PDA

View Full Version : *Official 1310 The Ticket Talk Thread*

monosylab1k
05-31-2007, 08:41 AM
I figure there's enough good strong P-1's here to discuss all the sweet, clean radio talk on The Ticket in Dallas. Have good and get give.

monosylab1k
05-31-2007, 08:43 AM
fat joe left atlantic

Spurminator
05-31-2007, 08:51 AM

vaginal slice born born

monosylab1k
05-31-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm actually very excited about BaD radio's show today. More excited than I ought to be, considering the reason I'm jazzed is because the "O-Face" guy from Office Space is going to be interviewed. But his 2 minutes of fame in that movie were pure gold.

I think the Guest Booking League is a great concept (the guy from Life Goes On was greatness), but the actual interviews are almost always a major whip. Today though I'm looking forward to the guest.

monosylab1k
05-31-2007, 09:02 AM

vaginal slice born born

Excellent post, sir, thank you for your courage.

Nothing makes my Friday morning more than hearing that and then George's violent reaction afterwards.

maxpower
05-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Good point.

p.s.
to listen to the Ticket on the go...

mms://1.uni7.susq.streamaudio.com/KTCK_AM

I know it works on treos and q's.

baby arm.

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 09:03 AM
e-brake was great this morning.

"put your butt in me..."

maxpower
06-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Last night's broadcast of Guys' Night Out was hilarious. Those are the events that I know will never, ever happen at our podunk excuse of a sports station.

i listened up till 8pm, it was that entertaining.

Gordon Keith is beyond funny.

pussyface
06-01-2007, 03:07 PM
...it was only a matter of time before you created a thread like this, mono.

you have been blatantly shoplifting/plaigarizing the ticket's schtick (for instance crowbarring in gordon keith's "indie rock guy"/"indie film guy" into everything w/o giving credit) for months now and its nice to see you finally acknowledge where you get all the material that you mimic like a parrot.

you are about as cool/original as those people that saw 'borat' and still think its funny to run around saying 'niiiice' and those type of catch phrases because it was funny in the original source material.

...welcome to Hackville, pal. Population you, Dane Cook, and Carlos Mencia.

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 06:34 PM
you have been blatantly shoplifting/plaigarizing the ticket's schtick (for instance crowbarring in gordon keith's "indie rock guy"/"indie film guy" into everything w/o giving credit) for months now and its nice to see you finally acknowledge where you get all the material that you mimic like a parrot.

i've acknowleged on several occasions that I am a P-1 and have also named Gordon Keith as my leader, and I've credited Gordon's humor at times too. But thanks for not doing your research before talking out of your ass. We can always count on pussyface to give a good laugh by talking shit, but owning himself by doing something fucking retarded like 1) not knowing what the fuck he's talking about, and 2) "siccophants"

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 06:37 PM
(for instance crowbarring in gordon keith's "indie rock guy"/"indie film guy" into everything w/o giving credit)

btw Gordon doesn't do "indie film guy" that's Rhyner. he also doesn't do "indie rock guy" (that's usually Corby making fun of Danny), you're probably thinking of his "Chris McKinley" character. thanks for playing, though.

and Rhyner's dead.

monosylab1k
06-01-2007, 06:40 PM
pussyface is so Chris-Chris it's not even funny.

50 cent
06-02-2007, 10:07 AM
The ticket licks donkey balls. :td

pussyface
06-02-2007, 01:55 PM
pussyface is so Chris-Chris it's not even funny.

your gay ticket-speak is not funny, fanboy. any monkey can regurgitate other peoples jokes without putting any spin on them at all, it just doesn't say much for you being a funny, original or interesting person.

i haven't been able to listen to the ticket in years since i no longer live in DFW but always enjoyed the station.

as far as radio stations/personalities that rip off or if you want to be polite "are inspired by" howard stern go, it is by far one of the better and less hacky ones.

pussyface
06-02-2007, 02:05 PM
i've acknowleged on several occasions that I am a P-1 and have also named Gordon Keith as my leader, and I've credited Gordon's humor at times too. But thanks for not doing your research before talking out of your ass. We can always count on pussyface to give a good laugh by talking shit, but owning himself by doing something fucking retarded like 1) not knowing what the fuck he's talking about, and 2) "siccophants"

first of all, you sound like the guy who shot john lennon with all this "he is my leader" bullshit. how old are you?

second of all, is the "siccophants" thing all you got? i have misspelled easier words than that and very while might do so in the future, so keep looking out for that so you can crush me even harder. i am very sensitive about such personal matters as my ability to correctly spell SAT-vocab words on the fly. ...that stuff ain't just lame message board shit talking, it really hits home (on top of being really, really, funny!)

thats all for now,
pussyface.

ps: who would you rather get fucked by, gordon keith on ktck or leo dicaprio in 'titanic'?

mFFL03
06-03-2007, 12:15 PM
your gay ticket-speak is not funny, fanboy. any monkey can regurgitate other peoples jokes without putting any spin on them at all, it just doesn't say much for you being a funny, original or interesting person.

i haven't been able to listen to the ticket in years since i no longer live in DFW but always enjoyed the station.

as far as radio stations/personalities that rip off or if you want to be polite "are inspired by" howard stern go, it is by far one of the better and less hacky ones.

"we're all having fun here, no?"

maxpower
06-03-2007, 01:51 PM
at least he is not quoting vex or walter's name.

monosylab1k
06-03-2007, 02:38 PM
first of all, you sound like the guy who shot john lennon with all this "he is my leader" bullshit. how old are you?

second of all, is the "siccophants" thing all you got? i have misspelled easier words than that and very while might do so in the future, so keep looking out for that so you can crush me even harder. i am very sensitive about such personal matters as my ability to correctly spell SAT-vocab words on the fly. ...that stuff ain't just lame message board shit talking, it really hits home (on top of being really, really, funny!)

thats all for now,
pussyface.

ps: who would you rather get fucked by, gordon keith on ktck or leo dicaprio in 'titanic'?

the "leader" schtick is a ticket thing, but whatever. again, you try to talk shit when you have no clue what's going on.

as far as your "spelling" goes, i just find it insanely hilarious that someone tries to pass himself off as some sort of ultra-intellectual who thinks of his views on politics, entertainment, and even sports as the ultimate high-minded opinion that nobody on earch could possibly ever disagree with, yet he spells like a retarded 8 year old and can't google search for cheap plane tickets.

VinnyTestesVerde
06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
balls hangin' down...
balls hangin' down...
balls hangin' down...
BALLS HANGIN' DOWN...
BALLS HANGIN' DOWN!!!

stay hard monosylab1k! :toast

VinnyTestesVerde
06-03-2007, 05:08 PM

thats all for now,
pussyface.

that wasn't the question. do ya like your job?

VinnyTestesVerde
06-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Excellent post, sir, thank you for your courage.

Nothing makes my Friday morning more than hearing that and then George's violent reaction afterwards.

what about "bloody-handed, quiver-lipped georgie on my doorstep at 3am"?

:lmao

pussyface
06-03-2007, 06:06 PM
the "leader" schtick is a ticket thing, but whatever. again, you try to talk shit when you have no clue what's going on.

as far as your "spelling" goes, i just find it insanely hilarious that someone tries to pass himself off as some sort of ultra-intellectual who thinks of his views on politics, entertainment, and even sports as the ultimate high-minded opinion that nobody on earch could possibly ever disagree with, yet he spells like a retarded 8 year old and can't google search for cheap plane tickets.

"i just find it insanely hilarious..."
who the fuck talks like this? ...how old are you?

"tries to pass himself off as some sort of ultra-intellectual"
??? I give my opinions in no uncertain terms just like any number of other posters here. claiming 'ultra-intellectual' status? you are basing this on nothing other than, apparently, as a complement to my writing and reasoning abilities. if they come across as 'ultra-intellectual' it is only on the merit of my writing and ideas, not by some self-proclomation. Thanks for the kind words.

"high-minded"
here you go again rattling off ticket-terminology and passing it off as your own sort of speech. you are not mike rhyner and never will be no matter how many times you masturbate to his likeness on your old VHS copies of TicketTV.

"earch"
im pretty sure you meant to write 'earth.' if i didn't have 20 things more personal and more humorous to rip on you for, I guess I could just say over and over again that you don't know how to spell the word 'earth.'

...than again, i guess its okay for you to mispell any word no matter how basic it is, because yr writing/posts wouldn't give anyone the impression that you are an intellegent, well-reasoned, articulate person in the first place. since my posts display those traits, i'm held to a higher standard and misspellings are ground for ridicule.

........its lonely at the top. whaaa!

monosylab1k
06-03-2007, 07:02 PM
"i just find it insanely hilarious..."
who the fuck talks like this? ...how old are you?

"tries to pass himself off as some sort of ultra-intellectual"
??? I give my opinions in no uncertain terms just like any number of other posters here. claiming 'ultra-intellectual' status? you are basing this on nothing other than, apparently, as a complement to my writing and reasoning abilities. if they come across as 'ultra-intellectual' it is only on the merit of my writing and ideas, not by some self-proclomation. Thanks for the kind words.

"high-minded"
here you go again rattling off ticket-terminology and passing it off as your own sort of speech. you are not mike rhyner and never will be no matter how many times you masturbate to his likeness on your old VHS copies of TicketTV.

"earch"
im pretty sure you meant to write 'earth.' if i didn't have 20 things more personal and more humorous to rip on you for, I guess I could just say over and over again that you don't know how to spell the word 'earth.'

...than again, i guess its okay for you to mispell any word no matter how basic it is, because yr writing/posts wouldn't give anyone the impression that you are an intellegent, well-reasoned, articulate person in the first place. since my posts display those traits, i'm held to a higher standard and misspellings are ground for ridicule.

........its lonely at the top. whaaa!

since when was the term "high-minded" a ticket exclusive phrase? I'm pretty sure all of America has used that word long before the ticket ever came into existence. but you're the one that's studied the history of the english language and knows how to aptly use words like "siccophants".

seriously puss-puss, wipe the blood off your vag. i've never seen anyone get so pissy over people ripping on him. the only reason i even bother to respond to your shit is for INSANE HILARITY like "siccophants". i guess you didn't hook up with any "hot babes" (or dudes) at the funeral. oh well, you can always scout at the local YMCA.

oh congratulations, you made it thru an entire post without any disdain-filled mentions of "house", "24", or "boondock saints" while simultaneously name-dropping woody allen or pedro almodovar as being some sort of barometer as to whether or not people can live up to your high standards of entertainment. you also didn't say faggy once. good work.

p.s.

if they come across as 'ultra-intellectual' it is only on the merit of my writing and ideas, not by some self-proclomation. Thanks for the kind words.

monosylab1k
06-03-2007, 07:04 PM
what about "bloody-handed, quiver-lipped georgie on my doorstep at 3am"?

Or how about Back-Door Georgie trying to sneak into New Fine Arts undetected :lol

monosylab1k
06-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Let's get back on topic people...pussyface is still pissed about the fact that no matter how much he tries, he can't get the best of me on a Spurs message board. While he's off crying into a bottle of Smirnoff Arctic Berry and planning a long night of masturbation, we can get back to Ticket talk.

Anybody going to Summer Bash this year?

pussyface
06-04-2007, 04:07 AM
since when was the term "high-minded" a ticket exclusive phrase? I'm pretty sure all of America has used that word long before the ticket ever came into existence. but you're the one that's studied the history of the english language and knows how to aptly use words like "siccophants".

seriously puss-puss, wipe the blood off your vag. i've never seen anyone get so pissy over people ripping on him. the only reason i even bother to respond to your shit is for INSANE HILARITY like "siccophants". i guess you didn't hook up with any "hot babes" (or dudes) at the funeral. oh well, you can always scout at the local YMCA.

oh congratulations, you made it thru an entire post without any disdain-filled mentions of "house", "24", or "boondock saints" while simultaneously name-dropping woody allen or pedro almodovar as being some sort of barometer as to whether or not people can live up to your high standards of entertainment. you also didn't say faggy once. good work.

p.s.

haha...nice try.
the record demonstrates that you are in fact obsessed with me. last i checked you are the guy who created an alternate username on spurstalk to imitate me in numerous threads (or more acurately, you were imitating the ticket's "indie rock/indie film guy" but just without giving credit).

...so keep lying to yourself about how you 'just barely bother to even respond to me' or whatever if you want to i guess. any spurstalker with a memory won't buy your faggy posturing.

"wipe the blood of your vag''
okay seriously, how old are you? this is not a rhetorical question. you perpetually are busy providing evidence that you are one of the less mature kids in your 10th grade class.

" i've never seen anyone get so pissy over people ripping on him"
really? i have. one time i humiliated this guy called mono-something and he got so upset he created a fake profile and sign-on name imitating and mimicing mine so that he could 'get even.' sound familiar?

good look on all of your future endeavors, such as the test you'll be taking to get your driver's license when you turn 16 and your P-SAT's.

Grow up a little, too. Nobody likes cuntiness in a man.

Signed,
Pussyface
PS: ...have a kickass summer!

monosylab1k
06-04-2007, 08:41 AM
haha...nice try.
the record demonstrates that you are in fact obsessed with me. last i checked you are the guy who created an alternate username on spurstalk to imitate me in numerous threads (or more acurately, you were imitating the ticket's "indie rock/indie film guy" but just without giving credit).

...so keep lying to yourself about how you 'just barely bother to even respond to me' or whatever if you want to i guess. any spurstalker with a memory won't buy your faggy posturing.

"wipe the blood of your vag''
okay seriously, how old are you? this is not a rhetorical question. you perpetually are busy providing evidence that you are one of the less mature kids in your 10th grade class.

" i've never seen anyone get so pissy over people ripping on him"
really? i have. one time i humiliated this guy called mono-something and he got so upset he created a fake profile and sign-on name imitating and mimicing mine so that he could 'get even.' sound familiar?

good look on all of your future endeavors, such as the test you'll be taking to get your driver's license when you turn 16 and your P-SAT's.

Grow up a little, too. Nobody likes cuntiness in a man.

Signed,
Pussyface
PS: ...have a kickass summer!

did anybody hear car wash talk this morning? funny stuff.

pussyface
06-04-2007, 01:04 PM
yeah, i think its best you stop fighting back, too.

the post you quoted definitely said everything that needed to be said.

monosylab1k
06-04-2007, 01:23 PM
yeah, i think its best you stop fighting back, too.

the post you quoted definitely said everything that needed to be said.

nah i just can't take a post seriously when it features the term "cuntiness".

Soprano's talk on the Hardline today.

mFFL03
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Bad Radio doesn't get it's much deserved respect because of it's time slot.......

monosylab1k
06-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Bad Radio doesn't get it's much deserved respect because of it's time slot.......

BaD radio is definitely greatness. Second best show IMO behind the Musers.

1. Musers
2. Bob and Dan
3. Norm
4. Drop Page Radio
5. The Hardline

maxpower
06-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Ben and Skin are under appreciated. I would love to have them here in drive time. They are very knowledgeable basketball fans and do not think constantly bickering with each other makes for good radio.

Their Eduardo bit has been rather amusing. Especially loved it the first time i heard it during the postgame show after the mavs were eliminated.

G-Nob
06-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Ben and skin are funny but you can't take their hoops opininos seriously because of their mavs homerism. Of course, thats expected.

I hope Dan McDowell gets fired. But after the Finals.

maxpower
06-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Ben and skin are funny but you can't take their hoops opininos seriously because of their mavs homerism. Of course, thats expected.

I have to disagree a bit.

Being a mavs hater I think I can pick up on any mavs homerism however slight.

I've found them to be very fair in the assessment of the mavs.

One thing they do is love basketball but not to the point of being mavs homers...at leas IMO.

Dan is funny enough. He is there to balance bob's sports brain.

Initially I was skeptical when they added Donovan...but he quickly grew on me. I look forward to Donny-do's ghetto jeopardy and various other bits.

I love his "State your case."
"well, firs-DENIED!!".

monosylab1k
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
haha bad radio is greatness...the bob songs are killing me

"nip" "nip" "weiner"
"nip" "nip" "weiner"
"nip" "nip" "weiner"
"nip" "nip" "weiner"

AlamoSpursFan
06-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I usually listen to the Ticket when I'm in Dallas, unless it's between 3 and 7 pm, then I'm listening to Russ Martin.

Haven't been to Dallas lately, though, so I can't really contribute to the thread.

mFFL03
06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
I usually listen to the Ticket when I'm in Dallas, unless it's between 3 and 7 pm, then I'm listening to Russ Martin.

Haven't been to Dallas lately, though, so I can't really contribute to the thread.

I used to listen to Russ....it just became the same thing over and over. Group of guys who are yes men, for the most part, to Russ. Russ can say whatever he wants about anyone and everyone, and he's right and justified because it's coming out of his mouth.

I stopped listening around the time that he moved into his new house. Bragging about what kind of cars that he drives. He thanks the listeners but still treats them like shit. There's always some type of girl problem, and him cheating on her. JD always says "this is the girl for you, you need to marry". His workout and eating habits are the best, his biceps are huge...same thing...same....

Just too much redneckism for me....

mFFL03
06-06-2007, 12:55 PM

What?

Dan McDowell is one of the best parts of the show....so witty....but some of the things he says would get anyone else fired.

Dan is a great counterpart to Bob. When they mix up the chemistry you can automatically tell that Dan and Bob work the best together.

Dan is the yin to Bob's yang. Bob can just talk sports and go over everyone's head for minutes that turn into what seems like hours....Dan is there to bring him back and stop him from going on long boring tirades.

If you ask me, Donovan is becoming the weakest part of the show. He's becoming more of a lose cannon, which is great, well sometimes. Lately he's been trying to take more of a main stage part, but he gets out of control and just doesn't know when to move on from a subject.

Gribble and Grubes are the best producers/board that the Ticket has. I wish they were more integrated in the show though (the sports parts). It seems the best comedy comes when everyone is in a round table (why today doesn't suck at 3pm)

yeah thats great.....

sounds good....

good stuff, good stuff....

monosylab1k
06-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Grubes has surpassed Expo as the greatest board-op in Ticket history.

And I usually hate Gribble, which makes him essential to the show. My hatred for Gribble makes it that much sweeter when Bob and Dan repeatedly kick him in the nuts every day. The "[email protected]" bit is hilarious.

And overall Donovan is a great addition, but he needs to let the game come to him. Also, sometimes it feels like the only reason they have him aboard is so that they don't get accused of being racist for all the black people jokes.

monosylab1k
06-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Greatest Board-Op's in Ticket history:

1. Grubes
2. Expo
3. Big Strong Jeremy
4. Psycho Dave
5. Justin Neeley
6. everyone else that has ever done board-op has sucked.

maxpower
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Bob is just so beaten down by the Spurs it almost makes up for his past year. He was one of those fans that felt the mavs had finally arrived. They were the big dog and were entitled to win.

His hate of the Spurs is just so sweet. He hates them because they are that good.
"They are so Spurs."
He just has nothing to say.

AlamoSpursFan
06-07-2007, 05:22 PM
I used to listen to Russ....it just became the same thing over and over. Group of guys who are yes men, for the most part, to Russ. Russ can say whatever he wants about anyone and everyone, and he's right and justified because it's coming out of his mouth.

I stopped listening around the time that he moved into his new house. Bragging about what kind of cars that he drives. He thanks the listeners but still treats them like shit. There's always some type of girl problem, and him cheating on her. JD always says "this is the girl for you, you need to marry". His workout and eating habits are the best, his biceps are huge...same thing...same....

Just too much redneckism for me....

I have noticed that in the past, but Russ has cracked me up since he was on The Eagle, and since I don't get to listen every day it's not too bad.

The day they found the dead rat in the Coke machine's change box and put it on Gavin's desk I almost drove off the road laughing. That shit was hilarious.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
gagree

VinnyTestesVerde
06-21-2007, 06:10 PM
BaD radio is definitely greatness. Second best show IMO behind the Musers.

1. Musers
2. Bob and Dan
3. Norm
4. Drop Page Radio
5. The Hardline

Man...I gotta go with:

1. Musers
2. The Hardline
3. Norm
4. Bob and Dan
5. Drop Page Radio

I just don't relate to Bob or Dan all that well. Good sports knowledge, but don't think their bits are all that great. The only reason I put them above Drop Page Radio is because it's a live show, rather than a collage of old material...

LEONARD
08-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Damn...missed this thread somehow...

Good stuff from training camp as usual.

1920's Reporter Guy sure stumped Wade during the Cowboys press conf yesterday :lol Genius...

and what was the local sports talk radio show that Bob and Dan punked??

Findog
08-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Man...I gotta go with:

1. Musers
2. The Hardline
3. Norm
4. Bob and Dan
5. Drop Page Radio

I just don't relate to Bob or Dan all that well. Good sports knowledge, but don't think their bits are all that great. The only reason I put them above Drop Page Radio is because it's a live show, rather than a collage of old material...

1. Hardline
2. Musers
3. Norm
4. BAD Radio
5. Drop Page
6. Top Ten

monosylab1k
08-08-2007, 11:29 PM
i've been a huge fan of Grubes kicking Bob in the nuts constantly by nonstop playing of the "A.P.", "weiner", "nip", "nip nip weiner" drops and so on.

Why Today Doesn't Suck has been the best 20 minutes of my day for the past 4 years or so.....i don't know if that's a good thing or something that should depress me, all i know is that it's the greatest of radio gold along with anything Great Gordo related and the E-Brake caller that does "vaginal slice born born".

P.S. i'll be at the taping of the Gordon Keith show tomorrow night. Anybody else going?

monosylab1k
08-08-2007, 11:30 PM
put your butt in me

monosylab1k
09-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Last night The Ticket got the Marconi Award for "Radio Station Of The Year". That's basically like winning Best Picture at the Oscars, as far as radio is concerned. They weren't just honored as best sports station, they were awarded as the BEST STATION period.

Not bad for a bunch of "juveniles" who "make fart jokes and don't talk sports".

u2sarajevo
09-28-2007, 12:24 PM
really? I thought it was just "sports" station of the year.

Awesome.

u2sarajevo
09-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I think it was just "Sports station of the year"... here were the nominees:

2007 nominees (http://www.nab.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Radio&CONTENTID=10011&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm)

monosylab1k
09-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Norm reported that it was "station of the year" not just sports. But then again he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about 75% of the time so maybe it was jus sports station of the year.

u2sarajevo
09-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, it's just sports station. Very cool indeed...
http://www.theticket.com/images/marconi07.jpg
Pictured above: SpankSpank, JubJub(backdoor Georgie), Gordo, Norm, Sturminator, Dan's little buddy, Dan (the station porn distributor), the Old Grey Wolf, The Hammer, Snake

Walter Craparita
09-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Need some good local sports radio in S.A. still.

monosylab1k
09-28-2007, 11:20 PM
JubJub(backdoor Georgie)
I love the new "Captain Erection" nickname.

Actually I love all of his unwanted nicknames.

Broken Condom George
Brokeback George
Cannonball Dunham

and so on

maxpower
09-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah, it's just sports station. Very cool indeed...
http://www.theticket.com/images/marconi07.jpg
Pictured above: SpankSpank, JubJub(backdoor Georgie), Gordo, Norm, Sturminator, Dan's little buddy, Dan (the station porn distributor), the Old Grey Wolf, The Hammer, Snake

Let me add these additional monikers.
Pictured above: Craig Miller, George Dunham, Gordon Keith aka Gordo, the Great Gordo, Gord-On Keith(collectively known as the Musers),

Norm Hitzges(as old school sports talk as it gets),

Bob Sturm(host of cowboys pre-pregame), Donovan Lewis aka Donny Doo, Dan McDowell(together - BaD Radio)

Mike Rhyner, Gregg Williams, Corby Davidson(aka the cobra) (the Hardline)

LEONARD
10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
The Ticket owns...

The glasses Greggo wore on Doocy last night were sweet :lol

Norm - "I have...a....name...for....my...nuts. Dave & BUSTERS"

:lol

Findog
11-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Speaking of Greggo, if you peruse the Unfair Park blog, it would appear that his unexplained and extended leave of absence is due to being back in rehab, and supposedly this time it's for something harder than pills. Also speculation in the blog comments that he's a friend of Dorothy and this explains part of his substance abuse issues.

stretch
02-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Anyone going to ticketstock this year?

maxpower
04-08-2008, 09:50 PM
The ticket compound is on this week...
great after hours webcam fun.

pussyface
04-09-2008, 05:33 AM
...how is the hardline these days minus greg williams?
do they discuss his meltdown or is it off limits?

I always liked him on the show, but i remember this fucking guy railing against people who smoked weed and stuff years ago. what a hypocrite he turned out to be.

Tree hugger
04-09-2008, 06:59 AM
What about that one radio host who made all drink body solutions?

monosylab1k
04-09-2008, 08:16 AM

I always liked him on the show, but i remember this fucking guy railing against people who smoked weed and stuff years ago. what a hypocrite he turned out to be.
At first the show avoided talking about it due to "legal issues" but these days they throw Greggo under the bus every chance they get. It gets a little annoying because after the official announcement that he was gone, Rhyner made this big "we had a lot of great years and I'm very sad about this" speech. But he trashes Greggo pretty regulary these days.

Spurminator
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
It's a better show without him. More Corby and Danny.

monosylab1k
04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
It's a better show without him. More Corby and Danny.
I'm okay with Corby, but less Danny is always a good thing. I don't think there's a radio personality on Earth that I hate more than Danny and his douchebag elitist music opinions, which magically have stretched to the movie realm.

More Grubes is always a good thing though.

pussyface
04-11-2008, 07:34 AM
At first the show avoided talking about it due to "legal issues" but these days they throw Greggo under the bus every chance they get. It gets a little annoying because after the official announcement that he was gone, Rhyner made this big "we had a lot of great years and I'm very sad about this" speech. But he trashes Greggo pretty regulary these days.

wow. i find that surprising for some reason. what kind of stuff do they say about him?

Evan
04-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Hey sports!

mexicanjunior
04-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I used to work on the Rant with Gordon and Davey about 12 years ago, that was good times. Eventually, they realized I had a bag and their station manager (Bruce Gilbert) said anyone not actually on the payroll couldn't be in studio (I was volunteering), so I got canned. It was still a great time, I was in studio for about 3 months and was even there during the infamous Rocco meltdown on the Rant the weekend before he got the axe...

I also did alot of stuff for the Musers (poetry in the mornings) and had some stints on Big Dick's Wild Ass Circus...

Some of the poetry I read for George and Craig can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/mexicanjunior1310/

Craig is really a great guy, I remember he hooked me up with tickets to Spurs-Mavs back in the early 2000's, he is a good Spurs fan. I also made a tribute to his hit song "Points For Sex" back in 2002, that can be found here but be warned, it is NSFW:
http://www.geocities.com/mexicanjunior1310/AMV.html

Evan
04-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I remember them talking about you.

ah good times

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Points For Sex is still the funniest Ticket song ever.

mexicanjunior
04-15-2008, 10:27 AM

The show is surviving and I like that Corby is getting more exposure, I've thought he was funny since his days producing the Chris Arnold show and working on the rant with Gordon and Davey...

It's a real shame what happened to Greg, he was always very nice to me when I saw him at remotes and stuff. He was very honest and would usually tell me some inside stuff on the Cowboys and the station that people weren't usually privy too. He was a cool dude...

mexicanjunior
04-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm okay with Corby, but less Danny is always a good thing. I don't think there's a radio personality on Earth that I hate more than Danny and his douchebag elitist music opinions, which magically have stretched to the movie realm.

More Grubes is always a good thing though.

You know, I remember in the old sub-culture days, Danny (known as Danny in Lake Highlands) was really not as grumpy and angry as he is now. He was just a normal guy that liked the station and worked with Big Dick (Little Teddy Champion in the old days) on some bits (Titanic). I guess being the show producer changed him over the years, unless it is all schtick...

Evan
04-15-2008, 10:31 AM
The show is surviving and I like that Corby is getting more exposure, I've thought he was funny since his days producing the Chris Arnold show and working on the rant with Gordon and Davey...

It's a real shame what happened to Greg, he was always very nice to me when I saw him at remotes and stuff. He was very honest and would usually tell me some inside stuff on the Cowboys and the station that people weren't usually privy too. He was a cool dude...

He owes Irvin a HUGE apology though. heh

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 10:32 AM
He owes Irvin a HUGE apology though. heh
Quincy Carter too.

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 10:33 AM
You know, I remember in the old sub-culture days, Danny (known as Danny in Lake Highlands) was really not as grumpy and angry as he is now. He was just a normal guy that liked the station and worked with Big Dick (Little Teddy Champion in the old days) on some bits (Titanic). I guess being the show producer changed him over the years, unless it is all schtick...
I think alot of it is just schtick for the radio (like the whole Dan McDowell "I'm just a lazy slacker pothead" persona). But it irritates me nonetheless.

Evan
04-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Quincy Carter too.

oh yeah. true :smokin

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 10:36 AM
from what I've read, it looks like Greggo will have plenty of opportunities to apologize to Irvin since they're gonna be workmates at ESPN Radio soon.

Evan
04-15-2008, 10:37 AM
from what I've read, it looks like Greggo will have plenty of opportunities to apologize to Irvin since they're gonna be workmates at ESPN Radio soon.

Hope the coke was worth the massive pay cut.

idiot

mexicanjunior
04-15-2008, 10:38 AM
One cool thing about the old Ticket days, the Mavs play by play guy (Mark Followill) and I were pretty good friends back when he was doing tickers for the Hardline. I remember partying with him and his girl friend at our buddy's house (Mike Walling) back in the late 90's, he sure could gulp down those margaritas. It's cool to see how successful he has become as a broadcaster, it's weird when you see someone go from such a normal dude that hung out and partied, to a semi-celeb in the sports world...

monosylab1k
04-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Between Greggo, Nate Newton, and Mike Irvin.....the 103.3 studio is gonna be a pharmacy.

mexicanjunior
04-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Hope the coke was worth the massive pay cut.

idiot

I'm sure he will be taken care of, he wasn't hurting for money from what I remember...

maxpower
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/2008/05/your_weekend_forecast_to_gregg.php

SUNDAY, 10 p.m. – For all those still rhetorically asking “Where’s Greggo?”, at least for 30 minutes you’ll get an actual answer as the late, great Williams re-surfaces on Sports Sunday with Mike Doocy’s “Open Mike” segment on KDFW Fox 4.

Williams, who, you may remember, walked off The Hardline last Oct. 12, settled his unlawful termination suit against The Ticket two weeks ago and is this afternoon having yet another face-to-face meeting with ESPN program director Tom Lee about a possible weeknight show.

(And before you ask, yes, my Williams tell-all feature for the dead tree version of The Sportatorium is in motion and, yes, it will be worth the wait.)

“I’ll be as truthful as I can be,” Williams told me late last night about his appearance with Doocy. “I’m going to talk sports and if he wants me to address The Ticket stuff, hey, I’m not gonna lie about. I can’t run from it.”

As part of what he calls “getting back to the real me,” Williams is selling his Turtle Creek condo and moving permanently to his house on Lake Granbury. Since you can no longer stay hard, at least stay tuned. -- Richie Whitt

Hopefully some dallas natives can update Greggo's side.

mexicanjunior
05-16-2008, 02:01 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/2008/05/your_weekend_forecast_to_gregg.php

Hopefully some dallas natives can update Greggo's side.

It's good to see he is getting his life back together...

monosylab1k
07-10-2008, 08:55 AM
The entire story of the Greggo/Rhyner/Hardline saga is out -

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2008-07-03/news/the-hard-lie/

I think both Rhyner & Greggo are justified in their feelings, but Corby comes across as a grade-A asshole.

pussyface
07-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Corby comes across as a grade-A asshole.

...now we have the dumb opinion.

this article was a fantastic read though, I certainly was entertained

mFFL03
07-13-2008, 03:19 PM
they addressed this story on thursday, or friday on the ticket They spent almost 3 segments on it.

i haven't read the article yet, but I certainly will here in a minute. hardline (corby, mike, and danny) said they saw it over a span of two years. and they constantly asked greggo if he was using. greggo always responded with a no.

after numerous occasions of showing up late to work and not providing material during meetings and just being completely zoned out (no no, that wasn't the question, do you like your job?), they had to part ways. they knew he was lying.

they claim that their "no comment" to articles and the observer is to not put greggo into too much of a hole. they love when he does great journalism, but they just couldn't vouch for him anymore.

mFFL03
07-13-2008, 03:45 PM
wow $500K for doing radio? great jesus de christo. working 4 hours of radio, probably about 2.75 in all and watching national and local sports for a living?

wow. i'd probably pick up a coke and stripper habit too.

oh well I wouldn't hire his ass back. its great the hardline didn't pick up a new host either. don't get me wrong, it's great to have mark on sometimes, but not all the time.

i'd listen to greggo's show on espn. if its a crappy topic on the ticket top 10....

monosylab1k
07-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Corby claims Greggo lied to his face up to 2 days before he finally confessed to management that he had a coke habit. But Corby also claims to have seen Greggo doing lines of coke off a toilet seat at Summer Bash. Greggo can't exactly deny using coke if Corby really saw him as he claimed.

I think both sides handled the situation as poorly as possible, but the only guy who really can be justifiably pissed about the whole situation is Rhyner. Greggo is wrong for obvious reasons, and Corby is still a big-time prick. Greggo gave him his job on the Hardline, the least Corby could do was call him ONCE and say "i hope your recovery is going okay".

I am Tom
07-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Corby also claims to have seen Greggo doing lines of coke off a toilet seat .

Are you sure it was the seat and not the tank? And what radio host you know does not do lines?

50 cent
07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
The ticket licks donkey balls. :td

I got hooked in November of last year and am a big time P1 now.

It takes a little while to "get" the Ticket, but once you do, you are hooked.

I read the Greggo article and I think Richie Witt slanted towards Greggo because of all the access.

I completely believe Rhyner, Corby and Danny that a lot of Greggos claims are complete bullshit.

Greggo is a pathetic pathalogical liar.

pussyface
07-14-2008, 05:11 AM
I got hooked in November of last year and am a big time P1 now.

It takes a little while to "get" the Ticket, but once you do, you are hooked.

I read the Greggo article and I think Richie Witt slanted towards Greggo because of all the access.

I completely believe Rhyner, Corby and Danny that a lot of Greggos claims are complete bullshit.

Greggo is a pathetic pathalogical liar.

yeah, pathetic would be the best word. i had to love his whole "i almost killed myself but I wasnt even man enough to die" line of 'feel sorry for me/love me daddy' school of shamelessness.

I never knew that great stuff about him pretending he used to play for the Expos. did they keep that lie going through the years on the radio or did they ditch it when they found it was a loon?

did you see the picture of his smoking hot new girlfriend, by the way?

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 08:41 AM
did you see the picture of his smoking hot new girlfriend, by the way?

:lmao you'd think 500k a year could get him something a little better than that.

pussyface
07-14-2008, 09:28 AM
the portrait of mr. williams painted in the article as a man who lost himself when he got a little fame and fortune is so intense that if it were in a movie it would seem over-the-top/far-fetched.

self proclaimed country bumpking good-old-boy who rips anyone who does drugs hits it big and starts wearing loud clothing attire ala michael irvin, blowing coke ala michael irvin, and hitting the scene with his cocaine-and-boob-job 'uptown crew' he got famous for mocking a la michael irvin.

his is a bill oreilly-like level of hypocracy.

pussyface
07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
...all the people bitching about him making 500,000$ are way off base, by the way. there is nothing more pathetic than people who begrudge a person's success; he made that money because the market spoke, and the market made it clear that he was a uniquely talented broadcaster in his role. he generated millions of dollars in revenue for his company, and was rewarded accordingly.

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Here's audio of Rhyner & Corby's response to the article.

http://www.theunticket.com/the-hardline-responds-to-the-hard-lie/

pussyface
07-14-2008, 09:34 AM
...they are rocking that wilco intro music in segment two

pussyface
07-14-2008, 09:35 AM
that publicity picture of rhyner and corby davidson groping those skanky teenagers for their publicity shots is unbelievably creepy

50 cent
07-14-2008, 01:29 PM
This week is brutal.

No Musers, Donovan and Dan (with no Bob), and No Hardline.

Norm beats me down. Bob is the best thing about Bob & Dan.

Spurminator
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah I hate waking up to Norm. Makes me want to fall back asleep.

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah I hate waking up to Norm. Makes me want to fall back asleep.

Sports Norm is okay, but he is horrible when trying to do anything non-sports. Nose In The News is the biggest powerdown the station has to offer. Even worse than Ben & Skin.

Findog
07-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Dan McDowell is a beating. I hate that guy.

Findog
07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
...they are rocking that wilco intro music in segment two

I'm pretty sure Greggo enjoyed his handshake drugs that he bought in Uptown...

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Dan McDowell is a beating. I hate that guy.

IMO both Bob and Dan are beatings individually, but when they have each other to offset, it works great. I love BaD radio but the show suffers a lot when one of those two aren't there.

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 03:05 PM
With Ben & Skin delivering audio anthrax during the Hardline's absence, I might have to tune into Grandpa Urine.

Findog
07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
With Ben & Skin delivering audio anthrax during the Hardline's absence, I might have to tune into Grandpa Urine.

I work in downtown Dallas now and ride the TRE into Union Station, so I don't listen to the Ticket that much anymore because I'm not in the car for a commute. Are they really that bad?

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I work in downtown Dallas now and ride the TRE into Union Station, so I don't listen to the Ticket that much anymore because I'm not in the car for a commute. Are they really that bad?

I think they're the worst thing on radio with one exception - Skin knows his basketball. That's the only redeeming value they have. They're worse than Norm at comedy, know less about sports than Danny & Corby, and have all the charisma of Pete Stein. They can't even say something funny on accident. Hearing them try to break down the Cowboys or discuss what the Rangers need to improve on will literally make your ears bleed. The only thing they are good at is talking Mavs, and that's only if they're being serious and not trying some shitty comedy bit.

Spurminator
07-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I think ben and Skin are great personally. At times I wish they'd replace BaD Radio.

maxpower
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I like ben and skin....I wish they would have been the dallas imports to s.a. sports radio rather than taylor.

Findog
07-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Is Greggo's demise really that noteworthy? It made deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/5025011/dallas-talk-radio-rift-features-guns-women-booze-cocaine-and-suicide-attempt

G-Nob
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Honestly, I shouldn't take greg's side but why make the guy think he's keeping his job and going to an "intervention" then proceed with firing him? It looks like management was okay with keeping him and Rhyner and Corby were ready to get rid of him. Thats sorriness. I'd let Rhyner walk. Corby wouldn't have left.

Spurminator
07-14-2008, 05:03 PM
A Greg-Corby-Danny Hardline would have been a disaster. Especially if Greggo lapsed. Rhyner is the glue, they couldn't let him go. Greggo is done.

G-Nob
07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
All of this is stupid anyway. Bring back the Rant 3-7. Gordon owns afternoon drive.

50 cent
07-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I'd let Rhyner walk. Corby wouldn't have left.

Rhyner started The Ticket. He is untouchable.

Greggo was pretty terrible anyway except for the stupid shit he said that would be an instant drop.

Rhyner does a great job running the show.

Findog
07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
I think they're the worst thing on radio with one exception - Skin knows his basketball. That's the only redeeming value they have. They're worse than Norm at comedy, know less about sports than Danny & Corby, and have all the charisma of Pete Stein. They can't even say something funny on accident. Hearing them try to break down the Cowboys or discuss what the Rangers need to improve on will literally make your ears bleed. The only thing they are good at is talking Mavs, and that's only if they're being serious and not trying some shitty comedy bit.

Their shit in The Quick is pretty fucking bad too. Almost as bad as anything by Rob Clark, Leah Shafer or that bitch that does the nightlife reviews.

mFFL03
07-15-2008, 12:44 AM
...all the people bitching about him making 500,000$ are way off base, by the way. there is nothing more pathetic than people who begrudge a person's success; he made that money because the market spoke, and the market made it clear that he was a uniquely talented broadcaster in his role. he generated millions of dollars in revenue for his company, and was rewarded accordingly.

nah i tip my hat to him for the success. but they play off how much money they make. corby "200 for a music ticket!?". sometimes on dunham and miller gordon makes fun of jub jub and junior for driving porches or sports cars, although you never really can tell if he is telling the truth or not.

apparently gordon drives a POS just for the hell of it...once again, you never know if he is joking or not.

by the way, ben and skin's schtick is getting old. their basketball IQ is top notch...but some of their attempts at humor are HORRIBLE....HORRIBLE.

whoever doesn't like bad radio can go to hell. grubes, gribble, dan, and bob easily rival the hardline. hockey talk and donovan are the only things that are holding back that show

monosylab1k
07-15-2008, 05:08 PM
If anybody was just listening and heard Ben and Skin's "Chewbacca" bit.........I hope you survived that audio Holocaust. I was on the verge of setting my ears on fire to relieve the pain.

Spurminator
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah these Dimitri parodies are not working. They were bad yesterday too.

But at least it introduced me to the Dimitri voicemail gold. I had never heard it before.

mexicanjunior
07-15-2008, 05:16 PM
All of this is stupid anyway. Bring back the Rant 3-7. Gordon owns afternoon drive.

I would be all for that...the Rant was genius during it's time.

BTW, I don't think Ben and Skin are that bad, I've heard fill ins much worse than them over the years...

50 cent
07-15-2008, 09:38 PM
If anybody was just listening and heard Ben and Skin's "Chewbacca" bit.........I hope you survived that audio Holocaust. I was on the verge of setting my ears on fire to relieve the pain.

I didn't catch it live but they had it as #8 on the Top 10.

This week is a disaster. :bang

mFFL03
07-15-2008, 10:16 PM
I didn't catch it live but they had it as #8 on the Top 10.

This week is a disaster. :bang

yah, if hardline is ever going to be out again, just sub in bad radio. put ben and skin in the noon hour slot and move Bad Radio to their rightful place.

50 cent
07-16-2008, 12:33 AM
I vote for just running "Best of" shows all the main shows instead of having B&S and the Throwdown trying to cover. It's brutal.

monosylab1k
07-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I vote for just running "Best of" shows all the main shows instead of having B&S and the Throwdown trying to cover. It's brutal.

:tu replaying classic Ticket bits would be gold. I've been dying to hear the Gordo getting arrested in Green Bay story again.

There's enough classic material worth re-listening to again that they could do that all day and probably get great ratings.

G-Nob
07-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Whats wrong with the training camp webcam?!?

monosylab1k
07-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Dunno I never bother using those things.

BTW Greggo was supposed to be a presenter at the Dallas Observer Music Awards, but called an hour before he was supposed to appear and cancelled. Rumors abound now about what he was up to.

G-Nob
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Hopefully Richie Whitt will be on the case when he gets back from vacation. That's shocking news, although, not really.

Wonder if the idea of him joining 103.3 coinciding with training camp was ever true.

mFFL03
08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
FYI....

Ben and Skin show has jumped ship to 105.3 talk radio at the 12-3 slot....Pugs and Kelly is no more...anyone know where they went?

That interferes with Bad Radio....2nd best show on the ticket....they won't win me over...except during those long ass commercials

50 cent
08-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Greggo coming back on ESPN on the late nate non-prime time. 7-10

Interesting.

mFFL03
09-02-2008, 12:42 AM
God Greggo should just replace Grandpa Pee Pants on ESPN 3 - 6pm.

Galloway is just getting worse and worse when you compare him to the other talent on that station.

I'd rather listen to dale hansen than him.

speaking of Dale, here's a classic moment....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecVDPXyxHL4

pussyface
10-09-2008, 05:27 AM
hey ticket listeners, does Norm still do "picks of the pole" on the radio and what have not?

i tried to find them on theticket.com and now they just link me to Norm's personal website which seems to require a monthly fee to get at the man's point spread takes.

can I get at these without paying then or no not really?
information greatly appreciated, im a degenerate gambler and this guy knows way more about sports than I do

pussyface
10-09-2008, 10:44 PM
anyone know whats doin on this front?
is picks of the pole still a regular segment on the hitzges program?

Jimmy Bobby
10-09-2008, 11:00 PM
The Ticket is very strong both in Dallas AND San Antonio.

Mike Taylor (from Dallas, people) is doing an excellent job of bringing the True Ticket to San Antonio listeners on STSA.

monosylab1k
10-09-2008, 11:44 PM

yeah he still does picks of the pole. i thought he had those picks up on his site, but if he doesn't, they might podcast his picks on the ticket website. i don't know for sure tho.

Evan
10-09-2008, 11:46 PM

The guy ends up .500 every year. Its a coin toss guess.

pussyface
10-10-2008, 07:40 AM
he's actually doing alarmingly well record-wise in both ncaa and nfl this year so far.
to be honest I just figure he has a better chance of having a clue than I do, thats all.

without his expert advice, my best strategy appears to be taking all the teams I think will cover, and betting the opposite. seriously, I win more games doing this than taking the plays that seem obvious to me

Obstructed_View
10-10-2008, 10:42 AM
The Ticket is very strong both in Dallas AND San Antonio.

Mike Taylor (from Dallas, people) is doing an excellent job of bringing the True Ticket to San Antonio listeners on STSA.

Except that Mike Taylor came from ESPN Radio in Dallas, not the Ticket.

Evan
10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
he's actually doing alarmingly well record-wise in both ncaa and nfl this year so far.
to be honest I just figure he has a better chance of having a clue than I do, thats all.

without his expert advice, my best strategy appears to be taking all the teams I think will cover, and betting the opposite. seriously, I win more games doing this than taking the plays that seem obvious to me

But he will still end up .500.

monosylab1k
10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
But he will still end up .500.

One of the greatest Ticket moments ever was Norm's meltdown when Gordo's coin flipping did better than the Picks of the Pole, and how he went back to his default "JFK Jr." attacks on Gordo. And of course Friedo stepping in and defending his meal ticket. There's nobody at the station I hate more than Friedo, mainly because the only reason he has a job is cuz he's Norm's lap dog. Well actually it's a tie between Friedo and Danny, not sure who I hate more.

50 cent
01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Holy crap. Nasty Nestor just attacked Gordo. Nestor grabbed Gordo's throat.

The police were called and Gordo has 21 days to press charges.

maxpower
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
That was radio gold, nay platinum.

I found Gordon's reaction hilarious. I don't think in his wildest dreams was he expecting to have Nasty's hands wrapped around his neck.

I just wish the palm trees were not in the way of the full view.:toast

monosylab1k
01-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I was spamming Nasty Nestor's wikipedia page to death, until I got banned.

monosylab1k
01-30-2009, 11:24 AM
It would really suck if The Ticket got banned from the Super Bowl from now on tho.

50 cent
01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm sure the NFL is going to give them a 1 year ban at least. They won't keep them out of the Super Bowl in Arlington.

monosylab1k
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
There's nobody at the station I hate more than Friedo

and I'm so freakin glad his sorry ass went to ESPN. Norm's show has been so much better.

monosylab1k
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm sure the NFL is going to give them a 1 year ban at least. They won't keep them out of the Super Bowl in Arlington.

Yeah. I really hope Nestor isn't banned and comes to Arlington, the P1's are going to give him so much hell.

Spurminator
01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
WTF? I missed it

monosylab1k
01-30-2009, 11:31 AM
WTF? I missed it

Gordo took the wireless around radio row like he always does, he finds Nasty Nestor and says he wants to make peace, compliments his question for Bruce Springsteen....the whole time Nestor is silent. Gordo asks how he can still be mad about this after 10 years, then suddenly you hear Gordo say "What are you doing??!?!?!" and people telling Gordo to back off. Apparently Nestor grabbed Gordo and started choking him.

Junior Miller got the police and now Gordo has 21 days to decide whether or not to press charges.

50 cent
01-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Here is audio of the segment:

http://www.theunticket.com/nasty-nestor-chokes-out-gordon-keith/#comments

jack sommerset
01-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Here is audio of the segment:

http://www.theunticket.com/nasty-nestor-chokes-out-gordon-keith/#comments

Thanks for posting. That was funny.

maxpower
08-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Except that Mike Taylor came from ESPN Radio in Dallas, not the Ticket.

Local radio gold.

Mike Taylor was ripped in The Corner this morning's 6:40 segment. Junior listened to the afternoon show for a few minutes each day(they are broadcasting from alamodome this week). They were familiar with Taylor from his stint at espn radio in DFW. They were both flattered and put off at the amount of Ticket shtick Taylor has taken from The Ticket....more so because he worked at espn and should probably should have been listening to his colleagues instead of the competition.

They went over a list of Ticket vernacular as well as Guys Night Out(GNO) including round tables.

To top it off, at one point Taylor asked one of his guys to go over to the Ticket guys and ask "Where's Greggo?". They did wonder how this would actually be entertaining to the S.A. audience who would have no idea what that was about.

On a related note, yesterday as Bruce Bowen was on the field, Corby went over to him with the wireless and, egged on by Jub(in the booth at the time) asked Bruce put on the headphones and speak with Dirk. Jub managed a few Dirk-like sentences(does he do the fake dirk). Bowen was obviously not fooled and actually noted Jub's impersonation sounded more like Ahhnuld.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-09-2009, 12:06 AM
white elephant day tomorrow

thinking of waking up at 5 to listen to the whole day

at least i'll finally be able to hear a full 4 hours of the great gordo on the hardline

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Fuckin' a. I'll be doin the same.

Dan flyin solo is a MUCH more enticing thought than tha usual Norm for 2 hours straight, and Bob w/ Corby in the early morning should be great.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-09-2009, 12:14 AM
The Dan McDowell Show with Danny producing has me the most interested.

It will either suck ball sack or be constant gold.

What a weird mix. I still really like Dan but jesus that guy just exudes bitchiness.

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 12:14 AM
And, yeah. I usually only catch the tail end of Gordo before Norm forces me to switch to my iPod for a couple. Should be a great mix w/ Mike.

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 12:15 AM
:lol Yeah, he does. Bob certainly evens him out, so I'm curious to see how it'll work.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Gordo is going to take over the Hardline. I bet you anything by the half-way point we'll be hearing fake-norm more than real norm.

I already know that's going to be fuckin hilarious.
and with a post 3pm Tom producing, hyped up on constant red bulls....over-laughing constantly

tomorrow will be a great day

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Did Danny get in trouble for saying "facialbook"?

He says it, some guy in a red jacket comes into his office (?), Dan walks out, and they haven't showed them again.

monosylab1k
12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Gordo is going to take over the Hardline. I bet you anything by the half-way point we'll be hearing fake-norm more than real norm.

I already know that's going to be fuckin hilarious.
and with a post 3pm Tom producing, hyped up on constant red bulls....over-laughing constantly

tomorrow will be a great day

Yeah Gordo is always gold on White Elephant day. One year he had Norm's time slot and did half the show as fake Norm. Another time he was doing Tickers and re-created word for word the entire "Vlade will be happy with that" Alexei Ticker.

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Grubes' Lucky Lou's hoodie was fucking awesome. My favorite bar on Fry.

This fat fuck that took his place is garbage. Is this the guy that man's Grubes' spot w/ the Musers?

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 02:33 PM
These text exchanges are "radio gold".

:rollin

Cant_Be_Faded
12-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I missed most of the morning show.

The best show for me was Dan featuring Danny. I think it turned out really well. I swear to god I heard him drop that F bomb.
Junior and Rhines was crap....hard to listen to, but Donny kept it going with his tickers.

Gordo was incredible. I really wish I woke up early enough to listen to more Musers.

shemale swordfight :lol

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Danny's definitely my favorite. The Orphanage has me losing my shit on Saturdays.

Donny's tickers were pretty entertaining, especially his Tiger tirade...even if he DID do it twice.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Did you hear Gordo's?
During one he just summarized A Christmas Carol

During TWO he just replayed a Sean Bass ticker and whispered in the sponsors over Sean

Then he did this genius legit sports ticker that seriously lasted fifteen minutes....Jub was like okay okay we get it

Gordo was like
shut the hell up or i will string you up over a fire ant hill with a dollop of honey on your taint :rollin

B-Hath
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Glad to see we have some Ticket listeners on the board.

Mike Bascik destroys my will to listen. I wish they would really limit his air time. I find his general idiocy extremely intolerable. I'm not that on board with Donovan either, but he has some nice bits. Greggo leaving was no big loss. And we always have his drops. His best moments will on through them. To sum up Bascik - shitty. Donovan - Meh. Greggo gone - Meh.

Discuss.

monosylab1k
12-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Glad to see we have some Ticket listeners on the board.

Mike Bascik destroys my will to listen. I wish they would really limit his air time. I find his general idiocy extremely intolerable. I'm not that on board with Donovan either, but he has some nice bits. Greggo leaving was no big loss. And we always have his drops. His best moments will on through them. To sum up Bascik - shitty. Donovan - Meh. Greggo gone - Meh.

Discuss.

I agree with you 100% on Bascik. He's almost as bad as Ben & Skin were.

Donovan I don't mind, I know he's a polarizing figure on the Ticket, either you love him or you hate him. I think he brings enough good stuff.

I loved Greggo and really don't like the new Hardline without him. Not that Greggo brought alot of sports insight to the table, but was definitely more knowledgable than Corby. Trying to listen to the Hardline talk Mavs basketball is absolutely unbearable. Half the time they get the opponent the Mavs just played the night before wrong, so you hear them talking about the great game Dirk had against Memphis when you specifically remember watching them play Charlotte. And even if they get that right, they still have no clue what they're talking about.

But the Hardline does one thing right, even tho it's not technically part of their show - Why Today Doesn't Suck is the best 20 minutes of the day.

My Ticket show standings are as follows

1. Musers
2. Bad Radio
3. Norm
4. anything else
5. The Hardline

B-Hath
12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
True. I stop everything down for Why Today Doesn't Suck. It's not quite the wheels off "broadcast like your hair is on fire" session is used to be. But it is still the best part of their broadcast day. I actually thought Ben and Skin were great. The mix they did with the Orphanage on Saturdays was brilliant stuff. But I can definitely see why wouldn't be for everyone. They were completely Mavs and Hip-Hop centric. Not up my alley, but their chemistry was very funny.

sribb43
01-03-2010, 01:59 AM
"The Ticket" is garbage...

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2010, 08:18 PM
The Hardline is downright painful to listen to when they talk sports because neither of them know jack shit. Mike knows baseball damn well, but I hate baseball. And Corby knows college football well enough but he only does one or two segments a week unless theres a big story. Plus his gay ass bias always comes out in the end.

I always listen for WTDS, What's on mikes mind, and E-News though. Fun with real audio is great. Basically I listen for the non-sports segments.

Bad Radio is my favorite show, cuz I'm never up early enough for the greatness of Gordo with the musers.
Sometimes I wish Tom would walk in front of Dan and elbow him right in his self righteous face. But I still like him.

I also like Mike Bascik. He's carving out his own niche and I chuckle almost every time he does his thing where he confuses celebs and sports people.
Donvoan is cool too, if anything he's guilty of just not talking enough, he was doing really really well last week when they teamed him with radz and bascik.

Last November, I told Chode_Regulator to listen to the Hardline when he was driving into Dallas, and it cracked him up so much he totally missed his exit off the interstate.
They were doing fun with real audio and making fun of the new Christmas Bob Dylan album.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Anyone goin to ticketstock?

This week was fucking awesome. Wireless fun on media row never fails to please.

Fpoonsie
02-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Anyone goin to ticketstock?

This week was fucking awesome. Wireless fun on media row never fails to please.

I think I'm finally gonna go this year. I've missed it each time for the past few and drunk Mike is just too much fucking fun.

Free-roaming Corby on media row is mos def "radio gold".

Cant_Be_Faded
02-19-2010, 09:49 PM
anyone wanna bet we hear a fake tiger call on monday?

today's e-brake was great

Fpoonsie
02-20-2010, 04:10 AM
anyone wanna bet we hear a fake tiger call on monday?

today's e-brake was great

I didn't get to hear the e-brake...hopefully I can catch it on the website.

If they DO spoof the conference, I want it to be Norm again. The two "quickly...huge" ones he did months ago were fucking huh. lehr. ee. us.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-20-2010, 04:14 AM
did you end up going to ticketstock

I went friday, it was fun. beer was too expensive though

Fpoonsie
02-24-2010, 12:44 AM
did you end up going to ticketstock

I went friday, it was fun. beer was too expensive though

Nah, I missed it. I had this wedding in Killeen I had to go look "not slim" in that weekend and didn't realize they overlapped.

Outta curiosity, didjoo catch Corby's "Olympic Minute" opening? The olympic theme w/ Corby's laugh throughout? I was near fucking tears.

Btw, where'd Barb Smith go? I miss her. This Alexis chick is rather shitty.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-24-2010, 11:04 PM
barb got fired or laid off.

I missed that olympic theme thing

Cant_Be_Faded
02-24-2010, 11:04 PM

Fpoonsie
02-24-2010, 11:55 PM
The impromptu interview on the Hardline w/ the new Ticker guy McElroy was fucking classic.

mouse
02-25-2010, 08:34 PM
ESPN the Zone kicked ass today anyone catch the Zone fight finals?

Spurminator
02-25-2010, 08:39 PM
taint on taint

When I heard that the first time I laughed so hard my eyes welled up and I couldn't see the road. I could have killed someone. And it would have been worth it.

Fpoonsie
03-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Did anybody catch the very end of The Hardline when Danny went off on that caller that had been on hold for over 2 hours? OMFG. Epic.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Did anybody catch the very end of The Hardline when Danny went off on that caller that had been on hold for over 2 hours? OMFG. Epic.

you haven't heard that? they kind of overplay that....but yeah its pretty funny

today was a strong ticket day

dan's birthday intro, wtds, and most of the hardline was grade A today

http://www.theticket.com/Portals/2/UserFiles/User70160/KTCK_030310_BaD-Dan.mp3

pretty damn funny
podcast of the dan birthday intro to bad radio

mFFL03
03-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Mushmouth returns! Pretty good blog with audio here...

http://www.theunticket.com/

Fpoonsie
03-04-2010, 02:05 AM
you haven't heard that? they kind of overplay that....but yeah its pretty funny

today was a strong ticket day

dan's birthday intro, wtds, and most of the hardline was grade A today

http://www.theticket.com/Portals/2/UserFiles/User70160/KTCK_030310_BaD-Dan.mp3

pretty damn funny
podcast of the dan birthday intro to bad radio

Oh. I didn't know that was an old bit. I've been listening for a couple years now, I'm surprised I've never heard that before.

And, yes, the bday song was greatness.

I still can't believe how much time I wasted on ESPN and local radio back in College Station.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Oh. I didn't know that was an old bit. I've been listening for a couple years now, I'm surprised I've never heard that before.

And, yes, the bday song was greatness.

I still can't believe how much time I wasted on ESPN and local radio back in College Station.

Yeah John from Plano. I swear this guy has to be crazy.
Danny yelling "NAIL ME TO THE FREAKIN CROSS" is one of the all time classics.

They had him on the radio again one time last year during BaD Radio and during WTDS they answered the phone (not realizing who it was)
Corby instantly recognized him, he was like wwwww-w-w-wait, is this John?
From Plano?

they kept putting him on hold, answering, saying, okay hold on one second, then putting him back on hold....poor guy i felt bad for him lol

Grubes does a good job of playin the classics to close out each show.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-12-2010, 09:05 PM
1920's reporter guy scoops callahan interviews hockey player alex ovechkin and the washington caps PR guy kicks him and Dan outta the locker room

http://www.theticket.com/Portals/2/UserFiles/User70160/KTCK_030910_1-BaD-Scoops.mp3

They don't have podcast of Tom doing gabby urinator in Washington, that was even funnier than him doing Scoops.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Gordo was on WTDS today

needless to say
it was

gold

http://www.theunticket.com/wtds-4-5-10/

man that guy is my leader

monosylab1k
04-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Gordo is such greatness. What's incredible is that as funny as he is now, he was 100x funnier 10 years ago when he was an alcoholic.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2010, 08:05 PM
so is he straight edge now or what

i cannot imagine that guy on any substances he is crazy enough already

monosylab1k
04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
so is he straight edge now or what

i cannot imagine that guy on any substances he is crazy enough already

I think it was after he had a kid, he started acting more mature and quit drinking and partying with Greggo and such. The change in his personality is really night and day from the early days of the Ticket until now.

I remember meeting Gordo around 1998 or so, and he was just about the biggest dick in the world. Completely disinterested in talking to the P1's, acted like he was better than everybody. But he was freakin hilarious on the air.

Nowadays he seems alot more pleasant to be around, but with maturity I guess he's not as willing to say the really controversial stuff he used to. But he's still greatness even now.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
From today, fake Kidd:

http://www.theunticket.com/fake-jason-kidd-playoffs/

From after the draft, fake Norm, lolol:

http://www.theunticket.com/fake-norm-fake-goose-2010-nfl-draft/

Spurminator
04-29-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm totally going to be listening to Mavs Theater 1310 tonight. I know most of them are Mav fans but it should be gold.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I woke up at 7 and listened for over ten hours at work today.

This campout thing has been fucking awesome. Best day I've ever listened. Gordon basically in every other segment.

Also great to have Craig there all day to bring some Spurs-perspective to the (little) bball talk throughout the day.

LOL norm looking like a beached whale.
Listening during half time but they don't sound drunk enough yet to make it funny.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2010, 11:30 PM
listening still

the whole crew is still broadcasting

corby is fucking wasted

classic

Fpoonsie
05-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Over the past couple days, I've become a HUGE fan of MushMouth and Ticket Mouse. Fucking GENIUS.

Oh, and yes, "You know what that makes you? A whore!" and "Have fun with your ass!" Corby=PRICEless

Fpoonsie
01-31-2011, 04:18 PM
The Hardline on media row for the SB in mother. fucking. Dallas?!

Yes, please.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2011, 07:12 PM
I wonder if nasty nestor gets jumped by P1s? BTW Junior said that the New York Times sports writers mentioned how the new stadium is commonly referred to as The Death Star rofl rofl

stretch
03-24-2011, 02:40 PM
almost spit my drink out at this one

http://www.theunticket.com/fake-dirk-nowitzki/

jsandiego
04-03-2011, 01:49 AM
The camp out stuff last weekend was pretty awesome. Check out the UnTicket for lots of classic audio.

stretch
01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
ticketstock not in plano this year?

does anyone ever even go to that thing?

BUMP
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM
is it a coincidence that this was bumped the day pussyface returned?

Fpoonsie
01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Never gone, but wanted to.

Though, I'm a bit hesitant 'cause I'd bet good money both Dan and Snake are the biggest pricks in real life. Possibly Danny, too...and he's my favorite.

Spurminator
01-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Danny's good people in person. Nothing like his radio persona, from what I've seen. Just don't bombard him with random Ticket schtick (same with everyone else.)

For example, greeting him with your impression of a Ticket drop is not a good way to strike up a conversation.

mouse
01-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Danny's good people in person. Nothing like his radio persona.

Why can't those same rules apply with Jeff Vexler ,Chris Duel and others?

monosylab1k
01-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Danny's good people in person. Nothing like his radio persona, from what I've seen. Just don't bombard him with random Ticket schtick (same with everyone else.)

For example, greeting him with your impression of a Ticket drop is not a good way to strike up a conversation.

:lol tbh i have to say fuck that, and fuck Danny. He's not Dave Chappelle and hearing it everywhere in the world, every street he walks down. He's just a midlevel guy on Dallas radio. So he gets his ass whipped for one weekend a year hearing everybody yell "I like steak" at him, he should be fucking thankful.

Spurminator
01-18-2012, 06:13 PM
:lol tbh i have to say fuck that, and fuck Danny. He's not Dave Chappelle and hearing it everywhere in the world, every street he walks down. He's just a midlevel guy on Dallas radio. So he gets his ass whipped for one weekend a year hearing everybody yell "I like steak" at him, he should be fucking thankful.

It's probably fair at Ticketstock. Just saying, if he's your favorite guy on the radio and you catch him at Adairs with the King Bucks, you're not going to have a very long conversation with him if it starts with you yelling "GET YOUR ASS HUNG UP ON NOW YOU IDIOT" while he's having a burger. tbh.

mouse
01-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Peter Burns and Paul Grecko are a lot different in person also.

monosylab1k
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
It's probably fair at Ticketstock. Just saying, if he's your favorite guy on the radio and you catch him at Adairs with the King Bucks, you're not going to have a very long conversation with him if it starts with you yelling "GET YOUR ASS HUNG UP ON NOW YOU IDIOT" while he's having a burger. tbh.

Well obviously in that scenario the drop you should quote is "I've got a flask in my car if you'd care to join me for an after hours drink"

Spurminator
01-18-2012, 07:59 PM