PDA

View Full Version : Why the Spurs beat the Jazz (From a Jazz fan)

FireSternin2007
05-31-2007, 11:17 AM
1. Spurs are the better team

2. Spurs are the better team

3. Fabricio Oberto- without him, I bet this series is still going on.

4. Bruce Bowen's baseline 3s- I can remember every one of them and they always came at the right time for SA. The Jazz would get so close to getting over the hump when Bowen would hit those shots and keep it out of reach.

5. Popavich- He always seemed to know the perfect time for a time out. He would call it before a Jazz run seemed to be coming, not after or during like most coaches.

6. TD and TP- While they always play great, they weren't as deadly as I thought they would be. We dealt with the same types of numbers from T-Mac and Yao and Davis and Jackson. The role players were the main reason the Jazz could not compete.

Just my 2 cents. Nice job and good luck in the finals!

ambchang
05-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the classy congrats.
The Jazz did well for such a young team. Once Boozer learns to play defense, and the team get some decent outside shooting from the bench, the Jazz will be scary.
I really like Millsap and Araujo (can't believe I am saying that, and of course DWill and Boozer).

dknights411
05-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I agree with points 1 and 2! :tu

BTW, good luck next year!

romain.star
05-31-2007, 11:24 AM
thanx dude
congrats for your jazz's postseason
see you next year for a Spurs in 6 serie !

DarrinS
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
I think the Jazz are 1 good player away from possibly going to the finals. If they could package Okur and AK for that one player, they'd have a solid trio on their hands. Williams and Boozer are great players. I think Milsap has a bright future.

Mr. Body
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Love your team, man. D-Will and Boozer will be great for years to come.

Pick up a starting SG. Fisher off the bench can be devastating, but not as a starter. With the late first you have, there might be some good players to look at. How is CJ Miles coming along?

Kevin Blackistone
05-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Jazz need shooting. Williams is the best 3 point shooter on the team, and that's not good.

FireSternin2007
05-31-2007, 11:30 AM
How is CJ Miles coming along?

He seemed capable at first, but Sloan is not playing him for some reason. i actually think Ronnie Brewer has a brighter future than CJ. Utah now has a D-league team (I'll at least have some basketball to watch for the summer) and I think CJ needs to play there for a year. As far as getting a 2 gaurd that can score and defend? That will be tough. AK isn't going anywhere. Who wants a max player that is a total head case? Okur could be traded, but I still think we can use him, he just needs to light a fire in his belly. I wish we could get Ray Allen. With Allen, if he could give us a few more years, we'd get to the finals.

DarrinS
05-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Get Kobe

(just kidding)

FireSternin2007
05-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Get Kobe

(just kidding)

SI has this trade calculator to show you what trades are possible. In order to get Kobe, Utah has to give up D-Will, Millsap, Giracek, Brewer, Harpring, and Collins. With Kobe the Jazz would never get past the first round.

SpursIndonesia
05-31-2007, 11:39 AM
I think the Jazz are 1 good player away from possibly going to the finals. If they could package Okur and AK for that one player, they'd have a solid trio on their hands. Williams and Boozer are great players. I think Milsap has a bright future.

Humm, how about Richard Jefferson + salary filler (do the Nets have bad contracts ?) for either Okur/Kirilenko + 1st # pick ? Is it fair for both parties ? I can see Jefferson help them A LOT -and that team would be fun to watch.

Kevin Blackistone
05-31-2007, 11:41 AM
THat's what NJ wants - Kirilenko or Okur to add to their already existing PO disappearing act Vince Carter.

FireSternin2007
05-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Humm, how about Richard Jefferson + salary filler (do the Nets have bad contracts ?) for either Okur/Kirilenko + 1st # pick ? Is it fair for both parties ? I can see Jefferson help them A LOT -and that team would be fun to watch.

I see Jefferson as more of a 3. He would help, no doubt. But I think the Jazz need to get a 2 that can defend. Plus, AK is not going anywhere. Who would want to pick up his max contract after the way he is playing?

DarrinS
05-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure if the Jazz need a better big man or another wing man that can create his own shot.

raspsa
05-31-2007, 11:46 AM
The Spurs were simply more focused on what they wanted to achieve; they had a game plan w/c they executed to perfection while the Jazz seemed to be winging it. This could probably be partly attributed to Williams' injury but how about all the other Jazz players who were healthy.. no one really showed up to play (well, maybe Harpring did).

I think Williams proved he is the jazz leader.. Boozer is a good player but Williams was the only Jazz who consistently exhibited the toughness and competitive spirit that Sloan wanted from his team. Boozer was a non-factor in game5 despite being healthy. I hope for the Jazz' sake D. Williams becomes more assertive though this will be a challenge for one so young. He has to make the Jazz his team. I wish the jazz luck.

SAGambler
05-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Jazz had a good run, and looks to have many more in the future.

On Okur.....So much was made of how well he defended Duncan, it makes you wonder if maybe he had to work so hard on the end, he just didn't have enough to be an offensive threat too. That's no small task, defending Duncan.

FireSternin2007
05-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Jazz had a good run, and looks to have many more in the future.

On Okur.....So much was made of how well he defended Duncan, it makes you wonder if maybe he had to work so hard on the end, he just didn't have enough to be an offensive threat too. That's no small task, defending Duncan.

Maybe so, but as a professional and all-star, he needs to learn to do both. We need his scoring just as much as we need his defense.

smeagol
05-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Carlos' offense is amazing. The guy cannot miss from 15-18 ft. On the other hand, his D . . . well a little shaky to say the least. Yes he had that awesome, game-changing block on TD in the 3Q of game 4, but not much else (Oberto toyed with him).