PDA

View Full Version : Beno > Avery

SequSpur
11-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Screw it... Retire his number NOW!!!

Dude came in and led the Spurs to victory! Plus he could hit a jump shot outside 10 feet. Dude should be in the Texas Hall of Fame.

Beno = Spurs Basketball.

:fro

exstatic
11-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Another flip flop on a foreign player, Sequ?

Duff McCartney
11-30-2004, 10:48 PM
While I don't support Sequ looking a moron with every breath he takes....

I agree on this topic.

ducks
11-30-2004, 10:50 PM
one game does not make him better

SequSpur
11-30-2004, 10:51 PM
He destroyed the defenseless Mavericks.

ducks
11-30-2004, 10:52 PM
true but dallas plays no d
if it was the pistons you would have a stonger agrument but one game is nothing

Nikos
11-30-2004, 10:54 PM
true but dallas plays no d

Wrong. Dallas was Top 5 in defensive efficiency up until this game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Beno sure had an amazing game, looks like the Spurs are set at point until he leaves in three years.

TheWriter
11-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Watching Sequ find any way to discredit Beno is funnier than a Chris Rock stand up special. And those are funny.

Manu20
16 points for Beno I believe that is his career high.

TheWriter
Beno sure had an amazing game, looks like the Spurs are set at point until he leaves in three years.

Just like Tim was supposed to live in 2000.

I love to make predictions 4 years in advance.

Because I'm cool!

boutons
11-30-2004, 11:01 PM
Beno first NBA game in double digits, give him the game ball.

timvp
11-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Nice game, Beno.

Sequ rides the short bus to the SBC Center when he isn't busy bowling.

SequSpur
11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Don't be a hata! :lol

TheWriter
11-30-2004, 11:03 PM
I don't even think Sequ can get onto the short bus. Steps are still too high for him.

ducks
11-30-2004, 11:04 PM
this type of play will keep the pressure on tp which is good

maxpower
11-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Is there any poster who is a more reactionary chicken little than the OP? Apparently it takes but one game to gauge the greatness of a player or the death of a franchise. The < > = ~ + and whatever other comparison you care to use is so played, it's a joke.

timvp
11-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Is there any poster who is a more reactionary chicken little than the OP? Apparently it takes but one game to gauge the greatness of a player or the death of a franchise. The < > = ~ + and whatever other comparison you care to use is so played, it's a joke.

Oh no he didn't.

:wow

SequSpur
11-30-2004, 11:05 PM
maxpower,

Blow me.

Regards,

SequSpur

Solid D
11-30-2004, 11:14 PM
As long as we're in the mood...I'd like to also applaud Rasho's sparkling play. :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-30-2004, 11:27 PM

Just like Tim was supposed to live in 2000.

I love to make predictions 4 years in advance.

Because I'm cool!

You're a real dumbass, you know that Buddy Holly?

Beno can play. In a league that struggles to find good point guards, point guards who provide steady, error-free play, set up their teammates (not to mention hit the three) are a rare breed.

Unless our frugal owners (they of the "not another two mil for Tony variety") hit the lotto, or the league does something weird with the next CBA, we won't have the money sitting around to re-sign Beno.

You can continue to ridicule me about "being cool", or you can accept the very real possibility that, like Speedy, Beno will get an offer for more than we can afford for our backup PG.

exstatic
11-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Actually, AHF, his rookie deal entitles the Spurs to his services for 4 years (team option for year 4), so that would be three years after this one. Besides, RC seems to be able to pull quality Euro PGs out of his ass, so look for another draftee in 2 years or so. :lol If they're lucky, they play and develop him, and maybe get a good draft pick in a trade.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-30-2004, 11:42 PM
ex,

I know how the rookie deal works, the three years I was referring to was after this one was completed. Thanks for the help though.

I think you're right about Euro PGs though, we might have to employ some RC Buford lookalikes to deceive other NBA clubs about who we're really looking at down the road.

IceColdBrewski
11-30-2004, 11:49 PM

I think they'll trade Parker before they let Beno walk. He's gonna be a keeper.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Parker is going to continue to grow, and doesn't have the injury concerns that Beno. Don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

T Park
11-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Id slow down on that Brewski,

Udrih is good, but right now, he is not better than Parker.

IceColdBrewski
12-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Parker is going to continue to grow, and doesn't have the injury concerns that Beno. Don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

Beno will continue to grow too. And the "injury prone" crap is one of the biggest myths in all of sports. I've seen so many players labled with the "injury prone" stuff and it turns out to be a load of crap 90% of the time.

T Park
12-01-2004, 12:05 AM
Willie Anderson was labled injury prone.

So is Vince Carter and SPeedy Claxton.

Id say that that label has stuck with them

timvp
12-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Beno will continue to grow too. And the "injury prone" crap is one of the biggest myths in all of sports. I've seen so many players labled with the "injury prone" stuff and it turns out to be a load of crap 90% of the time.

Examples?

I know that there are some, I just want to see what you got.

Mr. Body
12-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Willie Anderson was labled injury prone.

So is Vince Carter and SPeedy Claxton.

Id say that that label has stuck with them

Well, those players ARE injury prone.

IceColdBrewski
12-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Examples?

I know that there are some, I just want to see what you got.

Being an Eagle fan, Charlie Garner comes to mind first. He was labled as "injury prone" after a few injuries then signed with the Raiders. He's had a pretty damn good career since then. I could say Fred Tayor. Jevon Kearse is another one. Grant Hill is a good example. Damn. I could go on and on but I get the feeling that you are just testing my knowledge more than anything and it's too late in the evening to sit here and rack my brain. :spin

timvp
12-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Actually, out of those I'd only give you Fred Taylor. Charlie Garner had a couple good years but this year the injury bug caught up to him again. Grant Hill has only played like 50 games in the last four years or whatever. Far too soon to say he's healthy.

T Park
12-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Grant Hill and Jevon Kearse are injury prone.

Grant hill three or 4 straight years of injuries.

boutons
12-01-2004, 04:09 AM
"Grant hill three or 4 straight years of injuries."

Wasn't it "3,4 years of a single ankle injury"?

Speedy, eg, has had series of different injuries, more qualifying for "injury prone".

GoSpurs21
12-01-2004, 12:55 PM
You're a real dumbass, you know that Buddy Holly?

Beno can play. In a league that struggles to find good point guards, point guards who provide steady, error-free play, set up their teammates (not to mention hit the three) are a rare breed.

Unless our frugal owners (they of the "not another two mil for Tony variety") hit the lotto, or the league does something weird with the next CBA, we won't have the money sitting around to re-sign Beno.

You can continue to ridicule me about "being cool", or you can accept the very real possibility that, like Speedy, Beno will get an offer for more than we can afford for our backup PG.You're assuming that Beno will act like American player and go after the money. We have already seen that is not always the case for Spurs foreign players. You never know he may take less to play on championship caliber team.

whottt
12-01-2004, 01:33 PM
You're assuming that Beno will act like American player and go after the money. We have already seen that is not always the case for Spurs foreign players. You never know he may take less to play on championship caliber team.

Duncan, Bowen, Brent Barry and Devin Brown all turned down better deals or better contracts to help the Spurs or just to be able to play here...It's not an international thing or an American thing...it's a Spur thing.

Some of it is class guys who came here from other teams and just want to win or play for an organization with a rep like the Spurs, like Rasho, Barry and Bowen...

But alot of it started with David Robinson doing it a long time ago, when he tore up a contract that guranteed him an average of the top 3 salaries in the NBA. Tim Duncan followed his lead on his last contract...if your stars are turning down more money...it's sets an example for everyone on the team...everybody gives up a little and no one has to give up a lot. It's something pretty unique on this type of scale to the Spurs, and the best thing about it is that it's now starting to attract other players from other teams with a similar mindset, guys we would have no shot at landing otherwise....like Barry.

It's almost like, if you want to be a member of the Spurs club, and the rep and chance at winning a title that comes with it...you have to give up some cash to do so...I don't think anyone on the club is making as much as they could have elsewhere....Maybe Malik...And Horry is not doing it by choice and he was over-paid last season..but he could making the vet min for any team in the NBA this season....he knows where the ring is at :smokin