PDA

View Full Version : I hate articles like this.

E20
05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtTrwgmL.62ndYmg4cQe6ty8vLYF?slug=aw-ginobili052807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I mean, I'm sorry because this is probably the 15th time something like this has been posted, but does it piss anybody else off that some of our players don't get any credit for what they do? I mean showing everybody up and winning championships is good and all, but what's the point if they still won't acknowledge that Bowen, TD, Manuetc..... are really GOOD players and in Tim's case GREAT.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2007, 07:49 PM
I would not mind it if there werent equal amounts of scoffage against Dwade, DIRK (whose entire mid range game is predicated on pump fakes and free throw trips, almost as much as kobe's), etc

i guess hate, jealousy, and envy comes with the territory of being a...............................................wa it for it................................................ ......WINNER

E20
05-29-2007, 07:51 PM
You guys probably don't feel it as much as I do, since a majority of you guys live in SA, but where I'm at there are constant reminders how:

-TD is second rate to guys like KG, Dirk, Shaq etc...and I debate those all with proven facts and it still wont' get through them.
-Manu sucks and can only flop his way onto the stat sheet
-Bowen is dirty player and constantly fouls on every possesion
-The Spurs are weak/soft/dirty/suck/past there prime/too old etc.....

And the Spurs winning can't even seem to change peoples mind.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
The degree of hatred, jealousy, envy, nonsense that other nba fans exhibit towards our team is always an indicator of how successful our team has become.

aaronstampler
05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
The degree of hatred, jealousy, envy, nonsense that other nba fans exhibit towards our team is always an indicator of how successful our team has become.

OMG. This is classic. You rip on Manu as much as anyone when he has a bad game. Now when he plays well you're like, "I can't believe how some people are so jealous..."

Dude, seriously go have sex with your own mouth.

E20
05-29-2007, 08:00 PM
LMAO I printed the picture of Okur fouling Manu in case of people were going to play the flop card.

smrattler
05-29-2007, 08:00 PM
If we win the title? 4th one in 8 yrs? I really don't care what they write, as long as it says "Champs" in there somewhere. Reminds me of that movie Shallow Hall? If the girl you were dating looked like Wonder Woman to you but everyone else thought she was ugly? Would you care? No.

ClingingMars
05-29-2007, 08:08 PM

OUR team? hmmm last time i checked the team name under your avatar is the TORONTO RAPTORS. How far did THEY get in the playoffs, huh?

-Mars

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2007, 08:21 PM
OUR team? hmmm last time i checked the team name under your avatar is the TORONTO RAPTORS. How far did THEY get in the playoffs, huh?

-Mars

Immediately before the playoffs I changed my team as it shows on my profile in support of Houston-born TJ Ford and his Lancaster-born teammate Chris Bosh. And I will not change it back to Spurs for fear of jinxing us.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
OMG. This is classic. You rip on Manu as much as anyone when he has a bad game. Now when he plays well you're like, "I can't believe how some people are so jealous..."

Fuck you bitch why don't you learn to fucking read.

When the hell did I say anythign about Manu in my post, moreover, where does it say in the forum rules that you have to like every fucking game Manu has in order to be a Spurs fan.

YOu and people like you still look like ignorant jackasses for pretending Manu was playing well a couple weeks ago.

You'll never convince someone with a bball IQ higher than 1 than Manu was playing well at that time. So learn how to post with a little more wit or savvy cuz you're shit is weak brah.

Oh wait, wait a minute, i just realized that my post did have something to say about Manu. Hooray for AaronStampler. Hooray.

smeagol
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
nah . . . he likes having sex with mookie, pimpo, thispego, LAmarcus bryant, oscar de la (I know, they are one and the same)

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2007, 08:27 PM
I have the definitive opinion on all things 9/11

ChumpDumper
05-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I thought I did.

:depressed

mikekim
05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
I love how the guy neglects to mention how much of a flopper Fisher is. Right after Deron Williams' comment would've been a nice spot to put that in there.

I've always thought Adrian Woj....ski was a second-rate writer...his good articles are borderline mediocre-good. Is he at all related to that other Woj...ski guy on espn??

TampaDude
05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Keep hating...we'll keep winning...

thispego
05-29-2007, 08:39 PM
nah . . . he likes having sex with mookie, pimpo, thispego, LAmarcus bryant, oscar de la (I know, they are one and the same)
good one

HJNTX
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM

You hit the nail on the head!!!

smeagol
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm convinced well placed explosives brought down the towers. I'm just not going to tell you who placed them

thispego
05-29-2007, 08:46 PM
i thought it was a pretty good article. they're already saying the series is over... and it's another team to add to the list of ginobili haters.
ginobili loves that shit

K-State Spur
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
You know, the quote by Deron Williams saying that "he flops" doesn't mention Manu by name. It's quite possible that he is talking about Fisher or Harpring.

cherylsteele
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM

If memory serves, you do the same with Tony Parker.

mikekim
05-29-2007, 09:35 PM
You know, the quote by Deron Williams saying that "he flops" doesn't mention Manu by name. It's quite possible that he is talking about Fisher or Harpring.

That would certainly dash any respect I have for his writing. I highly doubt that's the case but if it is, yeah....taking quotes blatantly out of context into having it say almost the opposite thing?? That'll lose you some journalism credibility.

mikekim
05-29-2007, 09:36 PM
I love how this thread is chugging along with both insults off topic and dialogue on the topic. haha...what message boards are all about...

smeagol
05-29-2007, 09:40 PM
good one

K-State Spur
05-29-2007, 10:18 PM
That would certainly dash any respect I have for his writing. I highly doubt that's the case but if it is, yeah....taking quotes blatantly out of context into having it say almost the opposite thing?? That'll lose you some journalism credibility.

I'm sure it was about Manu. I was just making a point that D-Will's casting stones from a glass house if he wants to complain about Manu's flops.