PDA

View Full Version : Praising Manu

powerpower
05-31-2007, 06:17 AM
WOW amazing game won by amazing team

Now tell me guys, have you notice how Manu’s basketball IQ has matured over the last couple seasons….
For example, When Manu Ginobili is on the court, he adjusts his game to what he needs to do for them to win the game..that means he will rebound if needed, he will pass and get you so easy looks, and he will steal the ball when you need and score of course when you need like game 4. What more can a Coach ask for? He gives up everything for the team…(his body, his starting position, and his “hair”)… How more unselfish can you be?

So please name some other players that are so unselfish, so valuable to their team, down to earth, talented, and their Basketball IQs are smaller that their bald spot

There is only one : EMMANUEL DAVID GINOBILI!!!

romain.star
05-31-2007, 06:54 AM
Stephon Marbury is quite the same type of player IMO

ArgSpursFan
05-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Tim Duncan.great team player,low profile type of person.would do whatever It takes to win.
I think the spurs key for so much success in the last 8 yrs or so,it´s actually that.
If you take a look at the spurs main players(read:TP,TD,MANU,BOWEN)you´ll see that besides they are great players,they are not the tipical mediatic NBA STARS as well.Just simple guys.

angel_luv
05-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Nice thread. MG is the man. :)

L.I.T
05-31-2007, 07:49 AM
Tim Duncan.great team player,low profile type of person.would do whatever It takes to win.
I think the spurs key for so much success in the last 8 yrs or so,it´s actually that.
If you take a look at the spurs main players(read:TP,TD,MANU,BOWEN)you´ll see that besides they are great players,they are not the tipical mediatic NBA STARS as well.Just simple guys.

Exactly. Duncan is the fulcrum; the center-piece of the team. He is the most unselfish player in the game. He allows his teammates to gamble on the defensive end, to get aggressive on the offensive end and to become the guys we admire and respect. Of any superstar in recent memory, he is the one who most adapts and subsumes his game for the greater good of the team.

Without Duncan grinding teams down from quarters one through three, Manu would find it much more difficult to go on his hot streaks in the fourth. Without Duncan drawing so much attention in the half-court, Parker wouldn't find as many seams and gaps to exploit in his forays to the rim. Without Duncan, Bowen couldn't play the flypaper, harassing defense that has become his hallmark.

This is Duncan's team, and every other player (no matter how talented or integral) is there because they mesh well with him.

But what am I saying? It's all been said before. Hooray beer.