the job.

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 04:31 PM
That means there are 81 games in it if you pitch for the Rangers. Pitchers know that coming to Arlington is just asking to get your ERA blasted to 7.00. If you want to live in a box and believe that all of these pitchers WANT to come to Arlington then go ahead, but it's obvious that the good ones avoid this place like the plague. That leaves unproven kids and down trodden veterans who are trying to grasp on to their former glory but can't break the rotation with most teams (the #2 in your post) as the pitching options for the Rangers. The Rangers should just say fuck it and go out to find 5 sinker ball pitchers to at least try to keep the ball on the ground because anything in the air hits the seats.

the "hitter's ball park" argument only holds so much water. Yes, that ballpark might lend itself to pitchers giving up more longballs and more runs...but you CAN have success in that ballpark, it's happened before...you just have to find the right pitchers...which again goes back to SCOUTING. how is it that for a nice 5 or 6 year period, Doug Melvin could put together a respectable starting rotation that consisted of guys like Ken Hill, Darren Oliver, Rick Helling, John Burkett, Roger Pavlik, and Aaron Sele? Would you call any of them good? They all were average at the very best, even outside of Texas. Granted, they had support from a great offensive force, and none of them were consistently successful for more than 2 or 3 years, but they all had very nice years with decent ERA's and were successful with the way they pitched, not simply the run support they received. Kenny Rogers never seemed to hate pitching for the Rangers with each stop he made here either. It's about finding the right pieces, something that just hasn't happened since Hicks came aboard and Melvin/Oates got canned.

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 04:37 PM
why do you think Millwood led the league in ERA (2.65) one year, and then gets traded and his ERA balloons to over 5?

this isn't the first time Kevin Millwood signed a big contract and then saw his ERA balloon the very next year.

tlongII
05-30-2007, 10:30 PM
The Rangers will finish at .500? Uh....no.

Bear Grylls
05-31-2007, 12:12 AM
WHOOOOOO !!!!!!!

Royals still in last place

:drunk

BUMP
05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Rangers series against the Mariners starts today

:lol battle of the two irrelevants in the AL West

Bear Grylls
05-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Rangers series against the Mariners starts today

:lol battle of the two irrelevants in the AL West

For what its worth, Seattle IS 2nd in the AL West

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Wait a minute...Jason Botts is still in the organization and not playing for the big club?

Melmart1
05-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Wait a minute...Jason Botts is still in the organization and not playing for the big club?
Yes, he is with the RedHawks right now... It sucks, everytime he has been brougth up to the bigs, he has been on the bench more than not...

He has some injuries but he is creaming AAA right now and I don't understand why they won't at least give him a chance at this point... the Rangers' outfield is sparse and he should at least be given a chance, IMHO.

tlongII
06-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Mariners with a 9-5 win. Four and a half back of the Angels now.

BeerIsGood!
06-01-2007, 12:18 AM
The Angels will run away with this season once again. They know how to do things right and once their injuries heal they'll be a contender in the post season.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2007, 02:36 AM
so who has the tie breaker between the Royals and the Rangers?

fyatuk
06-01-2007, 08:06 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/standings

that is all.

but hey we've got Blalock, Young, and Teixeira. We got rid of that bum Soriano, the expendable Adrian Gonzalez, the weak armed Chris Young, and the mentally unstable Francisco Cordero. things should be looking up anytime now.

This is suprising? It was pretty obvious this was going to be a bad year halfway through April. Especially considering Blalock's been out for a good chunk. And the Rangers have not really had a good outfield for several years, to go along with the hopelessness of Ranger pitching.

BUMP
06-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Mariners with a 9-5 win. Four and a half back of the Angels now.

dont get your hopes up. Angels are easily going to run away with the division.

i already have gone through that experience :lol

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 06:32 PM
dont get your hopes up. Angels are easily going to run away with the division.

don't count Oakland out yet. they do this every year.

tlongII
06-01-2007, 09:32 PM
The Mariners can catch the Angels. Seattle has got a very good team this year.

dallaskd
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Should we trade Tex early or later? I think we can more trade value closer to the trade deadline. I hope this deal doesnt turn out like Soriano last year. Any rumors on possible destinations?

BUMP
06-02-2007, 08:34 AM
The Mariners can catch the Angels. Seattle has got a very good team this year.
:lol

BUMP
06-02-2007, 08:36 AM
don't count Oakland out yet. they do this every year.
yeah i was about to say them, but i was talking about Seattle and Texas who will be nowhere near the Angels come season end. A's will get hot but i think the Angels will be too far ahead and the A's will not get it done this year

dallaskd
06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
That game last night was amazing. Any updates on Tex's injury?

dallaskd
06-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Lets Go! 2 in a row!!!

tlongII
06-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Lets Go! 2 in a row!!!

Huh? The Mariners won yesterday 5-4.

Melmart1
06-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Huh? The Mariners won yesterday 5-4.
Yesterday, 05:34 PM

His post was before the game, he was trying to cheer them on.

tlongII
06-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Yesterday, 05:34 PM

His post was before the game, he was trying to cheer them on.

Oh.

tlongII
06-03-2007, 06:38 PM
M's with the win today take the series 3-1.

The last-place Rangers lost a fly ball in the sun, threw three balls past first base, had a passed ball that allowed another run, and botched what should have been an inning-ending out that would have prevented Seattle's decisive rally.

The Rangers suck ass.

monosylab1k
06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Technically they had 2 errors, but in reality there was bout 4 or 5 out there. Seeing how bad that entire team is defensively, I almost wished Blalock was out there. Kata was an absolute butcher at third. His botch of that grounder in the 4th inning got the entire ball running.

Seriously, at times Texas looks so bad out there that they remind me of those stereotypically bad teams from shitty movies like "Rookie Of The Year" and "Little Big League"....at this point, their only hope is for a precocious pre-teen to join the squad and have them rally around him and show them how much fun baseball is.

dg7md
06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I haven't watched a full Rangers game in years. They are easily the most embarrassing team here in Dallas.

Melmart1
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I still watch them. I can't seem to give up on them. :(

tlongII
06-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I still watch them. I can't seem to give up on them. :(

Similar to the way I follow the M's.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Teixeira would look good in a Tigers uni.

Cameron Maybin, Jordan Tata and Monroe for Tex. Two elite prospects and a solid MLB player should do it, no?

I'll also trade Neifi Perez for a Rangers' cap. Any takers?

Melmart1
06-05-2007, 10:19 PM

Cameron Maybin, Jordan Tata and Monroe for Tex. Two elite prospects and a solid MLB player should do it, no?

That's a trade that I think the Rangers would take a look at and possibly do.

Rumor has it that they are talking with the Yankees. I can't see the Skanks giving them anything they want, and the longer they wait the closer you get to the end of his contract, i.e. less of a rental. If they are going to do something and get anything worthwhile back, now is likely the time to do it. I have NO hope of him re-signing.

Melmart1
06-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Btw...

Go Rangers!!!! :)

Burn531
06-05-2007, 10:23 PM

If Maybin is going to be as good as they say I wouldn't do that deal. Maybe Vasquez instead of Maybin? I don't know how the organization ranks it's minor league players.

06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Tiger Fan doesn't want to get rid of Maybin, but the kid is only in A ball. Plus, they have another solid OF prospect in Gorkys Hernandez.

As for the Yankees, don't the Rangers want a solid pitching prospect(or two)? Anything less than Hughes would be a steal for them.

Fucking Yankees.

06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
If Maybin is going to be as good as they say I wouldn't do that deal. Maybe Vasquez instead of Maybin? I don't know how the organization ranks it's minor league players.

The kid is only in A ball. Tex is a Gold Glove 1B with power coming into his prime.

I'll take the bonafide All-Star MLer over *potential* every day of the week, especially on a team that is a serious WS contender.

Melmart1
06-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah, the Rangers want Hughes, that is why a deal hasn't already been done, cus the Skanks don't want to give him up. Can't say I blame them, considering the state of their pitching staff right now.

06-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Sweet. Robertson has an infinite ERA in this game. It's not every day you see that...

0.0 Innings
6 Batters Faced
4 Hits
2 BBs
6 ERs

Melmart1
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Sweet. Robertson has an infinite ERA in this game. It's not every day you see that...

0.0 Innings
6 Batters Faced
4 Hits
2 BBs
6 ERs
That was perhaps the most satisfying inning of Rangers baseball I have seen all season. Not saying much, I know but it sure was fun!

06-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Too bad for Nate. He had family and friends at the game.

BUMP
06-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Despite the win, Rangers got outplayed. what else is new? they had a grand slam and that was pretty much it. i expect the Tigers to stop fooling around and roll through them the next two games.

Texeira is going to help any team out. he is a power hitter who is starting to get a good eye at the plate. i would hate to see him go, but he is wasting his career in Texas and i'll gladly support him even when he leaves

06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I don't think they got outplayed at all. They came up with the big hits and the big outs when needed. The teams combined to leave 40 runners on base.

dallaskd
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Victor Diaz is a beast.

dallaskd
06-06-2007, 10:09 PM
theres nothing like a 10-0 beatdown at home to keep us in check.

dallaskd
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Millwood and Padilla are horrible. Trade them. Our best starter is Mike Wood..

monosylab1k
06-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Millwood and Padilla are horrible. Trade them. Our best starter is Mike Wood..

Millwood is horrible right now, but he'll be okay. He's the only guy in that rotation that I have faith in. He'll get out of this funk. Overall he's been a good signing.

Padilla on the other hand....I can't blame Daniels for re-signing him too much because there weren't many good pitchers available on the market, but everyone should have seen this coming. This guy was playing for a contract all the way last season, and now he's Adrian Beltre'd the Rangers.

BUMP
06-07-2007, 09:17 AM
God, our starter with the lowest ERA is Tejeda and i think its in the 6's. Ok, Tigers fans have fun in the win today, dont beat us too badly, and good luck in the divisional race. :spin

leemajors
06-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Millwood is horrible right now, but he'll be okay. He's the only guy in that rotation that I have faith in. He'll get out of this funk. Overall he's been a good signing.

Padilla on the other hand....I can't blame Daniels for re-signing him too much because there weren't many good pitchers available on the market, but everyone should have seen this coming. This guy was playing for a contract all the way last season, and now he's Adrian Beltre'd the Rangers.

would you call milwood a #1 starter though?

BUMP
06-07-2007, 09:21 AM
i think the Rangers will finish above .500 barely. they are on the right start but it takes some adjusting to the new style and injuries have not helped either. just stay on course and deal with tough times. waving the white flag after 50 games with a new manager will never get you anywhere. i believe they will begin to play better near the end of the year

did i really say that?
:dizzy

monosylab1k
06-07-2007, 09:24 AM
would you call milwood a #1 starter though?

oh no he's definitely not a #1 starter....he's a #2 at best, and probably even better off as a #3. But by Texas Rangers standards, he's a staff ace :lol

I don't mind the Millwood signing one bit...It's not ridiculously large, and he had a very nice year last season. He'll never be more than a 14-16 win per year guy and probably will never have an ERA under 4.00, and that's disappointing for some since he's supposed to be our ace....but those were unrealistic expectations. At least he's not tanking like Chan Ho (well, right now he is but in the long run he won't).

Solid D
06-07-2007, 11:02 AM
The Rangers starters all have sprained necks.

BUMP
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
The Rangers starters all have sprained necks.
:lol

Melmart1
06-07-2007, 11:54 AM
They sprained their necks looking up at the other teams in thew AL West rise in the standings :(

Findog
06-14-2007, 12:25 PM

I don't think he's delusional and under the impression that he is in fact actually Jon Daniels. Do you understand the purpose of a messageboard?

Melmart1
06-14-2007, 05:09 PM
I understand the purpose of a message board. What I don't understand is your point. I never accused mono of thinking he was Jon Daniels. I do, however think he is delusional if he thinks the Rangers (or any team) could have pulled off that convoluted roster that he made up.

We are going back and forth about our favorite team. That is the purpose of a message board, yes? To talk/debate about your team?