PDA

View Full Version : ever been to any spurs away games?

JoshTheChild
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
as a rockets fan i have been to some away games.

miami
utah
phoenix
san antonio
dallas (reunion arena though)

the worst experience was in utah for games 3 and 4 this years playoffs. whoever would of though SLC would be a rough town. people threw trash at me when giricek hit that 3 pointer at the buzzer in game 4. i was so mad and wanted to fight back, but all i had was myself. i went to slc by myself so i didnt want to start stuff. i didnt have a good experience in utah but all the other buildings were nice to me and i felt comfortable there. especially san antonio and miami. nobody said anything to me lol. Im just curious if you spurs fans have been to away games and if u felt u got mistreated

judaspriestess
05-30-2007, 03:47 PM
phoenix was totally fucked up and this was back in 2005. I'm surprised on one has gotten shot yet during a game. They are that scummy there.

We went to a game in Seattle and LA (clippers) and those were fine. I'm not sure about a lakers game.

Jimcs50
05-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Houston, Dallas and Utah are only 2 venues for me.

smrattler
05-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Against Mavs here in Dallas, AACenter. Was in my company's lux suite, wearing my TD jersey of course. Almost got in trouble. Got yelled at and had some crap tossed at me from the non-suite seats nearby, hehehe. F'em!

Amare_32
I was in Miami a few years ago after Katrina hit New Orleans. I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Heat/Spurs charity game for Katrina victims. That was a great experience especially seeing the people from Argentina going nuts over Manu.

BigBeezie
I went to a Spurs game in Dallas for 2006 WCSF. I almost got in a fist fight with two Dallas fans. I will never go back for another game...

JoshTheChild
phoenix was totally fucked up and this was back in 2005. I'm surprised on one has gotten shot yet during a game. They are that scummy there.

We went to a game in Seattle and LA (clippers) and those were fine. I'm not sure about a lakers game.

from what i hear lakers fans are laid back and ya phx wasnt too bad for me and this was 2005 as well. the rockets won that game. phx just heckled me a lil bit but nothing rough.

Spurminator
05-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Just Houston and Dallas. I was hoping to make it up to OKC at some point but it never happened.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2007, 03:53 PM
I have been to Spurs games in several arenas, mostly at Staples Center and the Forum since I lived in L.A.

The worst thing that ever happened was I got in trouble by the usher/security for yelling too much :cry

smeagol
05-30-2007, 03:54 PM
NY and NJ

dougp
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Only in Houston and they were amazingly classy.

JoshTheChild
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
I have been to Spurs games in several arenas, mostly at Staples Center and the Forum since I lived in L.A.

The worst thing that ever happened was I got in trouble by the usher/security for yelling too much :cry

lol thats stupid

jag
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
i live about an hour or so away from ATL and i've gone to a spurs v hawks game there, i'm pretty sure there were too many empty seats to feel intimidated. On top of the fact that i saw more spurs fans than hawks fans. same when i went to go see a cowboys v falcons game, just about as many cowboys fans as falsons in their stadium.

AFBlue
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Live in the Atlanta area and have caught the Spurs a couple times when they came through. It wasn't a hostile environment in the least...mostly because there weren't that many people there. The only thing that happened at either of the games was that they interviewed Wilder Valderamma (Fez) who was in town for some reason. Oh yeah and sadly, the Spurs only took one of the two...

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
I've gone to Spurs playoff games in LA (twice), Seattle, Sacramento, and Dallas. I also saw the Spurs at Indy back in April -- actually got to spend a quarter of the game sitting front row courtside and got a chance to see a preview of the Joey Crawford/Tim Duncan fireworks that exploded about 2 weeks later in Dallas.

I've still never seen the Spurs win on the road. I now get threats every time that I consider going to a road playoff game.

In general, the people I've sat near at those games have been really cool. There are, of course, tools in every crowd. The worst experience was in Dallas. The best arena experience was in Sacramento. The best overall experience was my first trip to LA, with the Indy experience and being that close to the action a very close second.

JoshTheChild
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I've gone to Spurs playoff games in LA (twice), Seattle, Sacramento, and Dallas. I also saw the Spurs at Indy back in April -- actually got to spend a quarter of the game sitting front row courtside and got a chance to see a preview of the Joey Crawford/Tim Duncan fireworks that exploded about 2 weeks later in Dallas.

I've still never seen the Spurs win on the road. I now get threats every time that I consider going to a road playoff game.

In general, the people I've sat near at those games have been really cool. There are, of course, tools in every crowd. The worst experience was in Dallas. The best arena experience was in Sacramento. The best overall experience was my first trip to LA, with the Indy experience and being that close to the action a very close second.

how was conseco fieldhouse? i have heard good things about it

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM

It was pretty solid. The main concourse is really well done -- it looks a bit like a train station and is vast. There are lots of things to see and do -- it was interesting that fans could look down on the Pacers' practice court, even though the court was dark at the time. The arena itself seems relatively small, but it's pretty well appointed. It was like a mausoleum the night that I was there, but you could see where it would be a pretty rocking place if they filled it up and the fans were really into the game. It has a lot of nice little touches; hard to describe them all.

Jules
05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Dallas, Houston, Detroit, New Jersey, Los Angeles (Lakers & Clippers), Portland and Toronto.

I have to say that the fans are typically welcoming, but there are always the drunken few that are total jerks... Dallas and Phoenix come directly to mind.

JoshTheChild
05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Dallas, Houston, Detroit, New Jersey, Los Angeles (Lakers & Clippers), Portland and Toronto.

I have to say that the fans are typically welcoming, but there are always the drunken few that are total jerks... Dallas and Phoenix come directly to mind.

wow you saw the spurs in detroit?! that seems scary

YoMamaIsCallin
05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
I saw the Spurs play in Boston in 2002 (I was living there at the time temporarily). The game was close but Steve Smith got hot and hit a bunch of 3s in the 4th quarter and won the game for them. I didn't act like a maniac but I did clap for the Spurs and got some dirty looks for it. But I was in the expensive club seats so it wasn't very crowded.

The Internet's amazing. It took me like a minute to find the actual box score from that game. Here it is. I'm remembering it right... Smith scored 19 and was 5-6 from downtown.

And, looking at the box score reminds me, that's the game where Bruce Bowen got his finger broken and was out for a long time. You see he only played 3 minutes.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/boxscores/boston-celtics-vs-san-antonio-spurs/2002-01-09/02/2

Budkin
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
No but hopefully I will be going to the Spurs game at MSG next season if things work out.

JoshTheChild
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I saw the Spurs play in Boston in 2002 (I was living there at the time temporarily). The game was close but Steve Smith got hot and hit a bunch of 3s in the 4th quarter and won the game for them. I didn't act like a maniac but I did clap for the Spurs and got some dirty looks for it. But I was in the expensive club seats so it wasn't very crowded.

The Internet's amazing. It took me like a minute to find the actual box score from that game. Here it is. I'm remembering it right... Smith scored 19 and was 5-6 from downtown.

And, looking at the box score reminds me, that's the game where Bruce Bowen got his finger broken and was out for a long time. You see he only played 3 minutes.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/boxscores/boston-celtics-vs-san-antonio-spurs/2002-01-09/02/2

very nice thx

stepmonkey
05-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Only Houston, and there were almost as many Spurs fans as Rocket fans. Plus Rocket fans expect to lose to the Spurs so there were no problems. :lol

JoshTheChild
05-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Only Houston, and there were almost as many Spurs fans as Rocket fans. Plus Rocket fans expect to lose to the Spurs so there were no problems. :lol

was that the game in march last year? i was there and ya there were tons of spurs fans. i wouldnt doubt that some so called rockets fans put on a tim duncan jersey that night since we were out of playoff contention. i hate bandwagon fans

SpursFanFirst
05-30-2007, 04:26 PM

I was at that game as well, and sat right behind the scorer's table...didn't have any problems.
It was a great experience!

wattup4
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM

I have been to the fieldhouse for 6 years straight to see the spurs/pacers games, this year it seemed to me that about half of the fans were spurs fans at the game. It is a pretty laid back atmosphere. I have also been up to Milwakee and Chicago to see the spurs. Both of those were nice too.

703 Spurz
05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Only place I've seen the Spurs play is at the MCI/Verizon Center (I think 5 times now) and The Patriot Center (George Mason University) for a scrimmage vs the Wizards.

I've been to SA only once

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Houston and Dallas are fun places to watch the Spurs play. Both sets of fans are poor sports and will talk a lot of shit, but only if their team wins. Texans, even from Dallas, typically have the class not to throw things, even at the hated Spurs fans. We used to go to Spurs games at Reunion in the 90s, when the Mavs were dismal. We would have so much fun with the Mavs fans that were there, because they were there to enjoy the game rather than to be seen or to win.

01Snake
05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Phoenix and Houston. Suns fans are a joke.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey 01snake, what's the meaning of your name?

J.T.
05-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Been to a few Rockets games with my cousin, he lives in Houston. Rockets fans have always been pretty classy and cool to talk to even though I was a Spurs fan. Toyota Center was also a pretty cool place. Been to a Mavericks game once...never going back soon, I got so many "Fuck the Spurs!" walking around up there and my hispanic friend was racially profiled by Dallas fans. The American Airlines Center was otherwise pretty nice, except for the asshole fans. Other than Houston, Dallas, and SA, I have not been to any other Spurs games.

Sp Ginobili 20
05-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Since I live in the Bay Area, I've only seen them play the Warriors. I went back in 05 and just last March. There were TONS of Spurs fans there.

Rydia
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
I love going to the games!!
We usually got to the Games in Phoenix only since we live a little bit away! My sister and I sat right behind the bench and right behind Sean Elliot! He is soooo nice! It's really easy to meet the guys and get pics and autographs from them too.
I was there when Manu scored 1,000 points- I mean 48? and When we knocked out the Suns in Game 5!

Lately though! Ohhh boy! No more games for me...and if I do go I wear NOTHING Spurs related- And I don't scream like I use to. The last game I went to I feared for my life! The crowd was so crazy I thought they were going to throw me off the balcony (Top shelf fans are crazier I think)

But when I am there I scream like mad for all the guys!! hehehe

:D

missmyzte
05-30-2007, 07:16 PM
I like going to Spurs road games almost better than home games. I've been to games in Phoenix, Sacramento, LA (since this is where I live) and Utah.

Of those, Sacramento's fans were the most classless, Phoenix fans were the most ignorant, LA fans the most indifferent and Utah fans the most dedicated.

I've heard/seen the reports of what happened in Game 4 in Utah, I personally didn't experience any problems with the fans that were around me. There was one guy that should have been kicked out because of the things he was yelling at the Spurs players and I heard that someone threw something on the court but didn't see it myself. The fans around me were very nice to me though, even all decked out in Spurs gear.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-30-2007, 07:19 PM
yes

GM 3, 4, 5 of 2005 finals