Shooting Guard: Michael Jordan
Point Guard: Magic Johnson

Second Team:

Center: Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Power Forward: Karl Malone
Small Forward: ?
Shooting Guard: Julius Erving
Point Guard: Oscar Robertson

Who the heck should be second team all NBA ever?

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Your saying Timmy D is one of the top 5 greatest of all time? Hes not even the greatest right now.

:donkey :donkey :donkey

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 07:48 PM
The Mail Man isnt top 10 either.

Ocotillo
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
They are the top two power forwards of all time. I am restricting it to specific positions. There is a wealth of centers for example like Hakeem, Russell, Moses Malone, Robinson for example. If you restrict your choices to be position specific, it becomes more difficult to come up with players. Like I am having a hard time coming up with another 3 for the second team.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Erving was a small forward, not a 2.

Arguably, you could put Kobe there, but I'm sure somebody can think of something better.

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Charles Barkley>Tim Duncan

td4mvp21
05-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Your saying Timmy D is one of the top 5 greatest of all time? Hes not even the greatest right now.

Um, who's better right now? Certainly not the pussy named Dirk.

samikeyp
05-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Russell over Wilt and Kareem.

Jayem
05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Charles Barkley>Tim DuncanCharles has called Tim the Greatest PF of ALL TIME.

Cry Havoc
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM

Are we talking about practice?

rednecksbasketball
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM
First Team:

Center: Wilt Chamberlain
Power Forward: Karl malone
Small Forward: Larry Bird

Second Team:

Power Forward: Tim Duncan
Small Forward: Elgin Baylor
Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant

I switched Malone and Duncan, added Kobe as second team SG, and Baylor as the SF. Other than that good list.

Leetonidas
05-29-2007, 11:05 PM
First Team:

Center: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Second Team:

Center: Shaquille O'Neal
Small Forward: Julius Erving
Shooting Guard: George Gervin
Point Guard: Steve Nash

dbreiden83080
05-29-2007, 11:59 PM

Starting 5 he is the best PF ever, yes he would deserve to be on that squad's first team.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2007, 12:00 AM
First Team:

That would be my first team as well. Good god they would beat everyone by 100 pts.

conqueso
05-30-2007, 12:10 AM
First Team:

Power Forward: Karl malone

Second Team:

Small Forward: Elgin Baylor
Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant

I switched Malone and Duncan, added Kobe as second team SG, and Baylor as the SF. Other than that good list.

Do you really think Malone would work as well with Magic as he did with Stockton? Magic is an amazing passer (obviously), but he wasn't at his best with the pick-and-roll, he was as his best in the open court. Malone was worse on the break than Tim is. Since Magic is a lock for first team PG, I think Duncan works better.

And that ignores the rings and Finals MVPs (which you can write off to Malone playing in the Jordan era). Factor that in, and the team-first mentality of Duncan, and I don't see where you get Malone ahead of Duncan on the first team. If you're just going by stats, fine, but statistically, the Big O was superior to Magic, so why not put him on the first team?

flipcritic
05-30-2007, 12:33 AM
First Team:

Second Team:

Small Forward: ?
Shooting Guard: Julius Erving

Who the heck should be second team all NBA ever?

I'd pick Bill Russell over Wilt in the first team. The debate over who is the best Center ever revolving around Russell, Wilt, and Kareem might go on forever. But I'd pick Russel for MY all-nba all-time team simply because everybody else would score the bejeezus out of the opposing squad (and Russell wasn't a slouch himself offensively).

True Bill Russell was no Wilt or Kareem offensively, but defensively, he was probably the best defender of all time.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2007, 01:02 AM
I'd pick Bill Russell over Wilt in the first team. The debate over who is the best Center ever revolving around Russell, Wilt, and Kareem might go on forever. But I'd pick Russel for MY all-nba all-time team simply because everybody else would score the bejeezus out of the opposing squad (and Russell wasn't a slouch himself offensively).

True Bill Russell was no Wilt or Kareem offensively, but defensively, he was probably the best defender of all time.

Wilt was a great defender as well an even better rebounder and far and away the most dominant offensive force the game has ever known. Wilt is the best center of all time hands down to me.