PDA

View Full Version : Tims health Gm 4 and moving fwd

Fabbs
05-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Tim looked and played like he was on valium yesterday.
Or had recieved some really serious bad news or just sleep deprivation.
Kori or anyone got any printable news?
More importantly is he over it?

timvp
05-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Duncan played like a guy who was getting hacked from every angle.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Duncan went 19 and 9 with 5 blocks and 46% shooting in a victory on the road in a building he never won in during the playoffs.

Summers
05-29-2007, 04:57 PM
He looked really frustrated to me, but physically fine.

Strike
05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
This has been the 3rd straight "physical" series for Duncan and the Spurs.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's a little battered.

duncan228
05-29-2007, 05:38 PM
He looked really frustrated to me, but physically fine.

Same here. His frustration showed, came through his body.

Everything I have found, and I find everything I can on him, says he's healthier than he's been in a long time.

If you want to worry, worry about his ability to play through games like last night. Not about his body.

And last night he showed us he can play through it.

Edit: Yes, he is battered. But he'll recover from that.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-29-2007, 05:38 PM
yeah and with the Pistons coming up next, i hope he has enough in the tank to withstand one more physical series...this one perhaps going the distance it looks like de ja vu from 2005

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Considering how well he played defense, and considering how he turned it up in the fourth quarter on both ends, I'm wondering if Fabbs watched the game.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2007, 05:49 PM
yeah and with the Pistons coming up next, i hope he has enough in the tank to withstand one more physical series...this one perhaps going the distance it looks like de ja vu from 2005

He'll have an easier time this year with the Pistons. No more Ben Wallace. Rasheed will do a good job on him but he can't stay on him the whole time and avoid foul trouble. Who else they got to put on Duncan. Webber his D is a joke, especially now with a bum knee.

CosmicCowboy
05-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Sheed plays Duncan probably better than anyone in the league. Sheed won't get any ref love though...

Marcus Bryant
05-29-2007, 05:56 PM
He looks 5 years younger than he did in the last postseason.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Sheed plays Duncan probably better than anyone in the league. Sheed won't get any ref love though...
I thought that myth died after the '05 Finals.

medstudent
05-29-2007, 05:57 PM
IMO Duncan is suffering from elephantitis of the scrotum. its the only explanation of his dominance during the playoffs.

Marcus Bryant
05-29-2007, 05:58 PM
IMO Duncan is suffering from elephantitis of the scrotum. its the only explanation of his dominance during the playoffs.

http://poetry.rotten.com/testicle/eleph-rear.gif

Fabbs
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Same here. His frustration showed, came through his body.

Everything I have found, and I find everything I can on him, says he's healthier than he's been in a long time.

Good to hear no news of illness. He looked tired from the get go. Many plays had absolutely nothing to do with being hacked at.
Chump deprogram yourself from his numbers. They don't always tell the story. Or dial into numbers on turnovers, bad passes, slow reactions altho i know you Pop and 4 Dumb offense lovers have no problem with him holding the ball for 10 seconds and then getting stripped/blocked.

He had plenty of good plays also. Block of DWilliams, some nice pivot moves, altered a lot of shots also.

Just asking if he was okay physically. It was just one game. If you don't know the answer no need to color his game last night all rosie.