PDA

View Full Version : Props to Finley and Elson...

T-Pain
05-31-2007, 01:59 PM
for making the right choice to joining the Spurs. Hopefully their decisions will help other badass free agents will follow suit and join the spurs and win more titles along side tony, manu, and tim. :hat

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 02:01 PM
other badass free agentsI like the guy, but did anyone else actually want Elson?

T-Pain
05-31-2007, 02:02 PM
I like the guy, but did anyone else actually want Elson?
well i kinda did, seriously...he was like the best free agent center, wasnt he?

Darkwaters
05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
well i kinda did, seriously...he was like the best free agent center, wasnt he?

Pryzbilla and Mourning were available last summer. I'd say they're both better than Elson.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
well i kinda did, seriously...he was like the best free agent center, wasnt he?Judging from the salaries doled out, no.

He does run fast though.

Marcus Bryant
05-31-2007, 02:05 PM
At this point we can hope that a Pietrus or Posey would be willing to sign up this summer for MLE $.

T-Pain
05-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Pryzbilla and Mourning were available last summer. I'd say they're both better than Elson.
o yeah thats right...i liked elson anyways simply cuz he was younger, and didnt mourning just come off a knee injury? And i never heard much out of Joel Przybilla, just only when we play against him and thats it

picnroll
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Based on Oberto's improved play of late I'm expecting Elson to be an all-star next year.

ploto
05-31-2007, 02:39 PM
for making the right choice to joining the Spurs. Hopefully their decisions will help other badass free agents will follow suit and join the spurs and win more titles along side tony, manu, and tim. :hat
Elson was a badass free agent?? He was like plan G.

The other problem with your premise is that Finley turned down Miami and they won last year. :lol

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 02:40 PM
So badass free agents are more likely to join Miami this summer?

nkdlunch
05-31-2007, 02:41 PM

The other problem with your premise is that Finley turned down Miami and they won last year. :lol

true but Rasho was plan P for Pussy

bigfan
05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
I say we keep all our centers unless something really good comes along. They are cheap and the game doesnt require a super big man anymore (other than Tim of course!)

ploto
05-31-2007, 02:45 PM
true but Rasho was plan P for Pussy
In the same vein as the OP, you would have to give props to Rasho for giving up $10M to join the Spurs to win a championship-- or to Barry for the few million he gave up as well to join the team. Elson didn't give up anything to be on the Spurs and didn't turn down a team who really wanted him to stay with them.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 02:46 PM
How many yachts can Rasho water ski behind?

Marcus Bryant
05-31-2007, 02:55 PM
I think the one key for the Spurs this summer will be if they can find someone to groom to be the primary perimeter defender. Bruce is still doing a great job, but they've put this off long enough.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 02:57 PM
I think the one key for the Spurs this summer will be if they can find someone to groom to be the primary perimeter defender.James White!

AFBlue
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Elson is trash....a third string center. The Spurs did make a great move on a Center last off-season though...I can only hope that Butler works his ass off during the summer and beats that "deer" out in the rotation.

Borosai
05-31-2007, 04:29 PM
James White!

This man speaks the truth!

GrandeDavid
05-31-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm gonna try to find out after the Finals what the real deal is with James White, how much progress he's truly making. I've heard indirectly from Pop that he's a hard worker and has improved since being with the team...but I still get leery and anxious when he takes the floor as if he's dancing on eggshells, which he sort of was during his first year. I'm still pissed (not really) at White for skipping a class during the conference tournament his senior year and having to miss a round of the Big East tournament...which Cincinnati lost. When I tell my UC fellow alumni about his work ethic and potential with the Spurs, nobody is surprised. He's pure basketball.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Everything I've seen tells me James is on schedule. We'll see if he's really on the Jack/Brown plan if he's the focus of the summer league team that they were.

thousandth
05-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Elson is trash....a third string center. The Spurs did make a great move on a Center last off-season though...I can only hope that Butler works his ass off during the summer and beats that "deer" out in the rotation.

Anybody is better than Elson. :p:

Jackie Butler>Elson.

milkyway21
05-31-2007, 09:31 PM

The other problem with your premise is that Finley turned down Miami and they won last year. :loli was thinking the same thing. He shld have won last yr. if he siigned w/ Miami :lmao

anyway, 4 Ws more Mike and...:bling

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img10204551.jpg

ArgSpursFan
06-01-2007, 07:39 AM

Man that Kid Butler,Is bigggg,but I donīt mean it the good way.He needs to losse some fucking weight.
He looks like Tractor Treilor.

exstatic
06-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Man that Kid Butler,Is bigggg,but I donīt mean it the good way.He needs to losse some fucking weight.
He looks like Tractor Treilor.
Brought to you by The History Channel....

ArgSpursFan
06-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Actually,It should be the Gourmet Network,When It comes to Butler. :toast :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

AFBlue
06-01-2007, 08:08 AM

With our sponsor Ignorance Incorporated...."the place to go, for those who don't know"

sa_butta
06-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I like the guy, but did anyone else actually want Elson?I really did not know too much about him, but at that point I was ready for a change and willing to give him a shot.

ArgSpursFan
06-01-2007, 08:13 AM
I never said I didnīt know.But it sorprises me that while every body says Heīs been lossing weight,he still looks like one of the Fat Boys.

AFBlue
06-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Args, in case you're missing the references let me spell it out...

Butler WAS fat, Butler IS NOT anymore. He may never be "skinny", but he's much closer to being in shape than he used to be.

Besides, Butler's real test for keeping his shape will be the month or so between season's end and Summer League play...if he can manage to keep in some kind of shape there will be less work to do when he reports for Summer League workouts/practices/games.

AFBlue
06-01-2007, 08:20 AM
I never said I didnīt know.But it sorprises me that while every body says Heīs been lossing weight,he still looks like one of the Fat Boys.

Butler doesn't have the body type to look like Elson or Duncan...he's naturally a wide-bodied guy. At his prime weight he's probably 260lbs and I don't see him as being far from that right now. Let Butler be what he is...which is not fat, just big.

ArgSpursFan
06-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Args, in case you're missing the references let me spell it out...

Butler WAS fat, Butler IS NOT anymore. He may never be "skinny", but he's much closer to being in shape than he used to be.

Besides, Butler's real test for keeping his shape will be the month or so between season's end and Summer League play...if he can manage to keep in some kind of shape there will be less work to do when he reports for Summer League workouts/practices/games.

Hopefully Heīll loose Another 15/20 lbs by next season,Or just grow some more muscles.

AFBlue
06-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Hopefully Heīll loose Another 15/20 lbs by next season,Or just grow some more muscles.

Hard to say he'll look like Nene next season (because dude is ripped), but I think he'll look alot more like Nene than Traylor....that is to say, he will trim more fat and start building muscle.

AFBlue
06-01-2007, 08:45 AM
And I would go further to say that a fat Butler is probably more useful for 18-20MPG than a skinny Elson. But yeah, it would be good to see an in-shape Butler.

Oh, Gee!!
06-01-2007, 08:45 AM

probably won't happen. for some reason, big-time free agents just don't like the idea of playing in S.A.