PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's talking to Stephen A. Smith

cujo112461
05-30-2007, 11:56 AM
kobe said he will not play for the lakers next season he would play on pluto

sa_butta
05-30-2007, 11:58 AM
kobe said he will not play for the lakers next season he would play on plutoGood luck on Pluto Kobe, you will not be missed here.

BacktoBasics
05-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Bonds and Kobe should form a club

SpursFanFirst
05-30-2007, 12:00 PM
WHAT? Ugh...I really wish he'd stop talking.
And more importantly, I wish the media would stop giving him the attention he craves.

CavsSuperFan
05-30-2007, 12:01 PM
At least Kobe can play "defense" in the media...

AFBlue
05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Unbelievable...it's being reported on ESPN that he's demanding a trade...here's the link and the story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryan said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

I know Kobe isn't going to the Spurs and all of this might be shot down when cooler heads prevail, but that's an interesting development to an already-interesting off-season that has seen rumors of KG, Kidd, Carter, Randolph, Jermaine O'Neal, Gasol, and a few other heavy hitters on the move....

Mr. Body
05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Kobe's imploding.

CavsSuperFan
05-30-2007, 12:03 PM
All those “drama queens” in La La land...It is enough to drive an owner to drink... :dramaquee

steppy
05-30-2007, 12:04 PM
It's like I heard on WOAI this morning. Kobe wants a championship but Tim isn't leaving SA. Sorry Kobe.

Soul_Patch
05-30-2007, 12:06 PM
coyote and that crazy laughing guy that laughs on freethrows for Kobe

BacktoBasics
05-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Kobe doesn't give two shits about winning rings. Dude only wants to score points and control everyone else around him.

Tradition
05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
:clap I am glad Kobe is speaking. He doesnt deserve this crap. Smush was his starting pg! lmfaoo! Call out the front office and force them to do something. This is what we need!

boutons_
05-30-2007, 12:11 PM
How much does Kobe cost? Is he still pre-CBA like AI, Shaq, KG?

newbiefan
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Kobe just wants to be in the limelight..and since he can't do it because he is not in the play offs... this is the only way he can be in the limelight..

shelshor
05-30-2007, 12:13 PM
kobe said he will not play for the lakers next season he would play on pluto
I guess Kome forgot that Pluto got demoted to being only a planetoid

picnroll
05-30-2007, 12:14 PM
:clap I am glad Kobe is speaking. He doesnt deserve this crap. Smush was his starting pg! lmfaoo! Call out the front office and force them to do something. This is what we need!
Actually what you need is to go out and buy a Clippers' jersey.

AFBlue
05-30-2007, 12:14 PM
How much does Kobe cost? Is he still pre-CBA like AI, Shaq, KG?

Yep...I think it was a 7yr $136M deal.

angel_luv
05-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if the Lakers traded Kobe and suddenly started to do better?

Soul_Patch
05-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Kobe should start his own team.

boutons_
05-30-2007, 12:18 PM
angel comes across as kinda nice, but she actually has an evil imagination! :lol

IceColdBrewski
05-30-2007, 12:21 PM

You're happy about losing the best player in the league? Lakers fans are a weird bunch.

Not only is Kobe a goner, but he just outed their front office for being uncommited to making the team a Championship contender. No free agent in his right mind will be looking to join the Lakers anytime soon.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-30-2007, 12:24 PM
AI/Camby/JR for Kobe/Brown/Farmar :smokin

wait, would they cheer him in Colorado though? :lol

BreezeHillBill
05-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if the Lakers traded Kobe and suddenly started to do better?
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. He is the dictionary definition of locker room cancer.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow i tell ya though i am not shocked. I mean maybe asking for West to come back was a last ditch effort on his part. I thought it was a ploy for him to give the Lakers a reason to trade him. However if that was the case he would not have turned around and asked outright for a trade today when he said yesterday that he did not want one. West supposedly was reached for comment about coming back and he said he is retired and there is no way he's coming back to the Lakers or anywhere else. Maybe Kobe then woke up this morning and said screw it, if West won't come back i want out.

IceColdBrewski
05-30-2007, 12:28 PM
No way do the Lakers trade him to another western conference team.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2007, 12:34 PM

Probably not but there seems to be bad blood here and i bet the Lakers play hardball and make sure they get so much back for Kobe. They did not get enough back for Shaq and Kobe is still young and so many see him as the best player in the NBA. The Lakers should be able to get huge value for him if they really are serious.

picnroll
05-30-2007, 12:34 PM
KG for Kobe. Afterall Lakers were lusting for KG.

MannyIsGod
05-30-2007, 12:35 PM
I love the Kobe hate. None of you have ever spent one minute in the locker room with him or around him but you all know enough of him to hate him and call him a locker room cancer.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I'd like to see the Lakers say the hell with you we are not trading you. What can Kobe do? He can't just refuse to play he would be in breach of contract, who the hell cares if he is unhappy. they are paying him what 20 mil a season, suck it up and play.

GrandeDavid
05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
He's ready to alienate the second largest media market in the nation, and a big fan base which adores him. Crazy. I understand him sort of laying down some demands, but demanding a trade is pretty harsh. Sounds too rash to me.

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I believe kobe
shaq is backing him
phil told kobe what happened in 2004
kobe is not the reason they have problems
lakers did to kobe what bird did to oneal
but kobe has the balls to do something about it

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
lakers told him they would content for a title
he had boozer,barron fucking davis and artest wanting him to play there
then told phil we have long term plan you cost to much good riddance
barron said he would take a paycut to play there
barron davis on the lakers instead of parker
might have got by the suns

MannyIsGod
05-30-2007, 12:41 PM
lakers told him they would content for a title
he had boozer,barron fucking davis and artest wanting him to play there
then told phil we have long term plan you cost to much good riddance
barron said he would take a paycut to play there
barron davis on the lakers instead of parker
might have got by the sunsMan, Kobe's put up with a lot of shit from the media and the team in general. I think this was the final straw.

Manu + Tony for Kobe?

Watch - this is how you piss off Spurstalk.

I'd trade Manu for Kobe in a heartbeat. Not sure if I'd give up Tony and Manu, but maybe.

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:41 PM
I'd like to see the Lakers say the hell with you we are not trading you. What can Kobe do? He can't just refuse to play he would be in breach of contract, who the hell cares if he is unhappy. they are paying him what 20 mil a season, suck it up and play.
yes he can
he can also miss shots
he can treat lakers like they treat him
FUCK BUSS he lied to kobe so kobe would sign and make money

WHO will want to go to the lakers now that their owner can not be trusted?

CosmicCowboy
05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I agree that the Lakers won't want to trade to a West team. Unfortunately for them the only owners crazy enough to think about it are in the West...with Sarver and Cuban out of the picture, who else would blow their team up to get Kobe?

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Man, Kobe's put up with a lot of shit from the media and the team in general. I think this was the final straw.

Manu + Tony for Kobe?

I'd trade Manu for Kobe in a heartbeat. Not sure if I'd give up Tony and Manu, but maybe.

maybe include tp if they can move up and get law

kobe's value has dropped some since he demanded out
trade manu and butler throw in scola

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I agree that the Lakers won't want to trade to a West team. Unfortunately for them the only owners crazy enough to think about it are in the West...with Sarver and Cuban out of the picture, who else would blow their team up to get Kobe?

cuban and starver have already said no?
is starver nuts?

smeagol
05-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I'd trade Manu for Kobe in a heartbeat.

Duh!

CosmicCowboy
05-30-2007, 12:46 PM
cuban and starver have already said no?
is starver nuts?

Ducks, read it again. Lakers won't want to trade with anyone in the West, much less a team in the same division.

MannyIsGod
05-30-2007, 12:47 PM
I agree that the Lakers won't want to trade to a West team. Unfortunately for them the only owners crazy enough to think about it are in the West...with Sarver and Cuban out of the picture, who else would blow their team up to get Kobe?Over half the NBA.

Testing
05-30-2007, 12:48 PM
These same fans are always on guys like KG, AI, etc. for staying on a losing team. Kobe is in his prime right now and wasting it playing on a team with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown as his starters....that's not going to cut it.

Lakers and Laker fans are used to the team winning...being outsted in the 1st round 3 years in a row is not the level they should be at....even if Shaq left what did we get for him? Essentially a hurt ODOM? Is that a fair trade? Shaq for Odom what was the front office thinking?

CavsSuperFan
05-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I love the Kobe hate. None of you have ever spent one minute in the locker room with him or around him but you all know enough of him to hate him and call him a locker room cancer.

Do you like “Gladiator Movies” Manny?

CosmicCowboy
05-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Over half the NBA.

I disagree. Most teams would have to give up their best two players to match salary and would be right back in the situation LA is in right now...one superstar surrounded by slugs.

Mavs<Spurs
Man, Kobe's put up with a lot of shit from the media and the team in general. I think this was the final straw.

Manu + Tony for Kobe?

Be a good poll question.

It won't happen.

If it were possible, I would consider it.

Spurs probably win the title again this year.
So, it is hard to change something that is working.
Getting a good point guard would become a necessity.

I suppose the reality isn't as good as the illusion:

Kobe is an unstoppable perimeter player who can get to the rim, create plays for others and is an incredible shooter, especially in the fourth quarter.

Trying to defend Tim and Kobe on the same team would be a nightmare.

Inside and Outside.

Both are great defenders. Kobe isn't selfish imo.

Anybody who can't see the advantages of having Kobe and Tim on the same team at this point in their careers (ie before they are too old to dominate) is blinded by hate for Kobe.

Kobe is more efficient than AI, a better shooter than AI, less of a ballhog than AI.

He is the ultimate closer. If Manu is a great closer, Kobe is better.

Kobe is a great free throw shooter.

What could Kobe do now, in his prime, when teams have to concentrate so much on Tim Duncan?

I guess I probably agree that you don't mess with this team since it is so successful. However, the idea has a lot more merit than people here are giving credit. And the overwhelming probability is that with Kobe and Tim on this team, the Spurs win more championships.

Kori Ellis
Ummm ... The Spurs are in the playoffs. Who gives a damn about Kobe.

There's multi Kobe threads in the NBA forum, if you want to talk about him.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2007, 12:52 PM
yes he can
he can also miss shots
he can treat lakers like they treat him
FUCK BUSS he lied to kobe so kobe would sign and make money

WHO will want to go to the lakers now that their owner can not be trusted?

NO way if you know anything about Kobe his EGO is so big he will never lay down. The guy is competitive like Jordan. His status as a great player means everything to him. I am sure they will trade him but if they didn't, he won't pull a Vince Carter he will play all out because he does not know any other way.

ducks
05-30-2007, 12:52 PM
lakers would not want to trade him to the same divsion I agree
east sucks to bad
knicks and bulls could work

MadDog73
05-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Lakers and Laker fans are used to the team winning...being outsted in the 1st round 3 years in a row is not the level they should be at....even if Shaq left what did we get for him? Essentially a hurt ODOM? Is that a fair trade? Shaq for Odom what was the front office thinking?

I thought it was obvious...

Laker FO doesn't care about Championships. They are rebuilding. Why do you think the FO leaked this story in the first place?

To get Kobe unhinged, and demand a trade. Next, they fire Jackson, and rebuild.

It's not about getting equal value, it's about cutting costs.

PS Am I the only one pissed that once again Kobe steals the spotlight?

Hopefully, tomorrow, Spurs will be heading to the Finals for the 4th time in 9 years. But all the news will be about Kobe demanding a trade! :madrun

callo1
05-30-2007, 12:54 PM

Kobe wants to win, I'll give him credit for that. As much as I don't always agree with Kobe, I do respect him as a player and competitor.

Now Laker fans know how it was for DRob all those years with Avery as starting PG. Hell, I would actually put Smush above Avery in terms of overall talent. There is alot of similarity between overall talent of the Lakers right now, and the Spurs back before they won a title. Unfortunately, DRob didn't get the free pass like big market superstars get from the media....it was ALWAYS his fault.

Beno for Kobe, lets work a deal:) We will take him off your hands LA.

sa_butta
05-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Bonds and Kobe should form a clubIf Kobe did go to Dallas, could you imagine having TO and Kobe in the same city?? Not enough billboards.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2007, 12:57 PM
What a drama queen.

SAGambler
05-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Ummm ... The Spurs are in the playoffs. Who gives a damn about Kobe.

There's multi Kobe threads in the NBA forum, if you want to talk about him.

Exactly. Why the hell when some "superstar" is mentioned, do Spurs fans suddenly become willing to trade half the team for them? Somebody needs to tell Kobe, KG, AI, and all these others, you play with the cards you are dealt.

Just so happens the Spurs were dealt pocket Aces when they picked up Tony and Manu. But those aces could've just looked like aces and actually been 4s.

You can't just build a team consisting soley of superstars. When is everyone going to realize that?

I think this is just a way for Kobe to "be in the limelight" and take away what he can from the teams that are actually still playing.

BacktoBasics
05-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I love the Kobe hate. None of you have ever spent one minute in the locker room with him or around him but you all know enough of him to hate him and call him a locker room cancer.Only you would say something so fucking stupid. How many things does this fuckwad need to do for you to think he's an asshole without meeting him.

What would it take. He's publically acting like an asshole. How many people could just show up and act this way and not get fired?

SpursIndonesia
05-30-2007, 01:21 PM
AI/Camby/JR for Kobe/Brown/Farmar :smokin

wait, would they cheer him in Colorado though? :lol

ROFLMAO, they certainly wouldn't want him pulling the BACKDOOR cut for sure. :lol

Supergirl
05-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Phil Jackson disputes with the Bulls managment and Jordan leaves, the Bulls reign ends.

Jackson goes to L.A., and after 3 titles his two start implode, one leaves, wins a title, and now the other is calling out the managment and demanding a trade.

Does Jackson just have bad luck, or could he have some role in all this drama? Originally, he was rumored to have had a role in the Kobe/Shaq dispute. Now all of a sudden he's not being discussed.

VaSpursFan
05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
kobe just wants to end up with more rings than jordan and he sees his time slipping away. this is all about kobe's ego and his legacy.

SpursIndonesia
IMHO, IF the Spurs's FO is just as incompetent as Lakers's one, i can see TD pulling a Kobe as well -perhaps not stupidly in public like this, but he's certainly not gonna accept being 'Robinson'ed' trying to carry the team with bunch of D-League cast offs as his teammates.

ducks
Only you would say something so fucking stupid. How many things does this fuckwad need to do for you to think he's an asshole without meeting him.

What would it take. He's publically acting like an asshole. How many people could just show up and act this way and not get fired?
how many would quite their jobs if they were lied to like that?
I would

Spurminator
05-30-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm happy for ESPN that they have something basketball related to talk about now.

lefty
05-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Kobe Bryant : " look at me ; I'm an attention whore"

41times
05-30-2007, 01:49 PM
2 Assholes and not 1 brain = Kobe + Steven A. Smith

MoSpur
05-30-2007, 02:11 PM
The Knicks will trade for him. They have the contracts to trade for him. Kobe will be a God in NY and that's what he wants. That's what Thomas wants.

Mavs<Spurs
05-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Right.

Kobe stinks.

:wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf

Terrible, terrible player :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf

BacktoBasics
05-30-2007, 02:33 PM
how many would quite their jobs if they were lied to like that?
I would
I see what you are saying but to answer the question...not many. Most of us get lied to at our jobs. Upper management and ownership do what they want...they do pay us you know. They sure as hell have given Kobe all he's asked for. You can't just simply put a championship team together that easily. Not any easier with Kobe opening up his mouth either. Do this shit behind closed doors for the good of your franchise.

CosmicCowboy
05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
The Knicks will trade for him. They have the contracts to trade for him. Kobe will be a God in NY and that's what he wants. That's what Thomas wants.

:lmao

Like New York has anyone LA would want. They couldn't even make the playoffs with a 117 million payroll.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 02:42 PM
:lmao

Like New York has anyone LA would want. They couldn't even make the playoffs with a 117 million payroll.
Exactly. I'm sure Jerry Buss is drunk enough to trade Kobe for Jerome James, Q Richardson and Jared Jeffries.

BTW, that trade would totally work.

Strike
05-30-2007, 02:44 PM

I would think there is a no trade clause in his contract so he can shut down any trade he doesn't approve of.

If that's the case, the Lakers might have to trade him to a west team.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I would think there is a no trade clause in his contract so he can shut down any trade he doesn't approve of.

If that's the case, the Lakers might have to trade him to a west team.
Why? Kobe would play for New York or Philly, or even Boston. He's got a hell of a lot better chance to get to the Finals as a one man team in the east.

Russ
05-30-2007, 02:47 PM
75%

That is the over/under for the percentage of time ESPN's pre-game show spends talking about Kobe Bryant (rather than the Spurs-Jazz closeout game).

Any takers?

Strike
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Why? Kobe would play for New York or Philly, or even Boston. He's got a hell of a lot better chance to get to the Finals as a one man team in the east.

Good point.

MoSpur
05-30-2007, 03:03 PM
The Lakers would take Crawford, Jeffries, and maybe someone like Lee for Kobe. I am sure the Knicks would give up just about anyone to get their hands on Kobe.

mardigan
05-30-2007, 03:09 PM
The Lakers would take Crawford, Jeffries, and maybe someone like Lee for Kobe. I am sure the Knicks would give up just about anyone to get their hands on Kobe.
I really doubt the Lakers would take that trash for Kobe Bryant, maybe its just me.

I see what you are saying but to answer the question...not many. Most of us get lied to at our jobs. Upper management and ownership do what they want...they do pay us you know. They sure as hell have given Kobe all he's asked for. You can't just simply put a championship team together that easily. Not any easier with Kobe opening up his mouth either. Do this shit behind closed doors for the good of your franchise.
Kobe isnt your average employee making minimum wage. Kobe is more important to the Lakers than anything. And no, they havent given Kobe what hes asked for. He s asked for Kidd, Boozer, Artest, and Baron who said he would take a pay cut to play for the Lakers. They gave him Kwame, Smush, Radmonvic, and Farmar, not exactly what he asked for.

DarrinS
05-30-2007, 03:10 PM
In Stephen's presence, Kobe seems like a really likeable guy.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 03:13 PM
No way. Kobe may not win championships, but his ass sells tickets. If they paraded that lineup out there, you'd see Jack at Clippers games by the all star break.

MoSpur
05-30-2007, 03:14 PM
I really doubt the Lakers would take that trash for Kobe Bryant, maybe its just me.

Kobe isnt your average employee making minimum wage. Kobe is more important to the Lakers than anything. And no, they havent given Kobe what hes asked for. He s asked for Kidd, Boozer, Artest, and Baron who said he would take a pay cut to play for the Lakers. They gave him Kwame, Smush, Radmonvic, and Farmar, not exactly what he asked for.

I doubt that the Lakers would do that, but my point was that the Knicks would give up whoever to get him.

BacktoBasics
05-30-2007, 03:36 PM

Still no reason for him to publically throw a temper tantrum. If he really wanted to be traded he wouldn't be doing this song and dance. It hurts his trade value if other teams know he wants out bad. He should have quietly told upper management he wanted out and let them work something out for him. Instead Kobe does what Kobe always does and bitch and moan and expect people to feel sorry for him.