PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow...Kobe tells all on Radio Show.

TheNextGen
05-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Kobe is on the Petros and Money Show telling all!

Mentions how he didn't mind taking the blame for Shaq but now after a Laker Insider said stuff today, he's coming out with what happened.

He said he talked to Baron, Artest and Boozer personally because they called him and when Kobe calls Mitch, Mitch would give an excuse why they wont pick them up.

Also, he talked to Phil today and he asked what exaclty did Lakers Org say to Phil at end of 2004. Phil said that Shaq is gone regardless if Kobe stays or not, and that Lakers will scale back for a while under the cap space. Kobe got pissed becuz Jerry Buss said they will try all they can to get him to another ring.

Drama!

Kobe sounds pissesd and says he doesnt care what happens after this interview because its the truth.,..and he is calling out Jerry Buss and Mitch to say if it isnt.

CRAZY!

spursfan09
05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I bet he gets traded.

TheNextGen
05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
i dunno whats goin to happen. He let alot of things out. Phil told Kobe today that he got fired because they wanted to scale back aswell. Just like Shaq getting traded.

SO absically Kobe is pissed he was lied too. That Lakers had no intention in getting players.

ducks
05-29-2007, 07:13 PM
lakers would be better off trading for youth and moving on

ducks
05-29-2007, 07:15 PM
did not kobe say lakers were going to stand pat before this
lakers needed a point guard before this anyhow
you can not stand pat in the west
lakers are being stupid

Sec24Row7
05-29-2007, 07:16 PM
lakers would be better off trading for youth and moving on

We'll give them Beno, White, Finley, Ely barry and Francisco for him :p

Pistons < Spurs
05-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Good for Kobe!

I don't blame him for being pissed.

I hope he keeps talking. He takes on so much blame for things that I don't really believe are necessarily his fault.

TheNextGen
05-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Good for Kobe!

I don't blame him for being pissed.

I hope he keeps talking. He takes on so much blame for things that I don't really believe are necessarily his fault.

I bet the Lakers org is in repair mode with him right now. Podcast is availble soon on

http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/main.html

I bet every team is putting together a package for Kobe right now.

trueD
05-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Owners, GM's and coaches may clamor for Kobe, but players won't, I bet.

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Dirk for Kobe. Straight up.

ducks
05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
lakers will try to trade him east first

Sec24Row7
05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
lol that would make both teams worse... kobe on the mavs... no chance of getting past the Spurs...

the reason that the mavs match up so well against the spurs is because Dirk makes us play small...

w/o dirk we can play our regular bigs and just put bruce on kobe and let him pester the hell out of him...

ducks
05-29-2007, 07:37 PM
NBA Rumors - Los Angeles Lakers ‘Unfavorable’ medical reports could hinder Lakers’ trades
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 4:35 pm EDT

Getty Images
Two of the Los Angeles Lakers' main trading pieces, Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown, received unfavorable medical reports in recent weeks, which could make trades difficult in the near future.

Odom underwent surgery two weeks ago to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, a procedure that will require about four months of recovery time.

Brown will have surgery this week to remove bone spurs from his left ankle and could face reconstructive surgery to ligaments in the ankle that would potentially sideline him for several months.

Source: Los Angeles Times

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 07:39 PM
lakers will try to trade him east first

the east sucks. they have no one to offer. boston could throw pierce at him, but besides that i expect him to stay out west with the lakers or not.

Ocotillo
05-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Trade him for Shaq.

lurker
05-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I love that it says "Kobe with PMS." It's fitting.

dallaskd
05-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Trade him for Shaq.

was that a joke?

TheNextGen
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Kobe for Portlands 1st round pick and Brandon Roy

TheNextGen
05-29-2007, 08:00 PM
They are going to replay the interview in one minute!

http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/pages/streaming.html

Ocotillo
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
was that a joke?
yep

ShoogarBear
05-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Trade him for Shaq.:lmao

stretch
05-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Terry, Howard, and Harris for Kobe. A duo of Kobe/Dirk would be absolutely devastating and possibly an even bigger nightmare than Shaq/Kobe used to be.

Pistons < Spurs
05-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Terry, Howard, and Harris for Kobe. A duo of Kobe/Dirk would be absolutely devastating and possibly an even bigger nightmare than Shaq/Kobe used to be.
Well Kobe wouldn't need to worry about passing in the 4th. He knows Dirk wants nothing to do with the ball when the games on the line.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 09:20 PM
He said he talked to Baron, Artest and Boozer personally because they called him and when Kobe calls Mitch, Mitch would give an excuse why they wont pick them up.The excuse was "Basketball players aren't general managers, Kobe. Now go be a basketball player, bitch."

TheNextGen
05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
The excuse was "Basketball players aren't general managers, Kobe. Now go be a basketball player, bitch."

Well Kobe did his job, lets see the "General Manager" do his.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Well Kobe did his job, lets see the "General Manager" do his.He traded Shaq for Kobe and destroyed a once proud franchise in the name of Kobe's ego -- what more does Kobe want from him?

Jayem
05-29-2007, 10:41 PM
direct audio link:
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KLAC-AM/070529%20Kobe%20with%20PMS.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=727&STATION_ID=KLAC-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=AM_570&PCAST_CAT=Arts_%26_Entertainment&PCAST_TITLE=Interviews

ducks
05-29-2007, 11:10 PM
direct audio link:
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KLAC-AM/070529%20Kobe%20with%20PMS.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=727&STATION_ID=KLAC-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=AM_570&PCAST_CAT=Arts_%26_Entertainment&PCAST_TITLE=Interviews
intersting

TheNextGen
05-29-2007, 11:23 PM
He traded Shaq for Kobe and destroyed a once proud franchise in the name of Kobe's ego -- what more does Kobe want from him?

Yah....and Shaq demanding a trade and Kobe being a free Agent had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes

freedom&justice
05-29-2007, 11:34 PM
smart thing for Kobe. the lakers' owner, Jerry Buss, got arrested for suspected DUI. :lol

I'm glad he's speaking up - I always thought he got an unfair share of the blame for what happened in '04. the lakers flat out lied to him, and with Kobe's competitive nature, he was never going to be able to handle losing all the time to begin with - and with that revelation, I think he just snapped.

trueD
05-30-2007, 12:16 AM
direct audio link:

What a major whine fest!

Kobe has sealed his fate. He obviously doesn't know about the "24 hour" rule when angry, dayum. Self-Sabatoge City.

Spurs go
05-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I wont be surprised if kobe tries to force a trade to chicago bulls in the offseason

freedom&justice
05-30-2007, 01:11 AM
I wont be surprised if kobe tries to force a trade to chicago bulls in the offseason

noooooooo!!!! the last thing we need is another superstar in the east - we have enough trouble with lehype and Wade as it is.

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 01:33 AM
If he went to Chicago, they better do the trade on the condition that Kobe can't wear 24 or any number anywhere close to 23. Hell, he can't wear anything close to 45 either. No numbers in the 20's or 40's for him. He can either go back to 8 or pick some other number, but he should never be allowed to disgrace Jordan's 23 or 45.

Nbadan
05-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Sad thing is, if Kobe was a team-player, he would have had a ring by now, but he want's it to be all about Kobe. That said, if anyone ever had a chance to get Kobe's head straight, it would be POP.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Anyone know what the "Laker Insider" said about Kobe? specifically?

:lol @ Kobe alienating the whole Laker Org.

Kobe always playing the "victim" I'm pretty sure the blame doesn't ALLL go on everyone else but him? Funny how it works out that way in his radio interview. Regardless if the FO is a "mess" as he said. Kobe's whole drama-queen attitude alone in that interview makes it hard for me to feel any sympathy for him feeling frustrated.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Kobe is so fucking impulsive it's funny

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2007, 01:55 AM
My favorite part of the interview, nearing the end, Kobe actually cries about even having a "headache today."

trueD
05-30-2007, 02:11 AM
Anyone know what the "Laker Insider" said about Kobe? specifically?

Stars are aligned in latest Lakers drama
Bryant, the Busses, Jackson, Kupchak and West form a tangled web of alliances and complicated relationships, all of which doesn't change the fact that the team will not trade Bryant.
May 29, 2007
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-heisler29may29,1,7820976.column?page=1&coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

Not that the Lakers are unsettled, but these days you can't tell the factions without a program:

• Jerry Buss — Owner, which isn't as much fun as it used to be.

• Jim Buss — Owner's son and right-hand man. Just gave a radio interview in which he suggested once more that he and his father only reluctantly brought back …

• Phil Jackson — Coach who doesn't want to go out like this, making him a close ally of …

• Kobe Bryant — Franchise player who's holding out the possibility of asking to be traded to another franchise if they don't bring back …

• Jerry West — Once and perhaps future Lakers icon, although his primary loyalty in this situation goes to …

• Mitch Kupchak — West's old right-hand man, now the Lakers general manager, which means that even if Jerry Buss still backs him, Kupchak is the one everyone blames for everything.

• Jeanie Buss — Owner's daughter who has a long-standing relationship with Jackson. Runs the business side of the operation but has no clout on the basketball side.

Tangled as their web was, they didn't think things could get any worse … until news that Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown would need surgery, complicating trades, and Western Conference rivals Portland and Seattle drew the picks with which they're expected to take budding superstars Greg Oden and Kevin Durant.

Seeming to raise the stakes with every telephone interview, Bryant told The Times' Mike Bresnahan that his frustration was ongoing, turning our Sunday paper into a special section on Kobe.

Then Bryant did his usual number with ESPN's Ric Bucher, who was obliged to go on camera and state Bryant's views, as opposed to quoting him directly.

Bryant said he wanted West back. Bucher paraphrased him as adding, "Short of doing that, yes, I have a no-trade clause. Yes, I'd be willing to waive that. You might as well go ahead and trade me because I can't wait for the current team to develop."

Bucher says that after going on the air, he checked back and Bryant said he'd been accurately represented.

However, the same day, Bryant told Bresnahan that he wanted West, but it wasn't an ultimatum — "It's not something where I demand he comes here. All I can do is offer my thoughts. I love being a Laker. I want to retire a Laker. I want to fix this thing or at least help any way I can."

This is enough to keep every sports talk show in the nation busy until the start of next season, but let's cut to the chase.

Kobe's not going anywhere now, whether he asks to be traded or not.

The Lakers aren't remotely ready to consider trading him and starting over.

In a year, a lot of things might have come to a head and the Lakers might feel different. Now there's no way.

Bryant has been a perfect organization man for three seasons, maintaining a steadfast belief in the same goal they pursued, however unrealistic it was.

Nevertheless, as a Lakers insider notes, it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from Shaquille O'Neal that got them in this mess.

It's true enough. By their final season, O'Neal and Bryant disliked each other equally.

However, O'Neal was just focused on a three-year, $80-million extension, which was about $15 million higher than Buss wanted to go.

It was Bryant who was focused on getting away from O'Neal, whether that meant going to the Clippers or returning to the Lakers after they traded him.

One thing the Lakers don't have to worry about: If Bryant is here, he'll play. Whatever problems he presents, not giving his all isn't among them.

Whether Kobe said anything about asking to be traded or not, it's implicit in everything he says.

Bryant has been fuming privately for months but has stopped short of actually asking to be traded.

However, trying to carry a modest roster facing giant expectations — starting with his own — it was always a possibility.

Seattle's Ray Allen said three years ago that he expected Bryant to ask to be traded. The Lakers media corps was keenly aware of Bryant's mood, which was unfailingly upbeat until this season's 16-27 finish and their first-round, barely-bothered-to-show-up exit.

Bryant has little leverage, two seasons from his 2009 opt-out. However, a year from now, the Lakers would be at a decision point, facing the prospect of losing him and getting nothing.

West could well return — but not to run things.

At 69, at the end of his five-year run in Memphis, his first concern isn't Bryant but Kupchak.

West is not only Kupchak's mentor but his close friend. As an insider said Monday, "Jerry would not come back to the Lakers under any scenario in which he's seen as replacing Mitch."

If West returns at all, it would be in a background role, most likely as a consultant.

Until Jerry Buss signs on, any thought of West's return is still just another Lakers dream.

On Sunday, West restated his loyalty to Memphis owner Michael Heisley and Kupchak but told ESPN's Jim Gray, "I'm a lifelong Laker, so we'll see what happens."

However, friends say West is so unhappy at the perception that this is happening, he will release a statement saying he has no plans past finishing his season in Memphis.

Moreover, the idea did not originate with Buss, who has yet to indicate what he thinks of it.

Of course, now that West's name is out there, Buss might have little more choice than he did two years ago when he knew Lakers fans wouldn't settle for any coach but Jackson.

Leaving the fans out of it, if West is willing to be a consultant, the Lakers had better consult him.

Their old model organization is now all over the map. Even in a low-key, background role, West would be the voice everyone respects that they need so badly.

No general manager in the NBA ever had West's cachet. Without it, there was no check on Buss' optimism, which turned into three years of organizational denial that continues to this confused day of this turbulent off-season.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-30-2007, 02:16 AM
I hate how kobe is crying about not having a team built to win a championship. It's true that he doesn't have the players around him, but the real problem is the state the NBA is in in terms of how much it's "superstars" make. The NBA has become so dilluted over the years because of this. You've got teams who aren't going to spend the money to obtain good players becuse of their too high expectations and demands money wise, and I don't blame them.

And Kobe isn't helping his cause becuase he probably takes up half of the salary cap. He's fooled into regarding the status quo as legit--his salary shows for it!--when it is in opposition to his own argument. He's got to take a pay cut.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-30-2007, 02:22 AM
Ah, cool, thanks TrueD.

lol, it's funny, how Kobe's stigma is so strong. I wonder if Jerry Buss and co. kept Bryant in the dark, *because* of the fact that in 2004, he was such a drama-queen (and still is apparently), and wasn't trusted in the decision making for the Laker Franchise.

Lp26
05-30-2007, 02:40 AM
Since my team is sucking, and this whole drama sounds fairly interesting, i went on the Lakers board. Apparently Shaq's getting in on the action and on ESPN ? (or somewhere), he's saying that Kobe is telling the truth.

The drama of Laker Land :lol

slayermin
05-30-2007, 03:01 AM
:lol at Kobe

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb104/slayermin/spurs.jpg

BUMP
05-30-2007, 08:54 AM
lol that would make both teams worse... kobe on the mavs... no chance of getting past the Spurs...

the reason that the mavs match up so well against the spurs is because Dirk makes us play small...

w/o dirk we can play our regular bigs and just put bruce on kobe and let him pester the hell out of him...

for once i agree with the Spurs worshipping here.

Dirk creates matchup problems with the Spurs. there is not much defensively that Golden State threw at Dirk then San Antoniio threw at him near the end of the series last year. the difference is, Dirk came to play in the san antonio series. im tired of the knee-jerk reactions. this move just shows that we are focusing on getting past the Warriors. lets just focus on developing Dirk into a complete superstar. it can still happen. Trading superstars is not the answer. we need to keep our core of players. if we wanna win a championship we cant blow up this team, or we will always knock ourselves down a notch every offseason. thats my take

MajorMike
05-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Anyone hear the interview?

Kobe: "That place is a mess."

ducks
05-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Stephen A. Smith | Bryant fires back at Lakers
By Stephen A. Smith
Inquirer Columnist
RELATED STORIES
No stars to shine at Sixers camp
NBA | Rookie lends James a hand
More on the 76ers
READER FEEDBACK
Post a comment
While the NBA playoffs are going on, one of the main figures stuck at home watching like everybody else is busy ruffling feathers, naming names, and looking for the first ride out of Hollywood.
Even if he has to hitchhike.

Kobe Bryant has already let it be known that he's not interested in playing in Los Angeles any longer - not as long as general manager Mitch Kupchak and the rest of the Lakers' brass are making basketball decisions without the counsel of Jerry West, the team's former general manager, who was responsible for clearing his path from Lower Merion to Tinseltown.

Things would be significant were they to stop there. "Except I'm not about to," Bryant said yesterday. "I've been quiet long enough."

Just weeks after saying something needed to be done to improve the Lakers' roster, days after reiterating that point, and hours after suggesting that West's return to the organization might be the solution, Bryant went on an all-out assault after reading that a "team source" intimated in yesterday's Los Angeles Times that he was the reason Shaquille O'Neal was traded.

The Lakers' owner, Jerry Buss, "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season," Bryant said yesterday.

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant said. "I went up to his penthouse suite. looks me dead in the face and says: [B]'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait. This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.' "
"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant said. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."

And what does O'Neal think?

"I believe Kobe 100 percent," said O'Neal, reached yesterday while in Los Angeles on business. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent. I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me."

Now look where it's gotten the Lakers. And Bryant.

Buss, who was arrested yesterday in Carlsbad, Calif., for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol, was unavailable for comment. So, too, was Kupchak. But the Lakers' organization did not deny yesterday that such a conversation took place.

The Lakers were bounced out of the first round of the playoffs for the second consecutive season. And for the second straight season, it happened with Bryant as the league's leading scorer but still resembling the foot soldier going to gunfights with a pocket knife.

Bryant, saddled with Lamar Odom and little else to show for three NBA titles, said he wanted Baron Davis, then Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd and Ron Artest, each time being told the Lakers couldn't get a deal done.

Now, three full seasons after O'Neal's departure to Miami, Bryant appears to have lost all faith. The fact that he's keenly aware that most people feel he deserves to be miserable for helping to dismantle a potential dynasty - by provoking O'Neal's exodus - appears to have infuriated him now more than ever.

Never mind that O'Neal was traded on July 14, 2004, for Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, and a first-round pick, or that Bryant re-signed for seven years at $136 million the very next day.

"The challenge is what it was all about for me," said Bryant, who negotiated a no-trade clause in his contract. "I told Dr. Buss - obviously, I was about to become a free agent - that I was interested in attacking the market. Chicago and the L.A. Clippers had better rosters. I was gone until Dr. Buss called me from vacation in Italy promising me he was not going to wait five years to rebuild, that he was going to rebuild right now. I trusted him.

"Sure, Shaq and I had our issues. So what! We always did and we won three titles. That doesn't change what was told to me. It doesn't change the fact I never, ever, said to get rid of him. And it damn sure doesn't change the fact that all these years later, promises made to make this team better have not been kept. So where does that leave me?"

Chicago? New York? Philadelphia, perhaps?

"Keep talking," Bryant quipped. "Anything sounds good right now with the way I'm feeling."
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/stephen_a_smith/20070530_Stephen_A__Smith____Bryant_fires_back_at_ Lakers.html

MajorMike
05-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh, yes, Stephen A. Smith is the best journalist.... ever.

itzsoweezee
05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
kobe got screwed by the lakers. that organization is a mess. he should've signed with the clips when they had the chance. they could have been competing for a championship. but right now, the future looks really bleak for the Fakers.

ducks
05-30-2007, 09:08 AM
On sportscenter, Shaq says Kobe is telling the truth about Buss not wanting to pay him 30 million regardless of what Kobe does as a free agent.

DarkReign
05-30-2007, 09:21 AM

Like he is pestering Deron Williams?

DarkReign
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Im glad he is speaking out. That whole Shaq mess looks as though he doesnt deserve 1/5 of the blame he got.

Kobe is the best player in the league. Kobe is the most clutch player in the league.

If I were a team with assests, I would be ringing Kupchak's phone off the hook. Anyone with a brain should be. Someone alluded to Brandon Roy....if Portland could keep their #1 pick in the deal (Oden), they should pull the trigger.

ATRAIN
05-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Kobe wants to be traded to the Nuggets so he can be close to his Colorado ho's.

trueD
05-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Ah, cool, thanks TrueD.

lol, it's funny, how Kobe's stigma is so strong. I wonder if Jerry Buss and co. kept Bryant in the dark, *because* of the fact that in 2004, he was such a drama-queen (and still is apparently), and wasn't trusted in the decision making for the Laker Franchise.
Could be, Kobe as an off-court "go to" guy doesn't sound right.

What is funny is that Shaq gets traded and the very next day Kobe signs, but he said courting offers with Bulls & Clips didn't have anything to do with Shaq. Kobe also said Buss told him he wasn't trading Shaq because Kobe had a problem with him, and it was going to happen regardless of what Kobe did. The very next day Buss is on the phone with Kobe begging him to sign.

The trick for Kobe was to make everything look like someone elses decision, and the trick for Buss was to keep Kobe. Yeah, I'd say Buss got the better of Kobe, for sure.

Shaq has an axe to grind with Lakers for chosing Kobe's ego over his own, so why not back Kobe? Plus, who knows whether Lakers will trade Kobe for J-Will, Walker and Posey? :lol

Medvedenko
05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Shaq backing Kobe....Kobe bashing the FO....damn....hopefully they can right the ship prior to training camp. I have faith..... :(

lebomb
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
The Lakers will not be the same next year......I think there will be a blockbuster trade involving KOBE.

Mark it.

ducks
05-30-2007, 11:24 AM
lakers now should start over
hoever odom is not clear medically
he and brown are not clear
trading them will be hard
if I am cuban I offer anyone besided dirk for kobe

ducks
05-30-2007, 11:25 AM
kobe for amare and 4 pick in draft
wait suns got fucked in the draft that will not work

ducks
05-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Shaq backing Kobe....Kobe bashing the FO....damn....hopefully they can right the ship prior to training camp. I have faith..... :(

what do you think they should do?

TheNextGen
05-30-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd whine like a bitch too if i was working my ass off trying to get to a ring while behind it all, the Front Office had no intention at all of even trying. What a waste of Kobe's prime. Thats some f*ked up Shiznit!

TheNextGen
05-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Kobe just asked to be traded

DudleyDawson
05-30-2007, 12:00 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6864820

Viva Las Espuelas
05-30-2007, 12:01 PM
i think if kobe goes, so does phil.

freedom&justice
05-30-2007, 12:07 PM
i think if kobe goes, so does phil.

if that happens, lakers are screwed.

TheNextGen
05-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Lakers better get a superstar...not no caron butler or lamar odom type players =P

Tobias
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~flobojo/crazy_kermit.gif

stretch
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Well Kobe wouldn't need to worry about passing in the 4th. He knows Dirk wants nothing to do with the ball when the games on the line.
:rolleyes Right. Dirk only singlehandedly bailed the Mavs out of a game 7 last year against the Spurs, and kicked Phoenix's asses in games 5 and 6 when they needed him most. He may not have had a great playoff run, but he is still a clutch player. Despite having a terrible showing, Dirk was the one making all the clutch plays when they were down 9 with like 3 minutes to go in game 5 against the Warriors.

freedom&justice
05-30-2007, 12:16 PM
^ Despite what people might think about Kobe presonally, he's still undeniably a great player. the mavs, as great as they are, could use a guy who's a legit threat in crunch time - from all angles, and it could help negate their warriors problem. Lakers would never go for it, though - that'd be suicide.

Medvedenko
05-30-2007, 12:24 PM
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so pissed, at who Kobe, the FO, the fans....fuck,fuck...#$@$@#$@$@$@$

Kobe stayed idle the last 3 years saying the right thing....and now the front office is playing double talk and not keeping up with their promises This shit is fucked. I love the Lakers, I love Kobe as a player....but this is messed. It's like when Gretzky was traded...I couldn't bear it.

stretch
05-30-2007, 12:24 PM
^ Despite what people might think about Kobe presonally, he's still undeniably a great player. the mavs, as great as they are, could use a guy who's a legit threat in crunch time - from all angles, and it could help negate their warriors problem. Lakers would never go for it, though - that'd be suicide.
oh i agree that Kobe would be great to have. im not arguing that one bit. i really hope the mavs pursue him. if they could have a duo of Kobe/Dirk, that would be sick. IMO, the Mavs should deal Terry, Howard, Harris for Kobe. then sign Steve Blake, resign Stack and George, and go after PJ Brown, or possibly even Bonzi Wells. then they could have a nice lineup of...

PG - Blake/Barea
SG - Kobe/Ager
SF - George/Stack
PF - Dirk/Brown
C - Diop/Damp

TheNextGen
05-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I know...99% of the people clowning Kobe in this thread is now salivating in hope of getting him on thier team. :spin

adidas11
05-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Nothing new here, in my opinion. I always knew that the decision to trade Shaq back in 2004 was a money matter, and nothing more. And for the current situation, a lot of huffing and puffing will come out in the next few months, but nothing will happen. The Lakers won't trade Kobe. But I'm still not sure what kind of trade they could pull off in order to become a better team and advance past the first round.

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:53 PM
lakers owner= liar

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Nothing new here, in my opinion. I always knew that the decision to trade Shaq back in 2004 was a money matter, and nothing more. And for the current situation, a lot of huffing and puffing will come out in the next few months, but nothing will happen. The Lakers won't trade Kobe. But I'm still not sure what kind of trade they could pull off in order to become a better team and advance past the first round.
maybe not but baron davis wanted to go there for less money
wtf is up with lakers saying no

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:56 PM
did lakers tell the paper to print the laker insider to say kobe forced shaq out so he would demand out
pr move on lakers part?

freedom&justice
05-30-2007, 01:00 PM
oh i agree that Kobe would be great to have. im not arguing that one bit. i really hope the mavs pursue him. if they could have a duo of Kobe/Dirk, that would be sick. IMO, the Mavs should deal Terry, Howard, Harris for Kobe. then sign Steve Blake, resign Stack and George, and go after PJ Brown, or possibly even Bonzi Wells. then they could have a nice lineup of...

PG - Blake/Barea
SG - Kobe/Ager
SF - George/Stack
PF - Dirk/Brown
C - Diop/Damp

there were some rumors that Brown would hang 'em up next year, but if he does return, I suspect he'll want to go back to the bulls. Bonzi is probably the biggest team cancer this side of Ron Artest - bad idea. Other than that, yeah, you should be set. It might be better to keep Josh Howard though. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the lakers would never go for it, seeing as the mavs play in the West.

If they trade him, they'll send him east - and I'd hate that. We have too many superstar guard/forwards to deal with already. :madrun

freedom&justice
05-30-2007, 01:02 PM
did lakers tell the paper to print the laker insider to say kobe forced shaq out so he would demand out
pr move on lakers part?

Who knows. Jerry Buss seems to be totally out of it. His kids don't seem to be doing any better.

DarkReign
05-30-2007, 01:03 PM

PG - Blake/Barea
SG - Kobe/Ager
SF - George/Stack
PF - Dirk/Brown
C - Diop/Damp

If you could do something with your PG postion, that team would win many championships.

EDIT: whoops, wrong Blake. nvm

Purple & Gold
05-30-2007, 01:37 PM
I heard both of his interviews yesterday and it's laughable what I heard. First off if Kobe didn't know we were in rebuilding phase then he was the only one in the country. Everybody in the world knew it was going to take some years. As for Kobe acting like he took all the blame for Shaq leaving. Please... Dr. Buss has continually said that they made this move independent of anything having to do with Kobe. This was just a ploy to force a trade while trying to save face in the court of public opinion. I have no problem with him asking for a trade, this is business. But to make it seem that he was lied to and he's so hurt because of a Lakers insider is funny as hell. If it's a business decision it's a business decision. Don't try to make it seem like it's some type of personal thing.

DDS4
05-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I heard both of his interviews yesterday and it's laughable what I heard. First off if Kobe didn't know we were in rebuilding phase then he was the only one in the country. Everybody in the world knew it was going to take some years. As for Kobe acting like he took all the blame for Shaq leaving. Please... Dr. Buss has continually said that they made this move independent of anything having to do with Kobe. This was just a ploy to force a trade while trying to save face in the court of public opinion. I have no problem with him asking for a trade, this is business. But to make it seem that he was lied to and he's so hurt because of a Lakers insider is funny as hell. If it's a business decision it's a business decision. Don't try to make it seem like it's some type of personal thing.

Kobe's take no prisoners attitude and competitiveness is spilling over. He wants out and will do ANYTHING to accomplish that, even if it means bringing the whole ship down.

Questions I have:

1) If Buss is a hardass and tells Kobe to eat it for two more years, how the hell do the rest of the Lakers play with this guy?

2) Even if Buss wants to trade him, there's a real short list where Kobe can go. Matching salaries to another playoff team/championship contender is damn near impossible.

Purple & Gold
05-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Kobe's take no prisoners attitude and competitiveness is spilling over. He wants out and will do ANYTHING to accomplish that, even if it means bringing the whole ship down.

Questions I have:

1) If Buss is a hardass and tells Kobe to eat it for two more years, how the hell do the rest of the Lakers play with this guy?

2) Even if Buss wants to trade him, there's a real short list where Kobe can go. Matching salaries to another playoff team/championship contender is damn near impossible.

Kobe has every right to ask for a trade, just like the Lakers have every right to trade him. This is business, the Lakers will do what's best for the Franchise and Kobe will do what's best for himself. None of this I was hurt I was lied to. :lol

The problem with Kobe and Shaq is they think they are the best ever and once in a lifetime talents. The fact is they are not. Kobe is not better than Magic, Shaq is probably the 3rd best Laker center ever. They overstate their place in Laker history.

As for your questions:
1) I know Buss will be a hardass. He will not trade him for way below market value. Kobe called him out and this will not go lightly. A trade won't be made to make Kobe happy. It will be an ugly lockeroom if Kobe is not moved.

2) They will get players for him. Even if his trade value is much lower, he is still the best player in the NBA and some teams will outbid other teams. He will bring back a couple of nice players as well as a high draft pick.

Update:
Kobe is on am 570 right now saying that it is still salvageable. :dramaquee

ducks
05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
kobe has a no trade clause lakers signed it kobe can waive it
lakers do not have a right to trade him unless he ask

Medvedenko
05-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Regardless....his patience is done...I'll follow Kobe...I don't like where the Lakers FO is going...
DUI, Son of Buss, not a basketball mind...Cupcake is a pretty poor GM, not horrible...backstabbing each other as well. Not a great time for a Laker player. Yes, Kobe should have vented internally, but I guess he seems that enoughs enough. I'd be sad to see him go, as I want him in the Laker uniform for life. Still, I see this diffused quickly (1 month) and they'll go back hugging when it's all said and done.

Purple & Gold
05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
kobe has a no trade clause lakers signed it kobe can waive it
lakers do not have a right to trade him unless he ask

Kobe blew the right to use the no trade clause in the publics eye. He will look like the ultimate bad guy if he demands a trade and then uses his no trade clause unless it's a team and situation he wants to go to. Just as all of this drama has weakened the Lakers hand, it has also weakened Kobe's hand.

Purple & Gold
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Regardless....his patience is done...I'll follow Kobe...I don't like where the Lakers FO is going...
DUI, Son of Buss, not a basketball mind...Cupcake is a pretty poor GM, not horrible...backstabbing each other as well. Not a great time for a Laker player. Yes, Kobe should have vented internally, but I guess he seems that enoughs enough. I'd be sad to see him go, as I want him in the Laker uniform for life. Still, I see this diffused quickly (1 month) and they'll go back hugging when it's all said and done.
Bye don't let the door hit you on the way out.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Shut up and fish, bitch.