PDA

View Full Version : Toronto's offseason

Kamnik
05-30-2007, 05:13 PM
What do you think Toronto should do to contend next year?

Outgoing:
-Sign and trade: Morris Peterson
-Trade: TJ Ford

Incoming:
-a starter SF from the trade
-a backup point guard or even two
-another bench player

Bosh,Baragnani,Parker,Calderon and a good SF player is all they need, considering their bench isnt all that empty

I believe Baragnani will be an awsome player and maybe even better than Bosh in a couple of years.
(unlimited range, can drive, can post up, plays with heart and balls-he simply doesnt get rattled)

velik_m
05-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Sign Roko.

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2007, 01:26 AM
im sick of this bargs hype man

trade bosh to spurs for beno pzl

Kamnik
05-31-2007, 06:20 AM
im sick of this bargs hype man

after watching last few toronto playoff games im a believer :fro

angel_luv
05-31-2007, 07:03 AM
after watching last few toronto playoff games im a believer :fro

Word. A.B's got game. :)

resistanze
05-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Bargnani played very well at the end of the regular season and the last few games of the playoffs, but I'm not going to overhype him until I see his 2nd season adjustments.

He's need to stop dribbling/driving like a chicken with its head cut off. Considering Bosh developed very rapidly, I don't have such high expectations for him. If he develops into a 16/8 guy, I'd be pleased. I'd leave their core in tact for one more year to see how they respond to being division champs.

ploto
05-31-2007, 08:38 PM
My thoughts- not that anyone cares.

1. TJ will not be traded- no way- as he is a base year player and they don't want to trade him anyway.

2. S & T--A lot of people talk about a S&T involving Mo Pete- not going to happen in my opinion. He will never get more than the MLE and a team can just sign him outright then. S&T work when a player wants more than the MLE and the team does not have the cap room to sign the guy-- Not going to happen with Mo. Would only make sense if some team had a player they were really trying to move or some other player they were using their MLE on, but what are the chances of getting back anyone who would be any better than Mo.

3. Draft-- Toronto has no picks but is trying to get one. They have some cap room left and could very well trade a player for a player and a pick before the draft.

4. Free agents-- MLE and LLE are the only thing they have completely under their own control. They are under the cap but by a figure less than the MLE so they can use the MLE- possibly to target a SF or a big man if Rasho is traded for a SF (see #5).

5. Trades--The Raptors are not desperate to dump Rasho's salary but I believe that they are willing to trade him to get a starting SF. There are a few SF's with over priced deals and more years whose roles have lessened on their respective teams and who may be obtainable now-- like AK or Diaw (who BC brought to Phoenix). Will the Raptors risk their future financial flexibility to take on one of these guys or even Lewis in a S&T?? That is the question-- no matter what it would take a trade of Rasho's salary to make it happen, and a team needing a veteran big man to help out the young guys like he did in Toronto this year.

Would the Raptors consider trading Jose to get a SF-- probably Jose in a package. They turned down offers for Jose this past season, but what if one came along that would bring in a starting SF. Might be hard to pass up while Jose's value is really high. Rumors have been around about getting Ukic out of his deal in Europe to join he Raptors this coming season-- as a third string or the new back up??

6. Europe-- word is the Raptors are targeting a Euro player again- but is it just Ukic whose rights they already have or someone else who went undrafted?

Kamnik
06-01-2007, 07:14 AM
i think rasho is basicly untradable....

unless maybe packaged with TJ Ford but as u said; they probably wont trade him

i think Smodis would be good for Raptors if he could stay healthy

ploto
06-01-2007, 10:51 AM
I think Rasho is tradeable packaged with Jose, but I don't know if they would do that.