PDA

View Full Version : Owning Up To The AJ Bet

whottt
12-01-2004, 01:38 AM
Meanwhile TimVP, made an absolutely brutal challenge to whottt's credibility in owning up to bets, and then disappeared...

Change the title if you really feel you won that bet. It just means Mr.Spur snubbed the Spurs...to retire in the jersey of our enemy.

I'd much rather have my title changed then to have my owning up wrongly challenged. And I never picked the Raffy title anyway.

I went and looked at that thread and you said you didn't change it because you felt sorry for me...so you see, I didn't stop you from doing it...and why in heck would you feel sorry for me anyway? Inferior I could understand, but sorry? Sorry for AJ hater numero uno? Suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Solid D
12-01-2004, 01:40 AM
Bench = Horryyy

timvp
12-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Meanwhile TimVP, made an absolutely brutal challenge to whottt's credibility in owning up to bets, and then disappeared...

Change the title if you really feel you won that bet. It just means Mr.Spur snubbed the Spurs...to retire in the jersey of our enemy.

I'd much rather have my title changed then to have my owning up wrongly challenged. And I never picked the Raffy title anyway.

I went and looked at that thread and you said you didn't change it because you felt sorry for me...so you see, I didn't stop you from doing it...and why in heck would you feel sorry for me anyway? Inferior I could understand, but sorry? Sorry for AJ hater numero uno? Suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You've never admitted to losing the bet. If I lost the best, I'd at least admit it.

You said the Spurs would never ask him back because Tim Duncan hated him ... among other reasons. As has been noted several times in different media outlets, Pop asked AJ to come back as the Spurs' third point guard and to retire as a Spur. But after talking it over, they agreed that being an assistant coach on the Mavs would put him in line for a coaching gig faster.

If you want to admit defeat, I'll go ahead and change your title. If you want to keep circling around and trying to nit pick your way out of it, I'll let it stand so people can see not to bet with you.

Ball is in your court.

timvp
12-01-2004, 02:20 AM
Verdict?

timvp
12-01-2004, 04:11 AM
whottt
Raffy For Prez
Last Activity: Today 02:32 AM
Viewing Thread Owning Up To The AJ Bet @ 02:32 AM

Cat got your tongue?

whottt
12-01-2004, 05:38 AM
Nitpickng? If you recall, at one point you guys had me losing this bet on an article that turned out to be untrue, remember? I do, it spawned the "whottt's this" thread. As your wife said later on...well it turns out Pop hasn't talked to AJ yet..but he will on monday. You also tried to put my neck in the noose over AJ showing up to some playoff games.

Call me funny but I've never gotten the impression that you and wifey had the same commitment to look out for the best interests of my title as I do...

I mean it's like, because Pop is friends with AJ and because Duncan doesn't go around telling the SA media he hates AJ you want me to admit I was wrong
Where's the contract offer? That was the condition of the bet.

Do you really expect Duncan to trash AJ in the SA media? That would be like you going to Kori's family reunion and trashing your mother in law.

All I ever asked for was a contract offer to prove there was a serious attempt.

Isn't that a standard protocol for teams that are interested in people? Am I really being that unreasonable? I don't know, I always assumed it was SOP for teams to offer contracts when they were seriously interested, that was why I made that the condition of the bet...I could be wrong on that.

whottt
12-01-2004, 05:38 AM
Look, I am nothing if not class, integrity, honesty, and dignity personified, and have no desire to have bad blood with someone who can ban me or not give me the mod chat powers to punish Icemancometh and MB mercilessly at my whim...as I have been saying for 6 months now...if you really believe the Spurs 100% were commited to bringing AJ back...then go ahead and change my title...I don't have the ability to do it myself.

You are the insider, not me. I don't know the answer...I am just going on my gut instinct...which like me, is seldom wrong. How the hell am I supposed to get the info to prove my point? I was always reliant on you Ellis' or Ludden...

Just don't expect me to jump for joy at putting the noose around my neck when I have yet to see that the Spurs offered him a contract, I have yet to hear you or your wife say that, it's almost like you want me to say it for you...I have yet to see anything that couldn't be explained by Duncan being media saavy and Pop doing a balancing act between a friend and his superstar.

I just hope you are able to separate your journalistic integrity from your rabid AJ homerism as you make this decision. I am trusting you to be 100% objective on this , inspite of your tendency to use spelling smack...:)

And BTW, I am trusting you to not grind an axe and hold me responsible for the rampant anti AJ jersey sentiment on this board...I get the feeling you hold me partially responsible and would like to punch me in the nose. Still, I trust. So do your worst.

Trust!

timvp
12-01-2004, 05:46 AM
:rollin

You're a freak. I'll deal with you in the morning.

Goodnight.