PDA

View Full Version : Which is the smarter move for the Lakers? Bynum or Kobe...

Purple & Gold
05-30-2007, 01:02 PM
I'd ask this in a Lakers forum, but I already know the answer I would get.

This ultimately comes down to Kobe vs. Bynum. Kobe wants to win immediately and Bynum will take a couple of years to develop. Kobe is proven while Bynum is potential. Kobe is a guard and Bynum is a center. Kobe's contract is huge while Bynum's is not. Taking into account everything, which is the smarter move for the Lakers? Who would you rather build a team around?

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 01:07 PM
is this a joke? One's the most talented player since Jordan, and the other is a pretty good prospect who really has only made his name because he wouldn't back down from Shaq in one game as a rookie.

Brutalis
05-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Hahahahah funny man

Purple & Gold
05-30-2007, 01:31 PM
is this a joke? One's the most talented player since Jordan, and the other is a pretty good prospect who really has only made his name because he wouldn't back down from Shaq in one game as a rookie.
Not a joke at all. Maybe not a good way of stating it, putting it either Kobe or Bynum. Another way to word it would be a total rebuild or trying to add pieces here and there around Kobe. Of course the best way is to keep Kobe while Bynum develops, but we know that's not an option. But really does trading Bynum and pieces (probably Odom) for JO or Gasol really put us over the top. It makes the Lakers a better team, but doesn't put us over the top. And the Lakers are all about rings, anything less than that is a failure.

BUMP
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
the other is a pretty good prospect
and thats being really really nice

dallaskd
05-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Bynum will be a star. He's the reason Kidd didnt come to the Lakers. La refused to give up Bynum