PDA

View Full Version : Who is Deron Williams talking about here?

trueD
05-31-2007, 08:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=2887819

Williams was vocal in his disappointment.

"Some guys were already on vacation. Point blank. On vacation.
A long time ago," Williams said. "I think we have a great
nucleus. I don't like bashing my teammates, and I'm never going to
call anybody out individually. But as a team, some guys need to
figure things out, if they want to be here."

Boozer agreed, contrasting Fisher's dedication in being at the
game to "guys that have vacation plans" and no "championship
vision."

trueD
05-31-2007, 08:43 AM
BTW, Congrats Spurs fans. Not that anyone should be surprised...

http://www.cowboyindian.com/accespur.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
05-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Okur, AK-47, Harpring, and the entire bench

cheguevara
05-31-2007, 08:44 AM
he's crying , why can't he take the blame for playing a shitty game bad foot or not.

it's too soon and he's too young to call out the team. He's being dumb

Assman
Steve Nash?

ducks
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69396

cheguevara
Okur, AK-47, Harpring, and the entire bench

Harpring? are u kidding, he was hustling even when Jazz had lost.

trueD
05-31-2007, 08:45 AM
Harpring had a good series, didn't he? Damn, he's a veteran...Williams is in his 2nd year? Maybe Boozer shoulda said that instead.

Okur looked good for spurts, as did AK-47...but AK has that head thing going on.

Thanks for the reply.

Oh, Gee!!
05-31-2007, 08:46 AM

harpring is an idiot and so are you for defending him. I'm beginning to wonder whose side are you on. Traitor!!!

ducks
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69365

trueD
DAYUM these threads get tread action in here :lol

MadDog73
05-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Okur just didn't show up... for 5 fucking games.

Avg. 17 pts in regular season - you can't say the Jazz didn't miss him.

SAGambler
05-31-2007, 08:48 AM

Yeah. There is a guy that could probably be a Spur. He has that never give up mentality. He would probably be a good compliment to Manu coming off the bench.

I think Okur and AK are the ones that already had the fishing reservations.

picnroll
05-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Williams is second year but he's the leader of that team. that's obvious and that's the way it should be. I like what he did since he didn't name anyone specifically. This kid is one helluva player.

btw see how much less effective Boozer was without an effective Williams. Drives home the point in that system how much Stockton made Malone.

cheguevara
05-31-2007, 08:50 AM
harpring is an idiot and so are you for defending him. I'm beginning to wonder whose side are you on. Traitor!!!

why is harpring an idiot?

trueD
05-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Okur just didn't show up... for 5 fucking games.

Avg. 17 pts in regular season - you can't say the Jazz didn't miss him.
You're right. The team has no playoff experience, so you gotta account for a little shyness. They beat the dreaded Warriors, however. :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69365

Sorry, and thanks.

Oh, Gee!!
05-31-2007, 08:53 AM
why is harpring an idiot?

the correct answer is they're all idiots and they all suck, and the Spurs totally roolz them.

cheguevara
05-31-2007, 08:56 AM
the correct answer is they're all idiots and they all suck, and the Spurs totally roolz them.

oh ok :rolleyes

trueD
05-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah. There is a guy that could probably be a Spur. He has that never give up mentality. He would probably be a good compliment to Manu coming off the bench.

I think Okur and AK are the ones that already had the fishing reservations.

I thought Harpring was nails off the bench too. Not good fantasy league stuff, just good grit in crucial moments, especially defensively.

Williams is second year but he's the leader of that team. that's obvious and that's the way it should be. I like what he did since he didn't name anyone specifically. This kid is one helluva player.

btw see how much less effective Boozer was without an effective Williams. Drives home the point in that system how much Stockton made Malone.

Agree on Williams, and hopefully he can maintain that aura of greatness while improving, instead of being just a young 2nd year player with no fear.

Also noted, Jerry Sloan said [paraphrased] that he looks forward to seeing what the team does next year, which likely means that he won't be retiring?

ArgSpursFan
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Andrei Kirilenko.I would say,He aint even half a player he was Years back

bdictjames
05-31-2007, 09:56 AM
AK-47.. thinking of bed with his model wife

50 cent
05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
AK47 really showed that he is a loser this series.

His comments after game 2 and the fact that his teammates are calling him out for wanting to go on vacation makes me hope he never gets close to being a Spur.

ambchang
05-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Contrary to popular belief, I thought Okur did a commendable job in this series. Sure he shot like crap, but his hustle plays and defense on Duncan was invaluable. When you concentrate that hard on defense, I am not surprised he doesn't have anything left in the offense.
My guess for vacation plans is AK-47, but then this is just pure speculation.

romain.star
05-31-2007, 11:34 AM
AK47 is ordered by Vlad Poutine to suck. Otherwise, he'll be the next Litvinenko.

wildbill2u
05-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Bad sign when players like williams and boozer start carping about their teammates, even if true, because there will be some nasty residue when next season starts.

Not one player--or coach for that matter-- took a shot at Manu after the stupid foul in game 7 against the Mavs last year.

Don't think that Manu didn't appreciate the support and make him want to play his heart out for those guys this year. That's what being a 'team' is all about.

raspsa
05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
I think Boozer should have tried harder in game 5.. the jazz would have still lost but he should have played with a lot more aggression and gone down fighting..

jag
05-31-2007, 12:15 PM

Harpring is a solid player and hustles his ass off.