PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watched Boozer's post-game?

resistanze
05-30-2007, 11:24 PM
:lol Calling you guys on their team already with vacation plans.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah, apparently Deron did the same thing, but I missed that.

Wonder who they were talking about?

My guess: Okur.

whottt
05-30-2007, 11:28 PM
ducks?

judaspriestess
Fisher was the first one to bring it up just prior.

I bet you its okur cause he did not show up to play.

Texas_Ranger
I'm sure one of them is Gira.

resistanze
05-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Okur was my guess too :lol

AK47?

easjer
05-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Williams, not Fisher. Fisher refused to comment on that.

Williams and Boozer both called people out. And then, if you were watching NBAtv, you got to hear all about how whoever it was should be shipped out because they are locker room cancers.

ducks
05-30-2007, 11:31 PM
ak I bet

fisher said he refuses to name names

judaspriestess
05-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Williams, not Fisher. Fisher refused to comment on that.

Williams and Boozer both called people out. And then, if you were watching NBAtv, you got to hear all about how whoever it was should be shipped out because they are locker room cancers.
Deron Williams has not spoken,

It has been Sloan, Pop, Tony, Timmy, Fisher and Boozer so far. Unless we blinked our eyes and missed Williams.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2007, 11:33 PM
My guess is: Okur, Giricek, Collins.

Marcus Bryant
05-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Okur was already on vacation after the semis...

easjer
Well, I know Fisher refused to comment on that topic. And these guys keep referring to Williams speaking. Whatshisname (locker room cancer guy) was condemning Williams for calling people out like that before Boozer spoke, and then changed his mind.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Okur was horrible this series, totally owned by Oberto.

AK was a non-factor.

Giricek never was a factor to begin with.

Wanna improve this team's ability in the clutch, look at getting rid of those guys for some mentally tough mofos.

ducks
and people bashed spurs taking manu over giricek

SpursIndonesia
It's rather mindboggling that AK's the biggest paid player in Utah roster right now. I can't blame Williams & Boozer fuming about his lack of contribution throughout the playoff.

Spurologist
05-30-2007, 11:35 PM
WHOA.

If Sloanie finds out who, they will be given their walking papers.

I'm not naming any names but AK47 did look very happy as he was entering the arena for a pivotal series deciding game 5

ShoogarBear
05-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Williams must have spoken already, because the person who questioned Boozer mentioned him, and so did Fred Carter and Andre Aldridge.

Spurologist
05-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah, apparently Deron did the same thing, but I missed that.

Wonder who they were talking about?

My guess: Okur.

It definately showed on the basketball court

resistanze
05-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Get rid of Okur, start Millsap.

Get a SF like Jefferson or something.

mattyc
05-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I thought Boozer handled himself exceptionally well. Seems a good guy.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2007, 11:39 PM
I thought about AK, since he seemed the most emotionally labile of the bunch, but he actually played decently (relatively speaking) for the Jazz in a couple of games, including tonight.

Okur sucked almost without relief.

Giricek is another good guess.

SpursIndonesia
05-30-2007, 11:41 PM

Yeah, i remember summer 2002 when people were discussing whether Manu or Giricek would be the best fit for the Spurs team. The majority ofcourse prefered Manu, but some insisted that the Spurs could have used Giricek's stellar outside shooting more compared to Manu's all around game that rewarded him the MVP of euroleague. Ofcourse the discussion was held at the SR forum back then.

I remember Whott had insisted that the Spurs needed a second creator after Tony, not just another standstill 3pt shooter that would be shut by Lakers in the postseason. Boy he was pretty darn accurate looking forward at this point. :)

makedamnsure
05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
I've liked Boozer since his Duke days and in the future I wish him the best. and he's spot on for calling people out - that's unfair to guys like him and Williams and Fisher.

doldrums
05-30-2007, 11:42 PM
collins because he didn't even see any minutes in a blowout

jaespur21
05-30-2007, 11:42 PM
I thought i heard the same thing...sucks 4 them WE in the FINALS baby

Borosai
05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
AK was smiling on the court, down the stretch while getting blown out by 20-something points. I don't think he cared too much.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Maybe AK spotted something in the crowd he could use his "once-a-year" pass on.

Marcus Bryant
05-30-2007, 11:53 PM

I'll be the first: Don't tell Tony.

Infamous
05-30-2007, 11:57 PM

LMAO

resistanze
05-30-2007, 11:57 PM
:lmao

ShoogarBear
05-31-2007, 12:26 AM
This article talks about Williams' comments and mentions Okur, AK, and Giricek as possible targets.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_6025023

timvp
05-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Remind me to never drink the water in Turkey if I ever mind myself in that country. Okur might have just knocked Hedo out of the record books.

BeerIsGood!
05-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Was he saying that they were on vacation because they got completely shut down and didn't do a damn thing, or because they actually made vacation plans for right after this game?

Girasuck
05-31-2007, 12:33 AM
DWill's comments came in the locker room and was the lead story on several local news channels. You could see the anger in his face. Basically he said there's a few guys on our team that have no heart and had already started their vacation. He said if they didn't want to be here, they need to talk to Larry Miller or Kevin O'Conner.

Deron wasn't buying the "lack of experience" talk or that he should be happy they made it so far with a young team. Deron said he wants to win and only cares about winning. He didn't mention any names but we all know who he was talking about. The 3 Euros.

rwb
05-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Well, at least Utah's not blaming everyone except themselves like the Suns did. But it did seem like the whole team--Sloan included--were so shell shocked from the first period that they had no fight left in them.

judaspriestess
05-31-2007, 01:53 AM
http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.p...z_pg_070530.asx

Deron's post game video

here is his interview from another thread.

SRJ
05-31-2007, 02:38 AM
Pointing fingers publicly after the series is over is bullshit. It's Bush League. What does that accomplish?

The right way to call out teammates is during the series, when there's still a chance to compete, in an inclusive way. Say something along the lines of "We're not competing as hard as we could be." "Our focus needs to be sharper." "We're a bunch of pussies." Say whatever you want while the series is going on and throw yourself into the mix. You don't throw people under the bus after the fact - you win as a team and lose as a team.

Tim Duncan pointed no fingers after last year's game seven loss to the Mavericks. Or in 2004. Or in 2002. Or in 2001. He knows how to handle these things, and it's a shame the Jazz leaders don't.

This kind of crap reeks of Dirk calling out Erick Dampier in 2005.

timvp
05-31-2007, 02:42 AM
I applaud Deron Williams for what he did. Okur played like he was late for a cruise. Kirilenko had some questionable comments in the media.

Hearing Williams being pissed about losing in the WCF as a second year player isn't a good sign for the Spurs' future. He sounded and played like a championship level competitor.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-31-2007, 04:58 AM
Pointing fingers publicly after the series is over is bullshit. It's Bush League. What does that accomplish?

The right way to call out teammates is during the series, when there's still a chance to compete, in an inclusive way. Say something along the lines of "We're not competing as hard as we could be." "Our focus needs to be sharper." "We're a bunch of pussies." Say whatever you want while the series is going on and throw yourself into the mix. You don't throw people under the bus after the fact - you win as a team and lose as a team.

Tim Duncan pointed no fingers after last year's game seven loss to the Mavericks. Or in 2004. Or in 2002. Or in 2001. He knows how to handle these things, and it's a shame the Jazz leaders don't.

This kind of crap reeks of Dirk calling out Erick Dampier in 2005.
He's young, but yeah, do your callling out in the locker room, not to the media. At least he didn't name names though. He was just venting.

Deron needed guys to step up. They knew he was limping didn't they?
Can't blame the guy for being repulsed by the incongruity of fighting spirits, you got Fisher coming in from the reality of real-life woes, to play the game to compete for his team, and then you got guy's pussy-footing it, treating the game like they're spectators and fat and fed, closing their eyes to the opportunity right in front of them.

I'd be pissed too. Even if they were young and the underdog, they should have went down swinging.

For example: Okur on that one play where he defended Tony, and then gave up halfway through it??? Forcing Deron to rush and pick up a foul, thanks to his teammates being defeatists...WTF was that? Poor Jazz fans. That was egregious.

manubili
05-31-2007, 06:37 AM
It's ugly to give up on your team, but it's uglier to point your fingers to your mates in public. No heart, no ethics.

Utah needs an argentinean player!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-31-2007, 06:42 AM
It's ugly to give up on your team, but it's uglier to point your fingers to your mates in public. No heart, no ethics.

Utah needs an argentinean player!

Shhhh...No they don't.

By the way Oberto is now making it 2 for 2 Argentines playing key roles, and making key plays for our success...Spurs should be greedy with every Argentinean player that's within their reach.

cheguevara
05-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Deron needs to chill. Did he really expect to beat the mighty Spurs :rolleyes

wait for your time rookie

sa_butta
05-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Deron needs to chill. Did he really expect to beat the mighty Spurs :rolleyes

wait for your time rookieGive the guy some credit for having heart and faith in his team until they let him down. Ive got nothing but respect for the D-Will.:clap

michaelwcho
05-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Okur was trash....Kirilenko and Giricek terrible too. I think Milsap was great, though.

MrChug
05-31-2007, 09:37 AM

I REMEMBER THAT!! :LMAO

He had a great rookie year and Manu was still figuring out the system and people were talking about the "monumental blunder" that San Antonio made :lol ...hell, if I'm not mistaken it was Bill Walton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrChug
05-31-2007, 09:46 AM
I'll be the first: Don't tell Tony.

AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....that was GOOD! :dizzy