14. Bruce Bowen
15. Malik Rose
16. Terry Cummings
17. Billy Paultz
18. Dennis Rodman
19. Robert Horry
20. Mark Olberding
so on....................

Since the MySA has disclosed its Top 30 NBA spurs ever earlier this season, would you make any significant change?

SAtown
05-31-2007, 12:14 PM
TC > Rodman > Horry????????? :lmao

Findog
05-31-2007, 12:15 PM
This list is bogus. Where is Jon Sundvold and Zarko Paspalj?

On a serious note, how does Rodman make the list? He was nothing but a cancer when he was with San Antonio. I think the Spurs got more out of Cadillac Anderson than they did Rodman.

MadDog73
05-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Isn't Sean Elliot a little high?

Tony Parker should be 4th at least. He's actually become one of the more consistent scorers for SA. As seen by last night, when he's on, we win games. Period.

Bruce Bowen is too low as well, but I honestly don't know enough about the older Spurs players to re-rate.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Why did you make 2 threads on this?

CosmicCowboy
05-31-2007, 12:17 PM
It's tough between TD and DRob. Tims had a much better coach, GM, and better teams around him than DRob had in his prime. A lot of you guys just aren't old enough to remember what a beast Robinson was when he was in his 20's.

T Park
05-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Malik Rose ahead of a 20 and 10 guy in Terry Cummings?

Goodness.....

romain.star
05-31-2007, 12:21 PM
hey this is not me who made this ranking... blame mySA instead

MadDog73
05-31-2007, 12:23 PM
It's tough between TD and DRob. Tims had a much better coach, GM, and better teams around him than DRob had in his prime. A lot of you guys just aren't old enough to remember what a beast Robinson was when he was in his 20's.

Current players should get the benefit of the doubt, because they still haven't finished collecting their accolades.

When TD finally retires a Spurs, there's no doubt in my mind he will have eclipsed David as the best Spurs player of all time. We would never have won a Championship without Tim Duncan, and you can't say the same about David.

On the other hand, without David, we probably wouldn't have even been able to keep Duncan. Well, let's be honest: Without David there probably wouldn't even be a Spurs team in San Antonio! Of course, that goes for Gervin as well....

romain.star
05-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Why did you make 2 threads on this?

i thought i failed to send the first one... :bang

BreezeHillBill
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Current players should get the benefit of the doubt, because they still haven't finished collecting their accolades.

When TD finally retires a Spurs, there's no doubt in my mind he will have eclipsed David as the best Spurs player of all time. We would never have won a Championship without Tim Duncan, and you can't say the same about David.

On the other hand, without David, we probably wouldn't have even been able to keep Duncan. Well, let's be honest: Without David there probably wouldn't even be a Spurs team in San Antonio! Of course, that goes for Gervin as well....
I agree. Without Ice, there might not be a history. But after almost 30 years, 3rd place ain't bad.

NoMoneyDown
05-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Gilmore's brother used to be the handyman at an apartment complex I was at in the late 80's over in the Medical Dr./Fairhaven Dr. area. I know, what the heck's this gotta due with the topic.

Nathan Explosion
05-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Robinson was a freak in his prime. He would run with the guards, score in the block, up high, jump out of the building to dunk or block shots, and was just the prototypical center at the time.

But Duncan is the man that brought home the trophies. Even Robinson will tell you that. Duncan is the greatest Spur ever.

Marcus Bryant
05-31-2007, 01:13 PM

...as well as what absolutely horrid supporting casts he was expected to win a championship with. 1994-95 was the best group he ever had pre-TD, but still was somewhat lacking.

whottt
05-31-2007, 03:27 PM
How many current NBA teams would a backcourt of AJ and Vinny in their primes start for right now?

I am of the mind that Duncan will probably deserve the spot at the time he retires...not before. If he doesn't finish his career a Spur, he doesn't deserve to be ranked ahead of Drob. And he doesn't deserve to be ranked ahead of DRob while he is still playing anyway.

And if you are talking most talented, Drob ranks #1...Duncan can not do all the things Drob could do.

J.T.
05-31-2007, 03:29 PM
How many current NBA teams would a backcourt of AJ and Vinny in their primes start for right now?

Boston maybe.