PDA

View Full Version : Why is LAL struggling vs.the Bucks?

milkyway21
11-30-2004, 09:46 PM
hey LakerGod, where r u? :elephant

Duff McCartney
11-30-2004, 09:49 PM
You should know by now that it's not about the Lakers with LakerGod, it's all about the Spurs with him.

exstatic
11-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Because they (Lakers) are a barely above average NBA team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Way to curse it milkyway.

SequSpur
11-30-2004, 10:37 PM
NBA forum.

Rummpd
11-30-2004, 11:06 PM
"Because they (Lakers) are a barely above average NBA team."

Well said,

MadDoc

adidas11
11-30-2004, 11:29 PM
The Lakers are a borderline playoff team. But I'm very excited about what they have done so far this season, staying above .500, and playing exciting basketball. It's good signs for the future.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah, the NBA champs are usually a .500 team.

TheWriter
11-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Good signs for the future?

You've yet to beat a real contender and you barely get by the Bucks.

Yeah, for the Hornets that's a good sign, for the Lakers that a pretty bad sign for great mediocrity in the future.

Rummpd
11-30-2004, 11:39 PM
LakerFan above: "The Lakers are a borderline playoff team. But I'm very excited about what they have done so far this season, staying above .500, and playing exciting basketball. It's good signs for the future."

??? What future????

The Lakers had a soft opening schedule despite their injuries. Granted they have done resonably ok, but until they show they can beat top tier West and/or East teams they are a mirage. They are counting on Malone to come back and take them to another level but that will not happen without Shaq behind him against good teams.

Also, Kobe having to play 44 minutes a game on plantar fascitis will only exacerbate problems done the road = they would be better off sacrificing a game or two if it kept him healthy and/or developed someone else. Odom looks lost in the offense and as good teams focus on Kobe more and more with double teams and zones, many more 8-25 or the like nights ahead. Lakers in my mind most miss besides Shaq, Fisher who had guts and grit and was a good distributor.

Lakers would be better off for their long-term future missing the playoffs because now with 7 game series there is no way they will beat top 4 seeds in West this year in round 1. (Unless perhaps, Dallas which showed once again how soft they are tonight)

MadDoc

adidas11
11-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Huh? Since when was I talking about the Lakers being NBA Champs? They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

This year is all about building for the future, 2, 3, 7 years down the road. Not just this season.

adidas11
11-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Quote: "Lakers would be better off for their long-term future missing the playoffs because now with 7 game series there is no way they will beat top 4 seeds in West this year in round 1. (Unless perhaps, Dallas which showed once again how soft they are tonight)"

That's precisely what the Lakers are trying to accomplish, rebuilding without missing the playoffs. Unlike a certain other team in Texas that had to rely on the lottery, and landing the #1 pick back in 1997.

TheWriter
11-30-2004, 11:48 PM
That's precisely what the Lakers are trying to accomplish, rebuilding without missing the playoffs. Unlike a certain other team in Texas that had to rely on the lottery, and landing the #1 pick back in 1997.

Ouch that hurt... I'll remember that and not care when the Spurs are having their river parade.

Last time I checked, the Spurs didn't need the lottery to get Manu, Tony, and Beno.

Nor to get Brent.

:lol

Enjoy being the second best team in your own city.

GoSpurs21
11-30-2004, 11:49 PM
That's precisely what the Lakers are trying to accomplish, rebuilding without missing the playoffs. Unlike a certain other team in Texas that had to rely on the lottery, and landing the #1 pick back in 1997.Come adidas you're better than that. lame come back, i expect that from lakergod not you

adidas11
12-01-2004, 12:08 AM
You have to realize how fortunate that your team is, to be able to land through the lottery two franchise level centers. You think the Spurs would be challenging for the title right now without Tim Duncan???? Do you think the Spurs get Duncan if David Robinson doesn't go down with a season ending injury in 96-97???

The Lakers lost Shaq from last year. That's it. No turning back. The Lakers have to look toward the future, and that's how it is.

Buddy Holly, I have no problem with being second best in LA (it's not my town, since I live in Dallas), as long as the Lakers are building towards the future. And I believe they are.

mattyc
12-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Dez.

SequSpur
12-01-2004, 12:14 AM
stfu. Shit happens. You won your championships. Good for you. The NBA doesn't revolve around LA. You could have kept your team intact, but your management is stupid.

As for the Spurs, we'll see if we win this year, I guarantee you the Lakers will not make the playoffs.

TheWriter
12-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Um... in this world, it is better to be lucky than good. And you know this crap.

What about Houston, they "lucked" out with Sampson and Hakeem.

The Bulls lucked out with Jordan.

The Lakers had to go and steal another teams superstar.

In this league, it's better to be lucky than good.

And yes, I know how fortunate the Spurs are for drafted who they did. But did drafted them = Automatic title. No, and you know this. It's better to be lucky than good.

milkyway21
12-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Good signs for the future?

You've yet to beat a real contender and you barely get by the Bucks.

Yeah, for the Hornets that's a good sign, for the Lakers that a pretty bad sign for great mediocrity in the future.Go got my point, the Writer! :lol

Kaster
12-01-2004, 12:41 AM
Yeah, the NBA champs are usually a .500 team.

Actually, Rudy's Rockets weren't much better than .500 teams when he won two championships with Dream. :lol

timvp
12-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Actually, Rudy's Rockets weren't much better than .500 teams when he won two championships with Dream. :lol

You must have been born after 1993-94.

Kaster
12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
You must have been born after 1993-94.

Fine, 94-95. Don't test me kid.

TheWriter
12-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Oh my, Kaster the horse pasture master called LJ a kid?

Dumb move spartan. Prepared to be burned.

timvp
12-01-2004, 12:51 AM
:lol

47-35 really isn't "around .500". Good luck in reaching that mark.

Don't take your anger out on me just because Kobe didn't turn out to be the great guy you thought he was, gramps.

milkyway21
12-01-2004, 01:00 AM
You have to realize how fortunate that your team is, to be able to land through the lottery two franchise level centers. You think the Spurs would be challenging for the title right now without Tim Duncan???? Do you think the Spurs get Duncan if David Robinson doesn't go down with a season ending injury in 96-97???

The Lakers lost Shaq from last year. That's it. No turning back. The Lakers have to look toward the future, and that's how it is.

Buddy Holly, I have no problem with being second best in LA (it's not my town, since I live in Dallas), as long as the Lakers are building towards the future. And I believe they are.Building towards the future? :lol I'm sorry but after Shaq shifted to the East, Lakers is no the "IT" team it used to be. As what Duncan said his target now is how to bring back the crown to San Antonio, that means "Detroit".

Rummpd
12-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeah and your genius GM wonderboy has picked players like Parker, Manu and now Beno.

The truth hurts is that the Spurs are far, far better managed than the Lakers. Reverse the management and fund and the Lakers would have been unbeatable. Also, no way Spurs get held hostage by Kobe and lose Shaq.

MadDoc

duncan2k5
12-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Lakers suck. end of discussion

adidas11
12-01-2004, 12:04 PM
This discussion is like talking to a brick wall.

Spurminator
12-01-2004, 12:06 PM
I still say they'll win their division. I think Vlade's return will be huge for them, and once everybody's gotten used to playing with each other, they will have a formidable offense.

I don't think they have the makings of a fearsome Playoff team, though... But they're on a path with good potential.

Medvedenko
12-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Look they beat the fricken bucks who just beat the Pistons...yes I know they struggled, but really every game is going to be a challenge for the Lakers. At least they are handling the teams they should lately. This will struggle with the Elite, so be it. No one is saying they will win the O'brien...well maybe Lakergod..but each fans have their zeolots. Why do you guys even care...your team is doing really well and you should be happy.