PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Mark Cuban is watching the WCF ??

lefty
05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
:lol :lol

I can't imagine how angry he is right now, watching Spurs going all the way :pctoss :pctoss

We need some photoshop experts here ; we need a pic of Cuban watching the WCF.

GSH
05-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I can honestly say that I don't think of Mark Cuban at all, except when I am forced to see him during a televised game. And then my mental image is of him as a kid, taking his basketball and going home because the other kids won't let him play - and promising himself he'll get even when he grows up.

DDS4
05-29-2007, 03:04 PM
He's hanging out on the muddy Riverwalk.

41times
05-29-2007, 03:20 PM
All Mavs fans (self included) are upset because they all know that they could probably beat the Spurs in a 7 game series with home court.

We drew the sole opponent in the playoffs that gave us the most trouble over the last 2 years. 85% against the entire league and 25% against GunShotWound? go figure.

Cuban is probably beside himself. But at least he knows that the powers at be in the West have not shifted so there is no need to Blow his team up completely in order to get to the finals.

And i feel more sorry for the fans (me) who spent the money than Cuban who has 3 Billion dollars now.

And yes, he is watching every minute of the games because he is already preparing for next season. Trust me on that one.

duncan228
05-29-2007, 03:25 PM
If he's a basketball fan he's watching.

Ocotillo
05-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Do they have televisions on those fishing boats?

GSH
05-29-2007, 03:52 PM
We drew the sole opponent in the playoffs that gave us the most trouble over the last 2 years. 85% against the entire league and 25% against GunShotWound? go figure.

Go figure? Do you honestly think that Golden State would have had a snowball's chance in hell of winning that series, if not for Don Nelson? Cuban is a tool. A tool with a lot of money, but still a tool. He fucked with Don Nelson in favor of Avery Johnson? Definitely. A tool.

You remember when the TOOL owner of the Dallas Cowboys got rid of Jimmy Johnson and turned the team over to Barry Switzer? They had a couple of good seasons, because Switzer inherited the best players money could buy. Oprah could have been successful coaching that team. But the team also fell apart and went to shit under Switzer.

The Mavs had a good regular season. Cherish the memories. Because Don Nelson just took your future. Losing to an 8 seed took the heart out of most of them. By the time that series was over, they looked like whipped dogs. And there was AJ, making comments that will haunt them next year every bit as badly as the losses themselves. Avery would have gotten out-coached by Pop in a playff series. But losing to an 8 seed? That kind of humiliation isn't going away any time soon.

You tell yourself whatever little bedtime story lets you sleep at night.

Marcus Bryant
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
I'd take the Spurs with a healthy TD and Ginobili in a 7 game series with the Mavs anytime.

ducks
05-29-2007, 03:54 PM
:lol :lol

I can't imagine how angry he is right now, watching Spurs going all the way :pctoss :pctoss

We need some photoshop experts here ; we need a pic of Cuban watching the WCF.
I think he and dirk are in Pensacola, FL, United States this past weekend

ducks
05-29-2007, 03:55 PM
All Mavs fans (self included) are upset because they all know that they could probably beat the Spurs in a 7 game series with home court.

Cuban is probably beside himself. But at least he knows that the powers at be in the West have not shifted so there is no need to Blow his team up completely in order to get to the finals.

And i feel more sorry for the fans (me) who spent the money than Cuban who has 3 Billion dollars now.

And yes, he is watching every minute of the games because he is already preparing for next season. Trust me on that one.

it is aj's fault
he played his starters against the clippers
BLAME AJ AND THE MAVS

DarrinS
05-29-2007, 03:58 PM

Something was wrong with Mavs before that series even began.

Brutalis
05-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Haha I don't even want to think about that fool or his little ponies.

41times
05-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Go figure? Do you honestly think that Golden State would have had a snowball's chance in hell of winning that series, if not for Don Nelson? Cuban is a tool. A tool with a lot of money, but still a tool. He fucked with Don Nelson in favor of Avery Johnson? Definitely. A tool.

You remember when the TOOL owner of the Dallas Cowboys got rid of Jimmy Johnson and turned the team over to Barry Switzer? They had a couple of good seasons, because Switzer inherited the best players money could buy. Oprah could have been successful coaching that team. But the team also fell apart and went to shit under Switzer.

The Mavs had a good regular season. Cherish the memories. Because Don Nelson just took your future. Losing to an 8 seed took the heart out of most of them. By the time that series was over, they looked like whipped dogs. And there was AJ, making comments that will haunt them next year every bit as badly as the losses themselves.

You tell yourself whatever little bedtime story lets you sleep at night.

I don't disagree with you about GSW winning without Nellie, they would not have. But are you seriously saying that Avery is not a good coach? and more importantly comparing him to Barry Switzer? Please.

If you think the Mavs are going to fade away like the Cowboys did starting in 1996-2005 you are flat out wrong about that.

Don't forget, Avery learned under Pop and Nellie. 2 of the better coaches in this league over the last 20 years. He's nothing like Switzer.

Nellie had good matchups and he exploited them. But make no mistake. If the Clippers had finished ahead of GSW or the Lakers fallen a spot in the first round we would be sitting here talking about a 2-2 Mavs vs. Spurs Matchup and wondering who will be the first team to blink. And i feel cheated that we are not getting to see that.

confined
05-29-2007, 04:15 PM
yeah cuban is pissed that he can't be in the WCF cuz he knows his team is the only one that can beat the spurs

td4mvp3
05-29-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't disagree with you about GSW winning without Nellie, they would not have. But are you seriously saying that Avery is not a good coach? and more importantly comparing him to Barry Switzer? Please.

If you think the Mavs are going to fade away like the Cowboys did starting in 1996-2005 you are flat out wrong about that.

Don't forget, Avery learned under Pop and Nellie. 2 of the better coaches in this league over the last 20 years. He's nothing like Switzer.

Nellie had good matchups and he exploited them. But make no mistake. If the Clippers had finished ahead of GSW or the Lakers fallen a spot in the first round we would be sitting here talking about a 2-2 Mavs vs. Spurs Matchup and wondering who will be the first team to blink. And i feel cheated that we are not getting to see that.
you know, i think the mavs had a good chance to knock out the spurs this year had they met, but there is NO excuse for the mavs. your best player simply needed to be like carlos boozer (of all people) and hang out near the rim so he could shoot and then rebound the ball. game 6, i think, typified the problem with dirk, clanking 3s and having no shot at a rebound. he did it against the spurs last year, he should have done it this year against golden state. it matters squat that the warriors beat the mavs in the regular season, this was the challenge folks find a way to overcome (jordan-pistons, duncan-lakers, bird-magic).

dbreiden83080
05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
I doubt it he is a very poor sport so it would just piss him off. He probably is just immersing himself in other business ventures as a way of distracting himself.

cholo
05-29-2007, 04:22 PM
pinche cuban is watching his ex vato loco Finley win a ring w/o him

Ocotillo
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
If the Mavs and Spurs should meet in the play offs next year, don't be suprised if there is a sighting of Pop sipping wine and Nellie quaffing a beer talking strategy at some discreet establishment.

GSH
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM

What I'm saying is that Nelson broke their hearts. And their spirit. He exposed them on national television. They had a historic regular season record, and learned that they could get punked by a third-tier team, when the coach knows how to utilize his players properly.

And yeah, I'm saying that scars like that aren't going away any time soon. From the beginning, next year's record will be compared to this one. And if they couldn't get it done with this team, how will they get it done with a team that only wins 58 games?

If I'm wrong, I'll come back and say so. But I think you've seen the best of the Mavs for years to come.

TampaDude
05-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Cuban's got 3 billion dollars and no rings. :lmao

sweetjess
05-29-2007, 04:25 PM
who cares if Cuban is watching these games...REMEMBER last year he hated the SPURS... he is just a baby like all these stupid fans that throw shit at our team

nickbroken
05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Cuban's got 3 billion dollars and no rings. :lmao

Yeah, I wouldn't mind 3 billion dollars and no rings myself.:spam:

BreezeHillBill
05-29-2007, 05:30 PM

Nellie had good matchups and he exploited them. But make no mistake. If the Clippers had finished ahead of GSW or the Lakers fallen a spot in the first round we would be sitting here talking about a 2-2 Mavs vs. Spurs Matchup and wondering who will be the first team to blink. And i feel cheated that we are not getting to see that.Can't disprove your speculations, but I really doubt them. AJ mishandled coasting through the end of the regular season. Mavs have no game time leadership. Bunch of start pulling in different directions.

BreezeHillBill
05-29-2007, 05:31 PM
yeah cuban is pissed that he can't be in the WCF cuz he knows his team is the only one that can beat the spurs
If you say so.

Borosai
05-29-2007, 06:37 PM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5570/stcubanwcftvjd7.jpg

SA210
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
:lol

Jimcs50
05-29-2007, 07:22 PM
That was Mark throwing crap on to the floor at the Spurs in Utah....so yes, he is watching.

The_Matrix
05-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind 3 billion dollars and no rings myself.:spam:

Roger that. Mark Cuban, billionaire, owns his own NBA franchise. Doesn't have a ring.

VS. random people who watch the Spurs on cable. These people don't have rings either.

CubanMustGo
05-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Roger that. Mark Cuban, billionaire, owns his own NBA franchise. Doesn't have a ring.

VS. random people who watch the Spurs on cable. These people don't have rings either.

and Sun fan who has neither money or a ring-bearing team to watch.

lefty
05-30-2007, 01:50 PM

Thank you thank you thank you :clap :clap :clap

41times
05-30-2007, 02:07 PM
If the Mavs and Spurs should meet in the play offs next year, don't be suprised if there is a sighting of Pop sipping wine and Nellie quaffing a beer talking strategy at some discreet establishment.

You guys are great at this, so i would love to see a photoshp version of how that might look!