PDA

View Full Version : Chuck and Kenny:Pop ain't gonna to let Lebron get 29 straight.

The Red Hood
06-01-2007, 12:05 AM
:toast

whottt
06-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Bonzi Wells....on Steroids....with passing

sprrs
06-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Bonzi Wells on steroids would not be able to single handedly destroy the Spurs with that Cavs team.

boutons_
06-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Whott's a pitiful wimp already peeing in his pants.

The Spurs are the much better team, more Finals expereience, more scoring balance, much better defense, playing at their peak, have HCA, and will prevail in 7 games, if not in 5.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Plus they're a smart team!

My fear of Lebron is equivalent to that of my fear of meeting the 5-squad Warriors....

Manudona
06-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Whott's a pitiful wimp already peeing in his pants.

The Spurs are the much better team, more Finals expereience, more scoring balance, much better defense, playing at their peak, have HCA, and will prevail in 7 games, if not in 5.

I am sure the Piston fans were saying exactly the same, how are the Piston doing now? They are not dead, but they are praying for repeating what they did last year, and I am not sure it will be easy this time.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I am sure the Piston fans were saying exactly the same, how are the Piston doing now? They are not dead, but they are praying for repeating what they did last year, and I am not sure it will be easy this time.

Do you honestly think Manu, Parker, and Duncan can play as bad as Billups, Rip, and Sheed right now.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Do you honestly think Manu, Parker, and Duncan can play as bad as Billups, Rip, and Sheed right now.
Good point. What should give the worried Spurs fan some faith in beating a hungry Lebron-Cavs squad, is that unlike the Pistons, Manu, Tony and Duncan, want to win as well. :lol

Manudona
06-01-2007, 01:34 AM

I certainly hope they play good and we win, but the fat lady is still in the dresser room, I want to listen her before I clap. This guys are in the finals (whoever wins), I just do not think is a good time to underrate them.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2007, 01:36 AM
I certainly hope they play good and we win, but the fat lady is still in the dresser room, I want to listen her before I clap. This guys are in the finals (whoever wins), I just do not think is a good time to underrate them.

It;s not about underrating Lebron, it's about overrating the stiffs you call a team that are the other 12 guys.

BeerIsGood!
06-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Nobody is underrating them, but if you actually defend James and defend their team it's a lot easier to beat them. Not showing up and making mistake after mistake at the end of the game is not a good way to win. Hopefully the Spurs don't do that.

The Red Hood
06-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Pistons took the cavs for granted letting lebron drive the lane untouched was just horrific defence most of his points came from dunks/layups and it took 2 ots plus a 48 point performance the Spurs will not underestimate the cavs or Lebron but here we are already saying Cavs Spurs finals the series is not even over with yet something tells me Cavs pistons will go to 7 games Pistons are pretty good at bouncing back after a loss ala Spurs

ATXSPUR
06-01-2007, 01:42 AM

The difference is the Pistons showed the same flawed bball they are playing now with the bulls. The Spurs have been playing at a high level all playoffs.

And come on...the magic????? The pistons have not shown championship execution against a team with a pulse this playoffs. Spurs have.

Fast Dunk
06-01-2007, 01:58 AM
:toast

We shall see that...

J.T.
06-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Lebron doesn't need 2 OT to dump 48 on the Spurs. He should be close enough by the start of the 4th.

BeerIsGood!
06-01-2007, 03:05 AM
Lebron doesn't need 2 OT to dump 48 on the Spurs. He should be close enough by the start of the 4th.

I doubt he scores 40 once in the series if that series takes place.

td4mvp3
06-01-2007, 07:38 AM
this season, he scored 35 in the second game of the season on the second of a b2b and then 19 the game in cleveland. last year, james was held to 20 and 44 (at cleveland, the second of a b2b). in 04-05, he got 23 and 20. sans us playing the night before, lebron hasn't really annihilated bruce/spurs defense. and there are no back-to-back games in the playoffs. sure, cleveland could beat the spurs, but i think too many people and especially the media have fallen into calling the pistons some kind of champions-a who should be 3 time defending champs had the ball bounced their way a few times against the spurs and miami. what they should realize is that cleveland and detroit play very similarly and statistically have been close for the season.

Testing
06-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Spurs have won plenty of series with players averaging 30+ and 8+ a game...See Pheonix, Jazz, etc.

dbestpro
06-01-2007, 07:51 AM
The Spurs have a history of letting one scorer go off while making sure the other 4 don't beat them. LeBron will get his, but so will Tony, Duncan, Finley and Ginobili. That is the difference.

Obstructed_View
06-01-2007, 04:04 PM
The Spurs won't run zone at the end of the game when they absolutely need a stop.

duncan228
06-01-2007, 04:09 PM
The Spurs won't run zone at the end of the game when they absolutely need a stop.

And that is the story.

The Spurs can get stops when they need them. I was floored watching the Pistons defense disappear last night. Again and again.

A 7 game series is all about adjustments, and I think Pop is usually pretty good at in game adjustments as well.

Lebron may get his, like Amare got his, by design. The Spurs, as a team, will win the series.

Vito Corleone
06-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm almost willing to bet that the Spurs let Lebron do what he wants through 3 quarters while they shut down the rest of the team. Then come the 4th quarter they put the clamp on James and make the rest of the Cavs try to beat them.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Does anyone agree with Kenny and Chuck when they said the Pistons did not take the Cavs seriously for a few games and it came to bite them in the ass?

I agree.
That is what the spurs must do: take Cavs seriously and do the damn thing every game.

41times
06-01-2007, 04:14 PM
The Pistons are a good defensive team. In fact they are 2nd only to the Spurs in points allowed per game. 91.84 vs 90.89 for the season.

So to say that LeBron can't do as well against the Spurs as he did against the Pistons is flawed.

But the big 3 for the Spurs should be able to off set what LeBron does and more.

DarrinS
06-01-2007, 04:16 PM
The Pistons are a good defensive team. In fact they are 2nd only to the Spurs in points allowed per game. 91.84 vs 90.89 for the season.

So to say that LeBron can't do as well against the Spurs as he did against the Pistons is flawed.

But the big 3 for the Spurs should be able to off set what LeBron does and more.

Pistons haven't played good defense in this series. After Lebron hit like 10 in a row, how about forcing him to pass?

duncan228
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Pistons haven't played good defense in this series. After Lebron hit like 10 in a row, how about forcing him to pass?

Or foul him and make him earn it from the line.

Obstructed_View
06-01-2007, 04:31 PM
The only good defensive play of the fourth quarter was when Rasheed wrapped him up. James missed both free throws.

Obstructed_View
06-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Does anyone agree with Kenny and Chuck when they said the Pistons did not take the Cavs seriously for a few games and it came to bite them in the ass?

I agree.
That is what the spurs must do: take Cavs seriously and do the damn thing every game.
See: Appropriate fear.

duncan228
06-01-2007, 04:34 PM
The only good defensive play of the fourth quarter was when Rasheed wrapped him up. James missed both free throws.

So why didn't they keep doing it? It was more than obvious the guy was on fire, if your defense can't stop him you've got to make him earn it.

Especially in such a close, critical game.

easjer
06-01-2007, 04:58 PM
So why didn't they keep doing it? It was more than obvious the guy was on fire, if your defense can't stop him you've got to make him earn it.

Especially in such a close, critical game.

And the fact that LeBron took so many of those shots in the 4th + meant that his already streaky team was completely cold. Witness the 3 missed shots in the 2nd overtimem by Pavlovic. The Pistons really didn't capitalize there.

michaelwcho
06-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I wonder if the Pistons still think they've been the best team in the NBA for 3 years after last night :)

On another note, have you ever seen Prince play so bad? He's playing like a combination of Okur and Kirilenko. And Chauncy has looked human. It's pretty bad when you're relying on Webber to hit clutch shots!

PM5K
06-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I know that if it was the Spurs and not the Pistons you would have seen hard double teams, you would have seen defenders rotating over to help in the paint, and probably more.

Would it have stopped him, who knows but I can guarantee you the defense would have been considerably better.

Not only that but our offense would be considerably better than the Pistons as well...

duncan228
06-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I wonder if the Pistons still think they've been the best team in the NBA for 3 years after last night :)

On another note, have you ever seen Prince play so bad? He's playing like a combination of Okur and Kirilenko. And Chauncy has looked human. It's pretty bad when you're relying on Webber to hit clutch shots!

I think this loss had to hit the Pistons hard. In Chauncy's post game interview he seemed to take it in stride but I don't buy it.

One guy destroyed an entire team. That has to get in your head.

Last year the Pistons bounced back and won the 6th and 7th games. I'm not sure I saw that fire in them last night. And LeBron has grown up some. Game 6 is going to be interesting. :corn:

duncan228
06-01-2007, 06:06 PM
On a different note, is there anything we can do to get EJ and Kenny and Chuck for the Finals? I find them so much more fun than anyone else.

Obstructed_View
06-01-2007, 06:13 PM
TNT should do Inside the NBA even if they aren't broadcasting the game.

wildbill2u
06-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Bingo! He hasn't proved himself to be a clutch free throw shooter.

SpursWoman
06-01-2007, 06:16 PM

I agree ... I really like them. It sucks we got stuck on ABC & the vomit cam. :lol

duncan228
06-01-2007, 06:29 PM

Absolutely.
It's an award winning show, people like it, people watch it. Keep it on after the games through the Finals.

Sec24Row7
06-01-2007, 10:35 PM
The Pistons dont have a Dominant inside presence or a slasher...

We have a dominant inside presence and TWO slashers...

I dont get why Whott is so worried...

We beat that Sacramento team WITH bonzi wells... and it was a HELL of a lot more talented than this Cleavland team...

td4mvp3
06-01-2007, 10:38 PM
The Pistons dont have a Dominant inside presence or a slasher...

We have a dominant inside presence and TWO slashers...

I dont get why Whott is so worried...

We beat that Sacramento team WITH bonzi wells... and it was a HELL of a lot more talented than this Cleavland team...
this is actually why i think cleveland may prevail in the pistons series. lane points help a lot when tired legs ruin jump shots. a slasher can get easier shots or fouls or a post player can do the same. detroit may be having a dallas moment, realizing sheed isn't giving them that dominance and webber is just too broken to do so.

GSH
06-02-2007, 12:19 AM
The Pistons aren't the same team without Ben Wallace in the middle. Period, end of story. Some of the shots LeBron made last night, nobody could have stopped. But a lot of that shit in the paint would have gone differently with Ben Wallace anchoring the middle.

Even so, the biggest problem was that the Pistons didn't play like a team. There is no denying that LeBron has incredible skills. One-on-one, he's going to win the battle. That's one problem the Spurs aren't going to have, no matter who advances from the East. They play as a unit better than any team in the league.

rwb
06-02-2007, 01:30 AM
It sucks we got stuck on ABC & the vomit cam.

Oh good...I thought I was the only one who gets motion sickness with that damn camera bobbing around. :vomit:

But I agree, as good as LeBron is, I don't think he can carry his entire team for a whole series against the Spurs. I think Detroit is really missing Big Ben right about now.

BlackFlagg
06-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Love LeBron, but it ain't gonna happen for him/them. It'll be a whole 'nother game with the Spurs.

mavs>spurs2
06-02-2007, 01:54 AM
My freakin Grandma wouldn't let Lebron get 29 straight again.

Games like that only come around every so often. Plus, with his supporting cast, it would take 4 of those performances to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2007, 01:57 AM
If the Cavs advance, I'm hoping the ECF game 1, Lebron of 10 points and 10 rebounds shows up against the Spurs for a good bulk of the Finals series :lol

zeleni
06-02-2007, 04:47 AM
I have a plan: (heh)
1.First game Spurs need to surrender. No one needs to play more defense than they would in a regular season. Except Bowen, he should learn as much as possible about Lebron.
2.Second game Parker and Duncan should be doing their best. Manu is so intense, he would never thought of givin up.
3.Home games we crush them.

my2sons
06-02-2007, 07:51 AM
in regards to whott's recent quote:

i forgot was that the spurs will never get to the finals with fin playing the bulk of the minutes or the spurs will not win a finals series with fin getting all those minutes, i can't seem to recall...

if his back keeps acting up you may get your wish for barry. i have no problem with either one as i am a spurs fan as in the team.

WalterBenitez
06-02-2007, 08:04 AM

FLIP?

boutons_
06-02-2007, 09:27 AM
With so many people having PIP TVs, we could watch the TNT guys in one window while watching the game in the other window. :)

MI21
06-02-2007, 09:57 AM
I just want to chime in and say one thing about Whottt calling LeBron, Bonzi on steroids.

While LeBron is obviously light years ahead of Bonzi as a player, it's a different situation. Bonzi is incredible down low with his moves. When motivated and healthy, he is probably the best post up guard in the whole league. LeBron's post game is probably the weakest part of his game... not a good analogy in my opinion.

bdictjames
06-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Prince was horrible.

Cant even make a shot against Eric Snow.

whottt
06-02-2007, 11:07 AM
I just want to chime in and say one thing about Whottt calling LeBron, Bonzi on steroids.

While LeBron is obviously light years ahead of Bonzi as a player, it's a different situation. Bonzi is incredible down low with his moves. When motivated and healthy, he is probably the best post up guard in the whole league. LeBron's post game is probably the weakest part of his game... not a good analogy in my opinion.

Bonzi is the best post up shooting guard in the NBA...

The point I was making is that Bonzi, like LeBron, Melo, Artest, Dirk has a bodytype that exceeds the physical capabilities of the defenders on our team. Big shooting guards and SF's give us more trouble than anything else in the NBA. It's really if they are heavy...2 guards and SF's that are up around the 240 mark give us fits and have every since 03-04.

LeBron is going to tear us up like Bonzi did was the point I was making, a similar level of dominance...except he can pass too. Unlike Bonzi, LeBron can make his teamates better.

And he can post up smalller players, he's posted up Bruce before often, and I imagine if Bruce is defending him they will go to that right away to try and get the Spurs to double. Just depends on how confident Brown is in trying something like that IMO. Even if doesn't post up...he can drive and Bruce will get eaten alive...similar to what Artest and Melo have done when he's been matched up on them.

A 200lb guy cannot physically guard a 250lb guy with better athleticism...

That's why Finley will probably get the call since he's the only one with the weight to stand up to LeBron...plus he can make LeBron play D....but LeBron is still too powerful for Finley and Finley's a pretty big guard himself.

Bruce is a mortal human being...when 250lbs bumps 200lbs...the 200lbs is going to do the moving.