PDA

View Full Version : Flop!

Fillmoe
05-29-2007, 03:26 PM
http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/05.07/fisher%20ginobli.gif

im tired of these dudes fucking up the game!

Fillmoe
05-29-2007, 03:27 PM
http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/05.07/fisher%20nobli%20flop.gif

part deuce

mardigan
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Shit, Ill take it

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Poor baby.

pussyface.
05-29-2007, 03:34 PM
maybe quincy douby can start taking notes.

Fillmoe
05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
this ain't soccer bitch and we ain't in argentina

ducks
05-29-2007, 03:52 PM
why put yourself in that postion

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 03:56 PM
:baby

LilMissSPURfect
05-29-2007, 03:57 PM
thats how the FLOP of the coin goes sometimes

confined
05-29-2007, 04:03 PM
wtf is his problem...hes just making himself look like a dick

DarrinS
05-29-2007, 04:05 PM
1st video shows Fish putting a shoulder into Ginobili.
2nd video shows Ginobili getting hit in the face.

So, where's the flop?

eisfeld
05-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, first one looks obvious to me. Fisher hits Manu with his shoulder. Still in the second pic I can't see a clear contact.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-29-2007, 04:55 PM
sounds like someone still can't face the fact that the spurs are gonna win it all

Pistons < Spurs
05-29-2007, 04:57 PM
I sincerely hope they do make flopping a technical next year. 25% of the league is doing it, and it's killing the game IMO.

Mixability
05-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I sincerely hope they do make flopping a technical next year. 25% of the league is doing it, and it's killing the game IMO.

:tu

Fillmoe
05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
:lol @ putting a shoulder into ginobili..... even if he did hit him with a shoulder that has to be the softest shoulder hit i have ever seen.... it shouldn't make a dude that weighs about 200 lbs go flying like that.... hence FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and in the second clip if fisher hit anything it would have been ginobili's left arm..... it shouldn't make your arm fling back like someone shot it in the air..... and you definitely shouldn't hit the floor with that slight contact....

eisfeld
05-29-2007, 05:13 PM
:lol @ putting a shoulder into ginobili..... even if he did hit him with a shoulder that has to be the softest shoulder hit i have ever seen.... it shouldn't make a dude that weighs about 200 lbs go flying like that.... hence FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and in the second clip if fisher hit anything it would have been ginobili's left arm..... it shouldn't make your arm fling back like someone shot it in the air..... and you definitely shouldn't hit the floor with that slight contact....

It is soft but it was unexpected. When you are in full motion and suddenly there's a shoulder in your way you would react the same way. Manu by the way didn't hit the floor and Fisher stumbling is a clear indication of a contact. It might not be hard, but as I said before, unsuspected.

confined
05-29-2007, 06:43 PM
It is soft but it was unexpected. When you are in full motion and suddenly there's a shoulder in your way you would react the same way. Manu by the way didn't hit the floor and Fisher stumbling is a clear indication of a contact. It might not be hard, but as I said before, unsuspected.
he flopped

spursfan09
05-29-2007, 06:46 PM
http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/05.07/fisher%20ginobli.gif

:rolleyes So tell me how are the kings gonna save this game then?

Chris
05-29-2007, 06:55 PM
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/3955/84wt2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

texbound
05-29-2007, 06:59 PM

Game, set, match

leemajors
05-29-2007, 07:01 PM
fisher did hit his arm on that three. he exaggerated it, but it was still a foul.

dg7md
05-29-2007, 07:03 PM
He flopped, guys. It's pretty funny, actually. :lol

I don't mind, it's smart play that players who played in international leagues are tought to play, any coincidence that Ginobili, Oberto, Dirk, Nocioni, Divac, and others all do it?

It's an art of manipulation, it is acting, but it's just like a trick-out play to get posession back to your man. Spurs fans please stop claiming Ginobili does not flop.

I am a huge Ginobili fan, I got cards, a swingman jersey, but he does flop and it's blind to cover it up and say he doesn't when if we were in the Jazz's position we'd rant and rave about flopping in the league, despite the fact Fisher is a fish out of water.

Flopping is not necessarily an insult, why take it as that?

Pistons < Spurs
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM

I don't mind, it's smart play that players who played in international leagues are tought to play, any coincidence that Ginobili, Oberto, Dirk, Nocioni, Divac, and others all do it?

It's an art of manipulation, it is acting, but it's just like a trick-out play to get posession back to your man. Spurs fans please stop claiming Ginobili does not flop.

I am a huge Ginobili fan, I got cards, a swingman jersey, but he does flop and it's blind to cover it up and say he doesn't when if we were in the Jazz's position we'd rant and rave about flopping in the league, despite the fact Fisher is a fish out of water.

:clap :clap

E20
05-29-2007, 07:49 PM

Yes, Ginobili does flop, but with that comes:

-Ginobili not considered a good player, but a flopper who can only get his by playing tricks

-People not considering that Ginobili a good amount of the time gets fouled and sometimes those fouls ARE PRETTY HARD.

Nashfan
05-29-2007, 08:20 PM
1st video shows Fish putting a shoulder into Ginobili.
2nd video shows Ginobili getting hit in the face.

So, where's the flop?

You sure are blind. It is obvious who initiated the contact (Manu) and who flopped, especially in the first clip where he runs into Fisher. Take your Spurs rose colored glasses off. Manu is known as a flopper and it really takes away from the game for players that play it the way it is supposed to be played. Yes, I know Fisher does flop but not on that play. Manu is the king of floppers.

BUMP
05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
yeah there is no question the first one is a flop. but its not Ginobli's fault its the leagues and until they do something about it, why should somebody quit?

heck, if it gets the other team a technichal, its smart.

unless you're Devin Harris then its a pussy move around here :lol

MajorMike
05-30-2007, 09:00 AM

Wow... now we have proof that Queens baskeball is the most f*cked up.

ATRAIN
05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
what pictures or videos is everyone looking at. I saw the game and know what your talking about but I want to see it again.

ATRAIN
05-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Flopping is unfortunate and does deserve to be handled on the NBA level. Until its addressed.......its part of the game so deal with it and stop crying. Every team has at least one pro flopper. I also hate when a player jumps into another to draw a foul. Kobe is the king of that.

KFRebel
05-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Hmmm flop. I can't say anything good and/or bad about it. But I'd recommend that there should be a stat FLPG (duh, Flops Per Game). Or to sound more politically correct for our PC Liberal friends, Charges Taken Per Game or CTPG. Man! My favorite Brazilian player, Anderson Varejao, is going to lead something in NBA.

Son of Mavs Man
05-31-2007, 12:33 AM
http://freemarketsports.blogspot.com/2007/05/flopping-to-win-and-more-fans-disgust.html

Slinkyman
05-31-2007, 04:11 AM
Kings fans bitching about flopping is unbelievable when not too long ago that's what they called defense and even more insane is a suns fan bitching about it. On that first clip you can see Fish look at manu and give him a bump, manu sold it for sure but so did steve nash when horry bumped him. For the record Nash's flop was much better, it was so good the announcers thought horry actually punched him. :lol

Slinkyman
05-31-2007, 04:12 AM
http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/05.07/fisher%20nobli%20flop.gif

part deuce

hey, so, umm, when you guys drafting Oden? :lol

Obstructed_View
05-31-2007, 07:24 AM
The only thing better than the fact that Manu dominates games during winning time is the fact that it pisses off the morons.

Cherry
05-31-2007, 03:02 PM
You sure are blind. It is obvious who initiated the contact (Manu)

You are blind! :lol Fisher start and Manu is smart.

Manu is the king of floppers.

Thank god is ours! :p:
Flopping is part of the game. Live with that.

Budkin
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM

OWNED.

hater
05-31-2007, 04:26 PM

LMFAO kingsfan started this thread!

Mixability
05-31-2007, 04:51 PM
on second look, it even looks like Gino tries to get out of the way at the last second, but Fisher was persistent to bump him.

Either way, :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
05-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Everyone bringing up Divac has to look at who he was flopping against, Shaq. During Shaq's prime, the flop was one of the only ways to guard him. And when Divac flopped it wasn't as if there was no contact. Ginobli's flop against Fisher x2 and Kirilenko's flop against Barnes are examples of this new level of flop. Unless something is changed in the rules, this could ruin the game.

td4mvp21
05-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Everyone bringing up Divac has to look at who he was flopping against, Shaq. During Shaq's prime, the flop was one of the only ways to guard him. And when Divac flopped it wasn't as if there was no contact. Ginobli's flop against Fisher x2 and Kirilenko's flop against Barnes are examples of this new level of flop. Unless something is changed in the rules, this could ruin the game.

Divac flopped against everyone, not just Shaq. Probably one of the biggest ones in the league during his time.

itzsoweezee
05-31-2007, 05:54 PM

out of the two, fisher was affected a lot more by the contact than manu. either both flopped, or there was pretty hard contact on that play.

itzsoweezee
05-31-2007, 05:56 PM
You sure are blind. It is obvious who initiated the contact (Manu) and who flopped, especially in the first clip where he runs into Fisher. Take your Spurs rose colored glasses off. Manu is known as a flopper and it really takes away from the game for players that play it the way it is supposed to be played. Yes, I know Fisher does flop but not on that play. Manu is the king of floppers.

you're fucking retarded. look at it, you can see fisher bracing himself for the contact. that little crybaby bitch wanted to run into ginobili.

td4mvp21
05-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Suns fans calling out floppers after the only thing their team does resembling defense is flop and "draw charges". Nice display of hypocrisy at its finest in this thread.

ajh18
05-31-2007, 06:29 PM
I have no problem with a player using deception to gain an advantage for his team. It happens in virtually every major sport, and those fans don't seem to bitch and moan nearly as much as NBA fans do.

Baseball has a long history of it. Runners on second stealing signs, the hidden ball trick, catchers framing pitches to make them appear as strikes, the list goes on and on.

In the NFL, it is perhaps less common now that instant replay is used, but receivers still try to make balls that bounce appear as if they were caught, and quarterbacks will take dives if contact is made after a pass to get a "roughing the passer" call.

The "amount of contact" that justifies a foul in basketball is so subjective, I personally have no problem if a player wants to over-exagerate the effect that a given collision has on their body. It's a claculated risk, because if no call is made, the other player gains an advantage in positioning. Malone and Stockton did it, Vlade did it, Nash and Manu and Dirk do it... and it's something I can live with.

TheSanityAnnex
05-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Fuck the Flop. That is all I have to say.

kingsfan
05-31-2007, 07:11 PM
Vlade was the King (pun intended), he made an art out of it, now it looks like a bunch of rag dolls out on the court.