PDA

View Full Version : How many years will play the core of the team

FoxMulder
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Duncan is over 30, Manu is 29, Bowen 34, Horry, Finley, Barry, Oberto ... and the only young player with a huge projection is TPark, How many years the Spurs will be the as great as team like right now?

ducks
05-31-2007, 03:44 PM
depends if lakers offer kobe for any of the big three besides duncan

makedamnsure
05-31-2007, 03:46 PM
I really don't even want to think of the future. All I know is that we're on course for a fourth and I'm going to soak up every second of this because, ask Celtics fans, these moments don't come around all the time.

Mr. Body
05-31-2007, 03:47 PM
til the end of the decade.

dbreiden83080
05-31-2007, 03:58 PM
I really don't even want to think of the future. All I know is that we're on course for a fourth and I'm going to soak up every second of this because, ask Celtics fans, these moments don't come around all the time.

I agree worry about them getting a little younger in some key spots in the offseason, all i care about now is this title. If they win this title it really puts the Spurs and Duncan in some all time select company this is a BIG ONE!!!

Kobulingam
05-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Big Three are not that old. Duncan's game doesn't rely on athleticism. As long as he doesn't have bum ankles or plantar fascitis, he'll be dominant.

Manu still has a few good years. Parker has many good years.

That's good enough. All others can be replaced. First up is Bowen replacement.

AFBlue
05-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Tim, Tony, and Manu are under contract until 2010 (with Parker extending a year beyond that), and the rest of the players you mentioned are interchangeable pieces....none of which are signed beyond next year.

So I guess it depends on your definition of "core"....but the Big 3 are locked in for a while.

CosmicCowboy
05-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't see Tim playing more than 5 more years. I think he will want to get out before he starts to decline. He's just not one of those players that lusts for the glory.

so enjoy it while it lasts Spurs fans. It's been a great ride and theres a few more years left.

Borosai
05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
James White!

SAGambler
05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
I think the core we have now can make a good run for at least 3 - 4 more years.

How far they go will depend on the players around them and how deep a bench we manage to have.

But the FO has done an amazing job over the last 10 years. I see no reason they won't continue to do an amazing job of finding quality players to continue the run the Spurs have been on.