PDA

View Full Version : Buck Harvey: Fortunate Finley: How the karma switched for one

Spurs Brazil
05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA053107.01X.COL.BKNharvey.spurs.3d00b7d.html

Buck Harvey: Fortunate Finley: How the karma switched for one

Web Posted: 05/31/2007 12:54 AM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

This was over with the first shot of the game.
Fittingly, Michael Finley took it.

A year ago, Finley summed up what happens When Things Go Wrong. He joined the defending champs expecting to win as they had, and he instead took a literal blow to highly sensitive areas. Jason Terry got him with a punch to the groin, and his former team of more than eight seasons, the Mavericks, got him with the season-ending loss.

So Wednesday night, he used the word "gratifying," and the soft smile that accompanied it said as much.

Of all the Spurs, no one appreciates what has gone right more than Finley.

Not everything has tilted the Spurs' way recently. Deron Williams, for example, didn't have the stomach flu at the same time he wore a boot on an ankle.

Phoenix also didn't go away as Dallas did. Steve Nash wasn't suspended along with Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw. And Joey Crawford didn't leave until the end of the season.

Otherwise, the Spurs have been blessed, and now the only question is this: Will it be the Cavaliers or the Pistons who lose their luggage on their way to San Antonio next week?

Just a year ago, though, the opposite happened. Tim Duncan hobbled with a sore foot when he wasn't fouling out, and Manu Ginobili wasn't the Ginobili who won Game 4 in Utah.

Then, instead of scoring 16 points in the fourth quarter to beat the Jazz, he notoriously fouled Dirk Nowitzki. The Spurs lost that Game 7 in overtime, and Gregg Popovich immediately rushed to congratulate Avery Johnson. Other Spurs, including David Robinson, followed.

Finley, instead, walked quickly toward the tunnel that leads to the team's locker room at the AT&T Center. He would eventually text message his former teammates in Dallas, but he wasn't up to congratulations that night.

Dallas had not only advanced to the conference finals, but so had two other teams that Finley could have signed with instead of the Spurs. One was Phoenix, the other was the eventual champion, Miami.

According to those in the organization, Popovich hurt over this. Finley had done everything the Spurs had asked, and Popovich felt as if they had let Finley down.

Finley didn't talk to the media the night of the loss to Dallas, but the next day, he was the only Spur who did. Then, he said he was sticking with his decision to sign with the Spurs "100 percent," and he tried to frame the disappointment.

"The ball just didn't bounce our way," he said that day. "Dallas got a lot of bounces and a lot of breaks. You have to tip your hat to them. Maybe they're destined to do something good. You never know."

You never know, all right. The Mavericks would blow a Finals lead, then collapse in the first round this year.

That created a playoff opening for the Spurs, and Finley helped create a few others. The Spurs eliminated the Nuggets, for example, when Finley threw in a franchise playoff record eight 3-pointers.

Phoenix, another team that wanted Finley, fell next. As for the suspensions: The Suns could have used a professional such as Finley in a huddle of youth.

He was solid against the Jazz, scoring in double figures in both of the first wins. He played with a sore lower back, but how could he complain? Despite his age, Finley was one of only two Spurs to play in all 82 games in the regular season.

He went 30 minutes in the Game 4 victory in Salt Lake City, and the text message communication came back the other way then. Dirk Nowitzki congratulated him.

That brought Finley to the threshold of something he'd never known before, a conference title. So it's little wonder he was the one who came out firing Wednesday. He shot and scored the game's first basket, and he followed with the next. The Spurs never trailed the rest of the way.

"I thought it was important for us to come out with a strong effort," Finley said, "to let them know we were serious."

Serious?

Anyone who saw him last year, who saw him after the loss, knew he would be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected]

spursgrl20
05-31-2007, 09:54 AM
That was a great article, I was soooo happy for him last night. I kept yelling at the tv for Dan Patrick to give Fin the microphone so he could say something, but he didn't. :madrun :wakeup

01Snake
05-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Fin has been HUGE throughout the Playoffs!

whottt
05-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Great Article that illustrates what a selfless good sport Fin Dog is...

I'd never believe Fin turned cancerous in Dallas at the thought of giving up his spot, after reading this article. That man doesn't know the meaning of the word pout like a bitch.

He'll choke.

bdictjames
05-31-2007, 10:06 AM
I cant imagine we have a former superstar in this team for a couple of million dollars. Spurs are blessed to have acquired Fin dog

Jimcs50
05-31-2007, 10:12 AM
He'll choke.

Stay classy, Whottt

leemajors
05-31-2007, 10:14 AM
whott is baiting timvp now.

Jimcs50
05-31-2007, 10:15 AM
whott is baiting timvp now.

yathink?

leemajors
05-31-2007, 10:16 AM
yathink?

gimme the good stuff jim - Eastern Conference in 6?

Jimcs50
05-31-2007, 10:18 AM
gimme the good stuff jim - Eastern Conference in 6?

If we play Cleveland, there is no way in hell that Horry gets his 7th ring...they have owned SA the last 2 years and Lebron owns Bruce.

Detroit will be tough, but we do have a slight chance in that series, if we can get CWeb in foul trouble, as he has always been a huge Spur killer.

whottt
05-31-2007, 10:20 AM
I'll be classy like Fin...refuse to shake the hands of my old team because they beat me fair and square...

That's a bitch move.

As is going to their number one rival for the vet min when they are paying him 15 million

Sorry...Finley's a bitch...a bitter one...he'll choke because he's more worried about himself and puts himself above the team...

He's AJ part 2.

Better hope we get up 3-1 or you won't see anything resembling clutch from him.

Edit: Why does Pop have such a soft spot for self centered pouting bitches like AJ, Larry Brown and Fin? He's not one himself...and his team is nothing like that...

Kick Fin's ass to the curb before he makes the rest of the team like that...

Jimcs50
05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I'll be classy like Fin...refuse to shake the hands of my old team because they beat me fair and square...

Fuck off. He got hammered in the nuts by one of those assholes, the owner was trashing him, and the Spurs had the game won, only to lose by a fluke one in a lifetime bonehead foul. I do not blame him for being a little bitter. He did text his friends on the team the next day and that showed that once he was over the shock, he did man up.....excuse him for being human.....you self rightious ass.

td4mvp21
05-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Fuck off. He got hammered in the nuts by one of those assholes, the owner was trashing him, and the Spurs had the game won, only to lose by a fluke one in a lifetime bonehead foul. I do not blame him for being a little bitter. He did text his friends on the team the next day and that showed that once he was over the shock, he did man up.....excuse him for being human.....you self rightious ass.

Amen. They treated him like shit, the players did, the fans did, and Cuban did. And whottt is expecting Finley to be all cool with it?

whottt
05-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Fuck off. He got hammered in the nuts by one of those assholes,

So did Drob...didn't stop him from shaking the nuthammerers hand.

And unless all those guys hammered him in the nuts...he was pouting...wishing he'd gone to a different team.

Fuck him...he's the reason we lost with all that negative karma...

Poor Manu was just the channel for it.

the owner was trashing him,

The owner was trashing the Spurs and the entire city of SA as well...didn't stop the rest of the team from being good sports.

and the Spurs had the game won, only to lose by a fluke one in a lifetime bonehead foul. I do not blame him for being a little bitter. He did text his friends on the team the next day and that showed that once he was over the shock, he did man up.....excuse him for being human.....you self rightious ass.

LMAO...

It's called poor sportsmanship Jim...plain and simple.

And the reason he came here was to stick it to his old team, that just so happened to be paying him a fortune, and nutride a defending champ...

You do realize that part of the reason the Mavs wanted to dump him was because he was turning cancerous at the idea of a reduced role...

Borosai
05-31-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm extremely happy for Finley, especially since he is earning it all. He isn't coming in as the 10th man in garbage time. A championship would mean a lot to every single player on the team, including the guys who haven't played a single second in the playoffs. They have put in their time in practice, and they feel whatever the team feels, but Finley is playing his heart out, hustling on defense, playing physical, and making his shots. He wants it more than anyone else on the team, and it shows.

easjer
05-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Aw, that article made me a little teary. I'm really glad for Fin that we are headed to the Finals, and I hope they win and he gets his ring.

I want that 4th ring and 4th Finals MVP for Timmy though.

whottt
05-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Amen. They treated him like shit, the players did, the fans did, and Cuban did. And whottt is expecting Finley to be all cool with it?

Go ahead...make exceptions for Finely....put that bitch above the rest of the team, he does it too...that's probably why he sucked ass most of the season as well...he was still in pout mode...pissed off he was stuck in SA.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Whottt, now you're just being a bitch.

whottt
05-31-2007, 10:43 AM
It's all about Fin....

Why?

Because he couldn't win a title on a team with two MVP's and is getting paid 15 mil per season by the Mavs to play for us?

I just don't get heartwarming aspect of all this...

td4mvp21
05-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Go ahead...make exceptions for Finely....put that bitch above the rest of the team, he does it too...that's probably why he sucked ass most of the season as well...he was still in pout mode...pissed off he was stuck in SA.

I'm not making an exception for Finley. If anyone on our team went through the same thing, I wouldn't blame them for giving their old team the cold shoulder. I can't believe you're criticizing a guy for doing something most of us would do in the same situation.

whottt
05-31-2007, 10:46 AM
What did he go through that was so traumatic...

Picking the wrong team...defending champs?

No need to feel sorry for him....he felt sorry for himself plenty. And I do think that's why he sucked all season.

You guys act like this dude is the pope. He's not.

whottt
05-31-2007, 10:50 AM
I hope ya'll are right...I hope he comes through...we will need him too....until that time...

This guy is the same bitch that whined like a bitch about Bowen...

I am sorry ya'll, Finley is a fucking cunt...

Go ahead...I will let ya'll celebrate his cuntness in peace.

I am going to go pout like a bitch no one agrees with me...please feel sorry for me. Kiss my ass a little, I'm special...thanks.

Findog
05-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I seem to recall footage of Finley hugging Jerry Stackhouse at the end of that game. Skip ahead to the end:

http://mavericks.ning.com/video/video/show?id=531091:Video:1229

Finley's a class act through and through. Good for him to finally get his ring.

Findog
05-31-2007, 11:01 AM
I hope ya'll are right...I hope he comes through...we will need him too....until that time...

I am going to go pout like a bitch no one agrees with me...please feel sorry for me. Kiss my ass a little, I'm special...thanks.

So how long have you been suffering from Tourette's?

Findog
05-31-2007, 11:03 AM

Not all of us threw Finley under the bus. Just the 12 year old girls in pink Dirk jerseys and the cocaine and boob job crowd at the AAC. We have one of the worst home crowds in the League.

cheguevara
05-31-2007, 11:06 AM
moron alert

whottt
05-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Suck a cock Findog...

Findog
05-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Suck a cock Findog...

There is no known cure for Tourette's syndrome. Behavioral management techniques done at home, professional counseling, relaxation therapy, biofeedback, hypnosis and some medications are effective methods for treating the condition. Brain surgery is currently being studied as a treatment for tics. In mild cases of tic disorder, very little treatment may be needed. Typically, tics increase when the child is tense or stressed, and decrease when the child is relaxed or
focused on an absorbing task. The use of relaxation techniques or biofeedback may help the child deal with stress. Although some milder tic disorders may respond to behavioral therapies, Tourette's Syndrome generally does not. The best form of treatment is medicine.
A majority of patients with Tourette syndrome do not need to take drugs, as their tics do not interfere much with their lives, and they develop normally. In serious cases, a drug used to treat severe mental illness, such as haloperidol (Haldol) or pimozide (Orap), is given, starting with a very low dose and increasing until the tics respond without side effects occurring. Researchers are developing new antipsychotic drugs that may be targeted to particular symptoms of Tourette syndrome. Clonidine, a drug used to treat high blood pressure, works well against motor tics but may not always relieve vocal tics. Older children tend to do well with this drug, and side effects are less of a problem than with antipsychotic drugs. Clonidine helps Tourette syndrome children who have trouble focusing their attention, and also makes patients less frightened about their tics.

Medications used in Tourette syndrome should be tapered gradually to avoid worsening of symptoms when the drug is discontinued. It may be a good idea to simply observe a Tourette syndrome patient for weeks or even months before starting drug treatment. Usually, after two to three years, Tourette syndrome will be as severe as it is going to get. In the late teenage years, tics often get better by themselves. A calm, reassuring approach will help the patient and family to understand the condition and encourage them to cooperate with treatment. Tourette syndrome children may do quite well in a regular classroom, but those with severe tics should be in a setting that meets their needs, whether this means smaller or special classes, a private place to study, or tutoring.

cheguevara
05-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Finley is the #4 best player in the SPurs. HE is a huge reason why we made it to the finals. he will get his ring finally this year. he deserves it

Budkin
05-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Finley is fucking awesome... so glad he's on our team now.

smeagol
05-31-2007, 11:51 AM
whottt doing his routine . . . and people falling for it.

Jimcs50
05-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Whottt, you are :owned

Just stop digging yourself any deeper a hole and quit while you are behind....please for the love of God.....just stop the insanity.

Mr. Body
05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Finley... love the guy.

judaspriestess
05-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I am reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly happy for Michael Finley

:clap

ShoogarBear
05-31-2007, 12:31 PM
whottt has powers of reading comprehension not bestowed on mortal men.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2007, 12:56 PM

Better to be a cunt in the head (Finley) than a cunt on the court (Barry).

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 01:13 PM
The more whottt writes, the funnier this gets.

leemajors
05-31-2007, 01:50 PM
i thought timvp would be all over this. i guess he's asleep or ghostwriting for the sports guy again...

2centsworth
05-31-2007, 02:00 PM

That's a bitch move.

As is going to their number one rival for the vet min when they are paying him 15 million

Sorry...Finley's a bitch...a bitter one...he'll choke because he's more worried about himself and puts himself above the team...

He's AJ part 2.

Better hope we get up 3-1 or you won't see anything resembling clutch from him.

Edit: Why does Pop have such a soft spot for self centered pouting bitches like AJ, Larry Brown and Fin? He's not one himself...and his team is nothing like that...

Kick Fin's ass to the curb before he makes the rest of the team like that...

are you stoned? Fin has been nothing but clutch for the Spurs. Way more than I can say for Barry. Coming to the Spurs was not spiteful, it was smart.

WhotttDynasty
05-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Finley is a fluke player hitting fluke shots. He sucks.

Brent Barry is the best shooting guard in the history of the Spurs.

timvp
05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
i thought timvp would be all over this. i guess he's asleep or ghostwriting for the sports guy again...

I'm letting whottt dig his own grave. I already gave him the shovel.

whottt
05-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't trust Finley either

picnroll
05-31-2007, 03:19 PM
whottt is just bitter because Barry is sucking ass.

nkdlunch
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
whott you're wasting your time, Barry is straight and has a hot wife

Marcus Bryant
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
Because Beno needs someone to squeeze.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't see how Finley can be called a chucker these playoff when he's hit 43 of 93 three pointers.

jaespur21
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Really happy for finley. love his game. his jumper is not as automatic as it use to be aka phx days, nor can he explode in the same way. But every time he shoots a 3 i Believe its going in.
Every time we win we have veterans on our team that really deserve a Ship and im so glad finley will be gettin his soon enough

beirmeistr
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
I know it's become commonplace to treat Nick Van Exel like a doormat, but wasn't Van Exel instrumental in convincing Finley to join the Spurs?

jaespur21
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Oh yeah cuck a sock whottt

whottt
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't see how Finley can be called a chucker these playoff when he's hit 43 of 93 three pointers.

You can hit 90% of 3 pointers and still be a choker. Or you can hit 10% of them and be clutch...

In any case...he hasn't choke yet...it's coming.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Choke, chuck. Potato, tomato.

jaespur21
05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
even if finley does so call choke as u say it wont matter. Cuz the spurs will be up double digits anyways

ChumpDumper
You can hit 90% of 3 pointers and still be a choker. Or you can hit 10% of them and be clutch...

In any case...he hasn't choke yet...it's coming.You can also try to change the subject from "chucker" to "choker."

whottt
Choke, chuck. Potato, tomato.

Well said....

whottt
05-31-2007, 03:38 PM
You can also try to change the subject from "chucker" to "choker."

Oh lmao...

My god...you are actually questioning whether or not he is a chucker?

I can see questioning whether or not he is a choker...I have no clue how you can claim he isn't a chucker.

Then again...you wanted to see Ron Mercer at the point.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh lmao...

My god...you are actually questioning whether or not he is a chucker?

I can see questioning whether or not he is a choker...I have no clue how you can claim he isn't a chucker.

Then again...you wanted to see Ron Mercer at the point.:lmao @ the next attempt to change the subject.

43/93 = chucker

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 03:44 PM
It's ok whottt, I'm pleased that you've proven you hate Finley more than you like the Spurs.

11/39 = sharpshooter

fuckespn
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
whott did finley fuck your girl/wife and plant his seed in her womb and force you to raise his kid or something?

whottt
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
It's ok whottt, I'm pleased that you've proven you hate Finley more than you like the Spurs.

11/39 = sharpshooter

21 mpg vs ......

Just be glad Barry didn't pout like Finley did...or we'd have faced the Mavs again.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
The guy who has grown completely silent about Bruce being a choking shooter
Ummm, link?

I never said he was a choker.

I said that for a last second three, I would rather have a play designed for Horry, Manu, Finley, or even Mrs. whottt himself.

dimsah
05-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Is there a gas leak in here?

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 03:53 PM
21 mpg vs ......12.2

So Barry needs some welfare minutes to get going.

In the playoffs.

Keep posting, whottt. This is gold.

whottt
05-31-2007, 03:54 PM
So Barry needs some welfare minutes to get going.

In the playoffs.

Keep posting, whottt. This is gold.

No more so than Finley did...

Barry had beaten Finley out of the job as starting bench guy until Barry got injured.

Barry doesn't play well in sporadic minutes

Sin,

A blind man

PS: Neither does Fin

fuckespn
05-31-2007, 03:55 PM
whott needs to get some pussy

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 03:55 PM
No more so than Finley did...

Barry had beaten Finley out of the job as starting bench guy until Barry got injured.So, given the same number of minutes, Barry would shoot 70% from the arc.

It's time to completely change the rotation!

whottt
05-31-2007, 03:58 PM
So, given the same number of minutes, Barry would shoot 70% from the arc.

He'd shoot better from 3 than Finley shot from 2

Sin,

This season

Barry =

Lead team in 3 PCT
2PCT
Adjusted FG %
PPS

Finley...shot worse than Barry did the first year you all ripped Barry as a pussy....

Difference is...Finley takes more shots to suck.

What was Finley shooting in 10 mpg...did he ever get over 30%? From 2?

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Two-point FG% is the most important stat for designated three-point shooters.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Old School.

:corn:

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Look, just tell how Barry would have gotten us to the Finals when Finley couldn't.

Oh wait -- we're here!

Typical of your single-issue rants.

Playing Barry is truly the only way to win a championship this year. Nothing else matters to you because, well, nothing else matters more to you than Brent Barry.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Except maybe the Coyote.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Look, just tell how Barry would have gotten us to the Finals when Finley couldn't.

Oh wait -- we're here!

Typical of your single-issue rants.

Playing Barry is truly the only way to win a championship this year. Nothing else matters to you because, well, nothing else matters more to you than Brent Barry.

The Spurs would have been almost as big a joke as the Mavs if they failed to beat the Jazz...I don't give a damn how good Stockton and Malone are.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:11 PM
The irony of Hedo's biggest defender rushing to Finley's rescue is lost on nearly all....

Let's see if we can get TPark up in this bitch to really make it funny.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:12 PM
Ok, whottt. Tell me what is the time threshold where Barry becomes effective in an NBA playoff game.

You're argument is to waive Finley right now and play Barry how many minutes per game to bring him back up to NBA playoff effectiveness?

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:15 PM
The irony of Hedo's biggest defender rushing to Finley's rescue is lost on nearly all....

Let's see if we can get TPark up in this bitch to really make it funny.I am not rushing to Finley's defense. Finley's performance is speaking for itself. He's owning you profoundly with no one's assistance.

I am asking you why he should be waived and what Barry has done IN THESE PLAYOFFS to deserve all Finley's minutes after you get your wish for Finley to get cancer.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Ok, whottt. Tell me what is the time threshold where Barry becomes effective in an NBA playoff game.

Seems to me that...going back 3 years now...whoever that first swing off the bench is...plays better than the second...it's usually not shooting that decides it...it's defense.

You're argument is to waive Finley right now and play Barry how many minutes per game to bring him back up to NBA playoff effectiveness?

More than Finley lol.

Finley is a guy that's good enough to be on the court to let you down when it matters most...

Barry is a guy that you think is going to let you down when it matters most, even though he never does...so he doesn't get the minutes.

hater
05-31-2007, 04:17 PM
let me take a wild guess, whott supports the war in Iraq :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't know how a guy shooting 43/93 in the playoffs can be called a chucker.
Because he's obviously a choker who hasn't choked yet!

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:21 PM
I am not rushing to Finley's defense. Finley's performance is speaking for itself. He's owning you profoundly with no one's assistance.

I am asking you why he should be waived and what Barry has done IN THESE PLAYOFFS to deserve all Finley's minutes after you get your wish for Finley to get cancer.

Um...I didn't start ripping Finley profoundly until we were up 2-0 against the Jazz..when he was playing prettty well.

I am bashing him and predicting failure based entirely on my historical view of him..

But seriously...you guys are so fucking stupid that you don't see that no one plays well or consistently from that spot Pop has Barry in now...including Finley.

Now then...why don't you guys go bump some Devin Brown appreciation threads...and tell me who got owned.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Seems to me that...going back 3 years now...whoever that first swing off the bench is...plays better than the second...it's usually not shooting that decides it...it's defense.Well Finley is shooting better and defending better, so....
Finley is a guy that's good enough to be on the court to let you down when it matters most...

Barry is a guy that you think is going to let you down when it matters most, even though he never does...so he doesn't get the minutes.How compelling.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:23 PM
That's excactly what he is right now...a choker who hasn't choked yet...this season.

That's the evil that is Michael Finley...he plays good enough to deserve to be on the court when it matters most...it's then he chokes.

See...Barry can choke and it will never register on the team's performance...

When Finley chokes, he's going to take enough shots to make it matter...at the worst possible time...Finley does not pass.

It's not hard to see Finley chokes when it matters most...all you have to do is watch his performances in the playoffs with the Mavs...he's a big reason they always choked.

Finley is the type of guy that will go 7-10 in a game 7...and all 3 of those misses will be in the final minute of the game...no passing...I don't care if Duncan is standing there screaming for the ball.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Um...I didn't start ripping Finley profoundly until we were up 2-0 against the Jazz..when he was playing prettty well.You didn't start this thread until we lost a game.

I am bashing him and predicting failure based entirely on my historical view of him..Right. Those 22 minutes per game are the only factor that could possibily determine victory or defeat. Nothing else.

But seriously...you guys are so fucking stupid that you don't see that no one plays well or consistently from that spot Pop has Barry in now...including Finley. So now we'll blame Pop too.

Now then...why don't you guys go bump some Devin Brown appreciation threads...and tell me who got owned.Wow, whottt -- you must really be scurred. You've tried to change the subject four times now.

:hat

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:29 PM
That's excactly what he is right now...a choker who hasn't choked yet...this season.Right. Since I wasn't asking about choking and you changed the subject to choking....

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:31 PM
In summary...Finley is the worst kind of choker...he's one that wants to take the last shot.

GrandeDavid
05-31-2007, 04:32 PM
I seem to recall footage of Finley hugging Jerry Stackhouse at the end of that game. Skip ahead to the end:

http://mavericks.ning.com/video/video/show?id=531091:Video:1229

Finley's a class act through and through. Good for him to finally get his ring.

He hasn't gotten his ring yet, but he is a class act as you say. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and he is a great guy. Anything but a "cunt" as whottt tags him. :rolleyes

Sad shit around here.

I don't get why whottt is bitching and insulting him. Pretty lame, but fans are entitled to their opinions.

I love Michael Finley and am thrilled at the prospect of him getting a shot at a ring.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Right. Since I wasn't asking about choking and you changed the subject to choking....

LMAO I am not even going to argue with you about whether or not he's a chucker...that's a silly argument.

That motherfucker is a bigger black hole than Malik with Duncan and Drob out of the game.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Man I haven't seen a debate this good since the last time i kicked Plaschke's ass. I'm masturbating to this thread as we speak. It's tough typing one-handed.

Just keep in mind...

timvp, Chump...

They had their tongues so far up Devin Brown's ass in 05, Devin's still smiling from it...

Meanwhile...

Devin Brown will never play for the Spurs again - Pop 2007.

2005 Title won...I think Devin's only PT was because Beno had to tie his shoelaces.

fuckespn
05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
whott don't make me fuck you bitch and embarrass you

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:36 PM
So Pop's opinion matters to you now?

Finley plays and Barry doesn't - Pop 2007.

It's ok whottt, I thought we could win with either Barry or Devin playing those minutes.

I even think we could win this year with Barry playing Fin's minutes.

I don't hate Barry and I wouldn't wish the Spurs to lose if he played.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:37 PM
He hasn't gotten his ring yet, but he is a class act as you say. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and he is a great guy. Anything but a "cunt" as whottt tags him. :rolleyes

Sad shit around here.

I don't get why whottt is bitching and insulting him. Pretty lame, but fans are entitled to their opinions.

I love Michael Finley and am thrilled at the prospect of him getting a shot at a ring.

Mike Finley fucked up my defending championship team and cost us a repeat last year.

Plus he's a Mav to the core to me.

Plus he cheapshooted Bowen...and whined like a bitch about him.

Seriously...Smitty was a class guy...do a forum search sometime and see how these same Finley defenders viewed him.

Personally I like Smitty better...at least you know he's going to choke...

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:39 PM
So Pop's opinion matters to you now?

Finley plays and Barry doesn't - Pop 2007.

Devin plays and Barry doesn't - Pop 2005...prior to Devin getting injured.

I traded Stever Kerr away before I traded to bring him back - Pop 2003

His(Oberto's) coach was stupid - Pop 2006

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Devin plays and Barry doesn't - Pop 2005...prior to Devin getting injured.

I traded Stever Kerr away before I traded to bring him back - Pop 2003

His(Oberto's) coach was stupid - Pop 2006So we should never listen to Pop.

It's easy for whottt to win an argument when he takes both sides.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:43 PM
So we should never listen to Pop.

It's easy for whottt to win an argument when he takes both sides.

Hey Pop has his moments(of agreeing with me)...they usually result in championships...

GrandeDavid
Mike Finley fucked up my defending championship team and cost us a repeat last year.

Your defending championship team? OUR defending championship team. Like many others here on this board, I also buy tickets to games, merchandise and support this team in many ways.

Finley worked his ass off in last year's playoffs. I thought he did a very good job.

Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion, so I'll leave it at that.

ChumpDumper
Hey Pop has his moments(of agreeing with me)...they usually result in championships...
Congratulations, coach.

whottt
Pop makes mistakes...but he eventually learns from them...unlike some.

whottt
05-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Your defending championship team? OUR defending championship team. Like many others here on this board, I also buy tickets to games, merchandise and support this team in many ways.

Finley worked his ass off in last year's playoffs. I thought he did a very good job.

Hedo was a class guy...didn't get him any slack.
Ditto Smitty

Were you even reading the forum earlier in the season when Finley was sucking, like, last month? Half these guys I am arguing with now were ripping him worse than I am.

MadDog73
05-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Guys, guys, this is just an act.

As much as whottt's gonna deny it, he's just saying this shit so Finley doesn't choke, and whottt can take credit for it!

Book it.

Findog
05-31-2007, 04:57 PM

I thought Finley played pretty well in the series against us as well.

Findog
05-31-2007, 05:01 PM
That's excactly what he is right now...a choker who hasn't choked yet...this season.

That's the evil that is Michael Finley...he plays good enough to deserve to be on the court when it matters most...it's then he chokes.

See...Barry can choke and it will never register on the team's performance...

When Finley chokes, he's going to take enough shots to make it matter...at the worst possible time...Finley does not pass.

It's not hard to see Finley chokes when it matters most...all you have to do is watch his performances in the playoffs with the Mavs...he's a big reason they always choked.

Finley is the type of guy that will go 7-10 in a game 7...and all 3 of those misses will be in the final minute of the game...no passing...I don't care if Duncan is standing there screaming for the ball.

Dallas 103, San Antonio 91
Miracle Mavs Pull Off Stunning Victory

With nothing to lose, the Dallas Mavericks figured they would try some defense.

Using constantly changing defensive schemes and an inspirational performance from Michael Finley, the Mavericks somehow stayed alive in the Western Conference Finals with a 103-91 Game 5 victory over the stunned San Antonio Spurs.

The Spurs-Nets rhetoric will have to wait at least two more days. Dallas closed to 3-2 with the fourth road win in the series and has Game 6 on its home floor Thursday.

Perhaps Mavs All-Star forward Dirk Nowitzki will be ready by then. Nowitzki went down with a sprained left knee late in Game 3 and was expected to miss at least 10 days.

"I would say we should call him doubtful," Mavs coach Don Nelson said. "The longer the series goes, the better chance he could play."

"If you have half a brain, you realize how important a game like this is," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, whose team will be looking for its third straight Game 6 road win.

Finley, who has become somewhat obscured by the star power of Nowitzki and All-Star guard Steve Nash, scored 15 of his 31 points in the third quarter, when the Mavs began their march back from a 17-point deficit.

"That's my role on this team," Finley said. "My stats might not be as good as they were a couple years ago (but) I still feel that I'm the leader of this team. Vocally, I may not be as expressive as some leaders are, but by example I think I can lead this team and they feed off of that."

In a terrific all-around game, Finley made 9-of-14 shots and 12-of-12 free throws. He also set a tone of toughness that his fellow Mavs followed with eight rebounds and five steals, both team highs.

But the key was Nelson's defense. Hiding his team's shortcomings -- height-wise and otherwise -- Nelson used an array of zones and switching man-to-man schemes that smothered Tim Duncan and put the pressure on his teammates to makes shots. They didn't.

"We couldn't seem to stop them man-to-man, so we went to zone and looked more effective," Nelson said. "In the fourth quarter, we stayed with it instead of going back to man-to-man."

"We've zoned them in previous games, but not as successfully," Finley said. "We weren't aggressive enough and seemed to relax a little. You can't do that against the league MVP. Tonight, we were more aggressive in our traps and our rotation."

The Spurs scored just one basket -- a dunk by Duncan off a great save by David Robinson -- in the first 9½ minutes of the fourth quarter. During that stretch, they watched an 81-74 advantage evaporate and become a 97-86 deficit.

"It sorta looked like we thought somebody was going to give us something," Popovich said. "That lack of maturity hurt us."

Duncan had 23 points, 15 rebounds and six assists but got very little help in the second half. The Spurs scored just 10 points in the fourth quarter.

"They dropped back into that zone," Duncan said. "You miss a couple of shots and they start to come back. You try to make it up in hurry."

"We see everything that you can see on Tim," Spurs forward Malik Rose said. "Maybe the timing and how hard they did it was a bit different. They really came at him hard in the fourth quarter and were not going to let him beat them."

Nick Van Exel scored 21 points and Nash added 14 for the Mavs, who made all 23 of their free throws and actually held a 42-38 edge on the boards, where they have been pounded all series.

"They never really put us away," Van Exel said. "They had lots of chances to put the nail in the coffin, but they never did."

In the first half, the Mavs looked as if they were holding the nail steady for the Spurs. They trailed 30-23 after one period and 44-25 early in the second quarter after the San Antonio put together a 12-0 run.

Dallas was so desperate it again began intentionally fouling Bruce Bowen, who again made them pay by sinking 4-of-6 free throws. In the series, the Mavs have hacked Bowen 10 times. The 40 percent foul shooter has made 14-of-20 free throws, while Dallas has scored on just one of the ensuing possessions.

"It's a ploy," Nelson said. "I thought he was shooting well -- even the two he missed, he shot well. It was a ploy I thought was useful at the time, because anything was better than what was happening."

But the change in tempo seemed to get the Spurs off their game. They made just one basket in the last six minutes of the first half, settling for a 58-47 lead -- which they rebuilt to 66-49 on consecutive baskets by Duncan early in the third period.

That's when Finley got going, and soon after his teammates got into the act. His 3-pointer made it 72-64 with 4:47 left, and two free throws by Eduardo Najera inched the Mavs within 78-72 with 1:12 to go.

"When their turns came, they were anxious to make something happen," Finley said. "They brought it home in the fourth quarter."

Nash made a clock-beating, running floater in the lane over Duncan and a 3-pointer in a 9-2 spurt that opened the final period and tied the game. A dunk by Najera at the 7:33 mark gave the Mavs their first lead at 85-84, and they never gave it back.

Van Exel made a runner and 3-pointer around Duncan's dunk, and Nash made another improbable shot, this time stepping back for a rainbow jumper and a 92-86 lead with 4:26 left.

Van Exel made two free throws, then dove to steal the inbounds pass and drew a foul while shooting an alleged 3-pointer. Three more from the line made it 97-86 with 2:32 to go and sent most of the SBC Center crowd of 18,797 heading for the exits.

Walt Williams had 12 points and eight boards and Najera added 11 and eight for Dallas, which shot 43 percent (36-of-83).

Stephen Jackson scored 20 points, Rose added 14 and Bowen 12 for the Spurs, who shot 44 percent (31-of-70). Tony Parker, who had been averaging nearly 23 points per game in the series, managed just seven.

"Coming into the second half, I took it upon myself defending Parker when he tries to be more aggressive," Finley said. "I wanted to pick him up full court and make him go against me more 1-on-1 and take them out of their flow."

Come now, he's had good AND bad performances in the playoffs. Did the Spurs and Manu specifically not "choke" up a 3 point lead in Game 7 last year?

Labeling guys like Kobe as "clutch" when he takes Game 7 off and Dirk and Finley "chokes" while ignoring their entire body of work is just stupid.

whottt
05-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Guys, guys, this is just an act.

As much as whottt's gonna deny it, he's just saying this shit so Finley doesn't choke, and whottt can take credit for it!

Book it.

I think Finley's a choker...

I hope he proves me wrong...

I really do...

I am not rooting for the Spurs to lose....I am not rooting for Finley to choke. I hope I'm wrong...as it is much more rewarding see your team win a championship than being able to say you were right about them not winning it...if we don't win and he chokes...you guys will neve hear the end of it in future arguments...if he does win...I'll be a happy board idiot.

Unlike Fin...I am willing to take one for the team...no pout necessary.

whottt
05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Dallas 103, San Antonio 91
Miracle Mavs Pull Off Stunning Victory

With nothing to lose, the Dallas Mavericks figured they would try some defense.

Using constantly changing defensive schemes and an inspirational performance from Michael Finley, the Mavericks somehow stayed alive in the Western Conference Finals with a 103-91 Game 5 victory over the stunned San Antonio Spurs.

The Spurs-Nets rhetoric will have to wait at least two more days. Dallas closed to 3-2 with the fourth road win in the series and has Game 6 on its home floor Thursday.

Perhaps Mavs All-Star forward Dirk Nowitzki will be ready by then. Nowitzki went down with a sprained left knee late in Game 3 and was expected to miss at least 10 days.

"I would say we should call him doubtful," Mavs coach Don Nelson said. "The longer the series goes, the better chance he could play."

"If you have half a brain, you realize how important a game like this is," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, whose team will be looking for its third straight Game 6 road win.

Finley, who has become somewhat obscured by the star power of Nowitzki and All-Star guard Steve Nash, scored 15 of his 31 points in the third quarter, when the Mavs began their march back from a 17-point deficit.

"That's my role on this team," Finley said. "My stats might not be as good as they were a couple years ago (but) I still feel that I'm the leader of this team. Vocally, I may not be as expressive as some leaders are, but by example I think I can lead this team and they feed off of that."

In a terrific all-around game, Finley made 9-of-14 shots and 12-of-12 free throws. He also set a tone of toughness that his fellow Mavs followed with eight rebounds and five steals, both team highs.

But the key was Nelson's defense. Hiding his team's shortcomings -- height-wise and otherwise -- Nelson used an array of zones and switching man-to-man schemes that smothered Tim Duncan and put the pressure on his teammates to makes shots. They didn't.

"We couldn't seem to stop them man-to-man, so we went to zone and looked more effective," Nelson said. "In the fourth quarter, we stayed with it instead of going back to man-to-man."

"We've zoned them in previous games, but not as successfully," Finley said. "We weren't aggressive enough and seemed to relax a little. You can't do that against the league MVP. Tonight, we were more aggressive in our traps and our rotation."

The Spurs scored just one basket -- a dunk by Duncan off a great save by David Robinson -- in the first 9½ minutes of the fourth quarter. During that stretch, they watched an 81-74 advantage evaporate and become a 97-86 deficit.

"It sorta looked like we thought somebody was going to give us something," Popovich said. "That lack of maturity hurt us."

Duncan had 23 points, 15 rebounds and six assists but got very little help in the second half. The Spurs scored just 10 points in the fourth quarter.

"They dropped back into that zone," Duncan said. "You miss a couple of shots and they start to come back. You try to make it up in hurry."

"We see everything that you can see on Tim," Spurs forward Malik Rose said. "Maybe the timing and how hard they did it was a bit different. They really came at him hard in the fourth quarter and were not going to let him beat them."

Nick Van Exel scored 21 points and Nash added 14 for the Mavs, who made all 23 of their free throws and actually held a 42-38 edge on the boards, where they have been pounded all series.

"They never really put us away," Van Exel said. "They had lots of chances to put the nail in the coffin, but they never did."

In the first half, the Mavs looked as if they were holding the nail steady for the Spurs. They trailed 30-23 after one period and 44-25 early in the second quarter after the San Antonio put together a 12-0 run.

Dallas was so desperate it again began intentionally fouling Bruce Bowen, who again made them pay by sinking 4-of-6 free throws. In the series, the Mavs have hacked Bowen 10 times. The 40 percent foul shooter has made 14-of-20 free throws, while Dallas has scored on just one of the ensuing possessions.

"It's a ploy," Nelson said. "I thought he was shooting well -- even the two he missed, he shot well. It was a ploy I thought was useful at the time, because anything was better than what was happening."

But the change in tempo seemed to get the Spurs off their game. They made just one basket in the last six minutes of the first half, settling for a 58-47 lead -- which they rebuilt to 66-49 on consecutive baskets by Duncan early in the third period.

That's when Finley got going, and soon after his teammates got into the act. His 3-pointer made it 72-64 with 4:47 left, and two free throws by Eduardo Najera inched the Mavs within 78-72 with 1:12 to go.

"When their turns came, they were anxious to make something happen," Finley said. "They brought it home in the fourth quarter."

Nash made a clock-beating, running floater in the lane over Duncan and a 3-pointer in a 9-2 spurt that opened the final period and tied the game. A dunk by Najera at the 7:33 mark gave the Mavs their first lead at 85-84, and they never gave it back.

Van Exel made a runner and 3-pointer around Duncan's dunk, and Nash made another improbable shot, this time stepping back for a rainbow jumper and a 92-86 lead with 4:26 left.

Van Exel made two free throws, then dove to steal the inbounds pass and drew a foul while shooting an alleged 3-pointer. Three more from the line made it 97-86 with 2:32 to go and sent most of the SBC Center crowd of 18,797 heading for the exits.

Walt Williams had 12 points and eight boards and Najera added 11 and eight for Dallas, which shot 43 percent (36-of-83).

Stephen Jackson scored 20 points, Rose added 14 and Bowen 12 for the Spurs, who shot 44 percent (31-of-70). Tony Parker, who had been averaging nearly 23 points per game in the series, managed just seven.

"Coming into the second half, I took it upon myself defending Parker when he tries to be more aggressive," Finley said. "I wanted to pick him up full court and make him go against me more 1-on-1 and take them out of their flow."

Come now, he's had good AND bad performances in the playoffs. Did the Spurs and Manu specifically not "choke" up a 3 point lead in Game 7 last year?

Labeling guys like Kobe as "clutch" when he takes Game 7 off and Dirk and Finley "chokes" while ignoring their entire body of work is just stupid.

Eat a dick findog...

BRB...I just printed up some copies of this av and have some business to go conduct. :smokin

Kamnik
05-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Whottt, now you're just being a bitch.
agreed

annoying to him wish for Finley to choke

i mean wtf

Findog
05-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Eat a dick findog...

I have to say I'm not terribly familiar with what exactly you're trying to articulate. Do you take any medicine to control your Tourette's verbal tics?

GrandeDavid
05-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Hedo was a class guy...didn't get him any slack.
Ditto Smitty

Were you even reading the forum earlier in the season when Finley was sucking, like, last month? Half these guys I am arguing with now were ripping him worse than I am.

You will see my username perhaps a dozen times here or on any sports forum from around June - March. I'm just too busy most of the time.

I do, however, make time and enjoy posting in sports forums during such moments as the playoffs, and this site is a blast. So I wasn't around earlier in the season when guys were ripping Finley, so I'm not really interested in what others were saying. I'm merely responding to your comments.
And no, its not surprising that there are some seriously hot/cold fans who take out their life frustrations on their sports figures. The what have you done for me lately affair.

In any event, Finley is much more of a contributor to this team than Hedon't ever was. That guy was the ultimate piece of nothing during that 04 Lakers series.

I'm not saying Finley the freaking second coming, I just think he's a fantastic guy and has contributed to this championship run. I'd like to see him win a ring.

jaespur21
05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Finley was huge in the postseason last year for us....he s tepped up his game. I got your back finley.....every spurs' back......... except for mayb beno who has yet to show me he has any heart

whottt ur a freakin trip dog......how can u hate on the man. he plays tough everynight and even if he chokes chucker whatever u wanna call it. we still will win. book it

fuckespn
05-31-2007, 05:36 PM
whott is a fucking faggot

leemajors
05-31-2007, 05:56 PM
I have to say I'm not terribly familiar with what exactly you're trying to articulate. Do you take any medicine to control your Tourette's verbal tics?

open mouth, insert penis.

whottt
05-31-2007, 06:06 PM
You will see my username perhaps a dozen times here or on any sports forum from around June - March. I'm just too busy most of the time.

I do, however, make time and enjoy posting in sports forums during such moments as the playoffs, and this site is a blast. So I wasn't around earlier in the season when guys were ripping Finley, so I'm not really interested in what others were saying. I'm merely responding to your comments.
And no, its not surprising that there are some seriously hot/cold fans who take out their life frustrations on their sports figures. The what have you done for me lately affair.

In any event, Finley is much more of a contributor to this team than Hedon't ever was. That guy was the ultimate piece of nothing during that 04 Lakers series.

I'm not saying Finley the freaking second coming, I just think he's a fantastic guy and has contributed to this championship run. I'd like to see him win a ring.

LMAO Grande Dave... I know who you are man, you've only been here, as long as I have or so..and at SC. I've actually looked into opening an import export business because of some of your posts...Brazil, Europe, my kind of life... :tu

That said...Finley is a fucking Mav to me...that is a taint that does not come off easily...

I don't like what he did to the Mavs.

I was never impressed with him as a post season performer(especially against the Spurs)...

I do think he chokes...

He melted down as bad as Ray Allen and Vince Carter over Bruce...bad mouthed him...Bruce is my guy, fuck Fin.

And I don't think he's a team player...I think he does good job of convincing people he is...but IMO, he isn't. He's a selfish player...and his game proves this to me...not a bad thing in and of itself Jordan was too...difference is that Jordan was money when it mattered.

This is a guy that has to prove he is a Spur to me...and he has yet to do that.

And the only thing I see Finley doing consistently hard...is jacking up shots and not passing the ball. It's great when he's hot...it'll put us down by 10 in the blink of an eye when he isn't...

And he's probably the last guy on this team I want to see taking a game winning shot...

And it's not just that he takes minutes from Barry...

He takes them from Horry. There is absolutely no contest between the two as to which is more of a championship player. And Finley has played with talent, MVP talent...he takes their shots.

whottt
05-31-2007, 06:16 PM

No...and I've had it since your mom refused to abort you. Stress...

whottt
05-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Finley was huge in the postseason last year for us....he s tepped up his game. I got your back finley.....every spurs' back......... except for mayb beno who has yet to show me he has any heart

whottt ur a freakin trip dog......how can u hate on the man. he plays tough everynight and even if he chokes chucker whatever u wanna call it. we still will win. book it

I am shitting a gold brick that the Cavs are going to beat the Pistons and we are going to wind up with Finley taking minutes from Horry and Barry in that godforsaken small ball lineup.

We won't beat them if that happens...we'll lose.

Edit: Unless he makes me eat my words...like Barry made all of his haters eat theirs.

timvp
05-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't like what he did to the Mavs.

Then why the hell do you deny being a Mav fan? Just come clean. You are a Dallas Cowboys and Rangers fan. You grew up in Dallas and loved the Harper/Blackman backcourt. You can't just change to being a Spurs fan because they started winning championships.

And regarding Devin Brown, do you want me to bump the thread where you advocated starting Devin Brown?

whottt
05-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Then why the hell do you deny being a Mav fan? Just come clean. You are a Dallas Cowboys and Rangers fan. You grew up in Dallas and loved the Harper/Blackman backcourt. You can't just change to being a Spurs fan because they started winning championships.

LMAO...I didn't grow up in Dallas. I was born there...just like the Spurs.

That's silliest thing I have ever heard...

Ok...will you feel better if I root for San Antonio's football and baseball teams?

And regarding Devin Brown, do you want me to bump the thread where you advocated starting Devin Brown?

Sure...since it was well before I started ripping him...when he needed PT to improve...

My advice would be to bump the thread where I bitched about us not resigning him since it was going to leave us old...

I like Devin better than Finley....

whottt
05-31-2007, 06:28 PM

Oh and furthermore...

It's highly hypocritical to cheer what he did to the Mavs knowing full well his guts would be hated worse than Rodman if he did that to the Spurs.

It's a bitch move...

At least Karl Malone went to a team that wasn't a defending champ...

Leetonidas
05-31-2007, 06:37 PM
God dammit whottt, shut the fuck up already.

timvp
05-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Finley and Barry both took less money to come to the Spurs. They both came to the Spurs because the Spurs have the habit of winning championships.

Horry signed with the Spurs in an even "worse" circumstance. He was on the Lakers in 2003 and missed the wide open shot against the Spurs. The Spurs go on to win the championship. Horry leaves the Lakers to sign with the Spurs after the season is over.

I don't see you whining about that. You think Horry signed here without knowing the Spurs were going to be good for a while. And then the next year, Horry choked hardcore against the Lakers in 2004. If he would have played 5% as well as he played in 2005, the Spurs would be aiming for their fifth championship.

Finley didn't choke against the Mavs last year. He was one of the Spurs better players. Horry choked badly against the Lakers in 2004 ... while stealing minutes from Malik Rose who was such a noted Lakers killer that Phil Jackson made signing him the Lakers number one priority one season.

But uh yeah, we don't see whottt mentioning any of this. Or that Oberto also signed with the Spurs after a championship.

I'll await your reply to this ownage but I can't promise a rebuttal. It gets sad owning a former Mav fan over and over.

whottt
05-31-2007, 06:38 PM
God dammit whottt, shut the fuck up already.

Ignore is your friend...you'll be stupider...but they do say ignorance is bliss.

GrandeDavid
05-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok...will you feel better if I root for San Antonio's football and baseball teams?

Nah, just the Astros and Texans.

T Park
05-31-2007, 06:48 PM
You hate FInley for signing with the Spurs.

Thats some of the stupidest and most backwards logic I've EVER heard...

whottt
05-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Finley and Barry both took less money to come to the Spurs. They both came to the Spurs because the Spurs have the habit of winning championships.

Barry didn't do it after a title.

Horry signed with the Spurs in an even "worse" circumstance. He was on the Lakers in 2003 and missed the wide open shot against the Spurs. The Spurs go on to win the championship. Horry leaves the Lakers to sign with the Spurs after the season is over.

It doesn't matter because he's Horry...you can call Horry a bitch all you want...it's still better to have him on your team than on the team you are playing.

I don't see you whining about that.

It does no good to whine about Horry...he doesn't give a shit....and he'll drain a three and steal yoru ring.

It does no good to hate Horry...he still doesn't give a shit, he'll still drain a three and teal your ring.

Horry leaves you no choice but to be a fan....and he'll still drain a 3 and steal your ring.

You think Horry signed here without knowing the Spurs were going to be good for a while.

Horry didn't have to prove he can contribute to championship team..

He wasn't getting paid 15 million by the Lakers...

And then the next year, Horry choked hardcore against the Lakers in 2004. If he would have played 5% as well as he played in 2005, the Spurs would be aiming for their fifth championship.

Horry didn't choke...Phil Jackson had an edict that Horry wasn't going to beat them...and it shows he cared.

Playing well against your former team is probably more of an indication that you are a choker.

Sin,

Smitty.

Finley didn't choke against the Mavs last year. He was one of the Spurs better players.

Oh yes he did...at the end of game 7.

Horry choked badly against the Lakers in 2004 ... while stealing minutes from Malik Rose who was such a noted Lakers killer that Phil Jackson made signing him the Lakers number one priority one season.

Do you seriously think Phil Jackson was stupid enough to not defend Horry?

But uh yeah, we don't see whottt mentioning any of this. Or that Oberto also signed with the Spurs after a championship.

Oberto didn't go to his chief rival while still being paid 15 million...Oberto came to play in the NBA...from Europe...it's totally different.

Now if Oberto plays for Team USA in the next Olympics...we'll talk.

And since Pop's rationing of minutes = choking in yoru book...I guess Oberto was the biggest choker against the Mavs last season.

Kumbaya my AJ, Kumbaya

Who are you rooting for in the finals last season?

GrandeDavid
05-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Whottt, I replied to your PM about import/export. Hope I can be of assistance, always my pleasure to help people.

whottt
05-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks man...

You need a hook up for some Findog jersies in Brazil? I'm your man :smokin

GrandeDavid
05-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks man...

You need a hook up for some Findog jersies in Brazil? I'm your man :smokin

You can leave me one at the Game 3 GTG at Kori and L.J.'s. I'll be in San Antonio then, and I'm gonna try to make that GTG.

And make it a retro! :fro

timvp
05-31-2007, 06:55 PM
It's amazing whottt is so hung up on how much Mark Cuban is paying Finley. Does he not realize Barry makes twice as much money from the Spurs than Finley?

Barry make more money than Bowen and Horry combined.

In fact, Barry is the highest paid Spur outside of the big three.

But instead of bringing any of this up, he's sad that Cuban has to pay Finley.

T Park
05-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Brent Barry is the most overpaid Spur of all time.

timvp
05-31-2007, 06:59 PM
And yes, Horry choked his ass off against the Lakers in 2004. Just because he's Horry doesn't mean he can't choke.

Zero points in 27 minutes in the .4 game in 0-4 shooting = choking
1-10 in the first five games of the series = choking
1-5 on threes in Game 6 = choking

Everybody has choked before. Horry choked in that series and if you asked him he'd tell you.

Chances whottt would admit the choke job?

0%

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:09 PM
ass

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where the hell is that siren gif when you need it?

Edit: Seriously...I've been waiting like 4 years for this...every since the HardAzz Squad.

Welcome to Spurs Talk TimVP :tu

timvp
05-31-2007, 07:20 PM
That's the response you came up with?

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Gimme a sec to get over the shock...

Pulling out the profanity card...nice.

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:24 PM
It just depends on your definition of choking...

I've seen Horry choke by my definition, based on his game...1 time in his entire career...and that was against us in game 5...he was hurt, and it was the best shot he took in that series...it went in the basket and came back out again.

In 04 I don't see how you can say Horry choked...just like I don't see how you can say he choked last year....

What's the dream? Hitting the one shot, that swings the series...wins or lose.

Horry is unparalelled in that area...I've seen him miss one shot he was set up to make in that situation, in his entire career.

I think it's absolutely ludicrous to even put Horry and Finley in the same sentence concerning clutchness...or choking.

If we'd have Finley in 05 game 5...I don't think Horry would have been on the court to do what he did...I think that was the difference last year.

And I think Finley wronged the Mavs...even though I hate the Mavs.

Kori Ellis
05-31-2007, 07:25 PM
I have one question and one question only in this thread.

Who did Finley bang, Whottt's woman or Whottt's sister?

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Who did Finley bang, Whottt's woman or Whottt's sister?

My basketball team...in the final minutes of game 7.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 07:32 PM
And I think Finley wronged the MavsThe most openly spendthrift owner in the NBA fired him over money, and Finley wronged them?

T Park
05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
chances that whottt ever owns up to being wrong about Brent Barry and Michael Finley?

0%

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:34 PM
The most openly spendthrift owner in the NBA fired him over money, and Finley wronged them?

Finley was already a malcontent, he was looking at being put behind Stackhouse...and he was making noises about not being willing to do that.

Bash Cuban all you want...he's got his share of enemies...

I have no problem with Finley wanting to settle a grudge(and I'm thankful Don Nelson had one too)..

I just think it's weak to go to your top rival, defending champion to prove your point...especially when you are getting paid a fortune by them to do nothing And the move blew up in his face too...

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:37 PM
chances that whottt ever owns up to being wrong about Brent Barry and Michael Finley?

0%

Why should I? When not a single person has ever admitted they got owned on Devin VS Barry in 05?

And I took the same lame BS that entire season that I am getting in this thread.

Finley doesn't deserve the credit he is getting from Spursfans...yet.

The Mavs dumped Finley and made it to the finals that season...think about that for a second.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 07:39 PM
I just think it's weak to go to your top rival, defending champion to prove your point.So he should have precluded the Spurs out of hand, even if it was everything he ever wanted in a team, because whottt would think it unseemly?

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM
The Mavs dumped Finley and made it to the finals that season...think about that for a second.And we are starting Finley and made it to the Finals this season...think about that for a second.

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM
And we are starting Finley and made it to the Finals this season...think about that for a second.

I do...and I think we should send Don Nelson a ring.

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:42 PM
So he should have precluded the Spurs out of hand, even if it was everything he ever wanted in a team, because whottt would think it unseemly?

It wasn't where he wanted to go, he openly despised Bruce Bowen...he thought there would be no way the defending champs could lose adding him...we did. And he was part of the reason. Not Barry...not Horry, they weren't on the court except in spot minutes.

My guess is Phoenix would have been his first choice...his old team, his best friend...

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 07:44 PM
It wasn't where he wanted to goLink.
My guess

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Link.

It's in the same thread where you didn't think Manu had a problem coming off the bench in 04...and I knew he did.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 07:55 PM
must...change...subject....

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:55 PM
He came here for two reasons...to eff the Mavs and nutride a defending champion ring.

whottt
05-31-2007, 07:56 PM
You just don't have common sense...

Was he some great friend of the Spurs? No he wasn't...

He called Bruce dirty..acted like a bitch.

It's a small market, vet min...

Col. Chopped&Screwed
05-31-2007, 07:57 PM
He came here for two reasons...to eff the Mavs and nutride a defending champion ring.

Hey hey bi bitch

get getin off off

Fin Fin's Nut nuts.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 07:58 PM
must...make...this...personal...only...way...to... survive....

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:00 PM
How in the hell can I make it personal when I've never even met you and don't know anything about you?

It's not like I am bashing your head injury or anything....

picnroll
05-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Why did Barry come, taking less money than he was offered elsewhere?

Col. Chopped&Screwed
05-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Man Man whot whott is
on ona streak streak.

F F fow show my nigguh.

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Why did Barry come, taking less money than he was offered elsewhere?

To win a ring...

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:03 PM
How in the hell can I make it personal when I've never even met you and don't know anything about you? Why not guess and pretend you do know like you've done with Finley?

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Why not guess and pretend you do know like you've done with Finley?

Why? I don't come here to make personal attacks...I come here to educate and share my vast wealth of basketball insight...even if it means blasting stupidfucks when they deserve it(in the purely basketball or political sense).

I'll leave the personal attacks to you when you are getting owned...

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't come here to make personal attacks.:lmao :lmao :lmao

That's the funniest post you've ever made!

:tu

ducks
05-31-2007, 08:15 PM
ducks>whott

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:22 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

That's the funniest post you've ever made!

:tu

Name one personal attack I've ever made on someone on this forum where I wasn't attacked personally first...

It hasn't happened. I consider that the ultimate weakness.

It's not like I'd refuse to buy a house from a mentally handicapped person or anything...yannow? Yeah...I think you do.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks, whottt. I needed a good laugh.

"not here to make personal attacks"........:lol

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
I can't.

I know...

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks, whottt. I needed a good laugh.

"not here to make personal attacks"........:lol

Example?

It shouldn't be that hard...

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Example?

It shouldn't be that hard...Call it a feeling.

Like you with Finley.

You'd have to completely lack common sense not to come to the conclusion that you are here in no small part to make personal attacks.

Who needs evidence?

You don't.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Good plan to change the subject to you though.

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Good plan to make the thread about you though.

LMAO that was done like 5 pages ago.

See? You are a dense bitch...don't take it personally.

WTF do you care? It's a week to the finals.

Way to Chumpyourself out of claims you can't back btw...

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:29 PM
LMAO that was done like 5 pages ago.

WTF do you care? It's a week to the finals.

Way to Chumpyourself out of claims you can't back btw...What claim?

I laughed at your comment. Then you told me to disprove a claim YOU made about yourself.

That's even funnier!

Col. Chopped&Screwed
05-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Call it a feeling.

Like you with Finley.

You'd have to completely lack common sense not to come to the conclusion that you are here in no small part to make personal attacks.

Who needs evidence?

You don't.

Chump you look so fake won't you back that ass up.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Chump you look so fake won't you back that ass up.You look like gtown making the worst troll attempt in history since your last one.

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Dude, a personal attack is when people get on someone about their weight, shit like that...I've never done it(when it wasn't done to me first).

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Dude, laughing at you <> making a claim.

You seem very sensitve these days. That's just an observation

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Sidenote...

gtown...it's cool that you are starting to get into trolling...but seriously, you suck ass at it. Practice it some...No Limit Butt Pirate was a funny name...but that's about all you've done so far.

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Dude, laughing at you <> making a claim.

You seem very sensitve these days. That's just an observation

I'm not sensitive...you're just fucked in the head.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:40 PM
:lol

Perhaps you would've understood "thin-skinned" better.

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:42 PM

Go ahead give me the link...I remember that thread. Maybe you're right.

Col. Chopped&Screwed
05-31-2007, 08:45 PM

But i know you understand thick skinned.

Cuz cuz you you

like like chick chicken skin.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Go ahead give me the link...I remember that thread. Maybe you're right.
:lol I'm not even talking about that, but thanks for reminding me. I would give you a pass on that one given the history.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Seriously gtown, this isn't anywhere near funny.

If whottt and I agree on anything, there can't be much of an argument against it.

Col. Chopped&Screwed
05-31-2007, 08:52 PM
Seriously gtown, this isn't anywhere near funny.

If whottt and I agree on anything, there can't be much of an argument against it.

WHat what you you
bitch bitches crying.

I i don't don't give a
damn and i aint lyin.

whottt
05-31-2007, 08:52 PM
No shit...

It's bad.

Col. Chopped&Screwed
05-31-2007, 08:57 PM
No No Shit shit...

It's ba bad.

sabar
05-31-2007, 09:33 PM
ducks>whott:tu:duck

Findog
06-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Oh and furthermore...

It's highly hypocritical to cheer what he did to the Mavs knowing full well his guts would be hated worse than Rodman if he did that to the Spurs.

It's a bitch move...

At least Karl Malone went to a team that wasn't a defending champ...

What exactly did he "do" to the Mavs? He was discarded for purely financial reasons. Where did you think he was going to sign, Charlotte or Atlanta? He wanted to win a ring and San Antonio was a good bet to do so. Looks like his calculation was correct. I don't see him signing with the Spurs as an act of spite, and even if it was, what loyalty did he owe Dallas after getting cut?