PDA

View Full Version : Main reason i don't want to play the Cavs

dbreiden83080
05-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Is actually not how unstoppable Lebron will be in the series. It will be the damn media kissing Lebron's ASS non-stop for however long the finals go. All we will hear is Lebron this and Lebron that, the next Jordan in his first finals. The ratings are only good because Lebron is in the finals, it will annoy the shit out of me. I think the Spurs match up fine with both teams and at least if they are playing the Pistons the media has to focus a lot on Timmy and the Spurs going for their 4th title because the Pistons do not have that almighty SUPERSTAR that the media can go nuts over and ignore Timmy and the Spurs for the entire finals.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-31-2007, 11:28 PM
This didnt deserve its own thread, but its actually in favor of the spurs if LeBron gets most of the coverage cuz we'll be in the finals yet still under the radar :smokin

Marcus Bryant
05-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Whoever it is, bring them on. Spurs fans need to stop being pussies.

ducks
05-31-2007, 11:30 PM
Ducks Is Not Afraid Of That James Fellow

ShoogarBear
05-31-2007, 11:31 PM
LeBron may be this year's D-Wade if the Cavs make it to the Finals.

I know Mav Fan is praying for it to be so.

dbreiden83080
This didnt deserve its own thread:smokin

Really wow i'll be sure to check with you next time about that pal. :dramaquee

whottt

There's a difference between being a pussy and refusing to stick your head up your ass...

Marcus Bryant
05-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Barry's more oral, huh?

ducks
05-31-2007, 11:33 PM

mav fan did not pray enough because if they did they would still be playing

dbreiden83080

He can be he is that great right now it will be a tough series and the media treating him like a GOD on top of it will just annoy the hell out of me.

word
All the Pistons had to do was start fouling LeBron in the backcourt and make him shoot freethrows. Christ, what another poor coaching performance by Flip. I'm not saying that would have made the diff, but it sure would have helped. Lebron driving the lane untouched ? I'da mugged him.

MrChug
05-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Dude, NO MATTER who we play if we lose...it'll be about how much we failed/suck.

If we win, it'll be about how what the other team did wrong rather than giving us the respect we deserve.

We've been through this 3 times already, I thought you would've recognized this is a given.

Budkin
05-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Be realistic guys... will either of these teams be able to beat us in a seven game series at the level we've been playing at? I don't think so.

Trainwreck2100
05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
I too fear the Dwade treatment for Lebron, one of the things that gives me hope is that
Miami's supporting cast>>>>>>>Cleveland's supporting cast.

Budkin
05-31-2007, 11:38 PM
I too fear the Dwade treatment for Lebron, one of the things that gives me hope is that
Miami's supporting cast>>>>>>>Cleveland's supporting cast.

Oh man, way way better, and they had Shaq... and Pat Riley coaching.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-31-2007, 11:44 PM
I think it'll be an exciting series. Jordan HAS LOST before on his inferior teams.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Can you imagine, NO ONE will be able to blame the Spurs for lack of ratings now!!! :elephant.

And we'll be TRULY THE VILLAINS. THe whole country will be rooting against us rather than indifferent!!! I say bring it on!!

Then if we win it all, they'll say, "Hey did Tim Duncan guy crack a joke in the post-win comment?" "hey that Manu guy is really good.."

We'll be vindicated if we play and BEAT Lebron and his team, which we're really equipped to do so.

Trainwreck2100
05-31-2007, 11:49 PM

I swear Brown deserved to lose for wasting that last timeout in the fourth. Dumb jackass.

BeerIsGood!
05-31-2007, 11:51 PM

D Wade wouldn't have won if the Mavs didn't let their nuts revert up inside their body in the 4th Q of game 3. Then they spent the next 3 games trying in vain to shake them out.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Definately and honestly Flip is not a good coach in my opinion. He got badly outcoached by Riley last year, no shame in that he is an all time great hall of fame coach. However Mike Brown a young up and coming coach did it to him tonight, no excuse for that considering Flips experience as a coach.

SA210
06-01-2007, 12:01 AM
It may be unpopular to say, but I think Bruce, even after trouble in the past, will contain Lebron James should we play the Cavs. He may have 1 or 2 games where Lebron gives him some trouble, and beacause of the Wade treatment James would get, but I think Bruce is too much of a competitor and knows This would be the Ultimate spotlight to show the world who the REAL DPOY really is of these past several years.

Lebron, The NBA's sweetheart, the so-called next Jordan.

The NBA Finals, It's Bruce's shot. Prove em wrong. I have faith.

Go Cavs!!

The Red Hood
06-01-2007, 12:02 AM
"The ratings are only good because Lebron is in the finals, it will annoy the shit out of me. I think the Spurs match up fine with both teams and at least if they are playing the Pistons the media has to focus a lot on Timmy and the Spurs going for their 4th title because the Pistons do not have that almighty SUPERSTAR that the media can go nuts over and ignore Timmy and the Spurs for the entire finals."

Exactly there already praising him and the series is not even over with and when the Spurs beat the Cavs if we even do face them in the finals everyone is just going to hate the Spurs even more because we crushed poor Lebrons Goals

jag
06-01-2007, 12:11 AM
There's a difference between being a pussy and refusing to stick your head up your ass...

with you apparently not :oops

whottt
06-01-2007, 12:19 AM
with you apparently not :oops

Way to contribute to the thread..Jagoff.

ATXSPUR
06-01-2007, 12:20 AM
To those saying that lebron could go wade last year on us.

Shaq and Zo > Illgaskus

dbreiden83080
06-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Exactly there already praising him and the series is not even over with and when the Spurs beat the Cavs if we even do face them in the finals everyone is just going to hate the Spurs even more because we crushed poor Lebrons Goals

I mean i know if they win at the end of the day that is all that matters but i want the Spurs to get some nice press this finals. Have people talking about how they are looking to stamp their names up there with some of the great teams ever. This is huge if they win, 4 titles in 9 years is amazing and a borderline dynasty. I really want that to be a focus in the finals not the almighty MJ apparent going for his first ring and what the Spurs are trying to do is an afterthought.

whottt
06-01-2007, 12:22 AM
To those saying that lebron could go wade last year on us.

Shaq and Zo > Illgaskus

LeBron just single handledly buttraped a team that 3 years ago won a championship...and 2 years ago took us to 7. It's not as good...but still, it was considered the best team in the East and a team that could challenge and beat us.

He destroyed them singlehandedly.

I hope it was Flip...

BeerIsGood!
06-01-2007, 12:25 AM
LeBron just single handledly buttraped a team that 3 years ago won a championship...and 2 years ago took us to 7.

That's not even close to the same team that took us to 7 or won the Championship. Those teams were mentally tough and defensively sound. Those teams didn't give up uncontested dunks due to excellent D rotation. I know the Cavs will be a tough match up and in no way a given, but don't compare these Pistons to the championship caliber ones.

The loss of Ben Wallace as the heart and toughness in the middle for that team is really showing big time. '04 and '05 Ben was a beast.

boutons_
06-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Whott's a pitiful wimp peeing in his pants.

The Pistons played like shit on both ends tonight, nowhere near where they were in June 05 or even in the season last year, and it still took James 2 OTs plus once-in-a-career performance from James to beat them.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2007, 12:30 AM
That's not even close to the same team that took us to 7 or won the Championship. Those teams were mentally tough and defensively sound. Those teams didn't give up uncontested dunks due to excellent D rotation. I know the Cavs will be a tough match up and in no way a given, but don't compare these Pistons to the championship caliber ones.

The loss of Ben Wallace as the heart and toughness in the middle for that team is really showing big time. '04 and '05 Ben was a beast.

Agreed that team that won the 04 finals gave Kobe all kinds of trouble and he is an even better offensive player than Lebron is. The team that took us to 7 was tough as nails and fought to the end. This is not the same Pistons they are a shell of what they were a few years ago.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2007, 12:43 AM
This is not the same Pistons they are a shell of what they were a few years ago.

The swagger is gone for some reason, you saw some of it when Billups nailed that 3, but they aren't playing with confidence like those years

Louie Vega
06-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Nothing surprises me anymore!

BeerIsGood!
06-01-2007, 12:47 AM
No, the league didn't swing this game for Lebron - he and the Pistons were responsible for the outcome. It could very easily be 3-2 Detroit, but the kid made a lot of tough shots and benefitted from a bad Pistons D that let him take a straight path to the basket.

timvp
06-01-2007, 12:48 AM
If LeBron had gotten a few more calls, the Cavs would be leading that series 5-0.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Must be the magnets.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
The swagger is gone for some reason, you saw some of it when Billups nailed that 3, but they aren't playing with confidence like those years

LOL dude your AVATAR is the funniest damn thing i have ever seen in my life. :lol

THE SIXTH MAN
06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
But manu uses magnets as well.

SilverPlayer
06-01-2007, 12:50 AM
I worry about it. I worry about the arrogance on this board just as much though. Neither hopefully will be a factor.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-01-2007, 01:01 AM
But manu uses magnets as well.
Manu needs to be Beast-Manu combined with that alien-costume symbiote that Spiderman had, to counter Lebron's superstar prowess.

AnkleBreaker21
06-01-2007, 01:19 AM
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

SouthernFried
06-01-2007, 06:04 AM
The Media hates basketball. They love certain basketball players. To me, watching only one guy on a team do all the scoring...is boring.

GrandeDavid
06-01-2007, 06:46 AM
I hope its the Cavs because I want maximum viewership of these Finals.

Windbush
06-01-2007, 07:09 AM
I'd rather the Spurs face Cleveland. The Pistons have more talent at the bigs that would almost negate Duncan and company. Plus Detroit's 1-2-3 haven't had big games yet too. Cleveland plays good defense, but I like the Spurs chances on a one trick pony (although a very good trick pony) like Cleveland than a team defense and offense like Detroit. Webber, Wallace, McDyess and Tayshan aren't bad at all offensively and defensively.

sa_butta
06-01-2007, 07:43 AM
wrong thread...

moved.

SAGambler
06-01-2007, 07:57 AM
"The ratings are only good because Lebron is in the finals, it will annoy the shit out of me. I think the Spurs match up fine with both teams and at least if they are playing the Pistons the media has to focus a lot on Timmy and the Spurs going for their 4th title because the Pistons do not have that almighty SUPERSTAR that the media can go nuts over and ignore Timmy and the Spurs for the entire finals."

LOL...I thought Lebrons goal was to be the richest man on the planet. I don't think winning an NBA Championship will reach that goal.

But really, watching both Cleveland and Detroit struggle to score, I have to wonder if either will give the Spurs big problems. Sure Lebron put up some big numbers last night, but a lot of those were "throw it up and pray" type shots. And besides the Spurs will wear their asses down trying to play some sort of defense to stop our Big 3.

BTW...I thought Detroit got screwed on that bailout call on Lebron that sent him to the line and allowed the Cavs to go into overtime. On replay it certainly looked like he was out of control and no one laid a finger on him, yet he got 2 freebies.

41times
06-01-2007, 08:10 AM
This is exactly what i was saying in some of the other threads. This is why you don't want to play the Cavs in the Finals.

Detroit is a better overall team than the Cavs. However, LeBron soon to be King James is capable of taking over games single handedly. And if you watched carefully last night you saw exactly what can happen to a team like Detroit when the game becomes a 1 on 1 situation at the end of game/OT.

It will be no different than what happend to the Mavs last year with DumbWade. And all you Spurs fans that were saying "that could/would never happen to us"........Get ready, because it is about too.

Lebron will penetrate and the Spurs will make a good defensive play but will get called for a foul. LeBron will go to the line for 2 FT's. This will be repeated several times and the defense will become less aggressive for fear of the foul and then LeBron will make it all the way to the hoop, just like he did late in Overtime last night for a layup.

It is as predictable as the Sun rising in the East. Don't say this can't/wont happen to your team because the NBA will make sure that it does.

It is no accident that LeBron wears Jordan's old number and the NBA has been looking for a repalcement of the greatest player ever for years. They just found him last night.

Expect the Finals to be a media gangbang love fest for LeBron. Expect him to average 30 points per game. Expect him to shoot about 15 FT's per game. Expect to be frustrated with the refs. Expect it all because it's coming.

The only way to combat this is to get ahead of the Cavs early and keep the throttle down. It won't matter if LeBron is going crazy if you are up by 15 points the whole time. That's the way to assure that a bad call or lucky shot won't hurt you.

But if the game is close in the last 5 minutes.................uh oh.

Ya Vez
06-01-2007, 08:12 AM
AI - Carmelo - couldn't beat the spurs

Nash - Stodumire - couldn't beat the spurs

Boozer - Williams - couldn't beat the spurs

LBJ - ? - I don't think so...

ATXSPUR
06-01-2007, 08:22 AM
AI - Carmelo - couldn't beat the spurs

Nash - Stodumire - couldn't beat the spurs

Boozer - Williams - couldn't beat the spurs

LBJ - ? - I don't think so...

AI and Melo is the key one!

bigfan
06-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Im not worried that if we play CLE all we will hear about in the press is Lebron this and Lebron that. They will go apes__t over the guy. All the better, because we know what happens to opponents like that, ie Ray Allen, Iverson, Nash ect... They end up getting their butts kicked. They cant deliver up to the press hype. Either DET or CLE, makes no difference, though I think DET has a better total team effort than CLE.